Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,989 members, 7,810,761 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

How An American Shocked Me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How An American Shocked Me (1068 Views)

Ebin Pawa: How My Neighbor's Wife Shocked Me / Wike: I Have Great Respect For Tinubu But His Comment On Edo Crisis Shocked Me / Isong Akpabio: Godswill Akpabio’s Defection Shocked Me - Elder Brother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How An American Shocked Me by EbinPawaGovt: 5:10pm On Mar 25
On a Delta flight, this guy was arguing with the FA over payment for what he ordered. Now this is a bit unusual but it happened that the guy bought a first class ticket, but gave up his sit for a US soldier in full military uniform. (What?!) Obviously, the FA wanted him to pay for the first-class privilege he ordered sitting in economy class. When it became obvious to folks around that he gave up his seat for a soldier, another guy offered to pay for order, but the man insisted on paying for it. This got me thinking... you mean there are people who give up privileges for soldiers? As in, I could imagine giving up a first-class seat for my primary school teacher, a handful of secondary school teachers, one or two university professors, one or two Nigerian Christian leaders, but never a soldier. This is especially considering the fact that they have the unenviable reputation of harrassing civilians and burning villages whenever miscreants kill or harrass a trooper. What's even more annoying is that this happens in the MB and south.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How An American Shocked Me by CoronaVirusPro: 5:15pm On Mar 25
That’s the peak of patriotism!

My country people celebrate when military men are killed, and even when they announce their wins, Nigerians will say it’s a lie.

Americans have their political and religious divide, but that does not affect their patriotism to their country.

2 Likes

Re: How An American Shocked Me by Killerofpigs: 5:22pm On Mar 25
America works for Americans.

They have Light
They have water
Citizens see their Tax dollars in Action
They enjoy social benefits

In your NIGERIA, you LOVE, life is meaningless and worthless. Most especially when the same politicians who you foolishly support because of tribalism are the architects of your generational poverty and infrastructure decay.

RONU grin

CoronaVirusPro:

My country people celebrate when military men are killed, and even when they announce their wins, Nigerians will say it’s a lie.

Americans have their political and religious divide, but that does not affect their patriotism to their country.

6 Likes

Re: How An American Shocked Me by CoronaVirusPro: 5:27pm On Mar 25
Killerofpigs:

They have Light
They have water

In your NIGERIA, you LOVE, life is meaningless and worthless. Most especially when the same politicians who you foolishly support because of tribalism are the architects of your generational poverty and infrastructure decay.

RONU grin

Not all Americans share or have all you listed. Energy is expensive, and same time, those tax dollar’s are not benefiting all.

Healthcare is expensive, prescription drugs on the high side, Teenager’s being soaked in student debt from a young age when they can barely think constructively, slums are brewing up every day, with dead cities.

They have issues too, but always remain patriotic. Y’all be acting like America is a perfect country.

3 Likes

Re: How An American Shocked Me by jazzman7711: 5:30pm On Mar 25
Killerofpigs:

They have Light
They have water

RONU grin

You’re an ignorant pea brain.

America is a society racing downhill fast, with an annual murder rate of 30,000 - equivalent to 40 Boko Haram groups operating all at once, guns in widespread public use, and a thuggish criminal with 92 felony charges on his head, named Trump, THE FAVOURITE to win the election this November, despite publicly declaring he will be a DICTATOR, TRASH the constitution, and EXECUTE his enemies. He also declared last week that there would be a
“BLOODBATH” if he doesn’t win the election.

And you are here talking about “they have light, they have water…”

Ignorant village dunce.

Smart people in America are buying BUNKERS to hide underground for when their stupid warmongering govt starts it’s nuclear war with Russia and Iran or China, while your village otondo head is salivating over ‘light’ and ‘water’.

Mumu.

1 Like

Re: How An American Shocked Me by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:48pm On Mar 25
... thats because you are trying to compare yeye soldiers in Nigeria mistreating/beating people left right center (for no damn reason) with actual soldiers who went to wars and fought to free/enslave people. sadly the US is the only country where such would happen because these soldiers are viewed as the people who kill terror1sts and saved Vietnamese/Iraqis/Libyans etc while any smart man knows that they certainly didnt go to these countries to free anybody.
Re: How An American Shocked Me by perfectsusanoo(m): 6:08pm On Mar 25
Those in a slum always envy those in G.R.A. The gap is immeasurable.
Re: How An American Shocked Me by CountinBlessins(m): 6:21pm On Mar 25
CoronaVirusPro:

Don't be naive and talk like a toddler. The American army earned the respect it has today. By never getting involved in politics and upholding integrity and the ideals of the military uniform they wear.

Unlike Nigerian soldiers who have allowed themselves to ridiculed by corruption and getting involved with politicians.

Nigerian army has earned the disrespect they enjoy today.

