Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 (7040 Views)

Naira Now #810 To A USD. Vote Out APC Now / Dino Melaye Predicted One Dollar To N500 (Throwback Video) / President Buhari Frees 19 Inmates Including A 75 Year Old Man & His Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by saysoo: 1:29pm On Mar 27
drlateef:

We all know he borrowed some money to stabilise the naira. And he is paying back at same time.
Ok you just nailed it. You bank account (FR) keeps you stable and you economy follows, basic. You borrow cause you have nothing, your currency goes south, FDI stays away. My brother it is not going to work if our FR does not go up.

1 Like

Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by predictor1: 3:05pm On Mar 27
DaniellaDokubo:
Government is selling off its FX reserves. This is not a sustainable solution. Way to go. EXPORT goods and service!
You people keep talking as if Nigeria has no source of forex. Oil, gas, a few agricultural produce, remittances,etc. These are sources of forex. We need more but in the meantime let them do what they can do.

4 Likes

Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by predictor1: 3:27pm On Mar 27
Godoverevery:

Like I don't understand.........how much am dealing with isn't your business.
Do we have a deal?? So I can open a thread for it.
He is shifting goal post.
Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by Godoverevery: 4:09pm On Mar 27
predictor1:
He is shifting goal post.

That why I stopped engaging him.
Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by iamtoofan: 4:43pm On Mar 27
mrvitalis:

So in your head that can meet of up the dollar demand?

What you would achieve is Buhari 101 massive difference between official rate and black market rate

Say I want to set up a small factory and need $500k to buy machines or raw materials... Where do you think I would go? ... U think I won't pay 10% above price to get my
money in 1 week?

Height of ignorances ! which machine you wan buy for $500k ...
how you go put small factory and whooping $500k in same compound sentence ... the way Nigerians call money in dollar even americans no fit call $10k "just"
Anyone capable of setting up an investment worth $500k will most likely have connect to liason with cbn/banks
Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by mrvitalis(m): 4:51pm On Mar 27
iamtoofan:

Height of ignorances ! which machine you wan buy for $500k ...
how you go put small factory and whooping $500k in same compound sentence ... the way Nigerians call money in dollar even americans no fit call $10k "just"
Anyone capable of setting up an investment worth $500k will most likely have connect to liason with cbn/banks
Lmao which machine can you buy for $10k dollars Lmaooo

Mere palm oil refining factory would set you back $500k minimum, if you include mayonnaise and butter factory to use up the by products you are talking $1 million to $5 million for its basic level

Smh small minded people

1 Like

Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by iamtoofan: 5:00pm On Mar 27
Hoelujohn:

Do you know the BDC can actually make the naira 2500 overnight. They have the power over the rates. So if government paying them certain amount of money to bring the rates down, I think it's ok.
For your info, I am a strong supporter of PO but anything that will make the economy better, I will support

Capital NO ! BDC don't have the power except they collaborate the banks to sabotage the exchange rate, which was what was happening before
The biggest source of FX to BDC operators are the banks, presently BDC are registered and regulated
naa inside thief they make outside thief look like say dem get supernatural power undecided

2 Likes

Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by iamtoofan: 5:25pm On Mar 27
mrvitalis:

Mere palm oil refining factory would set you back $500k minimum, if you include mayonnaise and butter factory to use up the by products you are talking $1 million to $5 million for its basic level

Smh small minded people

I wasnt even talking about $10k to buy machine, notwithstanding go on copart right now nd you will marvel @ cars $10k will buy

Naija valueless currency as so much mess with you people head you just call dollar amount anyhow. mention the small factory machine dem buy $500k for ur eye ...

Say I want to set up a small factory and need $500k to buy machines or raw materials those are ur words bring out the machine wey cost $500k

Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by mrvitalis(m): 5:32pm On Mar 27
iamtoofan:

I wasnt even talking about $10k to buy machine, notwithstanding go on copart right now nd you will marvel @ cars $10k will buy

Naija valueless currency as so much mess with you people head you just call dollar amount anyhow. mention the small factory machine dem buy $500k for ur eye ...

