Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,887 members, 7,810,414 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) (35701 Views)

Bridge Collapses With Officials On It While Being Commissioned In South Africa / Pedestrian Bridge Collapses Onto Washington DC Highway, Injuring Several People / The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by AfDapone: 10:00am On Mar 26
This one looks like a sabotage. It looks like they redirected the ship to hit the column. Could the ship be highjacked for executing such purpose?
Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by NuclearWinter: 10:00am On Mar 26
Emusan:

No! The wave can take the control of the ship away from the captain.

You meant to say current and not wave.
Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by toyen4ever: 10:01am On Mar 26
Localemperor:
you don't "pilot" ship rather you "sail" Ship.

Leave am, he don lose him ball already
Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by mamawa123: 10:02am On Mar 26
humberjade:
Hmm...I will be surprised if there aren't at least 5 or more casualties from that collapse. Thank God it didn't happen during the rush hour, otherwise, the numbers would def top 100 in that case. Those driving on the bridge had almost zero reaction time, the bridge broke into pieces and fell straight into the river on impact. Except your car door windows are already down, escaping from a drowning car with electric windows is an uphill task.

According to yahoo.com, they are still searching for seven people who are in the river.
Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by dinkyicon: 10:07am On Mar 26
Pathokpo:
It's not the fact that the bridge collapsed that is the problem. It's the swiftness of the reaction to the accident that lies the problem. Accidents are bent to happen but, it is the mechanism put in place too minimize the effect of such accidents that's important. If it were to be in a country in Africa it would have been a case of OYO for the next 24 hours after the required agency had waited for files to be submitted to the oga at the top.
it doesn't happen in lagos
Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by Ever8090: 10:09am On Mar 26
They should investigate very well I am sure it will turn out that, the sailor might be one of those Mohamed followers who are bent on making the world hell for everyone including their own people all in the name of fighting to defend Allah
Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by PepeXKermit: 10:12am On Mar 26
NuclearWinter:
I can bet my left ball that that ship was being piloted by a woman.

lmao. i cannot agree less.

1 Like

Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by AroundYou: 10:13am On Mar 26
Iamicekid:
U do better In the reconstruction the height between the bridge and the ocean/river must be x2 of the previous one

Hit a column, got nothing to do with the height.
Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by itsene: 10:13am On Mar 26
NuclearWinter:
Add your right ball before I place my bet.
The stakes are not high enough.
Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by Mccullum: 10:13am On Mar 26
The construction of the bridge does not look like full concrete bridge,

observing from flexibility of its collapsed, it seems that bridge constructed

with much of unsophisticated materials. there's no where on earth, one

can not find imperfection on things made by human beings.
Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by Emmabyte: 10:14am On Mar 26
Private ship
Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by NuclearWinter: 10:14am On Mar 26
itsene:

Add your right ball before I place my bet.
The stakes are not high enough.

You want me ball-less
Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by 99thEnemy(m): 10:15am On Mar 26
WriterNg come an see a sailing Pallbearer grin
Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by Pootle: 10:19am On Mar 26
Localemperor:
you don't "pilot" ship rather you "sail" Ship.

prof grin
Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by Tealcrestmedia(m): 10:24am On Mar 26
The captain didn't check his clearances well?
Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by rumu3485: 10:24am On Mar 26
Your mama nyash
mastermaestro:

Acting like the typical wretched fellow who gloats at the slightest misfortune of his rich neighbour. Heal quickly bro. sad
Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by rumu3485: 10:25am On Mar 26
Your mama nyash

Gbadebo19:

Idiot. The entire thing will be remedied in a maximum of 2 months. If it were to be your Tinubulation piloted Nigeria, 20 years and you still on it. Yet, America is your problem.
Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by IPIGSRSHALLOW: 10:29am On Mar 26
Pathokpo:
It's not the fact that the bridge collapsed that is the problem. It's the swiftness of the reaction to the accident that lies the problem. Accidents are bent to happen but, it is the mechanism put in place too minimize the effect of such accidents that's important. If it were to be in a country in Africa it would have been a case of OYO for the next 24 hours after the required agency had waited for files to be submitted to the oga at the top.
Stop posting rubbish. That's totally incorrect.
First not everything is on time in the US and not everything is not on time in Africa and Nigeria.
There have been accidents in Nigeria where there have been prompt responses.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by Emusan(m): 10:35am On Mar 26
NuclearWinter:

You meant to say current and not wave.

Mr I Too Know, it's Wave and not current.
Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by NuclearWinter: 10:37am On Mar 26
Emusan:

Mr I Too Know, it's Wave and not current.

Current is what ships battle with when being piloted into or out of a harbor.
Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by Sijo01(f): 10:41am On Mar 26
Wow, thank God no vehicle was on the bridge at the moment.

Watching the video over and over again. Something is not right. Why aim at the bridge support? could it be that the ship was hijacked by terrorist undecided
Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by otherway: 10:51am On Mar 26
I watched with so much fear that a car wil be moving on the bridge at the time of collision but thank goodness none was on the bridge at the time it collapsed.

God is great.
Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by themanderon: 11:03am On Mar 26
Iamicekid:
U do better In the reconstruction the height between the bridge and the ocean/river must be x2 of the previous one

Did you watch the video? The ship for whatever reason left where it was supposed to pass through and rammed into the column supporting the bridge distorting it's balance and stability and everything came crashing down.
Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by naptu2: 11:04am On Mar 26
Sijo01:
Wow, thank God no vehicle was on the bridge at the moment.

Watching the video over and over again. Something is not right. Why aim at the bridge support? could it be that the ship was hijacked by terrorist undecided

There's something that I noticed, but not many people are talking about it. If you watch the video again, you'll see that the lights on the ship went off sometime before it hit the bridge and then later, just before it hit, a few of the lights came back on.

It could be that the ship had a mechanical problem that made it impossible to steer it away from the pillar.
Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by handsomeyinka(m): 11:18am On Mar 26
Insurance go cover am but this has big time loss.

Insurance go explain tire that they don't cover bridge damage.

Insurance here is a scam.
Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 11:25am On Mar 26
NuclearWinter:
pilot 💀 ship👽? How
Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by IPIGSRSHALLOW: 11:32am On Mar 26
Ever8090:
They should investigate very well I am sure it will turn out that, the sailor might be one of those Mohamed followers who are bent on making the world hell for everyone including their own people all in the name of fighting to defend Allah

Try to borrow or buy some sense. They are on sale now in Lagos.
Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by Obierika(m): 11:35am On Mar 26
Zxcvbnmghtr:
grin grin grin In SANER CLIMES this can't be possible. grin cheesy cheesy cheesy hahaha

I agree grin
Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by winner37(m): 11:35am On Mar 26
NuclearWinter:

I would bet that the woman was under the influence of orgasm since she was on duty she couldn't have that leisure time to do the needful her memory and consciousness lost ..
Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by Neoteny(m): 11:37am On Mar 26
Martinsmine:
Some people here are just in niraland to comment rubbish... they don't have d facility or cash or their host countries are very poor

Idiot online:

"I can't complain about my neighbor's rickety old noisy car because i don't have one. I'm not therefore entitled to any opinions about cars until i buy one"

You people make some very stupid comments
Re: Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) by Neddyogu(m): 11:52am On Mar 26
What's a ship doing on a river?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Beji Caid Essebsi Is Dead! Tunisian President Dies Aged 92 / Russia Retaliates To Obama's Sanctions, CNN Reports / "He Is Better For Us, has More Experience" - Putin Picks Biden Ahead Of Trump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.