Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea (40134 Views)

Video Of Trains Being Test Run On The Red Line Tracks In Lagos. / The Ikeja Train Station Of The Red Line Rail Project Completed / Photos Of 8 Edo Indigenes Who Died In Fatal Accident On Return From Spain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by FinidiGeorge: 1:06pm On Mar 25
classicfrank4u:

Grow up undecided
If Nigeria had given him a job he wouldn't have gone to U.S in the first place.
Nigeria failed him!
Na lie oga, one thing peculiar with a lot of Nigerians is ojúkòkòrò... Most here lack contentment, or are there not people with good jobs that still japa and talked as if God had never for once answered their prayers here in Nigeria?
Therefore, if he had a way despite being employed, hin go still japa, because sentimentally, our idea of abroad is heaven and paradise!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by BigDawsNet: 1:06pm On Mar 25
Roboto11:

Pays better how?

Most live from hand to mouth without any savings.

Especially in UK.

I accept the fact that in USA, soldiers are better remunerated but it doesn't make for one to denigrate his/her country of birth.

Na the same USA put am for water so.

Yes I agree, for me... I can never speak bad abt my country when I'm faraway from home or even renounce my citizenship... I know Nigeria has not really favoured the average Nigerians.. but it's our home and we should always be proud of it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by FinidiGeorge: 1:10pm On Mar 25
Roboto11:

The Nigeria Navy is recruiting.
Please send link
Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by Roboto11: 1:10pm On Mar 25
BigDawsNet:

Yes I agree, for me... I can never speak bad abt my country when I'm faraway from home or even renounce my citizenship... I know Nigeria has not really favoured the average Nigerians.. but it's our home and we should always be proud of it

Correct.

A lack of patriotism is even the beginning of the failure of the state.

1 Like

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by Roboto11: 1:15pm On Mar 25

2 Likes

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by Ademidd: 1:19pm On Mar 25
Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by worldstevo: 1:20pm On Mar 25
I consider those who abuse and insult this country as immature and foolish. I understand that Nigeria is a frustrating place but its still very beautiful . So many people are successful here inspite of everything. Rather than condemn what everyone should do while searching for greener pastures is to always keep your options open. Denouncing or abusing your country simply shows a low level of intelligence. No matter what you might think when the chips are down in that country you went to, your next available option is to come back home. Let me use the Ukraine war as an example. Before the war many were getting Ukrainian citizenship and all that. Now tell me how many Nigerians with Ukrainian passport has gone to fight for Ukraine or chose to remain there? Rather most if not all have retrieved that dusty Nigerian passport and ran back to Nigeria . I know because I have encountered some of them. If by chance a nuclear war breaks out and America as well as Europe becomes very unsafe, you lots condemning my beloved country will run back home

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by Osidazz19: 1:36pm On Mar 25
A lot of people who always talk bad about Nigeria after leaving the country tend to have these kinds of things happen to them.
2 of my friends who hated Nigeria with passion after traveling to the US in the late 80s both ended up deported back to the same Nigeria that they claimed they could never go back to.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by Osidazz19: 1:40pm On Mar 25
worldstevo:
I consider those who abuse and insult this country as immature and foolish. I understand that Nigeria is a frustrating place but its still very beautiful . So many people are successful here inspite of everything. Rather than condemn what everyone should do while searching for greener pastures is to always keep your options open. Denouncing or abusing your country simply shows a low level of intelligence. No matter what you might think when the chips are down in that country you went to, your next available option is to come back home. Let me use the Ukraine war as an example. Before the war many were getting Ukrainian citizenship and all that. Now tell me how many Nigerians with Ukrainian passport has gone to fight for Ukraine or chose to remain there? Rather most if not all have retrieved that dusty Nigerian passport and ran back to Nigeria . I know because I have encountered some of them. If by chance a nuclear war breaks out and America as well as Europe becomes very unsafe, you lots condemning my beloved country will run back home

Exactly. I'm already planning how to run back to Nigeria should World War 3 start today grin grin grin
I'm an American but I will always love Nigeria. I'm very happy and at peace when I visit Nigeria. If I have enough money, I would have moved my ass back to Nigeria permanently. I'm only living in the West for financial reasons.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by Kingbuhari(m): 1:41pm On Mar 25
ArewaHouse:
See his useless throwback post. Shading the country moment he got a Petty role. grin
the country that also failed you
Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by NGArmyTerrorist: 1:42pm On Mar 25
This will stop the helicopter crash and jet engine failures grin Dem sabi how to eliminate people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by yewit37486: 1:43pm On Mar 25
Osidazz19:

Exactly. I'm already planning how to run back to Nigeria should World War 3 start today grin grin grin
I'm an American but I will always love Nigeria. I'm very happy and at peace when I visit Nigeria. If I have enough money, I would have moved my ass back to Nigeria permanently. I'm only living in the West for financial reasons.

