Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,891 members, 7,828,148 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

The Power Of God's Word - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Power Of God's Word (63 Views)

Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself / The Place Of God’s Word In The Life Of A Christian Youth / The Power Of God’s Word – W.F. Kumuyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Power Of God's Word by FrankB1: 5:28am On Mar 28
Hebrews 4:12 says, For the word of God is quick(alive), and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. When God releases the word He releases the power. And the natural/physical realm can't resist the power of the word, you see that in Genesis chapter 1. Everything God said He saw because when He said He released the power. And when you understand that the word of God can do whatever it says and it will do whatever it says for you when you release your faith in it. Take Mary for instance, when the angel came to her and told her that she was going to have a child that had already been spoken by Isaiah hundreds of years before in Isaiah 7:14 when he said that a virgin shall conceive and have a son. And Mary spoke out her faith when she said, "Be it unto me according to thy word." And we know that because in Luke 1:45 Elisabeth said, "Blessed is she that believed : for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord. Didn't Jesus say in Mark 11:23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

And notice in John 1:14 it calls Jesus the word made flesh. In other words the word that is spiritual is capable of becoming physical, that's when you receive it physically/that's when it manifests. 1 John 1:1,2 That which was from the beginning(in the beginning was the word), which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; 2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto uswink. Notice, what the scripture says about faith in Hebrew 11:1, that faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Where does the faith come from, the word of God (it's in the word that comes out of God's mouth). That's what Romans 10:8 says, But what saith it? THE WORD IS NIGH THEE, EVEN IN THY MOUTH, AND IN THY HEART: that is, the word of faith, which we preach. So when you are hearing the word you are hearing faith. That's how his faith is transferred into you by hearing, that's how faith comes. Rom. 10:17 says, So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. So, when the word enters your heart/spirit faith enters your heart and when you speak now what's in your heart(the faith) is released out. And when that happens Jesus said in Luke 6:45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

So when your mouth speaks out of the abundance of your heart you will see outside what you have inside. Didn't Jesus say in Mark 4 that the word is seed and the spirit of man is like soil. So, the word that goes inside is the word that you should see on the outside. Every seed contains something. The Holy Spirit said it's just like when a woman conceives God has made it that the body is designed that once conception takes place growth takes place and the life that's on the inside will be seen on the outside. In fact the inside is working to get what's inside outside to the point where you can't stop it, that baby is coming out. So likewise, there is spiritual conception once the word is conceived in your spirit, when the word and your spirit comes together a growth process begins and the life in the word on the inside of you starts making it's way to the outside. The word is alive, the word has life and we know from Genesis that everything that has life has the ability to produce after it's kind. Notice, in Isaiah 55:11 God said that his word would not return to him void(empty, without fruit) but it shall accomplish that which He pleases. How does his word return to him when you speak it. So, the word when it comes out of your mouth will accomplish. That's because God gave man dominion so those with the authority has to be the one speaking it. Notice, in Genesis 17:4,5 God told Abram that He had made him a father of many nations, but when God said that Romans 4:19 says that his body was dead and his wifes womb was dead.

So, what did God do? He changed their names from Abram-high father to Abraham-father of a great multitude and from Saria-my princess to Sarah-Princess of nations. He got them to speak in line with his word and that word accomplished, How did that happen by their speech and their faith. Romans 4:20 says that Abraham was strong in faith and Hebrews 11:11 says, that by faith Sarah received strength to conceive. Notice, the change came when they put the word in their mouths. The word even says that the word of God in your mouth is medicine to your flesh as in Proverbs 12:18, But the tongue(words) of the wise is health(medicine, remedy, healing, and cure). That word health you also see in Proverbs 4:20-22 My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. 21 Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. 22 For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh. When you speak the word and that word gets in you it will change your body. Like Abraham and Sarah they went from having bodies that were dead and could not have a child to having bodies alive that brought forth a child even in old age for she was past child bearing age. Notice, in Romans 3:3,4, Let God be true, but every man a liar. God speaks truth, but man speaks facts. What's the difference? Fact is basically something that exists, or is present in reality. Hence, these are things that can be seen visually, and these are the things that can actually be verified. It is not just something that you believe, but rather these are more or less the things that can be observed empirically, or by the senses. So, facts can be seen and heard, as well as proven by the other senses.

But truth can be described as the true state of a certain matter. Like in 2 Kings 6:13-17 when the king of Syria sent his army to capture the man of God Elisha. And by night they surrounded the city and when the man of God servant saw them he paniced saying, "Alas, my master! how shall we do" and the man of God answered, "Fear not: For they that be with us are more than they that be with them." Notice, looking at it physically there were only 2 of them standing there against hundreds if not thousands. But, then the man of God prayed, "Lord, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see." And the Lord opened his eyes and he saw the mountain covered with chariots and horses of fire around Elisha. What did the young man see first, the fact(what he saw with his senses). But, after the man of God prayed what did he see, the truth(the actual state of the matter). Notice, doesn't Psalm 34:7 say, The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them. The young mans focus was on the fact of the matter, but the man of God focus was on the truth of the matter. And Jesus said that the truth will make you free (John 8:32). But, free from what? Contrary facts. Which means that truth wins over facts. Notice, 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. 17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; 18 While we look not at the things which are seen(that's the facts), but at the things which are not seen(that's the truth): for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

A lot of times people only identify with the flesh side, but you are spirit. We need to identify with the spiritual side. The word takes you out of your flesh and into the spirit because you have to believe something your flesh has no way of verifying. Walking by faith is walking by the word. And if you are going to walk by the word you are going to have to be speaking. What did God tell Joshua in Joshua 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success. Notice, for him to prosper and have good success the word had to be in his mouth, because the word he got on the inside would make him prosperous on the outside. That's a lesson for us today. God works through his word Titus 1:3 says God manifests his word through preaching. Don't let that word preaching fool you, to preach simply means to proclaim, speak out, announce. God backs his word. In Joshua 23:14 when Joshua was dying it says, And, behold, this day I am going the way of all the earth: and ye know in all your hearts and in all your souls, that not one thing hath failed of all the good things which the Lord your God spake concerning you; all are come to pass unto you, and not one thing hath failed thereof. Not one thing failed. Well, God said I am the Lord I change not. And John 1:1 says, God and his word are one. If his word was good then it's good now. If it didn't fail then it will not fail now.

It is not God's will that any should perish. And I wouldn't want to end this article without giving someone the opportunity to receive Jesus as their Lord and Savior. It's very easy just pray: Dear God- I know I have sinned and I now turn from them and I invite Jesus to come into my heart (Revelation 3:20). He died for my sins and you have raised him from the dead and I now confess that Jesus is my Lord and Savior (Romans 10:9,10). I thank you for saving me, Amen
Re: The Power Of God's Word by hslbroker2(m): 5:38am On Mar 28
Thanks for your words

(1) (Reply)

Maundy Thursday: Know How, When And Why It’s Observed / Joseph, The Accused Rapist – Genesis 39 Vs 6–20 / Can You Love Your Wife The Way Christ Loved The Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.