Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,501 members, 7,812,548 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) (42573 Views)

I Just Killed This Snake In My Room. / The Snake I Killed In My Room / The Snake I Killed In My Room In Enugu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by ppogba: 11:44am On Mar 26
babajero:
That means you are not born and brought up in Nigeria or you just want form.

Which yeye form?
Which yeye not born or brought up in Nigeria?

The thread don expose am. Short and simple.
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by ddippset(m): 11:45am On Mar 26
OboOlora:
cheesy
Nigerians and turning brands to generic names

To them...:

Every noodles is indomie
Every detergent is Omo
Every toothpaste is Macleans
Every SUV is Jeep
Every hair is Brazilian
Every pen is Biro

Add yours grin
Every spaghetti is macaroni.
Every pen is biro.
Every beverage is bournvita.
Every seasoner is maggi.
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by ppogba: 11:46am On Mar 26
iswallker:

So to you macleans is more popular than close up...

Who born close up where MacLean dey talk in terms of age?
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by ppogba: 11:46am On Mar 26
99thEnemy:

90’s

Macleans was the standard

you fa?

70s and 80s in actual fact.
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by Wawelexy(m): 11:53am On Mar 26
free2ryhme:

mortein is recent to the Nigerian market.

this must be from a foreign country

You wrong bro, mortein have been here since way back. Just that raid, baygon, Rambo etc are more popular cos they are cheaper
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by freemi(m): 11:57am On Mar 26
Arobaga:
I never hear “Go and flit my room” shaa

Don’t call me Gen-Z I be old man
so non of ur parents asked u to go n flit their room
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by Beremx(f): 12:08pm On Mar 26
OboOlora:
cheesy

To them...:

Every noodles is indomie
Every detergent is Omo
Every SUV is Jeep
Every hair is Brazilian
Every pen is Biro

Add yours grin
every washing bar soap is canoe.
Every sachet tomato paste is called tin tomato
Every seasoning cube is Maggie.
Every sausage roll is gala
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by armadeo(m): 12:09pm On Mar 26
Adewale1603:
Lot and lots of useless post, news and old stuffs, that's why we're still backwards and not developing and progressing. See where we are compared to other countries in the world

It's called throwback. Those who have enjoyed the thread enjoyed it. You could have waka pass.

School no hard na you dey find first class.

1 Like

Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by shotuns: 12:09pm On Mar 26
Oldies are the goodies. Gone are the days when life was so simple and meaningful. Go and flit my room, mosquito chop shege body then.
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by 99thEnemy(m): 12:11pm On Mar 26
ppogba:

70s and 80s in actual fact.
ok. You na Senior Man.

During the 90’s where I am from, Macleans was considered the holy grail of toothpaste. Closeup was common amongst household because it was more affordable but it was called Macleans just like every detergent was called OMO.

might be different in other parts of Nigeria though.
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by ladyjblinks(f): 12:11pm On Mar 26
OboOlora:
cheesy

To them...:

Every noodles is indomie
Every detergent is Omo
Every SUV is Jeep
Every hair is Brazilian
Every pen is Biro

Add yours grin
na only the pen own I de guilty of 😀😀
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by samnaija: 12:12pm On Mar 26
OboOlora:
cheesy

To them...:

Every noodles is indomie
Every detergent is Omo
Every SUV is Jeep
Every hair is Brazilian
Every pen is Biro

Add yours grin

Very true
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by YOUNGELDER1(m): 12:13pm On Mar 26
OboOlora:
cheesy

To them...:

Every noodles is indomie
Every detergent is Omo
Every SUV is Jeep
Every hair is Brazilian
Every pen is Biro

Add yours grin

Beverages - Milo
Spices - Maggie
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by Obierika(m): 12:14pm On Mar 26
OboOlora:
cheesy

To them...:

Every noodles is indomie
Every detergent is Omo
Every SUV is Jeep
Every hair is Brazilian
Every pen is Biro

Add yours grin

Every MSG cube is Maggi grin
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by achimendy(m): 12:17pm On Mar 26
OboOlora:
cheesy

To them...:

Every noodles is indomie
Every detergent is Omo
Every SUV is Jeep
Every hair is Brazilian
Every pen is Biro

Add yours grin

Every cube is maggi
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by Switruth: 12:21pm On Mar 26
airsaylongcome:

Portmanteau not potomanto
I looked for the spelling I no see. No vex. 😂😂😂. But you got the message
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by Demurray: 12:22pm On Mar 26
OboOlora:
cheesy

To them...:

Every noodles is indomie
Every detergent is Omo
Every SUV is Jeep
Every hair is Brazilian
Every lady with curvy backside na Olosho
I stand to be corrected sha
Every pen is Biro

Add yours grin
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by free2ryhme: 12:22pm On Mar 26
Wawelexy:

You wrong bro, mortein have been here since way back. Just that raid, baygon, Rambo etc are more popular cos they are cheaper

make we hear word.

