Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,055 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea (40123 Views)

Video Of Trains Being Test Run On The Red Line Tracks In Lagos. / The Ikeja Train Station Of The Red Line Rail Project Completed / Photos Of 8 Edo Indigenes Who Died In Fatal Accident On Return From Spain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by atiku4President(m): 8:32am On Mar 25
ArewaHouse:
See his useless throwback post. Shading the country moment he got a Petty role. grin
He died fulfilled and the family (if any) he left behind will be respectfully and adequately taken care of, but you will die hungry and frustrated in a shameless and worthless place you call a country. If you are not frustrated, how could you be talking about the dead in this manner? This is not life you are living.

3 Likes

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by abysirius(m): 8:32am On Mar 25
That is the reason we all need to be careful the kind of tweets or messages we put out there. Nigeria gave him the education that took him abroad. He was raised here.. But he renounced Nigeria because he didn't get job.
ArewaHouse:
See his useless throwback post. Shading the country moment he got a Petty role. grin

6 Likes

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by Kobicove(m): 8:32am On Mar 25
America happened to him!

2 Likes

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by madridguy(m): 8:32am On Mar 25
And who told you there's no jobless people in the US?

classicfrank4u:

Grow up undecided
If Nigeria had given him a job he wouldn't have gone to U.S in the first place.
Nigeria failed him!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by madridguy(m): 8:33am On Mar 25
Exactly.

Expanse2020:

He didn't know Nigeria is saving his life
Now U.S.A who saw the potential brought death to his neck...God is wonderful
Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by Lanretoye(m): 8:34am On Mar 25
chisomkachy:
The 34yo originally hails from Osun State

https://www.navy.mil/Press-Office/News-Stories/Article/3716938/us-navy-identifies-sailor-lost-overboard-in-the-red-sea/

In an October 2020 post on social media, Aregbesola wrote:

one country failed you but the other one killed you

2 Likes

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by Dennisochampa: 8:34am On Mar 25
madridguy:
R. I. P

U.S.A killed him.

No they didn't.... Accidents happen daily even in our homes...

2 Likes

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by Dennisochampa: 8:35am On Mar 25
May his soul rest in peace and may God forgive his imperfections....
No where is safe.... If one thing no kill u... Another thing wen u no expect go kill you
Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by madridguy(m): 8:35am On Mar 25
Stop deceiving yourself. His colleagues threw him inside water.

Dennisochampa:

No they didn't.... Accidents happen daily even in our homes...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by Roboto11: 8:35am On Mar 25
classicfrank4u:

Grow up undecided
Nigeria failed him!

The Nigeria Navy is recruiting.

2 Likes

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by travelzcruix: 8:37am On Mar 25
Do you know the kind of destinies Nigeria destroys daily through their educational sector, job selection etc. Internal descremination in your own land. Haba Naija! You think if someone sees my potential outside here I will send a box of roses? Well, dream on

1 Like

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by Roboto11: 8:38am On Mar 25
I have no problem with one seeking greener pastures.

I do have a problem with those so ignorant that they bash their origin, ancestry and those to come.

I don't even know if I should write my customary rest in peace 🙏🏾.

2 Likes

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by Tealcrestmedia(m): 8:41am On Mar 25
May his soul rest in peace.

We are always in a hurry to bash Nigeria. In as much as we have not yet gotten all we want from Nigeria, we should always learn to bless her (and she will obviously bless you). Refrain from abusing your home, the place you're running to, even in the next 30 years will never truly see you as their own and will, at the slightest chance, tie you back to the country which you so despise. It is well.

5 Likes

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by Zool6: 8:42am On Mar 25
RIP to him
but this ur comment is totally off considering he publicly denounced Nigeria while Alive
This are 2 most Senior Africa in USA Navy why even after being so promoted in USA Navy why haven't they publicly denounced Nigeria?

Picture 1
Captain kelechi Ndukwe

Picture 2
Commander Obi Ugochkwu

MightySparrow:
Omoluabi. You died in the service of a nation you believed in.

Rest on.

Omoluabi making yorubas proud in life and death.

1 Like

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by Akalia(m): 8:43am On Mar 25
ArewaHouse:
He is not a good citizen of Nigeria. I will never cast my country in a negative shade just because I manage travel Yankee wey dey better obviously.

7 Likes

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by LillyandDaisy: 8:44am On Mar 25
MightySparrow:

Which is good way.
How do know which way you would go?
Only God knows, but it quick and fast when am sleeping at old age tsha
Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by brightDdon(m): 8:44am On Mar 25
AutoConsult:
Rip to him.

Death can come to a person anywhere. As long as you are under this earth and breathing the same air with others, when death finds you, he'll take you with him.

Please never denigrate your country when you find your feet outside of your country. There are people who are doing very well in the same country.

Peace✌️

Very well said.

4 Likes

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by ppogba: 8:44am On Mar 25
Justiceleague1:

It is not the USA but you who is responsible.

Tribalism and religion has so destroyed naija that people have long been moving away to become citizens of other countries.