It's like night and day , total opposite. When you grow older you will understand. You are obviously a teenager so relax and don't talk about stuff you don't understand

3 Likes

Re: How An American Shocked Me by CoronaVirusPro: 6:45pm On Mar 25
CountinBlessins:

Don't be naive and talk like a toddler. The American army earned the respect it has today. By never getting involved in politics and upholding integrity and the ideals of the military uniform they wear.

Unlike Nigerian soldiers who have allowed themselves to ridiculed by corruption and getting involved with politicians.

Nigerian army has earned the disrespect they enjoy today.

It's like night and day , total opposite. When you grow older you will understand. You are obviously a teenager so relax and don't talk about stuff you don't understand

How has the US army earned respect that the Nigerian army have not replicated? You are the toddler and wannabe here! Do you know how many successful peace keeping mission we have done without inflicting severe arms on civilians? Can the US army boast of such? Yet they get the support.

You mentioned about US army not being corrupt. Can you tell me how many billions was unaccounted for by the Pentagon? I am sure you not that vast!

Wannabe always trying to defame their country when the morafvckers they even lick their asses don’t give a fly fvck about them!

1 Like

Re: How An American Shocked Me by CountinBlessins(m): 6:46pm On Mar 25
CoronaVirusPro:

How has the US army earned respect that the Nigerian army have not replicated? You are the toddler and wannabe here! Do you know how many successful peace keeping mission we have done without inflicting severe arms on civilians? Can the US army boast of such? Yet they get the support.

You mentioned about US army not being corrupt. Can you tell me how many billions was unaccounted for by the Pentagon? I am sure you not that vast!

Wannabe always trying to defame their country when the morafvckers they even lick their asses don’t give a fly fvck about them!

Stop crying kiddo and go to the games section and play while we adults discuss this here
Re: How An American Shocked Me by CoronaVirusPro: 6:49pm On Mar 25
CountinBlessins:

Stop crying kiddo and go to the games section and play while we adults discuss this here

You a toy soldier hommie! You can’t say what you don’t know. I already floored your ass!’

1 Like

Re: How An American Shocked Me by CountinBlessins(m): 6:53pm On Mar 25
CoronaVirusPro:

You a toy soldier hommie! You can’t say what you don’t know. I already floored your ass!’

What? Smh go and play and stop harassing me I don't want to discuss anything with you..

It's not by force. Go away and play with your mates
Re: How An American Shocked Me by CoronaVirusPro: 6:54pm On Mar 25
CountinBlessins:

What? Smh go and play and stop harassing me I don't want to discuss anything with you..

It's not by force. Go away and play with your mates

I already nailed your coffin! You have nothing else to say!

Keep oinking!

1 Like

Re: How An American Shocked Me by NPFLADMIN(m): 6:58pm On Mar 25
No matter how bad 9ja gets, show love, respect and help build her.

1 Like

Re: How An American Shocked Me by Babbyad: 7:15pm On Mar 25
Respect to all who made their comments on this section. Shows how vast you guy's are. But, must their be insults attached to every comments?
Re: How An American Shocked Me by MMempire(m): 7:16pm On Mar 25
Only happens in a country that works.
Re: How An American Shocked Me by JagabanB: 8:07pm On Mar 25
CoronaVirusPro:

Not all Americans share or have all you listed. Energy is expensive, and same time, those tax dollar’s are not benefiting all.

Healthcare is expensive, prescription drugs on the high side, Teenager’s being soaked in student debt from a young age when they can barely think constructively, slums are brewing up every day, with dead cities.

They have issues too, but always remain patriotic. Y’all be acting like America is a perfect country.
When you see comments like that, just know they are not exposed and most Nigerians don't even pay tax.
Re: How An American Shocked Me by CoronaVirusPro: 8:10pm On Mar 25
JagabanB:

When you see comments like that, just know they are not exposed and most Nigerians don't even pay tax.

Exactly! That’s the patriotism I was talking about earlier.

Nigerians are so quick to attack their very own country. At any available instance, you will find them attack their OWN country.

Especially when you give them a blue or red passport, then you have given them full reason to condemn their country.

Very unpatriotic lots!

1 Like

Re: How An American Shocked Me by JagabanB: 8:16pm On Mar 25
CoronaVirusPro:

Exactly! That’s the patriotism I always talking about earlier.

Nigerians are so quick to attack their very own country. At any available instance, you will find them attack their OWN country.

They specially when you give them a blue or red passport, then you have given them full reason to condemn their country.

Very unpatriotic lots!
But they are expecting patriotic leaders to come from the blue sky.

1 Like

Re: How An American Shocked Me by CoronaVirusPro: 8:18pm On Mar 25
JagabanB:

But they are expecting patriotic leaders to come from the blue sky.

You said it all….

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How An American Shocked Me by papyjaypaul: 8:52pm On Mar 25
You cannot force me to love you. That's what our military is like. Nigeria is still suffering from militocracy because of abuse and bloody civilians trauma. ALL of a sudden, you want them to love soldiers? Those who love them are those whose family have people in NA. NA have made Nigerians fear them, so you cannot all of a sudden, start loving such people.

