Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

10 Risky Areas In Lekki/Ajah To Verify Before You Buy A Property - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 10 Risky Areas In Lekki/Ajah To Verify Before You Buy A Property (29152 Views)

Why Do Affluent Areas In Nigeria Do This? / Precautions To Verify Before Renting An Apartment. / How To Verify Red Copy Of Survey Plan In Lagos Was Lodged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Risky Areas In Lekki/Ajah To Verify Before You Buy A Property by yuzjet(m): 6:42pm On Mar 26
grin
Re: 10 Risky Areas In Lekki/Ajah To Verify Before You Buy A Property by Eriokanmi: 6:46pm On Mar 26
Must we live near that salty, mosquito-infested water-logged area? Lekki is a glorified slum. My friend later concurred...after leaving there for mainland. Their season of tears would soon start.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Risky Areas In Lekki/Ajah To Verify Before You Buy A Property by lexy2014: 6:50pm On Mar 26
Melagros:
COMRADES, honestly, this is commendable because these fake estate agents full Lagos well well

the agents are not the problem because its not agent that built the houses in those areas

1 Like

Re: 10 Risky Areas In Lekki/Ajah To Verify Before You Buy A Property by Foreverly02: 6:52pm On Mar 26
Damn
Re: 10 Risky Areas In Lekki/Ajah To Verify Before You Buy A Property by sukkot: 6:54pm On Mar 26
No man’s land
Re: 10 Risky Areas In Lekki/Ajah To Verify Before You Buy A Property by lexy2014: 6:55pm On Mar 26
humilitypays:
No wahala Lagos State Government will use their own hand to kill Lagos state real estate business and building sector which happens to be the biggest employer of labor in Lagos state, na from clap dance de start undecided

how is real estate business and building sector the biggest employer of labour in Lagos?

how is the size of the real estate sector the justification for developers building houses on canals, flagrant sand filling, building their so called mini estates without building plans and selling these houses without proper government papers?

3 Likes

Re: 10 Risky Areas In Lekki/Ajah To Verify Before You Buy A Property by Litmus: 7:06pm On Mar 26
Is Lagos state government complicit? When are they going to get to grips with sanitising land, property and sales rights and prosecute some of these openly corrupt realtors ? Isn't a moratorium possible in which all realtor activities are suspended for a year during which time the state government fine-tunes the system or and introduce alternative state approved realtors etc ?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Risky Areas In Lekki/Ajah To Verify Before You Buy A Property by adicius: 7:08pm On Mar 26
I am no longer interested in investing in property in Nigeria. I am now looking at South Africa 🇿🇦 along with a few other partners. Things seem properly done there. My team and I are touring with similar property buyers from America, mainly African Americans soon. Better prospects in my opinion.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Risky Areas In Lekki/Ajah To Verify Before You Buy A Property by seborrhic: 7:08pm On Mar 26
oyeb15:
The money I will use buy property for Lekki, I will use am travel to Canada and settle well there.
Go and first make the money
Re: 10 Risky Areas In Lekki/Ajah To Verify Before You Buy A Property by Dnet21: 7:09pm On Mar 26
E don cast
Re: 10 Risky Areas In Lekki/Ajah To Verify Before You Buy A Property by humilitypays(m): 7:10pm On Mar 26
lexy2014:

how is real estate business and building sector the biggest employer of labour in Lagos?

how is the size of the real estate sector the justification for developers building houses on canals, flagrant sand filling, building their so called mini estates without building plans and selling these houses without proper government papers?
For your information, building/construction industry is the biggest employer of labor in Lagos state, if you doubt me then you must be a kid.

