Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,913 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

CRYPTO: Turning $3 to $3000. This Happened [Picture] - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / CRYPTO: Turning $3 to $3000. This Happened [Picture] (1775 Views)

Unbelievable $3 To $100 / This Month, Ethereum's Price May Drop To $3000! Traders Keep An Eye On / South African Brothers Vanish With $3.6Bn In Bitcoins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

CRYPTO: Turning $3 to $3000. This Happened [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 12:09pm On Mar 26
On the 30th of November, 2023, I opened Nairaland and a lady wanted to sell $3 on her Mexc account to use the money for something important, but the P2P there only allows 3 currencies, VND, RUB, and KRW.

At the time, $1 was ₦1130.

If she's to sell it, it will give her ₦3,390.

Someone offered to buy it from her for N1500 and she was willing to sell, but I decided to interfere in the transaction even though I wasn't interested in the initially. I just felt she's being cheated, so I decided to offer her 2500 and she agreed.

At zero transaction fee, she sent it from her Mexc to mine.

I sent her the 2500. Honestly, I wanted to send her 10k because I noticed she was at her lowest at that moment, but a spirit said, "Since she be woman, you wan overdo now, abi? What if she's among those people that voted for APC? Just send her what you agreed on because women mostly see men that send them extra money as mugu or someone who wants something from them. They easily forget kindness and may even use it against you. They won't know it's just you being kind and nothing more."

So, with this mental sermon, I deleted the 10,000 I typed and sent her the 2500 we agreed on.

I told her I'm going to turn that $3 to $3000 and write a book about it.

On Mexc and within a few days, I turned the $3 to a little above $10 and sent the money to another exchange I hardly open since I trade with lots of exchanges and I use some the most.

Unfortunately, I lost about 80% of the $10+ and was left with about $1.88 or $2.

I felt like I lost the battle, so I abandoned the money. On the 6th of March, 2024, I checked that exchange for no reason and noticed Uniswap had pumped to $17, so I shorted it at x50 leverage with the less than $2 left and my liquidation was at 17.424. I did this after analysing the chart, not just blindly.

After this purchase, I closed the app without putting a stop loss because there is nothing there to lose.

Today, being the 26th of March, 2024, I remembered the exchange and logged in and realized the less than $2 had turned to $100, because Uniswap scrashed from $17 to $10.

Unfortunately, the short $Uni position had started going up again from $10 to $12.8 at the time of writing this and it has already lost -$24 from the $100. That means I was left with $76.

If only I opened the app the day it was at $10. Anyway, 2,000 Naira, $2, to 76,000 Naira, $76, is not a bad 20-day investment with zero emotions attached.

In summary, the less emotionally attached you are to material things, especially money, the faster you get it and the more peace of mind you'll have even when you lose it because it's not your main source of joy.

Your main source of joy is being alive. There are some classmates, rich neighbors, colleagues, family members, etc. you had that were better than you in height, looks, brain, finance, wisdom, faith, spirituality, etc. that are no longer alive, but here you are breathing.

So, be emotionally detached from money and you'll get it faster.

There is a guy I like called VeryDarkMan. This guy posts online and condemns bad things people are doing or posting and he doesn't accept advertisement.

Guess what? Since he has grown his audience, people are begging him with millions to do ads for them. People are offering him X10 of what they offer other celebrities, but he keeps declining.

They hate him for this and they also hate him for being blunt and honest. The truth hurts and people will alway call you a talkative for always saying it.

Does it mean he doesn't like money? He does, but he's so emotionally detached from money and now money is chasing him. Oh, his enemies are also chasing him. The people that got hurt by his truth.

The message there is, know the value of money, but don't place so much value in it even though you know it's invaluable.

You're just too emotionally detached to notice it the way other people do and this will help you a lot in life when you lose everything you've ever laboured for.

No matter how Godly you are, challenges must come and this mindset is what you need way more than prayer itself. What is prayer when you'reΒ  too emotional to material things?

Most Nigerians don't have this mindset, hence we're always desperate to make money.

