Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,546 members, 7,812,718 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:58 PM

Soludo's Newly Laid Sub-standard Road In Onitsha Is Washed Away by first rain. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo's Newly Laid Sub-standard Road In Onitsha Is Washed Away by first rain. (3649 Views)

Onitsha Is The Dirty Capital Of The World - Asari Dokubo (Video) / Criticism Trails Soludo's Newly Constructed Road / Zik Statue At DMGS Roundabout Onitsha Is On Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soludo's Newly Laid Sub-standard Road In Onitsha Is Washed Away by first rain. by missjekyll: 8:37am On Mar 26
1 term governor. Its him and us.
Re: Soludo's Newly Laid Sub-standard Road In Onitsha Is Washed Away by first rain. by Anambra1stSonTV: 8:38am On Mar 26
Trollronaldo:
No one is doing silly dick measurement with you.

Go and tell Soludo to contract good contractors
Open thread since Otti is best after honey let compare both, I understand you guys from Abia have been in bondage for decades, when you now see Julius beger, Graneburg you assume others are sleeping you forgot that those companies have done one or two projects in Anambra state, Gov Soludo is delivering more projects in Anambra without borrowing, I hope you have seen states that borrowed from CBN to pay salary , Hypocrisy minds like you swept it under carpet, imagine if it was Soludo you guys would have blow it out of proportion

1 Like

Re: Soludo's Newly Laid Sub-standard Road In Onitsha Is Washed Away by first rain. by Iziquiel(m): 8:38am On Mar 26
rinzaugustine:
You are probably a youngster in his 20s that doesnโ€™t know much of Peter Obiโ€™s tenure as governor except them say, dem say and all the negative calumny being thrown at him, because if you know you wouldnโ€™t even be comparing him with dave umahi

I had to log in after reading your comment. @the bolded tells you were problaby born in the 2000s for you to say what you said. Heaven won't forgive you for comparing Obi to Umahi.

How you guys turned Obi from one of the worst Governors from the SE to the next best thing after bread and butter is still a surprise to me.

I remember all the roads from Unzik Junction down to Commissioners Quarters washing off after few months of construction by the Obi Govt. Let me not talk about the roads constructed in Awkuzu, Odumodu, Nteje, Nando and downwards that didn't last up to six months after they were constructed.

It was Obiano that reconstructed those roads when he came on board and they were still standing before I left Anambra in 2019.

According to you guys Obi performed excellently well yet people from other States did not know anything about him until the whitewashing began , yet they knew about Donald Duke, Tinubu, Fashola, Ameachi, Ibori, Kwankwaso et al.

2 Likes

Re: Soludo's Newly Laid Sub-standard Road In Onitsha Is Washed Away by first rain. by Mindlog: 8:39am On Mar 26
Anambra1stSonTV:

You guys are small to handle, just mark it that Gov Soludo will clear all the 21 local governments in Anambra, I bet you to open thread let us compare Otti and Soludo base on their projects you go run

This is not about being small or big, this is a clear case of failure under a government Soludo is leading.

Where systems works, there must be an investigation and outcome published to reflect :

-The bidding process for the road project
-The track record of the construction firm it was awarded to, that built the substandard road
-The consultants and officials from the state's ministry of works who supervised the project and gave the approval that it was well constructed and value for money.
Re: Soludo's Newly Laid Sub-standard Road In Onitsha Is Washed Away by first rain. by Anambra1stSonTV: 8:43am On Mar 26
Mindlog:

This is not about being small or big, this is a clear case of failure under a government Soludo is leading.