Less time on nairaland might give you more time to make more money. Less toxicity as well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by Osidazz19: 1:45pm On Mar 25
yewit37486:

Less time on nairaland might give you more time to make more money. Less toxicity as well.

I'm already making more than you can dream of in your lifetime. Worry about yourself first. Even when on NL, I'm still making money...

Get lost.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by Dennisochampa: 1:47pm On Mar 25
madridguy:
Stop deceiving yourself. His colleagues threw him inside water.

Must you tell your father to stop deceiving himself?
Werin concern me for the matter?
I said my own opinion.. You can respectively ignore or in a humble manner state your objection....
Which one be stop deceiving yourself like say I dey where the accident for happen?
Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by victorsola: 2:08pm On Mar 25
classicfrank4u:

Grow up undecided
If Nigeria had given him a job he wouldn't have gone to U.S in the first place.
Nigeria failed him!
na only him dey nigeria wey nigeria wan give job. Abeg think before writing, because it’s not working for you no mean say other are not getting it good . As crazy as this economy is people still Dey buy cars in worth 100s of millions. Maybe if he Dey nigeria he for no die

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by ablejesus26(m): 2:14pm On Mar 25
madridguy:
R. I. P

U.S.A killed him.

😁😁 loll no dey make attempts to make sense jareh,e no dey ever fit you at all 😁😁
Just stick to doing Igbo yoooo,Igbo eeehhhh, Igbo aaahhh na that one be your calling and destiny 😁😁.

2 Likes

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by CoronaVirusPro: 2:22pm On Mar 25
Paracetamol01:
Sorry bro.... Nigeria failed you...
I have never seen a foreigner join Nigeria army yet we join theirs and even have to die for them

Most die for the citizenship and not the US.

Americans are not taking up military service again and why the US army is facing shortages. Being a route to citizenship is why you still find most Africans there.

A senator already proposing that illegals should be giving same route . It’s either death or a blue passport.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by Xiaohei(m): 2:40pm On Mar 25
ArewaHouse:
See his useless throwback post. Shading the country moment he got a Petty role. grin

How did he shade Nigeria? How? Please explain.
Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by codemaniacs: 2:41pm On Mar 25
Slimlord:

There's nowhere in the world where the government of the country provides jobs for all the citizens man

The UAE provides jobs for all it's emiratis.
Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by Roboto11: 2:45pm On Mar 25
pargelenis:
There is no where else in the world where kids get kidnapped from schools on a regular basis and nothing gets done … failed republic and so called “giant of Africa” grin

But there is one that the kids are regularly shot up in their schools.
Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by iamL(f): 2:48pm On Mar 25
DestinyNigga:

Exactly. No place like home.

Is not good to throw any form of shade towards any place that I agree but saying no place like home is total nonsense.

What does the home have to offer? Kidnappings, ritual killing, power failure, hunger etc is that the no place like home?
Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by iamL(f): 2:52pm On Mar 25
Roboto11:

But there is one that the kids are regularly shot up in their schools.

Most times the criminals are caught within days and dealt with while the families of the victims are compensated.

But in a country the government are still searching for chiboke girls. kidnappings are normal which some government officials take their share of ransoms in their states and no one is ever caught.
Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by Roboto11: 2:53pm On Mar 25
iamL:

Most times the criminals are caught within days and dealt with while the families of the victims are compensated.

But in a country the government are still searching for chiboke girls. kidnappings are normal which some government officials take their share of ransoms in their states and no one is ever caught.

Has it stopped it from happening?

