Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,990 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 (7034 Views)

Naira Now #810 To A USD. Vote Out APC Now / Dino Melaye Predicted One Dollar To N500 (Throwback Video) / President Buhari Frees 19 Inmates Including A 75 Year Old Man & His Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by Godoverevery: 1:56pm On Mar 26
mrvitalis:

So in your head that can meet of up the dollar demand?

What you would achieve is Buhari 101 massive difference between official rate and black market rate

Say I want to set up a small factory and need $500k to buy machines or raw materials... Where do you think I would go? ... U think I won't pay 10% above price to get my money in 1 week?

So you need $500k cash to buy the machine??

Nawa oooo.
Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by Hoelujohn: 1:56pm On Mar 26
mrvitalis:

So in your head that can meet of up the dollar demand?

What you would achieve is Buhari 101 massive difference between official rate and black market rate

Say I want to set up a small factory and need $500k to buy machines or raw materials... Where do you think I would go? ... U think I won't pay 10% above price to get my money in 1 week?
Do you know the BDC can actually make the naira 2500 overnight. They have the power over the rates. So if government paying them certain amount of money to bring the rates down, I think it's ok.
For your info, I am a strong supporter of PO but anything that will make the economy better, I will support
Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by mrvitalis(m): 2:10pm On Mar 26
Hoelujohn:

Do you know the BDC can actually make the naira 2500 overnight. They have the power over the rates. So if government paying them certain amount of money to bring the rates down, I think it's ok.
For your info, I am a strong supporter of PO but anything that will make the economy better, I will support
BDC don't control rate oga they are too insignificant

10s if not 100s of millions of dollars exchange hands in Nigeria daily

Bros enough you obviously don't know anything about the forex market

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by mrvitalis(m): 2:10pm On Mar 26
Godoverevery:

So you need $500k cash to buy the machine??

Nawa oooo.
Have you imported anything before?
Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by drlateef: 2:13pm On Mar 26
DaniellaDokubo:
Government is selling off its FX reserves. This is not a sustainable solution. Way to go. EXPORT goods and service!

You are wrong. The foreign reserve is actually increasing.
Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by PARADIZEPRIEST: 2:30pm On Mar 26
Only banks should sell forex stop hawking money on streets
Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by Godoverevery: 2:38pm On Mar 26
mrvitalis:

Yea and I didn't need raw cash USD to pay for the goods.
Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by Babalegba(m): 2:48pm On Mar 26
rinzaugustine:
What kind of economic policy is selling the dollars you have to bolster exchange rate ? Why would a sane mind believe this will work long term and be dissuaded from hoarding the dollar? Once they stop all these FX selling, the next fall of the dollar will be around the 3 thousand naira mark …bunch of useless quacks
Put your money where your mouth is .Buy dollars now. You should be able to sell at 3000 naira to dollar within two weeks.
Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by mrvitalis(m): 2:49pm On Mar 26
Godoverevery:

Yea and I didn't need raw cash USD to pay for the goods.

So how did you pay for your goods... Tell us
Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by rinzaugustine: 2:52pm On Mar 26
Babalegba:
Put your money where your mouth is .Buy dollars now. You should be able to sell at 3000 naira to dollar within two weeks.
do that all the time but I am trying to be a little bit greedy this time lol
Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by Godoverevery: 2:55pm On Mar 26
mrvitalis:

So how did you pay for your goods... Tell us

All you need to do is visit your bank if you run a domiciliary account and you be put through on that.

Who needs $500k raw cash to pay for a machine......that person must be a criminal.

2 Likes

Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by mrvitalis(m): 2:57pm On Mar 26
Godoverevery:

All you need to do is visit your bank if you run a domiciliary account and you be through on that.

Who needs $500k raw cash to pay for a machine......that person must be a criminal.
I never said you need $500k I said you need $500k let me correct that

Ok so how would you get the money to put in the domiciliary account in this case $500k
Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by Godoverevery: 3:01pm On Mar 26
mrvitalis:

I never said you need $500k I said you need $500k let me correct that

Ok so how would you get the money to put in the domiciliary account in this case $500k

Bro Vist your bank abeg.

You can convert money in local account now....the dollar equivalent you need will be credited in your domiciliary account while the naira will be deducted.

Only shady people need raw dollar to import goods.

1 Like

Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by mrvitalis(m): 3:06pm On Mar 26
Godoverevery:

Bro Vist your bank abeg.

You can convert money in local account now....the dollar equivalent you need will be credited in your domiciliary account while the naira will be deducted.

Only shady people need raw dollar to import goods.
I done catch this one... Lmaooo obviously you haven't imported anything substantial before

Firstly if you want to go through the bank you don't need a domiciliary account, you just go to your bank and request for "form A, M or Q " Depending on what you want to import

Banks withdraw the naira equivalent and process your dollar demand with CBN

Now what's the problem? It can take 3 months of you are lucky to 2 years... Some people have finished masters abroad banks haven't paid their school

So a business man like me should suspend my business and wait for CBN? For 2 years?