Where systems works, there must be an investigation and outcome published to reflect :

-The bidding process for the road project
-The track record of the construction firm it was awarded to, that built the substandard road
-The consultants and officials from the state's ministry of works who supervised the project and gave the approval that it was well constructed and value for money.
That section asphalt was done yesterday, before it started raining yesterday, go and make inquiry there, the portion that failed is where they laid asphalt, show me the ones completed and Commissioned by Gov Soludo that failed not Ongoing project
Re: Soludo's Newly Laid Sub-standard Road In Onitsha Is Washed Away by first rain. by Trollronaldo: 8:45am On Mar 26
Anambra1stSonTV:

Open thread since Otti is best after honey let compare both, I understand you guys from Abia have been in bondage for decades, when you now see Julius beger, Graneburg you assume others are sleeping you forgot that those companies have done one or two projects in Anambra state, Gov Soludo is delivering more projects in Anambra without borrowing, I hope you have seen states that borrowed from CBN to pay salary , Hypocrisy minds like you swept it under carpet, imagine if it was Soludo you guys would have blow it out of proportion
it's not graneburg, it's craneburg ๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Soludo's Newly Laid Sub-standard Road In Onitsha Is Washed Away by first rain. by Anambra1stSonTV: 8:45am On Mar 26
Trollronaldo:

Whatever they are not new to us except you guys
Re: Soludo's Newly Laid Sub-standard Road In Onitsha Is Washed Away by first rain. by Anambra1stSonTV: 8:48am On Mar 26
Trollronaldo:

How do you explain this, Diamond bank experience is a child's play to debt Otti will placed on you guys I just pity the next governor after him

Re: Soludo's Newly Laid Sub-standard Road In Onitsha Is Washed Away by first rain. by Trollronaldo: 8:53am On Mar 26
Anambra1stSonTV:

Whatever they are not new to us except you guys
lol, Soludo roads washed away my sins ๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Soludo's Newly Laid Sub-standard Road In Onitsha Is Washed Away by first rain. by Trollronaldo: 8:54am On Mar 26
Anambra1stSonTV:

How do you explain this, Diamond bank experience is a child's play to debt Otti will placed on you guys I just pity the next governor after him
Oga, what has this got to do with the washed away road Soludo built?
Re: Soludo's Newly Laid Sub-standard Road In Onitsha Is Washed Away by first rain. by Anambra1stSonTV: 8:58am On Mar 26
Trollronaldo:
Oga, what does this has to do with the washed away road Soludo built?
Abia is broke focus on your poor state we aren't in the same level, Abia don't have money to pay civil servants, you borrow to execute projects, you guys are sinking in debt, you should worry about that not Anambra
Re: Soludo's Newly Laid Sub-standard Road In Onitsha Is Washed Away by first rain. by Anambra1stSonTV: 9:01am On Mar 26
Trollronaldo:

Craneburg isn't new to us same as JB

Re: Soludo's Newly Laid Sub-standard Road In Onitsha Is Washed Away by first rain. by wirinet(m): 9:05am On Mar 26
Anambra1stSonTV:

Obidient without common sense

The Ochanja - Iweka Road is currently under construction, and the asphalt was laid yesterday.

The failed portion was due to "non-cure/stability" before the today's rain started. It happened on Niger Street drainage last year during construction when flood washed away a drainage that hasn't lasted upto 12 hours it was constructed.

No shaking, the contractor will refix the failed portion and possibly, hasten up the entire job.

That is one bad thing about construction during the rainy season. You must do everything possible to avoid rain by closing up, else, all your job for that day will be washed off immediately it rained. Else, you have money to spend

Soludo's ongoing road infrastructure across the state is durable, solid and never-seen-before.

I understand why some bitter critics are wailing up and down. They haven't seen any space to "crawl" on.

Let's allow them to JUBILATE tonight, even though they came LATE.
Untenable excuse. You think the people you are talking to are illiterates. Many here are civil engineers, architects and builders. This road was poorly designed and poorly executed with substandard materials for that matter. From the video we could see that the drainage system was poorly designed, the road was carrying more water than the drains itself. The depth of the surface finish/tar was very thin. Also from the look of things, it seems the was little or no concrete employed in the structural part of the road. There was little or no cement or granite seen. The substrate that was supposed to support the road nko? No gravel is also seen there. It seems the contractor just compacted the laterite surface, laid in some sand mixed with little cement and covered it with a thin layer of tar.
Let's even see the road design and cost to know the specifications.