Say I want to set up a small factory and need $500k to buy machines or raw materials those are ur words bring out the machine wey cost $500k

I have told you palm oil refining plant
High quality nylon extrusion machine... Used to produce pure water

Fairly standard chocolate factory

Fairly standard chicken Franks factory

Bros abeg abeg
Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by iamtoofan: 5:48pm On Mar 27
mrvitalis:

I have told you palm oil refining plant
High quality nylon extrusion machine... Used to produce pure water

Fairly standard chocolate factory

Fairly standard chicken Franks factory

Bros abeg abeg

For a starter, mechanized oil refining do not belong to the category of SMEs, most of these oil factories are owned by multinational or big companies.

show us your own reciept of the machine wey cost $500k, dj Yk

1 Like

Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by drlateef: 5:48pm On Mar 27
saysoo:
Ok you just nailed it. You bank account (FR) keeps you stable and you economy follows, basic. You borrow cause you have nothing, your currency goes south, FDI stays away. My brother it is not going to work if our FR does not go up.

FR is going up. It went up by $1 billion recently. Every country borrows. Even US and UK borrow money.

3 Likes

Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by mrvitalis(m): 5:51pm On Mar 27
iamtoofan:

For a starter, mechanized oil refining do not belong to the category of SMEs, most of these oil factories are owned by multinational or big companies.

show us your own reciept of the machine wey cost $500k, dj Yk

They are medium scale business
.. They are not big business

Bros I told you refining machine and you are showing me palm oil production machine

If I show you the machines what next? What would you do
Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by Paraman: 5:51pm On Mar 27
Hoelujohn:

Do you know the BDC can actually make the naira 2500 overnight. They have the power over the rates.
you're wrong
Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by iamtoofan: 6:09pm On Mar 27
mrvitalis:

They are medium scale business
.. They are not big business

Bros I told you refining machine and you are showing me palm oil production machine

If I show you the machines what next? What would you do

did you just call a business that cost $500k medium scale, that is almost #700m shocked....
military suppose arrest you join militant dem dey find ... cos you just murdered "logic"

A business worth ova 700m investment, naa 400k turnover go be the benchmark undecided oga go n sit down

3 Likes

Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by mrvitalis(m): 6:21pm On Mar 27
iamtoofan:

did you just call a business that cost $500k medium scale, that is almost #700m shocked....
military suppose arrest you join militant dem dey find ... cos you just murdered "logic"

A business worth ova 700m investment, naa 400k turnover go be the benchmark undecided oga go n sit down

You can employ 100 people to me making 400k yearly?

Or even 5 people to be making 400k yearly? How much u wan pay them

Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by lionshare: 6:53pm On Mar 27
mrvitalis:

Smh small minded people
Are you aware that the daily turnover in the foreign exchange market is currently $200 million? Your $500,000 amounts to less than a quarter of one day's transaction turnover.
Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by iamtoofan: 7:06pm On Mar 27
mrvitalis:

You can employ 100 people to me making 400k yearly?

Or even 5 people to be making 400k yearly? How much u wan pay them

Alol ! you think its about quoting anything on google, dey apply your academic qualification naw,
are you saying football clubs like Man city, real madrid, man U, e.t.c are medium scale grin cos dey don't even make close to $1billion revenue anually

go n sit down

Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by mrvitalis(m): 7:39pm On Mar 27
iamtoofan:

Alol ! you think its about quoting anything on google, dey apply your academic qualification naw,
are you saying football clubs like Man city, real madrid, man U, e.t.c are medium scale grin cos dey don't even make close to $1billion revenue anually

The

go n sit down

The definition is simple

There are two criteria one number of employees and revenue

How you don't get it is beyond me

If you think a $1 million dollars factory is a big factory that's your business oga
Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by mrvitalis(m): 7:40pm On Mar 27
lionshare:
Are you aware that the daily turnover in the foreign exchange market is currently $200 million? Your $500,000 amounts to less than a quarter of one day's transaction turnover.
Question is what's the demand?
Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by adikings22: 7:49pm On Mar 27
DaniellaDokubo:
Government is selling off its FX reserves. This is not a sustainable solution. Way to go. EXPORT goods and service!

