Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,120 members, 7,811,146 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:48 AM

Who Can Solve This Maths? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Who Can Solve This Maths? (27475 Views)

Help,solve This Maths. / Great Mathematicians Help Me Solve This Maths Please / Can U Solve This Primary 6 Quantitative Reasoning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Can Solve This Maths? by mukthar2000(m): 2:22am On Mar 28
Wait I will help u solve am, but let finish solving Nigeria problems first .

Ebinnn pawaaaa.

1 Like

Re: Who Can Solve This Maths? by maxzy01(m): 2:53am On Mar 28
what happened to the 1 minus that is outside the bracket?
Re: Who Can Solve This Maths? by akilo1: 2:55am On Mar 28
Who maths elp?waiter one more bottle
Re: Who Can Solve This Maths? by iamtardey: 3:15am On Mar 28
tongue
PropertyBuying:
So Simple grin
I tell am before
Re: Who Can Solve This Maths? by hurumnanya: 4:47am On Mar 28
Winterhaven:
Mathematiciansin the house, Come in and solve this maths.
Your answer is 0.
Re: Who Can Solve This Maths? by Rolings: 5:05am On Mar 28
Cassandraloius:
Mathematics is not for the weak.
But very easy to understand once you grab the basics.
Most maths teachers made it more difficult for people to learn thats why many people find maths difficult to understand

2 Likes

Re: Who Can Solve This Maths? by ogastone(m): 5:25am On Mar 28
How will this nonsense you write benefit you in future

1 Like

Re: Who Can Solve This Maths? by hslbroker2(m): 5:29am On Mar 28
FalseProphet1:
As a prophet, this isn't my calling. I'm supposed to be seeing visions, not cracking my head in this Tinubu's economy to solve mathematics. sad

This I have seen.
lol
Re: Who Can Solve This Maths? by BouquiLake: 5:33am On Mar 28
First thing, WHAT DO YOU WANT TO USE IT FOR? shocked shocked shocked

Winterhaven:

1 Like

Re: Who Can Solve This Maths? by Brunicekid(m): 6:23am On Mar 28
I know many people will run away from this thread... Maths is actually my best subject, even though some people call it their biggest nightmare.😊
Re: Who Can Solve This Maths? by Verbtips(m): 6:29am On Mar 28
Winterhaven:
use bodmas clear that thing jaregringrin
Re: Who Can Solve This Maths? by Winterhaven(m): 6:32am On Mar 28
hurumnanya:
Your answer is 0.
Show us your workings
Re: Who Can Solve This Maths? by osazsky(m): 6:52am On Mar 28
Zero
Re: Who Can Solve This Maths? by rillchritty(m): 7:35am On Mar 28
Thabothabo101:

Please share the steps for displaying this the way it is. I imagine you use latex.

Yeah, I used latex with the Verbtex app, a latex editor for Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=verbosus.verbtex). This is the latex source file:

\documentclass{article}
% Allow the usage of UTF-8 characters
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
% Allow the usage of graphics (.png, .jpg)
\usepackage{graphicx}

\newcommand{\num}{8\times 10^{67}}

% Start the document
\begin{document}

% Create a new 1st level heading
\section*{}

The main idea is to observe that $\num$ is a large number and then use limit. It is known that $\lim\limits_{x\to \infty} \left(1-\frac{1}{x}\right)^x = \frac{1}{e}$. Hence, the expression $1 - \left(1-\frac{1}{\num}\right)^{\num} \approx 1-\frac{1}{e} \approx 0.632$.

Note that commonly available calculators cannot accurately evaluate the given expression. Due to their limited numerical precision, they evaluate $\frac{1}{\num}$ as zero, thus incorrectly giving the final answer as 0.

To correctly evaluate the expression numerically, one may use MATLAB, Octave, or any other computational software that supports variable-precision arithmetic. The one-line code in MATLAB or Octave is: \\
\\
vpa(1 - (1-1/sym(8e67))\^{}sym(8e67), 64)
\\

The second argument (\textbf{64}) passed to the \textbf{vpa} function is the number of significant digits in the final answer. Setting it too low will result in inaccurate evaluation.

% Uncomment the following two lines if you want to have a bibliography
%\bibliographystyle{alpha}
%\bibliography{document}

\end{document}

1 Like

Re: Who Can Solve This Maths? by Ezyp(m): 7:40am On Mar 28
Kay25:
All dis maths never made person rich like dangote noni

But riches man Elon musk uses it to build rockets, smart cars and even satellites
Re: Who Can Solve This Maths? by Kukutente23: 7:52am On Mar 28
Omoawoke:

From the way I asked the question, I’m sure you realize I know what I’m talking about. I know the application of logarithms and exponential. It’s just the way education is being taught in Nigeria. People solve different mathematical equations without knowing the applications
Where in the world is application of logarithms taught
You guys should calm down with this oversabi
It's even obvious you don't understand what logarithms are to be asking for its application
It's just like asking for the application of Ztable or sin table
Re: Who Can Solve This Maths? by BeeNG3: 8:01am On Mar 28
😂😂😂were!
Re: Who Can Solve This Maths? by Mankind2024: 8:04am On Mar 28
Crunchy12:

This is a well behave equation, unfortunately human being are not well behaved. Why?
Re: Who Can Solve This Maths? by Simplemeeeee: 8:29am On Mar 28
ChatGPT

Re: Who Can Solve This Maths? by Looter100: 9:07am On Mar 28
Who maths help
Re: Who Can Solve This Maths? by NairalandGOAT1: 9:20am On Mar 28
FalseProphet1:
As a prophet, this isn't my calling. I'm supposed to be seeing visions, not cracking my head in this Tinubu's economy to solve mathematics. sad

This I have seen.

