Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,815 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss (27316 Views)

My Boss Wants To Date Me. What Should I Do? / Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by ksbusari(m): 2:03pm On Mar 28
Like someone said, you have been given a budget already. Ask for something that will cost the equivalent of the suit mentioned earlier.
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by spartachico(m): 2:08pm On Mar 28
Be wise ... what is wrong with telling him that his presence to grace the occasion is enough for you... must you really ask for something.
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by Consula: 2:25pm On Mar 28
Good Morning / Afternoon / Sir,
I am deeply humbled by your genuine concern towards me Sir, my gratitude knows no bounds.
Sir, I have thought deeply about this and in all honesty I am yet to recover from the shock and surprise of this unprecedented kindness. As a father who have been on this journey long before, I will appreciate any help you deem fit to support not my wedding, but to a young son starting out life in marriage sir.
I am sorry if this is disappointing to you sir, but the gesture alone has left me so emotional that I have been unable to collect my thoughts properly sir, but indeed I will appreciate the support.

Thank you sir and God Bless you.

Irijosa777:
Greetings, I will make it short as possible.
My marriage will be coming up next week. Day before yesterday my boss call me to his office and ask me what do I want him to do for me concerning my marriage. I was short of words, he asked me the second time what do I want from him. I felt humble, surprised and speechless at the same. He then asked me if I have bought my wedding suit I said "yes sir!" He then asked me again "so what do you want me to do for you?"

Since I could not speak he told me to go and think about it. I'm planning to meet him tomorrow.

One mind is telling me as ask much ( since he is very rich) but it will sound greedy. One mind is telling me to ask just as much as I need but then it will appear I wasted opportunity. He is a rare philanthropist, very nice and love blessing people. Working in his company is more than a privilege...

The truth is that there's no nothing my boss can't afford but I don't want to be greedy.

If you were in shoe what will you do?

Please help me push to Fp mod
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by Oseone1: 2:32pm On Mar 28
Fahvvy:
I'm really honoured sir that you would care so much, as to want to play an integral part in my wedding. Sincerely, I am grateful...

We actually do have everything covered for the wedding, so just gracing with your presence will add color to my special day...

This is exactly what I would say to him...
I won't present him with any list...
I won't make any request...
I won't throw any gimmicks to get cash from him...

I'll just want him to come around and make sure to honor him very well if he comes...
You get sense my brother

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by NairalandGOAT1: 2:51pm On Mar 28
Gadafii:
you have given me option to choose from, that makes it easier for me and the person offering

Otherwise, if you ask without options, I will quietly tell you anything you can afford

Besides what God can offer is different from what men can offer, if God asks me what do I want, be rest assured I won't hold back

I pray you don't hold back ooh! grin
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by Harmless1b(m): 2:57pm On Mar 28
What's hard in telling him to do whatever that comes to his mind..
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by pikechukwu6(m): 2:59pm On Mar 28
Tell him to give you some days off work and whatever gift he felt like
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by imagrg(m): 3:12pm On Mar 28
Tell him to sponsor the wedding for you....period!

And if I were you, I would ask for a jeep or a house at Lekki.
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by MrD2: 3:32pm On Mar 28
Do no make any particular request. Tell him you will appreciate whatever he deems okay/fit to give to you. You'll better appreciate it, if it comes in form of cash.
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by Bimpe29: 3:44pm On Mar 28
You must have drawn up a budget for the wedding. Present him with the most important budget line items yet to be fulfilled.
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by Aguogba(m): 3:54pm On Mar 28
Irijosa777:
My marriage will be coming up next week. Day before yesterday my boss call me to his office and ask me what do I want him to do for me concerning my marriage. I was short of words, he asked me the second time what do I want from him. I felt humble, surprised and speechless at the same. He then asked me if I have bought my wedding suit I said "yes sir!" He then asked me again "so what do you want me to do for you?"

Since I could not speak he told me to go and think about it. I'm planning to meet him tomorrow.

One mind is telling me as ask much ( since he is very rich) but it will sound greedy. One mind is telling me to ask just as much as I need but then it will appear I wasted opportunity. He is a rare philanthropist, very nice and love blessing people. Working in his company is more than a privilege...

The truth is that there's no nothing my boss can't afford but I don't want to be greedy.

Tell him , all you want is for him to attend your occasion then do as his spirit has led him. Don't be specific. I repeat, DO NOT ASK FOR ANYTHING. This is a test of character.
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by madscientist88(m): 4:10pm On Mar 28
id4sho:

May you never run out of wisdom
amen thank you very much.