We know of a certain tinubuadvocate on here during the elections but who was also looking for way to get his family out of naija!
You guys know failures but still go ahead cos of tribe/religion.
I

You yourself attacking USA and Israel everyday will jump at a us visa if you are offered one along with that of Palestine/Iran/Pakistan/iraq

Please when talking about the last election, endeavor to leave tribalism out of it. The statistics are in public domain.

Second, the people voted the man you love to hate because your much highlighted alternative who bought 400 SUVs for 179 traditional rulers is not credible enough.

Please come up with better argument and stop wailing. Elections are gone.

Tinubu advocates are looking for ways to get out of Nigeria. That is fair enough.
What will you say about Obi advocates and ass lickers that are accepting offers of positions from the same Tinubu?

2 Likes

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by yankison(m): 8:45am On Mar 25
phemmie06:
What a pity, greener pasture turn to grave yard. May we continue to enjoy the protection of God over all that pertains to us.

Ogbeni anyone can die at anytime but he has fulfilled his dream ..unlike been in Nigeria and walllow in poverty and regret
.at least his children would be proud of their dad over time.with the benefit of been a US soldier ..... Don't dull ursef and die with ur dreams
Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by Cantonese: 8:45am On Mar 25
ArewaHouse:

Given the same scenario and opportunity, will you not say the same? Your troops suffer daily loss because your leaders pocket huge sums to spend with their own children in the same America; giving themselves and their children good lives.

With the shame going on in the north, is it not enough to renounce your country? Farmers cannot get into their farms. Ransom is paid before the harvest. They suffer in the midst of plenty.

Do not blame the young man. A military man knows that when he is on the battle field, his days may be numbered. The same could have happened to him if he was serving in your country.

And by the way, go to the barracks; meet military people on the roads and listen to how proudly they eulogize their contemporaries abroad. Listen to them how they wish and plan to relocate to join the American army. Again, can you count the number of Nigerians, male and female, in the US army?

3 Likes

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by CrossRhodes: 8:47am On Mar 25
ArewaHouse:
The petty role had lots of benefits and life changing path which you can't really get most times without connection in nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by Kingrshd3: 8:47am On Mar 25
He wouldn't have died if he is still in nigeria under oshodi bridge

1 Like

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by Fearurcreeator: 8:47am On Mar 25
classicfrank4u:

Grow up undecided
Nigeria failed him!
Na everybody for US get Job

2 Likes

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by Fearurcreeator: 8:48am On Mar 25
Judolisco:
Rip bros... At least you died fulfilled.... Jst like u said, over here if u want to join d military, you'll have to know someone who knows someone... Seriously it's really frustrating to be jobless in Nigeria....

Most times Sha na we dey contribute to all dis things my mind breaks when I see people pay bribe for ordinary nysc state posting and most times the parents are even aware, so if you'll pay money to get a juicy PPA, you'll definitely pay bribe to get a juicy government job... And when something bad happens you'll turn around and say Nigeria happened to you or 9ja failed you...

I'm a proud Nigerian though, and I'll never talk down on my country, especially when I'm in another country.... We go get am right one day... And 9ja go better
Just stay jobless for one month in Europe of America first
Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by Kingrshd3: 8:48am On Mar 25
yankison:

Ogbeni anyone can die at anytime but he has fulfilled his dream ..unlike been in Nigeria and walllow in poverty and regret
.at least his children would be proud of their dad over time.with the benefit of been a US soldier ..... Don't dull ursef and die with ur dreams

Die in ur dream or not die na Die .

D fool would have still alive if he was still in Nigeria..

Japa gone wrong
Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by phemmie06(m): 8:48am On Mar 25
Uncle, I never condem his move even in Nigeria there is mobility of labour which was Why I said may we not die as we on the course of putting food on our table but live long to eat the sweet reward of our labour

yankison:

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by Actuarydeji(m): 8:51am On Mar 25
Honestly speaking, I don't have empathy on anyone that discredit their nationality all because of material things. Omo to ba so Ile nu...
madridguy:
R. I. P

U.S.A killed him.

3 Likes

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by Donaldoni: 8:53am On Mar 25
RIP

We may never hear anything again after this.
Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by Judolisco(m): 8:55am On Mar 25
Fearurcreeator:

Just stay jobless for one month in Europe of America first
staying jobless anywhere in d world no good sef...

2 Likes

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by chidi2003(m): 8:56am On Mar 25
Paracetamol01:
Sorry bro.... Nigeria failed you...
I have never seen a foreigner join Nigeria army yet we join theirs and even have to die for them
Nigeriens, Cameroonians, Chadians, do join Nigerian Army; are they not foreigners?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by NinjaMetahuman: 8:59am On Mar 25
ArewaHouse:
I guess America happened to him.

RIP to him.

3 Likes

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by foleskay(m): 8:59am On Mar 25
Naijadaily:
No RIP , you renounced Nigeria!
Yes. That's the Normal way. If u want to get US citizenship,You must renounce ur country of birth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Much Is Lagos To New York Flight ? / My Fiancee Is Relocating To UK / What Is The Cost Of Living In Abuja??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.