Prophet no mind these ones wey they show themselves.. shebi na eho don chop bellyful for this Tinubulation go dey crack head to solve jagbajantis oh sorry mathematics!!
Na their type dey wear eyeglasses and use lefthand write for class!!
Re: Who Can Solve This Maths? by jman77(m): 9:28am On Mar 28
1-10⁶⁷*(1- 5/4*10⁶⁸)⁸ Ans.
Re: Who Can Solve This Maths? by skuribeebo: 9:37am On Mar 28
rillchritty:
The answer is approximately 1-1/e = 0.632. I will upload the workings when I get to my laptop.

Edit:
See the attached image for the evaluation
you took it too far.
Re: Who Can Solve This Maths? by Light78: 10:06am On Mar 28
For confirmation

Re: Who Can Solve This Maths? by yemre: 10:08am On Mar 28
The answer is 0
Re: Who Can Solve This Maths? by Kay25(m): 10:32am On Mar 28
Ezyp:

But riches man Elon musk uses it to build rockets, smart cars and even satellites
No lies to that but u can't factor out their environment it aided them the more..no be for me wey drink gaari for morning and evening u come put limit of function to dey calculate my head no go contain am
Re: Who Can Solve This Maths? by Flexible041: 11:23am On Mar 28
rillchritty:

Yeah, I used latex with the Verbtex app, a latex editor for Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=verbosus.verbtex). This is the latex source file:

\documentclass{article}
% Allow the usage of UTF-8 characters
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
% Allow the usage of graphics (.png, .jpg)
\usepackage{graphicx}

\newcommand{\num}{8\times 10^{67}}

% Start the document
\begin{document}

% Create a new 1st level heading
\section*{}

The main idea is to observe that $\num$ is a large number and then use limit. It is known that $\lim\limits_{x\to \infty} \left(1-\frac{1}{x}\right)^x = \frac{1}{e}$. Hence, the expression $1 - \left(1-\frac{1}{\num}\right)^{\num} \approx 1-\frac{1}{e} \approx 0.632$.

Note that commonly available calculators cannot accurately evaluate the given expression. Due to their limited numerical precision, they evaluate $\frac{1}{\num}$ as zero, thus incorrectly giving the final answer as 0.

To correctly evaluate the expression numerically, one may use MATLAB, Octave, or any other computational software that supports variable-precision arithmetic. The one-line code in MATLAB or Octave is: \\
\\
vpa(1 - (1-1/sym(8e67))\^{}sym(8e67), 64)
\\

The second argument (\textbf{64}) passed to the \textbf{vpa} function is the number of significant digits in the final answer. Setting it too low will result in inaccurate evaluation.

% Uncomment the following two lines if you want to have a bibliography
%\bibliographystyle{alpha}
%\bibliography{document}

\end{document}

Did you later went for your PhD? What course did you study in school? Are you lecturing somewhere or on scholarship?

1 Like

Re: Who Can Solve This Maths? by OBTOREPA(m): 11:40am On Mar 28
NameInUse:
I don't like mathematics at all and i so much envy those that knows mathematics. Na like say dem dey do magic with numbers.
Is over sex that cause it.
Re: Who Can Solve This Maths? by OBTOREPA(m): 11:40am On Mar 28
NameInUse:
I don't like mathematics at all and i so much envy those that knows mathematics. Na like say dem dey do magic with numbers.
Re: Who Can Solve This Maths? by Omoawoke: 11:49am On Mar 28
Kukutente23:

Where in the world is application of logarithms taught
You guys should calm down with this oversabi
It's even obvious you don't understand what logarithms are to be asking for its application
It's just like asking for the application of Ztable or sin table

No mathematics is an accident, they all have different applications

Re: Who Can Solve This Maths? by CaptainFM1: 11:57am On Mar 28
Winterhaven:

If it's an objective question, I won't even bother solving it, especially if one of the options is Less than 1.

If no option is Less than 1, and there is "None of the above", that I will take.
Re: Who Can Solve This Maths? by Futureyahooboi(m): 1:15pm On Mar 28
After solving my personal problem, family problems, girl friend problems, facing Nigeria problem and now make I come solve this problem call mathematics 🤔 problem really dey

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Accident Kills Students Of University of Agriculture, Makurdi (Graphics Photos) / Nurse Or Pharmacist Which Is The Best. / ABU Zaria Female Students Missing!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.