Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,284 members, 7,811,838 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea (40088 Views)

Video Of Trains Being Test Run On The Red Line Tracks In Lagos. / The Ikeja Train Station Of The Red Line Rail Project Completed / Photos Of 8 Edo Indigenes Who Died In Fatal Accident On Return From Spain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by LillyandDaisy: 8:16am On Mar 25
Bad way to go
Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by jchioma: 8:16am On Mar 25
Na wan! Every one seems to have a story to tell about Nigeria. Dude was a failure till his potential was discovered by the United States Navy. Unfortunately, he died in the course of duty to his adoptive nation.
May his soul Rest In Peace ✌🏾

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by hslbroker2(m): 8:16am On Mar 25
obedience4:
Rip sailor
Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by free2ryhme: 8:16am On Mar 25
chisomkachy:
The 34yo originally hails from Osun State

https://www.navy.mil/Press-Office/News-Stories/Article/3716938/us-navy-identifies-sailor-lost-overboard-in-the-red-sea/

In an October 2020 post on social media, Aregbesola wrote:

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by Expanse2020(m): 8:16am On Mar 25
Huttis done the wonderful job
Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by chicfarmer: 8:16am On Mar 25
ArewaHouse:
See his useless throwback post. Shading the country moment he got a Petty role. grin

The young man's comments up there should call for a sober reflection by our leaders. It is not every time we must defend ourselves.
Those sentiments by that young man is shared by millions of Nigerian youths, unfortunately. The country is not getting it right and we must sit up to make things work for our youths.

If we continue to lose our best brains and our youthful potentials to more serious countries, then we will never reach our full potentials as a country.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by magnum247: 8:16am On Mar 25
It's unfortunate, I remember his post that year and was genuinely happy for him. Sadly, he paid the ultimate price for the country he loved which is what he signed up for.

2 Likes

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by Is04970: 8:16am On Mar 25
May his soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by Toluwanise247(m): 8:17am On Mar 25
So bad
Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by MightySparrow: 8:17am On Mar 25
Omoluabi. You died in the service of a nation you believed in.

Rest on.

Omoluabi making yorubas proud in life and death.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by wman(m): 8:17am On Mar 25
I appreciate the fact that the USA gave him a job.

But renouncing Nigeria is a no for me. Well, I hope his family are well taken care of and his death is investigated well.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by moneyissweet(m): 8:18am On Mar 25
Nigeria show am shege, then US come kill am las las.

Now life don balance

1 Like

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by Naijadaily: 8:18am On Mar 25
No RIP , you renounced Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by sukkot: 8:18am On Mar 25
Hmm
Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by MightySparrow: 8:20am On Mar 25
LillyandDaisy:
Bad way to go

Which is good way.
How do know which way you would go?

3 Likes

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by Blazadenise(m): 8:21am On Mar 25
madridguy:
R. I. P

U.S.A killed him.

May God help you

1 Like

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by profmallor: 8:22am On Mar 25
See, Nigeria has failed many of us, that we support and hope the current Government succeeds doesnt imply that the Nigeria up till now has been beneficial to lot of her citizens.

ArewaHouse:
See his useless throwback post. Shading the country moment he got a Petty role. grin

1 Like

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by 49cents(m): 8:22am On Mar 25
phemmie06:
What a pity, greener pasture turn to grave yard. May we continue to enjoy the protection of God over all that pertains to us.

Are people not being killed in Nigeria while also trying to earn a living?

7 Likes

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by 49cents(m): 8:22am On Mar 25
May his soul rest in peace

1 Like

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by Zool6: 8:23am On Mar 25
Captain kelechi Ndukwe given very high role as first African to comand one of biggest USA missel destroyer warship in history still never renounced Nigeria his country of birth to appear more accepted to USA is ordinary sailor spitting Nigeria on public space he deserves what he got
So many Nigerias in USA military never had anyone spite the country like that ,mteww

quote author=madridguy post=129095483]R. I. P

U.S.A killed him. [/quote]

6 Likes

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by uvie66: 8:23am On Mar 25
ArewaHouse:
.... the thing weak me.... the country you now adopted, if I remember vividly, a former president of that country said do not ask what your country can do you but what you can do for yourself country, Nigeria may be corrupt, full of kidnappers, and yahoos, but it is still my country and like am like that.

10 Likes

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by Justiceleague1: 8:24am On Mar 25
madridguy:
R. I. P

U.S.A killed him.
It is not the USA but you who is responsible.

Tribalism and religion has so destroyed naija that people have long been moving away to become citizens of other countries.

We know of a certain tinubuadvocate on here during the elections but who was also looking for way to get his family out of naija!
You guys know failures but still go ahead cos of tribe/religion.
I

You yourself attacking USA and Israel everyday will jump at a us visa if you are offered one along with that of Palestine/Iran/Pakistan/iraq

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by Goodcitizen99(m): 8:25am On Mar 25
madridguy:
R. I. P

U.S.A killed him.
no bro USA actually helped him Okay. ask urself why he denounced Nigeria in the first place. May his soul rest in peace 💯

3 Likes

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by zelnababa(m): 8:25am On Mar 25
classicfrank4u:

Grow up undecided
If Nigeria had given him a job he wouldn't have gone to U.S in the first place.
Nigeria failed him!
so Military is not dying in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by Yankee101: 8:25am On Mar 25
Na Naija boy?
Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by omoredia: 8:26am On Mar 25
ArewaHouse:

She is totally entitled to her opinion of pain and disappointment in Nigeria. Everyone is free to speak their mind

1 Like

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by CaptainFM1: 8:27am On Mar 25
America happened to him.

Japa gone wrong?

2 Likes

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by Jman06(m): 8:29am On Mar 25
Even if he served the US Navy for a short while, I'm sure he was fulfilled and would want to reincarnate as an American if such opportunity exists.

Nigeria is failing many of her citizens. A country where you cannot apply for a role in any of the government agencies and be taken on merit unless you know any of the top politicians.

Many Nigerians are ready to renounce the country like this comrade if they get a chance to leave. It's unfortunate

RIP, comrade.

5 Likes

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by zebszebs: 8:30am On Mar 25
Judolisco:
Rip bros... At least you died fulfilled.... Jst like u said, over here if u want to join d military, you'll have to know someone who knows someone... Seriously it's really frustrating to be jobless in Nigeria

While you do that, "repepentant" herdsmen and terrorists are being absorbed into the army without knowing anyone.

Northerner?
Muslim?
Terrorist leanings?

You are welcome to the Nigerian Army.

5 Likes

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by sylve11: 8:30am On Mar 25
phemmie06:
What a pity, greener pasture turn to grave yard. May we continue to enjoy the protection of God over all that pertains to us.

People go die anywhere jare. undecided cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Scene Of The Airforce Helicopter Crash In Kaduna (photo) / XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others / A Nairalander's First Time Experience At The Beach With Pictures...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.