Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,738 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

Please Help,problem With My Honda Accord!!! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Help,problem With My Honda Accord!!! (1189 Views)

My Honda Accord Vibrate/jerk When Entering First/second Gear And Reverse / My Honda Accord Evil Spirit V6 Started Smoking After Topping The Engine Oil / After Engine Washing, My Honda Baby Boy Is Not The Same Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help,problem With My Honda Accord!!! by SeaTrade(m): 10:34pm On Mar 24
Hello house,
Please I have a problem.
I just bought a 2021 Honda accord today and its driving me mental.
Got from a dealer as Toks yesterday...
Car was gotten from Abuja,only for it to get to PH and all warning lights on earth keep throwing up on the dash.
I'm going mental and really angry and disappointed, I should've trucked this vehicle I swear, I didn't even see it before buying,just sent a driver to go check and paid.
But driving is smooth no noise or whatever,na all these lights and it might seem its a disaster waiting to happen.
Car was driven for about 700km to get to me,
Please experts in the house,any pointers?
Gazzuzz,kingreign ,9icetoo,nurey,heavenlybang.
I'd take a pic of the dash now and upload.
Chai.
Re: Please Help,problem With My Honda Accord!!! by SeaTrade(m): 10:37pm On Mar 24

Re: Please Help,problem With My Honda Accord!!! by saveman91(m): 10:48pm On Mar 24
Contact a mechanic around your area for checkup
Re: Please Help,problem With My Honda Accord!!! by Lexusgs430: 10:59pm On Mar 24
SeaTrade:
Hello house,
Please I have a problem.
Car was gotten from Abuja,only for it to get to PH and all warning lights on earth keep throwing up on the dash.
I'm going mental and really angry and disappointed, I should've trucked this vehicle I swear.
Chai.

Did you check the history of the vehicle, prior to purchasing it (for historical flood/accident damage).......

2 Likes

Re: Please Help,problem With My Honda Accord!!! by SeaTrade(m): 11:03pm On Mar 24
Lexusgs430:

Did you check the history of the vehicle, prior to purchasing it (for historical flood/accident damage).......
No I didn't ooo,
I didn't even check physically before buying cos of distance and time,I just sent someone to go check and when he confirmed I paid.
I called the dealer,he is saying one sensor close to the bumper bla bla bla...could be the cause.
I don't know if I should trust what he's saying.
Re: Please Help,problem With My Honda Accord!!! by Lexusgs430: 11:23pm On Mar 24
SeaTrade:
No I didn't ooo,
I didn't even check physically before buying cos of distance and time,I just sent someone to go check and when he confirmed I paid.
I called the dealer,he is saying one sensor close to the bumper bla bla bla...could be the cause.

Pay for a full vin check...... To start with...... Don't spend any money on the car yet........

1 Like

Re: Please Help,problem With My Honda Accord!!! by SeaTrade(m): 11:24pm On Mar 24
Lexusgs430:

Pay for a full vin check...... To start with...... Don't spend any money on the car yet........
Okay sure,will do that.
Thanks.
Re: Please Help,problem With My Honda Accord!!! by felix55(m): 11:45pm On Mar 24
D seller should b arrested. All this Abuja best car eh.. dey will wipe d error codes and b saying rubbish.
Now u HV drove d car for 700km..d truth revealed.
Mine u whether u truck d car or not, d truth must come out. Now scan the car and drop code for explanation...
Nxt time , chk what u r paying for very well.dont believe in pictures..

2 Likes

Re: Please Help,problem With My Honda Accord!!! by Arafat1: 11:49pm On Mar 24
Op accept my sympathy

You don buy problem...

God will see you through

2 Likes

Re: Please Help,problem With My Honda Accord!!! by DrAkpamudehe: 12:07am On Mar 25
Flood damaged car .

Op, sorry your money done enter voicemail. Just resell the car to another mugu

1 Like

Re: Please Help,problem With My Honda Accord!!! by jimts(m): 12:07am On Mar 25
Dear OP,
Please don't panic.

I've dealt with these kind of problems on Mercedes and Ford brands and in most cases, it ends up being a CAN box. This is a small junction box that tie the car's CAN gateway multiplex connections together. If there's any corrosion due to moisture getting there, problems like these will arise mostly after a long drive. Typically, when you shut off the car and restart, the problem disappears momentarily and returns later after you've forgotten about it. These kind of problems are intermittent and can be very hard to replicate at the point of diagnosis.

It sounds easy, but it needs a lot of patience and hands-on car tech skill and proper tooling to be able to sort this one out.

