Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,554 members, 7,816,344 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) (42630 Views)

I Just Killed This Snake In My Room. / The Snake I Killed In My Room / The Snake I Killed In My Room In Enugu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by Amigoss: 10:26am On Mar 26
shocked
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by sofeo(m): 10:27am On Mar 26
I see, I think I still remember this back then.
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by techub: 10:27am On Mar 26
If you used this and you are still single...hmmmm you must have flitted your brains oogt
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by Switruth: 10:27am On Mar 26
It has the same shape as a sprayer used to spray a traditional wedding box called the potomanto. If you drank from an earthenware after eating roasted corn and pear please gather here.

2 Likes

Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by SEGLIZ: 10:28am On Mar 26
Arobaga:
I never hear “Go and flit my room” shaa

Don’t call me Gen-Z I be old man
the origin of all insecticide being called flit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by Switruth: 10:29am On Mar 26
techub:
If you used this and you are still single...hmmmm you must have flitted your brains oogt
grin grin cheesy grin
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by Deebami: 10:29am On Mar 26
UHLmoving:
If you used this, your first child should be in 400 level by now.

Graduates you mean.

1 Like

Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by sanya4good(m): 10:29am On Mar 26
OboOlora:
cheesy
Nigerians and turning brands to generic names

To them...:

Every noodles is indomie
Every detergent is Omo
Every toothpaste is Macleans
Every SUV is Jeep
Every hair is Brazilian
Every pen is Biro

Add yours grin

Every seasoning is Maggi

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by Pootle: 10:29am On Mar 26
very true
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by Switruth: 10:30am On Mar 26
SEGLIZ:
the origin of all insecticide being called flit.
just the way all seasonings are called “maggi” including knorr 😂😂😂

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by Sijo01(f): 10:30am On Mar 26
Why am I just hearing/seeing this for the first time undecided
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by Mode01: 10:31am On Mar 26
nlfpmod:

Nigerian History Group

You mean flit doesn't mean "to spray"?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by Switruth: 10:31am On Mar 26
[quote author=sanya4good post=129114617][/quote]very true. Every petroleum jelly is Vaseline 😂😂😂

2 Likes

Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by Switruth: 10:33am On Mar 26
Sijo01:
Why am I just hearing/seeing this for the first time undecided
oldies!!! That doesn’t mean you won’t also pass things through to your generation. Na time.
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by SEGLIZ: 10:33am On Mar 26
Switruth:
just the way all seasonings are called “maggi” including knorr 😂😂😂
Nigerians and generic names!? still that's our uniqueness, one of the reasons we're Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by cardoctor(m): 10:34am On Mar 26
Mosquitoes wept during that era

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by babajero(m): 10:35am On Mar 26
Arobaga:

That means you are not born and brought up in Nigeria or you just want form.

2 Likes

Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by Evolutionism: 10:36am On Mar 26
nlfpmod:

For those of you who don't know the origin of _*"go and flit my room."*_

Nigerian History Group

Upload the plastic one.

We used the old version of this tire those days.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by Switruth: 10:37am On Mar 26
SEGLIZ:
Nigerians and generic names!? still that's our uniqueness, one of the reasons we're Nigerian.
Nigerians are unique people. I found out that we are more United in abroad than in the country. I Visited a friend in Luxembourg only to find out that most Nigerians mounts the bars. You don’t need to ask questions. I just whispered to the guy. Are u a Nigerian and he said yes. Boom we connected sharp sharp. He isn’t even of my tribe. You see as we dey yab Tinubu and the rest here. If a Ghanaian try am Omo we go pounce on the person. Only Nigerians have the right to insult their leaders.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by babajero(m): 10:37am On Mar 26
OboOlora:
cheesy

To them...:

Every noodles is indomie
Every detergent is Omo
Every SUV is Jeep
Every hair is Brazilian
Every pen is Biro

Add yours grin
every wayward girl na a.sha.wo.

4 Likes

Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by zyphr(m): 10:38am On Mar 26
McCoy662:
How does this work?

A better picture is attached below. It is called a "Flit gun". The device is just essentially a handheld pump sprayer used to apply the Flit insecticide you see in the metal container in the picture attached by the OP.
To use the Flit gun, you would first fill the reservoir with the Flit insecticide solution. Then, you would pump the handle back and forth to build up pressure inside the reservoir. This pressure would force the insecticide out through the nozzle in a fine mist or spray.

2 Likes

Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by nedekid: 10:38am On Mar 26
Freshtruth:
You use this and u never marry or at least born pikin

Village people on the lead on your case

If you come still dey your papa house join

Village people has succeeded
Born pikin? Abi make your pikin don de get girlfriend sef. Lol

1 Like

Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by quinox947: 10:38am On Mar 26
OboOlora:
cheesy

To them...:

Every noodles is indomie
Every detergent is Omo
Every SUV is Jeep
Every hair is Brazilian
Every pen is Biro

Add yours grin
.......and every seasoning is Maggi including Ajino Moto which is called White Maggi.
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by 99thEnemy(m): 10:40am On Mar 26
Arobaga:

You just saved yourself because that was what I would have called you. grin
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by IamAtAnger: 10:40am On Mar 26
If ur papa get many houses and u dey one of them nko... una go juz dey cap abushit
Freshtruth:
You use this and u never marry or at least born pikin

Village people on the lead on your case

If you come still dey your papa house join

Village people has succeeded
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by dreamworld: 10:41am On Mar 26
Kilode
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by adioolayi(m): 10:41am On Mar 26
Wawelexy:
Na this one I sabi(mortein or raid), and dem no born you well make you stay inside the room we y dem use am.

Even though na for mosquito and other insects, rat sef still dey fear am. grin

Na nonsense dey market now...pure air freshener na im dey dey call insecticides

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by CaptainFM1: 10:41am On Mar 26
OboOlora:
cheesy

To them...:

Every noodles is indomie
Every detergent is Omo
Every SUV is Jeep
Every hair is Brazilian
Every pen is Biro

Add yours grin

Every girl is Olosho!
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by EminiOba: 10:42am On Mar 26
OboOlora:
cheesy

To them...:

Every noodles is indomie
Every detergent is Omo
Every SUV is Jeep
Every hair is Brazilian
Every pen is Biro

Add yours grin
Every sausage roll is Gala

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by 99thEnemy(m): 10:42am On Mar 26
UHLmoving:
If you used this, your first child should be in 400 level by now.
Taaargh.

I remember my dad using this when I was a kid.
This was popular even in the late 90’s grin
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by airsaylongcome: 10:43am On Mar 26
OboOlora:
cheesy

To them...:

Every noodles is indomie
Every detergent is Omo
Every SUV is Jeep
Every hair is Brazilian
Every pen is Biro

Add yours grin

It just goes the show the success if those brands in Nigeria. And let's not think this is a Nigerian thing. It's worldwide. In the UK, there was a time all Vaccum cleaners were called "Hoover"
Re: The Origin Of "Go And Flit My Room" (Throwback Photo) by EminiOba: 10:43am On Mar 26
Never seen that before

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PHOTO: What Will You Do If You See This In Your Room? / Man Holds Cigarette & Smokes With His Leg, Removes His Cap With His Leg (Photos) / Do Diamonds Shine Or Reflect?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.