If you know how many:

Masons
Carpenters
Bricklayers
Welders
Aluminum makers
building material dealers
Artisans
Tiles
Plaster of Paris makers
etc, etc that are employed daily by building industry/sector in Nigeria, you will start taking that sector very serious

2 Likes

Re: 10 Risky Areas In Lekki/Ajah To Verify Before You Buy A Property by seborrhic: 7:10pm On Mar 26
Konquest:

Due diligence is key.
Must you quote the whole damned long post to write this reply!
Gosh,this is annoying!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Risky Areas In Lekki/Ajah To Verify Before You Buy A Property by Izuchukwu70: 7:17pm On Mar 26
tommy589:
After demolition of Maroko by Raji Rasaki, I am yet to see any administration that have not demolished properties along that axis. And it is not that they don't have approvals

How do you know your approvals are truly approvals when the powerful comes calling

Then people should stop buying properties there. Period!
Re: 10 Risky Areas In Lekki/Ajah To Verify Before You Buy A Property by DeLaRue: 7:17pm On Mar 26
Orchid road...hmm

Most will do well to avoid a place like Okun mopo. Even experienced lawyers have ran into trouble in that area.

In that axis, truth is hard to come by however much you dig.

1 Like

Re: 10 Risky Areas In Lekki/Ajah To Verify Before You Buy A Property by YoshihideSuga: 7:20pm On Mar 26
adicius:
I am no longer interested in investing in property in Nigeria. I am now looking at South Africa 🇿🇦 along with a few other partners. Things seem properly done there. My team and I are touring with similar property buyers from America, mainly African Americans soon. Better prospects in my opinion.

This is the thing that befuddles me - well-to-do Nigerians, especially those who aren't Yorubas dying to invest in Lekki or Lagos real estate industry, whereas there are equally other good locations to invest in across the continent and even beyond. Why Lekki-Ajah axis instead of Barbados or Bahamas? Must it be Ikeja when Cape Verde dey? If they don't build in Lekki, but in Accra, would they die?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Risky Areas In Lekki/Ajah To Verify Before You Buy A Property by RecentHistory: 7:20pm On Mar 26
humilitypays:
No wahala Lagos State Government will use their own hand to kill Lagos state real estate business and building sector which happens to be the biggest employer of labor in Lagos state, na from clap dance de start undecided

And how is that the business of an economic refugee from God-knows-where?
Re: 10 Risky Areas In Lekki/Ajah To Verify Before You Buy A Property by Kingrshd3: 7:22pm On Mar 26
Easybet1:
You must have seen shege in the hand of slay queen

As in ehn first class shege 😂
Re: 10 Risky Areas In Lekki/Ajah To Verify Before You Buy A Property by Konquest: 7:25pm On Mar 26
seborrhic:

Must you quote the whole damned long post to write this reply!
Gosh,this is annoying!!
You have absolutely NO right to state here that I quoted the OP's post. You should also be annoyed with the OP for writing a long post (which IMHO is a highly informative real estate post).

I've been using the Internet since 1995 and there is NO rule OR online etiquette which states that you cannot quote anything online. Even NL has no such rules.

Second, some NL users deactivate their accounts and quoting them helps you to EASILY find their past posts using the NL search function.

Reading long informative posts can be very priceless because there are hidden GEMS in reading books and even reading long posts like the one here that you detest.
Re: 10 Risky Areas In Lekki/Ajah To Verify Before You Buy A Property by BigBashiru: 7:25pm On Mar 26
Lalami3232:
When are we going to enlighten our men on the danger of marrying non-virgins aka boreholes like this? Men also need this sensitization aswell bcuz the rate of paternity fraud is alarming. Dear men, pls be vigilant, else you go train your wife ex boyfriend, landlord or business associate's child. Go for the DNA test today and thank me later. You don't need to tell her before going for it. If the child is yours, the better for you. If the child isn't yours, you know what to do ontime. What do I even know sef aside enlightening my fellow men nationwide with the good news

Oga if you no meet your wife as a virgin, oga go for DNA test oooooo because boreholes aka non-virgins can't be trusted

Go get a job and a life

2 Likes

Re: 10 Risky Areas In Lekki/Ajah To Verify Before You Buy A Property by Astra101: 7:26pm On Mar 26
Orchid..... Hmmm I almost fell for this. God save me!