Another regular culprit of this can be as a result of a weak battery. When the car's battery is on its last lap, it will occasionally freak out some of the modules on the car and then end up causing chaos in the CAN-BUS
network.

I am open to assist you remotely.

#AutoJando

1 Like

Re: Please Help,problem With My Honda Accord!!! by SeaTrade(m): 12:27am On Mar 25
jimts:
Dear OP,
Please don't panic.

I've dealt with these kind of problems on Mercedes and Ford brands and in most cases, it ends up being a CAN box. This is a small junction box that tie the car's CAN gateway multiplex connections together. If there's any corrosion due to moisture getting there, problems like these will arise mostly after a long drive. Typically, when you shut off the car and restart, the problem disappears momentarily and returns later after you've forgotten about it. These kind of problems are intermittent and can be very hard to replicate at the point of diagnosis.

It sounds easy, but it needs a lot of patience and hands-on car tech skill and proper tooling to be able to sort this one out.

Another regular culprit of this can be as a result of a weak battery. When the car's battery is on its last lap, it will occasionally freak out some of the modules on the car and then end up causing chaos in the CAN-BUS
network.

I am open to assist you remotely.

#AutoJando
Thanks a lot,
Na wa oo.
I never envisaged this.
Re: Please Help,problem With My Honda Accord!!! by obiekunie01: 12:38am On Mar 25
Bros u don go buy monkey thinking say na chimpanzee you buy.

likely a flooded car.

How are u even sure its not a 2013 accord upgraded to 2021! grin grin

Car dealers eh! their part of hell na special fire go dey burn there.

1 Like

Re: Please Help,problem With My Honda Accord!!! by chukel(m): 5:28am On Mar 25
Do a comprehensive scan on the car. You can drop the VIN here for check. Hopefully they may not be that serious but will need expertise as it seems the car was involved in a front collision and one or 2 sensors were not replaced and properly programmed.

1 Like

Re: Please Help,problem With My Honda Accord!!! by Bullfallo(m): 6:16am On Mar 25
All those lights you are seeing might just be related to 1 or 2 things. Usually any thing related to brake in honda will throw up multiple lights. Check ur brake collision sensor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUfV-E6Rk6s

From the lights

I saw low tyre pressure light
Parking sensor light
Power steering lights
Collision sensor light

Parking and collusion might be the same problem.

Check ur manual for those lights

The check engine light is something to be concerned about. Scan the car for the codes, might just be small thing like sensor replacement.

Take it to good electrician first. But I would advise to scan first and post the codes for that check engine code.

Here is honda dashboard light and there meaning

1 Like

Re: Please Help,problem With My Honda Accord!!! by kingreign(m): 6:19am On Mar 25
SeaTrade:
No I didn't ooo,

I dey Abuja, I'm into pre purchase and post purchase inspection which I'm sure you know, you na my guy, you suppose holla at me say you wan make I check something and I'd do it for you before paying for the car. It seems the car was involved in a collision and probably flooded. To begin with, run a full system diagnosis on that car, pick up every code record them, then run a VIN check.

The seller would definitely deny knowledge of the problems the car is exhibiting.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help,problem With My Honda Accord!!! by BestTrades: 6:51am On Mar 25

To check vehicle history (Vin check)of any car.

For comprehensive vehicle history report .

https://verifyithq.com/services/vehicle-history-reports/

For Retrieval Of Lost Custom Duty..

https://verifyithq.com/lost-customs-papers/

For Custom Duty Verification .. .
https://verifyithq.com/services/customs-duty-verification/

Re: Please Help,problem With My Honda Accord!!! by SeaTrade(m): 7:55am On Mar 25
kingreign:

I dey Abuja, I'm into pre purchase and post purchase inspection which I'm sure you know, you na my guy, you suppose holla at me say you wan make I check something and I'd do it for you before paying for the car. It seems the car was involved in a collision and probably flooded. To begin with, run a full system diagnosis on that car, pick up every code record them, then run a VIN check.

The seller would definitely deny knowledge of the problems the car is exhibiting.
I didn't know,
I was desperately looking for someone to check and act as escrow for the car in Abj.
I bought the car in a hurry cos I needed a replacement car I'd be using for work.
Re: Please Help,problem With My Honda Accord!!! by harshimyomesk: 9:05am On Mar 25
SeaTrade:
I didn't know,
I was desperately looking for someone to check and act as escrow for the car in Abj.
I bought the car in a hurry cos I needed a replacement car I'd be using for work.