Even if s country says, "Don't bring drugs into our country, else, death penalty." A Nigerian will still take drugs to that country because he's so emotionally attached to money and wants to make it fast.

Yes, making it involves risks, but this na ked electric bulb you're touching is too risky.

So, success is all about your brain, your strategy, calculated risks, patience, and a bit of luck.

Only a few people can achieve success with only luck.

Only a few people can achieve success with only risk.

Only a few people can achieve success with only patience.

But everybody can achieve success with brain, strategy, calculated risks, patience, and a bit of luck.

In this trade, what helped me was strategy, calculated risk (emotionally detached, which led to being patient), and luck.

Now it has reached 70-100 Dollars, most people will lose everything. Only patience and strategy can make you double it. Rinse and repeat.

After she had already sold the $3 to me, someone quoted her and said she should invest and forget about it, but it was already late.

Moral lesson

Investment is the only thing that'll change your financial status legitimately, but hunger always make us eat what we're supposed to invest and this keeps us in poverty for a very long time until the day we overcome this rat race either by "plan" or by "grace of luck."

Never give up, but stay emotionally detached from materials things (money), even though it's necessary.

Control your emotions when money is involved. Our coffins won't be stacked with money when we depart. If in doubt, call Herbert Wigwe, late Access Bank CEO on 07030000000 and ask him.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: CRYPTO: Turning $3 to $3000. This Happened [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 12:11pm On Mar 26
Told to invest it.

5 Likes

Re: CRYPTO: Turning $3 to $3000. This Happened [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 12:12pm On Mar 26

2 Likes

Re: CRYPTO: Turning $3 to $3000. This Happened [Picture] by Sulele04(m): 12:16pm On Mar 26
iLegendd:

Run me something idan.🀲
Re: CRYPTO: Turning $3 to $3000. This Happened [Picture] by abba190: 12:38pm On Mar 26
Re: CRYPTO: Turning $3 to $3000. This Happened [Picture] by abba190: 12:39pm On Mar 26
Re: CRYPTO: Turning $3 to $3000. This Happened [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 12:53pm On Mar 26
abba190:
good job
Kindly unquote the two of them. It's way too long and I have updates to post in the future.

Thank you, Sir.

3 Likes

Re: CRYPTO: Turning $3 to $3000. This Happened [Picture] by THEPACIFIST: 1:03pm On Mar 26
Your words are wise and eye-opening, but attaining the level where you don't get swayed by money doesn't come easy for a lot of us, not to belittle the fact in your stance because I believe it works to a great extent, but I would rather embrace a more disciplined approach to money management to build up some funds as a cushion to rely on when taking risks and applying patience becomes paramount. Most in this game are in it to cure hunger first, before poverty. Nice words once again and thanks for the enlightenment.

1 Like

Re: CRYPTO: Turning $3 to $3000. This Happened [Picture] by abba190: 1:03pm On Mar 26
iLegendd:
Kindly unquote the two of them. It's way too long and I have updates to post in the future.

Thank you, Sir.
help me with 1k abeg
Re: CRYPTO: Turning $3 to $3000. This Happened [Picture] by abba190: 1:07pm On Mar 26
iLegendd:

Thank you, Sir.
done make i drop my aza?
Re: CRYPTO: Turning $3 to $3000. This Happened [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 1:23pm On Mar 26
THEPACIFIST:
Your words are wise and eye-opening, but attaining the level where you don't get swayed by money doesn't come easy for a lot of us, not to belittle the fact in your stance because I believe it works to a great extent, but I would rather embrace a more disciplined approach to money management to build up some funds as a cushion to rely on when taking risks and applying patience becomes paramount. Most in this game are in it to cure hunger first, before poverty. Nice words once again and thanks for the enlightenment.

You have a valid point. The unfortunate thing is, until we outgrow the "profit and eat it to survive" stage, it's hard to succeed in this business or any other business in life. Also, trading with what you can lose is always the mantra.