Mortein in not up to 25 years in the Nigerian market

1 Like

Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by UnknownQueen(f): 12:24pm On Mar 26
sanya4good:

Every seasoning is Maggie

Every soft drink is minerals grin
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by 99thEnemy(m): 12:26pm On Mar 26
UnknownQueen:

Every soft drink is minerals grin
Eggzactly grin

1 Like

Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by MirrorofChrist: 12:27pm On Mar 26
OboOlora:
cheesy

To them...:

Every noodles is indomie
Every detergent is Omo
Every SUV is Jeep
Every hair is Brazilian
Every pen is Biro

Add yours grin

Every soft drink is mineral
Every juice is tea
Every storied building is upstair
Everyone in military suit is Ọlọpa
Every rope is wire😂
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by Switruth: 12:28pm On Mar 26
Alfabest07:
you don cast yourself say you na Gen Z, when do you think mosquito coil came to exist ?
Oh you don’t know that mosquito coil is called mosquito incense? I be old man oooo. What do you use to kill mosquito if you can’t afford the flit? Or you no know say mosquito na ur senior? You clean yansh with elizabeth leaf? You drink garri with burnt kernel? You eat revived soured soup( soup wey don sour)? You go fishing for midnight? Gen Z ko.
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by omoadeleye(m): 12:30pm On Mar 26
Arobaga:

Okay boomer
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by lorhema(f): 12:41pm On Mar 26
ogaontop:

Some of those strong insecticides were also harmful to man even if you inhaled after so many hours.
Their half-life is days, and they attack internal organs by long time accumulation. You may not feel the effects immediately but many years later and by then, you won't know it's the cause of your problems.

So true. Especially the Baygon of yore which I swore by.

1 Like

Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by maxiuc(m): 12:42pm On Mar 26
Choi we used this put little chemicals in water then the water mixed with chemical inside that thing then you go fuuuuu fuuuuuu
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by Wawelexy(m): 12:42pm On Mar 26
free2ryhme:

make we hear word.

Mortein in not up to 25 years in the Nigerian market

Ok kiddo
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by Demurray: 12:43pm On Mar 26
OboOlora:
cheesy

To them...:

Every noodles is indomie
Every detergent is Omo
Every SUV is Jeep
Every hair is Brazilian
Every pen is Biro

Add yours grin
Every lady with curvy backside na Olosho
Every Tinubu castigator na Obidient
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by DrFunmisticGlow: 12:46pm On Mar 26
OboOlora:
cheesy

To them...:

Every noodles is indomie
Every detergent is Omo
Every SUV is Jeep
Every hair is Brazilian
Every pen is Biro

Add yours grin
Every seasoning cube is maggi
Every liquid soap is morning fresh
Every toilet cleaner is harpic
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by SisterAnn(f): 12:47pm On Mar 26
Arobaga:

So wetin you dey hear? Go and fumigate my room? grin
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by delpee(f): 12:48pm On Mar 26
fyzaila:
I grew up hearing, go and spray shaltox in my room. I have never seen the so called "shaltox" with my 👀

Shelltox actually...just another brand back then.

1 Like

Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by SisterAnn(f): 12:49pm On Mar 26
OboOlora:
cheesy

To them...:

Every noodles is indomie
Every detergent is Omo
Every SUV is Jeep
Every hair is Brazilian
Every pen is Biro

Add yours grin
Every precher na pastor.
Every guy with dreads na yahoo boy.
Every yellow geh na Igbo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dangote Truck Crushes Vehicles On Kaduna-Abuja Road, Many Dead. Photos / Top 15 Things We Used To Do In 80's/90's We Do No More / PHOTO: What Will You Do If You See This In Your Room?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.