1 Like

Re: 10 Risky Areas In Lekki/Ajah To Verify Before You Buy A Property by mukthar2000(m): 7:26pm On Mar 26
Some igbo amaka in diaspora would still turn deaf ear and full victim.
Re: 10 Risky Areas In Lekki/Ajah To Verify Before You Buy A Property by BigBashiru: 7:27pm On Mar 26
YoshihideSuga:

This is the thing that befuddles me - well-to-do Nigerians, especially those who aren't Yorubas dying to invest in Lekki or Lagos real estate industry, whereas there are equally other good locations to invest in across the continent and even beyond. Why Lekki-Ajah axis instead of Barbados or Bahamas? Must it be Ikeja when Cape Verde dey? If they don't build in Lekki, but in Accra, would they die?

Very well said but one needs to work with a good agent because we don't hv local knowledge of those countries....to know which area is a good area, which area should be avoided in Cape Verde etc

1 Like

Re: 10 Risky Areas In Lekki/Ajah To Verify Before You Buy A Property by GodHimself: 7:27pm On Mar 26
This is a high-value article.

Thank you.

lawyer:

Omonilelawyer
Re: 10 Risky Areas In Lekki/Ajah To Verify Before You Buy A Property by muheeb01(m): 7:30pm On Mar 26
Very Good and insightful post,well done
Re: 10 Risky Areas In Lekki/Ajah To Verify Before You Buy A Property by EBEk101(m): 7:32pm On Mar 26
Lekki palm city is the worst estate I have ever stayed, no light at all in that estate.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Risky Areas In Lekki/Ajah To Verify Before You Buy A Property by PHIPEX(m): 7:36pm On Mar 26
Where then is left for the Island axis? You have almost covered the entire Lekki Ajah axis. This matter is a big turnoff to serious buyers.

This is the time to think elsewhere

3 Likes

Re: 10 Risky Areas In Lekki/Ajah To Verify Before You Buy A Property by Elonmuzk(m): 7:37pm On Mar 26
What about Osapa London? Should I be worried?
Re: 10 Risky Areas In Lekki/Ajah To Verify Before You Buy A Property by Nwanna2588: 7:44pm On Mar 26
lawyer:

Omonilelawyer

Is Alasia part of it?
Re: 10 Risky Areas In Lekki/Ajah To Verify Before You Buy A Property by dododawa1: 7:45pm On Mar 26
NOTED
Re: 10 Risky Areas In Lekki/Ajah To Verify Before You Buy A Property by Anashe: 7:49pm On Mar 26
Chevron extension, a hard lesson cry

2 Likes

Re: 10 Risky Areas In Lekki/Ajah To Verify Before You Buy A Property by professore(m): 7:49pm On Mar 26
May God protect us.

1 Like

Re: 10 Risky Areas In Lekki/Ajah To Verify Before You Buy A Property by lexy2014: 7:55pm On Mar 26
humilitypays:
For your information, building/construction industry is the biggest employer of labor in Lagos state, if you doubt me then you must be a kid.

If you know how many:

Masons
Carpenters
Bricklayers
Welders
Aluminum makers
building material dealers
Artisans
Tiles
Plaster of Paris makers
etc, etc that are employed daily by building industry/sector in Nigeria, you will start taking that sector very serious

that is not what I asked you. I didnt ask you to list professions for me. as an adult, dont you know the meaning of the word "how"?

my questions are:

1. how is real estate business and building sector the biggest employer of labour in Lagos?

2. how is the size of the real estate sector the justification for developers building houses on canals, flagrant sand filling, building their so called mini estates without building plans and selling these houses without proper government papers?

3. can you give me the population of each of the professions you mentioned in Lagos?

4. kindly do a comparative analysis with your figures from the real estate sector with figures of other sectors in Lagos.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PMB Okays Centenary City Project / Department Of Interior Decorations / Bungalow vs Duplex: Which Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.