1 Like

Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by soccerlite: 4:34pm On Mar 28
Jman06:
He was very right in that thread. Imagine if a handful of Christian youths had come to Deborah's rescue at the time, it is very likely that she could have been saved.

But Christians in this country are so emasculated and it is getting worse! 'Islamizing' this country is just a matter of small time from the look of things!

Right indeed

You think Sokoto or northern states is like states in the south

Do you know what it looks like to be residing in those states as Christian

If he can't sympathize just ignore, while write an article on what you don't know or have witnessed

I'm not here to open heart wounds, but I ignore personal tread when check the person profile to psychologically know his reasoning thought line
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by LilMissFavvy(f): 4:38pm On Mar 28
He asked if you bought a suit, so whatever you should ask should be around the price of a new suit. You can tell him to handle the drinks.
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by dnawah(m): 5:39pm On Mar 28
Irijosa777:

tell him to employ me grin grin
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by ChengHun(m): 6:25pm On Mar 28
Tell him to support you with money, but don't specify an amount
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by NaBanga: 6:27pm On Mar 28
Tell him that the fact he asked is truly a gift. Although your needs are many, anything he contributes would be greatly appreciated. That nothing is too small.
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by Irijosa777(m): 6:44pm On Mar 28
I want to sincerely appreciate everything one of you for your contribution. I have learnt a lot from you all. God bless you all
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by NemoDatQuod(m): 7:33pm On Mar 28
If it were myself, I will simply ask him to attend my wedding. The fact that he asked shows that you are a good worker. Don't ruin things by asking for anything material. if you do, he will probably give it. But he will not ever look at you the same way.

2 Likes

Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by frozen70(f): 8:08pm On Mar 28
Irijosa777:

If he is that rich, tell him to sponsor a vacation trip for your honey moon in UK or America or Canada

Alternatively, let him sponsor the caterer who will handle the food
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by Sportspredicto(m): 8:10pm On Mar 28
Irijosa777:

please tell me your company so I can apply for job. Please bless me with any amount. Should I drop my account number?
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by Visited: 8:46pm On Mar 28
I hope you see this. Ask him to take you into apprenticeship under him. To teach you how he got to where he is and guide you to become like him
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by Jesusbaby4lyf(f): 9:11pm On Mar 28
Tell him his presence in your wedding alone is enough. Definitely he won't come empty handed, and in your wedding, he will definitely transfer some cool cash to your account. He won't see others gifting and spraying you money without wanting to do something as your boss.
Another way is for you to put him as one of the Fathers of the day, put him on high table and tell him before hand. Better money or gift must drop
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by extremelygolden: 9:18pm On Mar 28
Sir, that your house at so so that you moved out from, I wouldn't mind if you can give it to me, Sir. God bless you more, Sir.

In summary, I will ask for an asset (property), and not a liability (car).

Wishing you marital bliss and successful wedding.
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by Fahvvy: 9:30pm On Mar 28
Sotland:

Nice one. In this case, I would ask not just his presence but that of his friends and business associates to grace my day...

I think you should allow the man to decide whether or not he wants to bring his friends along ...

If you must, then do it stylishly
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by Sotland: 10:02pm On Mar 28
Fahvvy:

I think you should allow the man to decide whether or not he wants to bring his friends along ...

If you must, then do it stylishly

You are partly right.. However, I'd put it in a way that will be pleasing to his ears.
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by Neddyogu(m): 10:49pm On Mar 28
Just say " Boss, just do as u please for ur loyal boi" ......
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by akinbodma(m): 12:47am On Mar 29
Do you know the boss is confused on what he can do to asssist him

He just have to ask for something simple then it’s upto the boss to decide how much he want to support the marriage

My bro, don’t use greediness spoil the reputation you have been building with your boss
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by PropertyBuying(f): 7:07am On Mar 29
It's dicey grin
hakeemhakeem:
Tell him oga I knew you can get me a car but what ever you gives me I will accept it
Re: Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss by okezuoemmanue(m): 12:15am On Mar 30
Tell him u will appreciate him having time to share with you out of his busy schedule

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CISA And CISA Aspirants..come In! / Airport Guards Who Returned Bag Of Dollars, Finally Honoured. Photos / Is NLNG The Highest Paying Oil And Gas Firm In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.