Funny how everyone has suddenly become a financial expert. Was Nigeria exporting goods and services just 10 months ago when dollar was N700?
Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by lionshare: 8:17pm On Mar 27
mrvitalis:

Question is what's the demand?
What demand are you referring to? Is it possible to have turnover without any underlying demand?
Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by DaniellaDokubo(f): 7:07am On Mar 28
adikings22:

Funny how everyone has suddenly become a financial expert. Was Nigeria exporting goods and services just 10 months ago when dollar was N700?

Keep quiet!

1 Like

Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by Biodun556(m): 2:47pm On Apr 01
B
Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by Biodun556(m): 4:19am On Apr 03
Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by LegendHero(m): 4:29am On Apr 03
mrvitalis:

The definition is simple

There are two criteria one number of employees and revenue

How you don't get it is beyond me

If you think a $1 million dollars factory is a big factory that's your business oga

You clearly don’t know what you are saying.

You don’t use medium scale rating in the USA for Nigeria, it’s two different turf.

In USA for example, median income is around $37k, will you now use that as benchmark for median income in Nigeria?

If you can use $500k to buy an ordinary machine, then your business will be worth over $2m at least. THAT is not medium scale in Nigeria standard.

Most Nigerian states don’t even get up to that inflow FDI in 5 years.

2 Likes

Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by Biodun556(m): 10:28am On Apr 03
cool
Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by Biodun556(m): 3:41pm On Apr 05
B
Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by KennethOkonkwo: 5:12pm On Apr 05
yoruboid:

We have a trade surplus and as long as the CBN has the dollars coming in, the Naira will continue to appreciate

Imagine what will happen when the refineries start to export and we don’t import a drop of petroleum products in Nigeria
Those mad people don't follow government activities they only wake up and look for which bad news to feast on daily. They were sleeping when CBN was requested by Tinubu to be receiving NNPCL Proceeds.The question Sanusi was asking "WHERE ARE THE DOLLARS HAVE BEEN SOLVED"!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by Treadway: 5:25pm On Apr 05
Hoelujohn:

How many BDCs do we have? Approximately 1500. Multiply it by 10000 dollars per week. That means each BDC gets 40k per week. Multiply that by 12 months a year and by 1500 BDCs. The total is not up to 800k dollars a year. That is less than government weekly earnings on crude oil export.
it is rather hilarious that you're defending a position you don't know much about with wrong math nonetheless, as simple and basic as that is.

40k per week X 4weeks X 12 months X 1500 is almost 3billlion.

For emphasis, the afrexim loan was 3billion. Jus saying.

Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by Dijita: 5:48pm On Apr 05
Hoelujohn:

Do you know the BDC can actually make the naira 2500 overnight. They have the power over the rates. So if government paying them certain amount of money to bring the rates down, I think it's ok.
For your info, I am a strong supporter of PO but anything that will make the economy better, I will support

You think paying BDC will bring the dollar down? and you think that is a sound economic policy that is sustainable over time?

I disagree with you. The naira should be allowed to float and let the forces of market determine the price. If BDC want to make the price #2500, people will sell to them but how many people will buy?
There is disadvantage to free float. There will be increased in the cost of living but in the long run we will be forced to live within our means and find a local way to sustain our economy. That is what Ghana did in the days of Rawlings. Off course the corruption of our politicians is most likely to scatter any potential benefit from the free follow policy or any policy for that matter

1 Like

Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by Treadway: 5:57pm On Apr 05
What they should have done from the start, is what they are just now doing. I already elucidated everything in my thread here.

https://www.nairaland.com/8017949/way-nigeria-people-govt-got

Remove subsidy, but intervene to keep the naira stable, TILL the refineries come on stream. If they had done that from the start the crazy still-galloping price increases won't have happened, and my bottle of Legend extra stout would still be under 1k rather than the 2k it goes for now.
Re: A Dollar To Naira Now N1075.75 by ElSudani: 6:15pm On Apr 05
mrvitalis:

The only issue is you don't have the reserve to back this up long term... Can't even last 1 month

How much dollars do you think the government earn in a month?
How much is the forex required to keep the rates at least at the current level?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kenyans Surprised: Jonathan And Crew Visited Kenya With 7 Private Jet [video] / Pic: Nigerian Prostitute Leads Protest For Sex Workers' Rights In Lagos / BREAKING: See What Buhari Did, Can This Be Intentional? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.