Boy you know nothing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by Godoverevery: 3:14pm On Mar 26
mrvitalis:

I done catch this one... Lmaooo obviously you haven't imported anything substantial before

Firstly if you want to go through the bank you don't need a domiciliary account, you just go to your bank and request for "form A, M or Q " Depending on what you want to import

Banks withdraw the naira equivalent and process your dollar demand with CBN

Now what's the problem? It can take 3 months of you are lucky to 2 years... Some people have finished masters abroad banks haven't paid their school

So a business man like me should suspend my business and wait for CBN? For 2 years?

Boy you know nothing

This very simple...........let do a very simple test run.

I will be importing small goods by mid next month.

What I just explained I will do the same exact process and post all the processing and the money will be remitted within 3 working days.

We can just have a minimum of 100k bet on that.

If it fails I will pay you 100k and it works you will pay me 100k.

Are you down??

1 Like

Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by mrvitalis(m): 3:23pm On Mar 26
Godoverevery:

This very simple...........let do a very simple test run.

I will be importing small goods by mid next month.

What I just explained I will do the same exact process and post all the processing and the money will be remitted within 3 working days.

We can just have a minimum of 100k bet on that.

If it fails I will pay you 100k and it works you will pay me 100k.

Are you down??
Lmaooo fine how much are you requesting... Hope it's not below $20k
Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by Iamanoited: 3:44pm On Mar 26
IT SHOULD GO UP TO N500:$1.
Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by Iamanoited: 3:47pm On Mar 26
IT SHOULD GO UP TO N500:$1.

Orisa37
"EBI NPAWA". I HOPE SOMEBODY IS NOT DEAF AND DUMB.
Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by Godoverevery: 3:57pm On Mar 26
mrvitalis:

Lmaooo fine how much are you requesting... Hope it's not below $20k

Like I don't understand.........how much am dealing with isn't your business.

Do we have a deal?? So I can open a thread for it.
Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by mrvitalis(m): 4:01pm On Mar 26
Godoverevery:

Like I don't understand.........how much am dealing with isn't your business.

Do we have a deal?? So I can open a thread for it.

There is a difference between transaction based on amount
Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by Iamgrey5(m): 4:07pm On Mar 26
mrvitalis:

Mr Ekwekwe economist, You don't need 500k cash in dollars to import anything

Banks deal with such large amount.

People often use letter of credit to buy goods in international trade.

3 Likes

Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by yoruboid: 4:11pm On Mar 26
DaniellaDokubo:
Government is selling off its FX reserves. This is not a sustainable solution. Way to go. EXPORT goods and service!

We have a trade surplus and as long as the CBN has the dollars coming in, the Naira will continue to appreciate

Imagine what will happen when the refineries start to export and we don’t import a drop of petroleum products in Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by routed: 4:44pm On Mar 26
mrvitalis:

Lol 😂😂😂 which school u go abeg?

...and how old are you?
Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by BondRiv: 4:53pm On Mar 26
Naira must rise.
Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by saysoo: 5:54pm On Mar 26
drlateef:

You are wrong. The foreign reserve is actually increasing.
But we were just told the foreign and domestic debt stands at 97t and interest mounting.
Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by Babalegba(m): 7:32pm On Mar 26
rinzaugustine:
do that all the time but I am trying to be a little bit greedy this time lol
Sell your house or your father's house and your car and buy dollars. You might be lucky and it reaches 3000 naira to one dollar within a few months. You'll be smiling, nothing ventured nothing gained. You can also borrow from the bank and use your properties as collateral.

2 Likes

Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by oluwole70525: 9:02pm On Mar 26
Correct am na if you think he’s not right, why showing stupidityCorrect am na if you think he’s not right, why showing stupidity...
Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by afube: 9:05pm On Mar 26
DaniellaDokubo:

Agbado is selling the 3billion dollars he got from Afreximbank with a collateral of 12 billion dollars in oil sales...! Let us hope the solution is not worse than the ailment!
Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by drlateef: 6:24am On Mar 27
saysoo:
But we were just told the foreign and domestic debt stands at 97t and interest mounting.

Yes, but Tinubu has been paying them without any default. Nigeria now has a very good credit rating. Foreign reserves is different from debt.

2 Likes

Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by saysoo: 7:27am On Mar 27
drlateef:

Yes, but Tinubu has been paying them without any default. Nigeria now has a very good credit rating. Foreign reserves is different from debt.
may be you do not grasp it. Buhari left it at 77T, Tinubu is standing at 97t, you pay your debt else interest will keep rising, so how is your bank account full when your debts are more?
Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by drlateef: 10:51am On Mar 27
saysoo:
may be you do not grasp it. Buhari left it at 77T, Tinubu is standing at 97t, you pay your debt else interest will keep rising, so how is your bank account full when your debts are more?

We all know he borrowed some money to stabilise the naira. And he is paying back at same time.

1 Like

Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by TruthsFM: 10:55am On Mar 27
Today’s exchange rate in the Abokifx

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Petition To The Cp Of Lagos / The Next Gold Rush May Happen In Ebonyi State, Nigeria- Igbodefender.com / Nigeria’s Refineries Rated Worst In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.