1 Like

Re: CRYPTO: Turning $3 to $3000. This Happened [Picture] by iwillnevergiveup: 1:46pm On Mar 26
this is a very important advice to someone like me who is still in the beginning stages of making it in life.
Thanks very much Sir iLegendd

2 Likes

Re: CRYPTO: Turning $3 to $3000. This Happened [Picture] by SuperOnyi: 1:49pm On Mar 26
shocked

Thank you, the message is well-received. I'm not materialistic but I need that money as long as I'm able to provide for the fam and help others, I'm good.

Money is just a necessary evil that must be controlled by people (like me) with good intentions, otherwise the world will suffer.
Re: CRYPTO: Turning $3 to $3000. This Happened [Picture] by keymatt(m): 2:04pm On Mar 26
Nice one. This is exactly what I need because I lost $20 in crypto trade in just 8 minutes few hours ago. Though I'm the cause of it because of greed to make more instead of exiting the market after making $10 profit. Mixing emotions with business will seriously result in loses.
@Op thanks for the post. πŸ‘

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CRYPTO: Turning $3 to $3000. This Happened [Picture] by Blacklion3: 3:10pm On Mar 26
iLegendd:

Control your emotions when money is involved. Our coffins won't be stacked with money when we depart. If in doubt, call Herbert Wigwe, late Access Bank CEO on 07030000000 and ask him.

I have always keenly followed your post.
I would have wished you goodluck, but you certainly have that already

1 Like

Re: CRYPTO: Turning $3 to $3000. This Happened [Picture] by haggai247: 3:47pm On Mar 26
Good luck happens when preparation meets opportunity. If you want to be lucky get good at what you're doing period.

1 Like

Re: CRYPTO: Turning $3 to $3000. This Happened [Picture] by MONEY247: 4:03pm On Mar 26
HM? Mmmmm
Re: CRYPTO: Turning $3 to $3000. This Happened [Picture] by MMempire(m): 4:42pm On Mar 26
iLegendd:

Oga, abeg come teach us how to trade. Open a telegram group for it please.
Re: CRYPTO: Turning $3 to $3000. This Happened [Picture] by Bazztadewu: 4:43pm On Mar 26
Trash.me wey trade.i traded with 50$ and cashed out 150$,the traded the 150 hoping to cashput 350.naso sleep take me,but the time I wake up,the bot don loose guard.e come show red.the whole 150 turned to zero. I vex delete the useless app,curse dem for Google playstore.
Re: CRYPTO: Turning $3 to $3000. This Happened [Picture] by Valwezzy: 6:37pm On Mar 26
iLegendd:

You have a valid point. The unfortunate thing is, until we outgrow the "profit and eat it to survive" stage, it's hard to succeed in this business or any other business in life. Also, trading with what you can lose is always the mantra.

Please, can you show me any tips or channels on how to trade spot/futures?

The one that also drops his/her trades, thanks in anticipation!
Re: CRYPTO: Turning $3 to $3000. This Happened [Picture] by Thazard(m): 6:59pm On Mar 26
iLegendd:
Told to invest it.
You actually said turning $3 - $3000 but your story doesn't say so.

2 Likes

Re: CRYPTO: Turning $3 to $3000. This Happened [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 9:47pm On Mar 26
Bazztadewu:
Trash.me wey trade.i traded with 50$ and cashed out 150$,the traded the 150 hoping to cashput 350.naso sleep take me,but the time I wake up,the bot don loose guard.e come show red.the whole 150 turned to zero. I vex delete the useless app,curse dem for Google playstore.
You're welcome. I take full responsibility for your loss. I will repay you because I'm the cause.
Re: CRYPTO: Turning $3 to $3000. This Happened [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 9:48pm On Mar 26
Thazard:
Okay
Re: CRYPTO: Turning $3 to $3000. This Happened [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 9:52pm On Mar 26
Valwezzy:

Please, can you show me any tips or channels on how to trade spot/futures?

The one that also drops his/her trades, thanks in anticipation!
I know none of such channel, but I'm sure there are a lot out there. Just not a member of any. Oh, there is one guy that is good, but I hardly check his channel. Search for Official Emjay Crypto on Telegram. He has about 2.5k followers.