Waste no time on this, the first thing to do now is to run a VIN check on the car( make sure you post it here). Whatever the outcome is, you start from there and the dealer must be made aware of this. Don't start fixing anything for now, if any fixing is required the dealer should be responsible. No be small thing to carry money buy toks this time.
Re: Please Help,problem With My Honda Accord!!! by captainking(m): 11:46am On Mar 25
chukel:
Do a comprehensive scan on the car. You can drop the VIN here for check. Hopefully they may not be that serious but will need expertise as it seems the car was involved in a front collision and one or 2 sensors were not replaced and properly programmed.
Please boss can you help check this vin number... 2T1BR32E63C743376

Thanks..
Re: Please Help,problem With My Honda Accord!!! by Oshokhai69: 3:46pm On Mar 30
SeaTrade:
I didn't know,

You just woke up and bought a car wey you never physically inspect? Na wa o

1 Like

Re: Please Help,problem With My Honda Accord!!! by CarGuideNG: 10:30am On Mar 31
Planning to buy a car?

Tokunbo? Used in Nigeria?

Comprehensive VIN Checks & Reports

https://www.carguide.ng

+2347011116171 [Direct WhatsApp Chat Link In Signature]

Available 24 Hours
Re: Please Help,problem With My Honda Accord!!! by SeaTrade(m): 8:36pm On Apr 04
Special thank you to Gazzuzz for giving me the right pointer and selfless help to a brother,cheers baba.
Problem solved ,car is very fine now.
Just some unplugged sensors here and there and some corrections.
Nothing was replaced at all,
And the honesty of the fixer too is something else.
Will definitely recommend him to anyone who needs such help in PH.

12 Likes

Re: Please Help,problem With My Honda Accord!!! by 2Radii: 5:41pm On Apr 12
SeaTrade:
Hello house,
Please I have a problem.
Got from a dealer as Toks yesterday...
I'm going mental and really angry and disappointed, I should've trucked this vehicle I swear, I didn't even see it before buying,just sent a driver to go check and paid.
But driving is smooth no noise or whatever,na all these lights and it might seem its a disaster waiting to happen.
Chai.

Good day bro, someone told me you are on a look out for someone u can strike a deal with...(agribusiness)

I don't know if I am correct with that sir
Re: Please Help,problem With My Honda Accord!!! by SeaTrade(m): 6:10pm On Apr 12
2Radii:

Good day bro, someone told me you are on a look out for someone u can strike a deal with...(agribusiness)

I don't know if I am correct with that sir
Not sure oo,
There was a time I was trying to understand the supply chain of cocoa seeds to see if I can make a business out of it,but didn't succeed.
That's about it ooo,
What do you have in mind?
Re: Please Help,problem With My Honda Accord!!! by 2Radii: 7:17pm On Apr 12
SeaTrade:
Not sure oo,
There was a time I was trying to understand the supply chain of cocoa seeds to see if I can make a business out of it,but didn't succeed.
That's about it ooo,
What do you have in mind?
Ooh

I was discussing with him today so he told me about you.

He said it seems u want someone whom u want to be supplying you. That is why I contact you sir
Re: Please Help,problem With My Honda Accord!!! by SeaTrade(m): 7:51pm On Apr 12
2Radii:
Ooh

I was discussing with him today so he told me about you.

He said it seems u want someone whom u want to be supplying you. That is why I contact you sir
I see,
Where's your location?
Re: Please Help,problem With My Honda Accord!!! by 2Radii: 8:01pm On Apr 12
SeaTrade:
I see,
Where's your location?
Edo
Re: Please Help,problem With My Honda Accord!!! by SeaTrade(m): 8:35am On Apr 13
2Radii:
Edo
Far from me,
I'm in PH
Re: Please Help,problem With My Honda Accord!!! by 2Radii: 8:42am On Apr 13
SeaTrade:
Far from me,
I'm in PH
oh, I tot u have warehouse around
Re: Please Help,problem With My Honda Accord!!! by SeaTrade(m): 9:22am On Apr 13
2Radii:
oh, I tot u have warehouse around
Not for agric stuff.
Re: Please Help,problem With My Honda Accord!!! by BestTrades: 9:53am On Apr 13

To check vehicle history (Vin check)of any car.

For comprehensive vehicle history report .

https://verifyithq.com/services/vehicle-history-reports/

For Retrieval Of Lost Custom Duty..

https://verifyithq.com/lost-customs-papers/

For Custom Duty Verification .. .
https://verifyithq.com/services/customs-duty-verification/

(1) (Reply)

Dealing With Issue Of Engine Temperatures In Tokunbo Vehicles / How Are You Preparing For The Fuel Price Increase? / Help New Car Owner-how Do I Know If My Car Is Consumming More Fuel Than Require

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.