Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,927 members, 7,810,565 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) (35703 Views)

Bridge Collapses With Officials On It While Being Commissioned In South Africa / Pedestrian Bridge Collapses Onto Washington DC Highway, Injuring Several People / The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by GanagiBitrus: 9:25am On Mar 26
Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by Emusan(m): 9:26am On Mar 26
cardoctor:
Was the Captain drunk?

No! The wave can take the control of the ship away from the captain.

4 Likes

Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by jetguy(m): 9:27am On Mar 26
That's a newsworthy... I hope captain Jack did not sustain injury πŸ˜•
Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by emapeteum(m): 9:29am On Mar 26
The captain maybe an Islamist from the middle east or a Pakistani
Lesson to learn from the West:don't ever implement laws that your enemies whom you are helping will use it against you. Dont ever reject your heritage
Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by leisuretym: 9:29am On Mar 26
DenreleDave:
How did the ship knowing wanted to pass tru a bridge dt is too low for it.

WriterNg Oya come and do ur usual thing of hating the US grin grin

Nairalanders, pls avoid this this troll.. He is the same person using different moniker

(Prigidypogodo Xosh leisuretym Alhajicso bukkiexchange01). What they do is to blackmail you with no evidence

Seun please investigate this guy claim and ban me if he's right, but if he's wrong help me to ban him so I can enjoy nairaland with peace of mind, he keep spamming every thread with my name, saying I'm who I'm not

4 Likes

Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by NuclearWinter: 9:30am On Mar 26
Localemperor:
you don't "pilot" ship rather you "sail" Ship.

You pilot a motorized boat or ship.

Sailing is meant for sail boats.

Sail boats are not the same thing as motorised boats or ships.

That's like comparing a hand glider to a fighter jet.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by LagosG: 9:30am On Mar 26
Localemperor:
Actually, you do. The captain sails the vessel to territorial waters, then a pilot employed by the government pilots the vessel to dock or berth.

2 Likes

Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by IPG25(m): 9:31am On Mar 26
It's well, problem is here and there
Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by madridguy(m): 9:31am On Mar 26
Mossad doing cheesy
Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by PeterObi001: 9:31am On Mar 26
Has ship 🚒 not been passing their before how comes this one gat to hit the bridge

1 Like

Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by iramure(m): 9:32am On Mar 26
If it was here in Nigeria it happened, one, presidential candidate would have gone to twitter to politicise it and blame Tinubu for not driving the ship well.

3 Likes

Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by sukkot: 9:33am On Mar 26
Localemperor:
actually you navigate a ship, you don’t sail a ship, you sail a boat πŸ‘€

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by NuclearWinter: 9:34am On Mar 26
LagosG:

Actually, you do. The captain sails the vessel to territorial waters, then a pilot employed by the government pilots the vessel to dock or berth.

Sailing is used when controlling a sail boat that depends on wind currents to propel and steer the vessel.

Motorized boats or ships are piloted and not sailed.

2 Likes

Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by oluwaseyi0: 9:35am On Mar 26
NuclearWinter:
I can bet my left ball that that ship was being piloted by a woman.

You will just loose your left ball for nothing

1 Like

Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by mastermaestro(m): 9:35am On Mar 26
rumu3485:
SCAMerica undecided

Acting like the typical wretched fellow who gloats at the slightest misfortune of his rich neighbour. Heal quickly bro. sad

1 Like

Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by NuclearWinter: 9:37am On Mar 26
oluwaseyi0:

You will just loose your left ball for nothing

101 on how to read Modern day US PRAVDA

When the names and race of a critical individual in the heart of a scandal or crime is omitted, know it's either a minority , female , LGBTQ or an illegal migrant.
Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by Justicemy8(m): 9:37am On Mar 26
normally if a bridge is hit by a ship it collapse nah,, whys it making headline??
Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by DenreleDave(m): 9:37am On Mar 26
leisuretym:

Sun please investigate this guy claim and ban me if he's right, but if he's wrong help me to ban him so I can enjoy nairaland with peace of mind, he keep spamming every thread with my name, saying I'm who I'm not

Cry baby. Why troll & blackmail me when u can't accept the outcome grin grin grin
Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by Stevechigo: 9:37am On Mar 26
Titanic part 2 loading ..IAM sure Jack n his babe are on that vessel..I can hear the captain playing Celine Dion music grin grin
Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by blowjohn(m): 9:39am On Mar 26
They say, "The bridge is over, the bridge is over"
Nah, this is a time we destroy and rebuild it
They say, "The bridge is over, the bridge is over"
Nah, we're the strongest hood but weak niggas kill it

Nas
Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by zegeijuwa: 9:40am On Mar 26
Listen very well, was anyone aboard the ship shouting any sentences while hitting the bridge? tongue
Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by id911(m): 9:41am On Mar 26
Iamicekid:
U do better In the reconstruction the height between the bridge and the ocean/river must be x2 of the previous one

The ship hit the column as clearly written in the article but u still dey talk about height. Go school, you no gree go 😁😁

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by Dundalk(m): 9:41am On Mar 26
DenreleDave:

Cry baby. Why troll & blackmail me when u can't accept the outcome grin grin grin
if tunde banned you guys now you go talk he's very wicked..

angry
Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by naptu2: 9:42am On Mar 26
Justicemy8:
normally if a bridge is hit by a ship it collapse nah,, whys it making headline??

Because ships hit bridges every day and they collapse every day. It is the norm.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by Kenmatt(m): 9:42am On Mar 26
E come dey be lyke say na to chill for Naija sure pass.

Bad news don too much for Yank.
Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by humberjade: 9:44am On Mar 26
Hmm...I will be surprised if there aren't at least 5 or more casualties from that collapse. Thank God it didn't happen during the rush hour, otherwise, the numbers would def top 100 in that case. Those driving on the bridge had almost zero reaction time, the bridge broke into pieces and fell straight into the river on impact. Except your car door windows are already down, escaping from a drowning car with electric windows is an uphill task.
Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by RichDaniels: 9:47am On Mar 26
Iamicekid:
U do better In the reconstruction the height between the bridge and the ocean/river must be x2 of the previous one

Before you start doing over-sabi, at least watch the video first. The shop hit the pillar of the bridge, so it's not a question of height again.

1 Like

Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by ubimagos: 9:59am On Mar 26
Tinubu!
Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by mamawa123: 9:59am On Mar 26
Iamicekid:

The height clearance was good. The ship collided with one of the pillars that supported the bridge.

1 Like

Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by Hanndye: 9:59am On Mar 26
Iamicekid:
Obviously you haven't watch the video. It wasn't the beam that was hit but one of the columns or, if you like, pillars
Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by drimzsmoke(m): 10:00am On Mar 26
zoghys:

Your ball is gone

🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣
....gone forever!!!🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

1 Like

Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by hotseat: 10:00am On Mar 26
From the video clip, it's evident that the captain either lost control of the vessel due to a mechanical failure or he wasn't mentally stable.

He had more than enough space to sail through but, like a terrorist, he decided to go down with as many people as possible.

Chai!

A forensic investigation into this avoidable horror will unravel the true state of mind of the captain.

@hotseat

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Beji Caid Essebsi Is Dead! Tunisian President Dies Aged 92 / Russia Retaliates To Obama's Sanctions, CNN Reports / "He Is Better For Us, has More Experience" - Putin Picks Biden Ahead Of Trump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.