1 Like

Re: How An American Shocked Me by Killerofpigs: 9:08pm On Mar 25
Worthless and useless hypocrite.

Trump is amongst the best Presidents America has ever had.

It's obvious that CNN and BBC have soaked your brain in foolishness. That is why you can't think for yourself. The BLOODBATH statement from Trump was because of the automotive undustry. He was talking about Mexico flooding america with cheap cars and that it will be a BLOODBATH for the American car industry. Get brain, you losers refuse. In your useless gathering you will obviously make alot of noise but you are very foolish.. spits

jazzman7711:

You’re an ignorant pea brain.

America is a society racing downhill fast, with an annual murder rate of 30,000 - equivalent to 40 Boko Haram groups operating all at once, guns in widespread public use, and a thuggish criminal with 92 felony charges on his head, named Trump, THE FAVOURITE to win the election this November, despite publicly declaring he will be a DICTATOR, TRASH the constitution, and EXECUTE his enemies. He also declared last week that there would be a
“BLOODBATH” if he doesn’t win the election.

And you are here talking about “they have light, they have water…”

Ignorant village dunce.

Smart people in America are buying BUNKERS to hide underground for when their stupid warmongering govt starts it’s nuclear war with Russia and Iran or China, while your village otondo head is salivating over ‘light’ and ‘water’.

Mumu.
Re: How An American Shocked Me by Killerofpigs: 9:10pm On Mar 25
Americans can DIE for America.

Can you DIE for NIGERIA? grin

CoronaVirusPro:

Re: How An American Shocked Me by Houseontherock1: 9:13pm On Mar 25
It's not all about patriotism- they have love and respect for their servicemen because they don't harass, oppress or suppress the civilians; they earned their love because they are truly serving the nation undecided

1 Like

Re: How An American Shocked Me by CoronaVirusPro: 9:17pm On Mar 25
Killerofpigs:
Americans can DIE for America.

Can you DIE for NIGERIA? grin

Why not!

People have died for this country and continent.

The fact that you cannot l, does not mean everyone cannot.

Our patriotism varies.

1 Like

Re: How An American Shocked Me by BondRiv: 9:36pm On Mar 25
Do you know the atrocities some U.S. soldiers have committed? Are all Nigerian soldiers doing what you described? At the end of the day, not every citizen of a country will be patriotic. I also do not support extreme patriotism anywhere in the world.

1 Like

Re: How An American Shocked Me by Killerofpigs: 10:21pm On Mar 25
Lamba cheesy

CoronaVirusPro:

Why not!

People have died for this country and continent.

The fact that you cannot l, does not mean everyone cannot.

Our patriotism varies.
Re: How An American Shocked Me by christejames(m): 10:35pm On Mar 25
That's how Nigeria should have been with her military but the illiterate men there won't allow the force to be wholesomely loved by the people.
Re: How An American Shocked Me by ablejesus26(m): 11:38pm On Mar 25
CoronaVirusPro:

Patriotism to a govt that is the greatest threat to the survival of the common man undecided

You will obviously die in this zombiesm you have chosen as a life cheesy😁😁

Re: How An American Shocked Me by ablejesus26(m): 11:45pm On Mar 25
CoronaVirusPro:

I already nailed your coffin! You have nothing else to say!

Keep oinking!

Shut up jareh, shameless zombiec moroñ.

Patriotism is objective to cause and Agenda.

Why should anyone who claims to be a normal human being be patriotic to a cause that only favors a sect of people.

Take your deranged mind outta Sm and slip into reality overtime, the Nigerian system has only been a curse to the common Nigerian hustling legitimately to make ends meet.

You have a Country where people gathered,beat up and burnt a Young lady just bcus she was accused of insulting a dead prophet yet the govt of the day fold her arms and treated the matter with kids glove.

Shameless You. Zombiesm is not patriotism.
Re: How An American Shocked Me by CoronaVirusPro: 12:06am On Mar 26
ablejesus26:

Shut up jareh, shameless zombiec moroñ.

Patriotism is objective to cause and Agenda.

Why should anyone who claims to be a normal human being be patriotic to a cause that only favors a sect of people.

Take your deranged mind outta Sm and slip into reality overtime, the Nigerian system has only been a curse to the common Nigerian hustling legitimately to make ends meet.

You have a Country where people gathered,beat up and burnt a Young lady just bcus she was accused of insulting a dead prophet yet the govt of the day fold her arms and treated the matter with kids glove.

Shameless You. Zombiesm is not patriotism.

Lengthy gibberish!

Always making flimsy excuses to be unpatriotic!

Was it the military men that burnt the lady, or we don’t have different tribes that make up the NAF

I know your type! You always happy to condemn and NEVER celebrate.
Re: How An American Shocked Me by Ofodirinwa: 12:20am On Mar 26
Comparing sky and earth.

In Nigeria, the military only kills Nigerians.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Current Exchange Rate on Bitnob App / 2006 Census And True Federalism / The Begining Of The End For Hostage Takers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.