1 Like

Re: CRYPTO: Turning $3 to $3000. This Happened [Picture] by Valwezzy: 9:54pm On Mar 26
iLegendd:
I know none of such channel, but I'm sure there are a lot out there. Just not a member of any. Oh, there is one guy that is good, but I hardly check his channel. Search for Official Emjay Crypto on Telegram. He has about 2.5k followers.

Thank you!
Re: CRYPTO: Turning $3 to $3000. This Happened [Picture] by olympianares: 10:53pm On Mar 26
Thazard:
Read what you "actually" wrote also

"turning"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CRYPTO: Turning $3 to $3000. This Happened [Picture] by Truthshotcrazy: 12:20am On Mar 27
iLegendd:

On the 6th of March, 2024, I checked that exchange for no reason and noticed Uniswap had pumped to $17, so I shorted it at x50 leverage with the less than $2 left and my liquidation was at 17.424. I did this after analysing the chart, not just blindly.

chart, not 🚫 just blindly

After this purchase, I closed the app without putting a stop loss because there is nothing there to lose.

Today, being the 26th of March, 2024, I remembered the exchange and logged in and realized the less than $2 had turned to $100, because Uniswap scrashed from $17 to $10.

Unfortunately, the short $Uni position had started going up again from $10 to $12.8 at the time of writing this and it has already lost -$24 from the $100. That means I was left with $76.

If only I opened the app the day it was at $10....

Nice one, l love uniswap.
$17 to $10 is a big retracement In one fell swoop tho, uniswap game is strong tho, it must hit $50 in this bull run before december , as bitcoin new All time high is projected.
Even if you just stack up on some uniswap on spot without trading, you should be able to Γ—3 it by December.

Damn X50 is one damn crazy leverage. Never trade what you cannot afford to lose; Even then, risk to Reward ratio must be managed appropriately
Sometimes we take too much risks trading and REKT and liquidate and lose it all. grin
Re: CRYPTO: Turning $3 to $3000. This Happened [Picture] by Truthshotcrazy: 12:36am On Mar 27
olympianares:

On the 30th of November, 2023, I opened Nairaland and a lady wanted to sell $3 on her MEXC account to use the money for something important, but the P2P there only allows 3 currencies, VND, RUB, and KRW.

At the time, $1 was ₦1130.

At zero transaction fee, she sent it from her Mexc to mine.

hopped here from Ur link πŸ”— on crypto thread 🧡

This Mexc is looking interesting that's if they are still offering RUB P2P.
Going to sign up to check βœ”οΈ it out.

Binance Ru sold to CommEx September 2023 , and migrated all RUbles dealers to CommEx. Now CommEx is officially shutting down April/may 2024. Can't wait to explore As many exchanges dealing in RUB even as Kucoin is embattled and facing fresh allegations , charges ,fines with SEC. be like all top crypto exchanges are being hunted & moving. Wallahi
Re: CRYPTO: Turning $3 to $3000. This Happened [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 6:41am On Apr 01
$11 pulled out of Turbo and out of trade till market crashes or pumps.

Re: CRYPTO: Turning $3 to $3000. This Happened [Picture] by hisbah2121(m): 9:24am On Apr 01
iLegendd:
$11 pulled out of Turbo and out of trade till market crashes or pumps.

Sir which coin is advicable to buy now
Re: CRYPTO: Turning $3 to $3000. This Happened [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 10:51am On Apr 01
hisbah2121:

Sir which coin is advicable to buy now
I strictly avoid telling people what to buy for personal reasons, but if I'm at a gunpoint, I'd say WLD.
Re: CRYPTO: Turning $3 to $3000. This Happened [Picture] by hisbah2121(m): 11:04am On Apr 01
iLegendd:
I strictly avoid telling people what to buy for personal reasons, but if I'm at a gunpoint, I'd say WLD.

Thanks boss

(1) (2) (Reply)

Passive Income With Bitcoin / Where Is Get Help Worldwide / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.