Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,883 members, 7,810,389 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss (27275 Views)

My Boss Wants To Date Me. What Should I Do? / Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by Irijosa777(m): 5:29pm On Mar 27
Greetings, I will make it short as possible.
My marriage will be coming up next week. Day before yesterday my boss call me to his office and ask me what do I want him to do for me concerning my marriage. I was short of words, he asked me the second time what do I want from him. I felt humble, surprised and speechless at the same. He then asked me if I have bought my wedding suit I said "yes sir!" He then asked me again "so what do you want me to do for you?"

Since I could not speak he told me to go and think about it. I'm planning to meet him tomorrow.

One mind is telling me as ask much ( since he is very rich) but it will sound greedy. One mind is telling me to ask just as much as I need but then it will appear I wasted opportunity. He is a rare philanthropist, very nice and love blessing people. Working in his company is more than a privilege...

The truth is that there's no nothing my boss can't afford but I don't want to be greedy.

If you were in shoe what will you do?

Please help me push to Fp mod

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by garriAndsugar: 5:33pm On Mar 27
A car wont be bad if you have none

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by soccerlite: 5:39pm On Mar 27
When I saw your tread about Deborah

I just look away

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by CountinBlessins(m): 5:46pm On Mar 27
Fake story and lies. Someone seeking advise is asking for frontpage.

Why so many fake made up imaginary articles on Nairaland these days ? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

98 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by CountinBlessins(m): 5:46pm On Mar 27
soccerlite:

When I saw your tread about Deborah

I just look away

His view was rather unpopular but not wrong totally

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by budaatum: 6:26pm On Mar 27
Irijosa777:

Working in his company is more than a privilege...

Don't ask for anything. Tell him that the fact he has asked you what you want is a gift enough in it's self, and you are grateful for it.

The wisdom of this would become apparent to you in the future.

Hopefully, you've already invited asked him to your wedding next week.

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by AOresources: 7:45pm On Mar 27
Tell him you need to sort some miscellaneous, that would sound balanced..like not asking too much

3 Likes

Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by Phabulous4(m): 8:22pm On Mar 27
He had already given you a headup and budget to work with. He ask for suite and not cow or hall!!! Use your sense! Ask for money for the catering service
Irijosa777:
Greetings, I will make it short as possible.
My marriage will be coming up next week. Day before yesterday my boss call me to his office and ask me what do I want him to do for concerning my marriage. I was short of words, he asked me the second time what do I want from him. I felt humble, surprised and speechless at the same. He then asked me if I have bought my wedding suit I said "yes sir!" He then asked me again "so what do you want me to do for you?" Since I could not speak he told me to go and think about it. I'm planning to meet him tomorrow.
One mind is telling me as ask much ( since he is very rich) but it will sound greedy. One mind is telling me to ask just as much as I need but then it will appear I wasted opportunity. He is a rare philanthropist, very nice and love blessing people. Working in his company is more than a privilege...
The truth is that there's no nothing my boss can't afford but I don't want to be greedy.

If you were in shoe what will you do?

Please help me push to Fp mod

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by Think9ja(m): 8:42pm On Mar 27
Present a list of things to him and tell him to choose the one he can afford

1. Cow
2. Feeding of guests
3. Renting of hall or canopies
4. Drinks

Let him choose any of these 3 to support you

No go do pass yourself o

And by the way, na wedding abi marriage?

34 Likes

Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by hakeemhakeem(m): 11:02pm On Mar 27
Tell him oga I knew you can get me a car but what ever you gives me I will accept it

8 Likes

Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by Fahvvy: 11:09pm On Mar 27
I'm really honoured sir that you would care so much, as to want to play an integral part in my wedding. Sincerely, I am grateful...

We actually do have everything covered for the wedding, so just gracing with your presence will add color to my special day...

This is exactly what I would say to him...
I won't present him with any list...
I won't make any request...
I won't throw any gimmicks to get cash from him...

I'll just want him to come around and make sure to honor him very well if he comes...

74 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by davis51(m): 11:59pm On Mar 27
So what did ur wife to be have to say abt it
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by Laird(m): 5:10am On Mar 28
Just thank him and tell him You are grateful

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by Gadafii: 5:29am On Mar 28
Somebody like me, I am always at disadvantage in situations like this, I don't know how to ask for help generally, neither do I know how to make demands when I am presented with opportunities to do so

If you ask what me "what do you want" it may take a lifetime to reply you, %99 of the time my response is always "anything from your heart is accepted and appreciated"maybe na over humble wan kill me I no understand, or the fact I hate to see my self as a burden to anyone

Even when I visit people and they ask what should I offer you, you don put me for tight corner be that, just anything, even water will do is always my response

So for you OP, ask for something within the price of that suit he asked, or simply tell him you will appreciate anything what so ever from him, that his presence at your wedding is everything that's if you already confirmed he will be there

12 Likes

Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by SmallmebigGod: 5:50am On Mar 28
This kind of question is tricky.
In my opinion: it is best to let him decide. Appreciate him and say anything will be fine.
Option 2. Ask him to make it cash
Option 3. He already gave an idea of what he wants to do by asking if younhave suit sonimagine something within the range of suit money . To aim high Think of range of his own type of suit smiley

6 Likes

Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by madscientist88(m): 6:28am On Mar 28
if you dont know what to tell him just tell him to bless your marriage with a gift from his heart like a father would do to his son at his own will,live everything else to your God, because any sort of request now would sound selfish and might even be a honesty test,who knows? doing this would make you go on the rest of your life feeling guiltless. i mean my dad would have wanted to get me a gift on my wedding but asking me for what i want as my gift is definitely a test, because i shouldn't know what a gift is if its a gift,it should be a surprise,also you are an honest and loyal person so this is an opportunity to place the pass back to him.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by Myrepublic(m): 6:47am On Mar 28
Tell him anything will be appropriated.. If the work don tire you,tell him 50m wont be a bad idea😎

2 Likes

Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by KingLennon(m): 6:51am On Mar 28
Make him the chairman of your committee

1 Like

Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by thesicilian: 7:52am On Mar 28
If I were you I'd just give him a special IV and tell him his presence would mean a lot

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by Jewessgratitud3: 8:17am On Mar 28
Tell him to support you with drinks or one massive cow like the 1.million naira one I saw in a post here.
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by Blacklion3: 9:16am On Mar 28
It's an open cheque

1 Like

Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by Cassandraloius: 10:04am On Mar 28
Tell him that he should give you a house na.😏
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by Kobicove(m): 11:11am On Mar 28
I think you should be in the best position to answer this question since you are the one who is directly involved and you know him well, however, do not be greedy in your request!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Croatian Firefighters Respond To Emergency Just Before Rakitic Played Penalty / How To Look Busy At Work Without Really Working / CISA And CISA Aspirants..come In!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.