You would make excuses for others because you feel inferior.
Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by iamL(f): 2:57pm On Mar 25
victorsola:
na only him dey nigeria wey nigeria wan give job. Abeg think before writing, because it’s not working for you no mean say other are not getting it good . As crazy as this economy is people still Dey buy cars in worth 100s of millions. Maybe if he Dey nigeria he for no die

How many of them way they buy cars worth 100 of millions their money legit? If them clean Nigerians out 90% of the rich go be average.

1 Like

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by maternal: 4:23pm On Mar 25
victorsola:

I'd rather be in America for a few years, and die in the military, than be alive, and live in naija.

1 Like

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by maternal: 4:32pm On Mar 25
Osidazz19:

If WW3 kicks off, you'd put money on the Naija military to protect you, over the US ? You're at peace when you visit naija because America has allowed you to make money to be comfortable. If you have enough money ? Move back to naija and hustle like the rest. Since you're at peace there. Oh, hustling under the same circumstances as an actual Nigerian who doesn't have a foreign passport is almost impossible.

You're only in the west for financial reasons. Na today ? What other reasons do you think people come to the west for ? The cold weather. My friend sit down. You're not a Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by Konquest: 4:36pm On Mar 25
chisomkachy:
The 34yo originally hails from Osun State

The U.S. Navy on Saturday identified the Sailor lost overboard from USS Mason (DDG 87) while operating in the Red Sea, March 20.

Aviation Machinist’s Mate 2nd Class Oriola Michael Aregbesola, assigned to the “Swamp Foxes” of Helicopter Maritime Strike Squadron (HSM) 74, was deployed with a detachment aboard Mason, which has been operating in the U.S. 5th Fleet since November.

Aregbesola, of Florida, joined the Navy in July 2020. He reported to HSM-74 in December 2020.

“Petty Officer Aregbesola fully embodied the selfless character and thoughtful warrior spirit of the United States Navy Sailor,” said Cmdr. Eric Kohut, HSM-74 commanding officer. “His outstanding performance prior to and during deployment went well beyond aircraft maintenance; he truly saw and valued every member of the ship/air team. He will continue on in the heart of every Swamp Fox and our brothers and sisters in the IKE Carrier Strike Group. Our deepest thoughts and prayers are with his family.”

Mason and HSM-74 are part of the Dwight D. Eisenhower Carrier Strike Group and currently deployed to the U.S. 5th Fleet area of operations.

https://www.navy.mil/Press-Office/News-Stories/Article/3716938/us-navy-identifies-sailor-lost-overboard-in-the-red-sea/

https://www.navy.mil/Press-Office/News-Stories/Article/3716938/us-navy-identifies-sailor-lost-overboard-in-the-red-sea/

In an October 2020 post on social media, Aregbesola wrote:

Oh my... Gosh.

Oriola Aregbesola of the U.S. Navy has passed on... lost overboard on USS Mason. Were there not enough safety measures in place or was he pushed overboard? I first saw his post online in 2020. My condolences go to the young Nigerian-American's family.

That's one Diasporan Naija soldier down. The rest remain unbowed like the rock of Gibraltar.

=>https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2024/03/24/navy-florida-sailor-red-sea-oriola-michael-aregbesola/73087492007/

1 Share

Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by iamL(f): 4:47pm On Mar 25
Roboto11:

Has it stopped it from happening?

You would make excuses for others because you feel inferior.

No. But Every sane and innocent people will rather stay where is not a norm than where is a norm and your likes benefits from them.

The truth is hard to face and harder to accept especially by those who are children or beneficiaries of lies.
Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by Roboto11: 5:00pm On Mar 25
iamL:

No. But Every sane and innocent people will rather stay where is not a norm than where is a norm and your likes benefits from them.

The truth is hard to face and harder to accept especially by those who are children or beneficiaries of lies.

Any who?

The fact remains that a lot of crimes and jobs you cannot tolerate in your own home, you condone and even celebrate in other lands.
Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by Roboto11: 5:06pm On Mar 25
Xiaohei:

How did he shade Nigeria? How? Please explain.

Continue living in denial.
Re: Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea by NOwazobia: 6:32pm On Mar 25
Coolestguy2023:
He would probably be alive as a Nigerian.
RIP soldier
or probably dead earlier than now... 😒

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Fiancee Is Relocating To UK / The True State Of Lagos Light Rail Marina Axis - Photos / EU Plans To Impose Visa Restrictions On Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.