1 Like

Re: Soludo's Newly Laid Sub-standard Road In Onitsha Is Washed Away by first rain. by Trollronaldo: 9:15am On Mar 26
Anambra1stSonTV:

Craneburg isn't new to us same as JB
No one said it is, Soludo is not using them ๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Soludo's Newly Laid Sub-standard Road In Onitsha Is Washed Away by first rain. by Anambra1stSonTV: 9:18am On Mar 26
wirinet:

Untenable excuse. You think the people you are talking to are illiterates. Many here are civil engineers, architects and builders. This road was poorly designed and poorly executed with substandard materials for that matter. From the video we could see that the drainage system was poorly designed, the road was carrying more water than the drains itself. The depth of the surface finish/tar was very thin. Also from the look of things, it seems the was little or no concrete employed in the structural part of the road. There was little or no cement or granite seen. The substrate that was supposed to support the road nko? No gravel is also seen there. It seems the contractor just compacted the laterite surface, laid in some sand mixed with little cement and covered it with a thin layer of tar.
Let's even see the road design and cost to know the specifications.
That section that failed was asphalted yesterday prove me wrong if the road has been completed I'm waiting
Re: Soludo's Newly Laid Sub-standard Road In Onitsha Is Washed Away by first rain. by Anambra1stSonTV: 9:21am On Mar 26
Trollronaldo:
Same Otti is using the same Constructing company Soludo is using, why given JB only 6.7km to construct, he should have handed over to them all the roads, just Wike did in Rivers

1 Like

Re: Soludo's Newly Laid Sub-standard Road In Onitsha Is Washed Away by first rain. by ImmaculateJOE(m): 9:23am On Mar 26
worksmart:
Peter Obi is not my choice for president although I cannot imagine he can perform any worse than the unfolding disaster that is Bola Tinubu. I can never support Obi because he performed poorly when he was governor for 8 years in Anambra. We should be looking to make current Minister of Works Sen. Engr. Nweze D. Umahi the new president.
When it comes to Health and Education, Peter Obi was a top performer in Anambra State.

he probably didn't live up to expectations when it comes to road construction, but he did marvelously well in many other sector.

Almost every of the 179 communities received primary health care centre.

Our Primary and Secondary education became the best in the country, thanks to his reforms.

Corruption was at an all time low under him.

There are many reasons why we gave our all for Obi.
Re: Soludo's Newly Laid Sub-standard Road In Onitsha Is Washed Away by first rain. by Anambra1stSonTV: 9:27am On Mar 26
Trollronaldo:
Same GELD construction company is handling major roads projects in Anambra, why is Otti using them, he has realised how expensive JB is now switched

GELD is a reputable company owned by Israeli civil engineers, that managed RCC for decades, same company is handling most projects in Anambra state

1 Like

Re: Soludo's Newly Laid Sub-standard Road In Onitsha Is Washed Away by first rain. by Trollronaldo: 9:31am On Mar 26
Anambra1stSonTV:

Same GELD construction company is handling major roads projects in Anambra, why is Otti using them, he has realised how expensive JB is now switched

GELD is a reputable company owned by Israeli civil engineers, that managed RCC for decades, same company is handling most projects in Anambra state
So why are some of the roads washing away?
Re: Soludo's Newly Laid Sub-standard Road In Onitsha Is Washed Away by first rain. by Trollronaldo: 9:32am On Mar 26
Anambra1stSonTV:

Same Otti is using the same Constructing company Soludo is using, why given JB only 6.7km to construct, he should have handed over to them all the roads, just Wike did in Rivers
The bottomline remains that Soludo roads are poor
Re: Soludo's Newly Laid Sub-standard Road In Onitsha Is Washed Away by first rain. by Anambra1stSonTV: 9:36am On Mar 26
Trollronaldo:
So why are some of the roads washing away?
Why is Abia borrowing money to pay civil servants grin

1 Like

Re: Soludo's Newly Laid Sub-standard Road In Onitsha Is Washed Away by first rain. by Trollronaldo: 9:38am On Mar 26
Anambra1stSonTV:

Why is Abia borrowing money to pay civil servants grin
We don't have money, we are poor.

So how does that stop Soludo roads from washing away?
Re: Soludo's Newly Laid Sub-standard Road In Onitsha Is Washed Away by first rain. by wirinet(m): 9:42am On Mar 26
Anambra1stSonTV:

That section that failed was asphalted yesterday prove me wrong if the road has been completed I'm waiting
It was because the section of the road was asphalted yesterday that made the drainage system to fail? It was the road that was carrying more rainwater than the drains. Go to North and see how road drainage are supposed to be designed and built. With the poorly designed drainage, the road will fail before the end of just one rainy season.

Was it because the road was asphalted yesterday that I could not sight just one granite, either in the asphalt itself or in the road substructure and superstructure?
The rain falling after the road was freshly laid was a blessing, it exposed the shoddy job being carried out by the contractor.

2 Likes

Re: Soludo's Newly Laid Sub-standard Road In Onitsha Is Washed Away by first rain. by Kaiser20: 9:49am On Mar 26
worksmart:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0xsDjs5ZAo

This is the only he has completed in his 2 years as governor.

Soludo is talkative and nothing more!
Soludo is nothing but a comedian

1 Like

Re: Soludo's Newly Laid Sub-standard Road In Onitsha Is Washed Away by first rain. by Anambra1stSonTV: 9:55am On Mar 26
wirinet:

It was because the section of the road was asphalted yesterday that made the drainage system to fail? It was the road that was carrying more rainwater than the drains. Go to North and see how road drainage are supposed to be designed and built. With the poorly designed drainage, the road will fail before the end of just one rainy season.

Was it because the road was asphalted yesterday that I could not sight just one granite, either in the asphalt itself or in the road substructure and superstructure?
The rain falling after the road was freshly laid was a blessing, it exposed the shoddy job being carried out by the contractor.
From the picture you show it was written new commissioned Iweka road please I want you to show me when and date Soludo Commissioned the road
Re: Soludo's Newly Laid Sub-standard Road In Onitsha Is Washed Away by first rain. by Anambra1stSonTV: 10:02am On Mar 26
wirinet:

Watch this video I visited that road 7 days ago, please screenshot the road and show me how the road has been completed and Commissioned since you guys enjoy propaganda, the section that failed was the portion that they asphalted yesterday watch the video you will notice they were doing stone base 7 days ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi5_bqbQIg8?si=9cjLVzdJEBa83pRw
Re: Soludo's Newly Laid Sub-standard Road In Onitsha Is Washed Away by first rain. by Anambra1stSonTV: 10:14am On Mar 26
worksmart:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0xsDjs5ZAo

This is the only he has completed in his 2 years as governor.

Soludo is talkative and nothing more!

Please watch the state of Iweka road today grin Ndi uchu
https://www.facebook.com/share/v/pPgYKsAnLdSwCNwr/?mibextid=oFDknk
Re: Soludo's Newly Laid Sub-standard Road In Onitsha Is Washed Away by first rain. by ClearFlair: 10:15am On Mar 26
rinzaugustine:
Those are the only kind of people you find criticizing Peter Obiโ€ฆrogues and criminals but never honest Nigerians

This is the truth

1 Like

Re: Soludo's Newly Laid Sub-standard Road In Onitsha Is Washed Away by first rain. by Anambra1stSonTV: 10:22am On Mar 26
Trollronaldo:

Watch today's video of Ochanja

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/7xmYCRw4DDE299fz/?mibextid=oFDknk
Re: Soludo's Newly Laid Sub-standard Road In Onitsha Is Washed Away by first rain. by Stone03: 10:47am On Mar 26
worksmart:
Peter Obi is not my choice for president although I cannot imagine he can perform any worse than the unfolding disaster that is Bola Tinubu. I can never support Obi because he performed poorly when he was governor for 8 years in Anambra. We should be looking to make current Minister of Works Sen. Engr. Nweze D. Umahi the new president.

You must be a fulani man
Re: Soludo's Newly Laid Sub-standard Road In Onitsha Is Washed Away by first rain. by Trollronaldo: 10:47am On Mar 26

Re: Soludo's Newly Laid Sub-standard Road In Onitsha Is Washed Away by first rain. by jaszplus12(m): 10:59am On Mar 26
worksmart:
I support you on this. Umahi for president! Tough as nails!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osama Bin Ladin Is Not Dead(says Son) / IBB Never Recanted His Earlier Statement About OBJ / Interesting Ghanaian Thoughts About Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.