Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,476 members, 7,816,122 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself (529 Views)

"God, We Take God Beg You, Don't Punish Us With Another Bad Leader" - Suleiman / Former Pope Benedict Is Seriously Ill / The Place Of God’s Word In The Life Of A Christian Youth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by holymike47(m): 5:53pm On Apr 12
Are you always seeking a pastor to help you with prayers? Maybe you have grown to believe that as soon as a particular ‘man-of God’ lays hand on you, all your problems will be over. Do you really understand God’s Word for yourself? Have you taken the time to search out God’s word with the same diligence you use for your academics or business?

Sometime ago, I had a call with one of my friends, a Christian, she was seriously complaining about hardship, poverty, and the enemy, attributing her sufferings to some enemies – wicked friends or evil family members. It seemed to be the norm: to blame difficulty on some ‘village people’, who we believe are responsible for our hardship. We blame them when things are not working out, we curse them by directing most of our prayers towards them.

My question
I asked her: but we are Christians, how come the enemies have power over us? If we say we believe in God and are following him, why do we complain so much about enemies? Why do we feel defeated? Is it that they have power over us whose lives are hidden in Christ? What about our authority in Christ?

I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. (Luke 10:19)

I also know that greater is He in us than he who is in the world.

I really pondered over this conversation. Why are believers always complaining of the enemy? why does it seem we are at their mercy? why do we organize repeated prayer sessions to ‘bind the devil’? why do we sometimes go to church with physical weapons to fight enemies?

I decided to do a diligent study of the bible for myself. I told myself, if I can learn computer programming myself and become proficient, why can’t I study the bible with the same zeal. Why can’t I study the bible the same way I studied in university for my courses, during exams, or during my research project.

So, I decided to create distraction-free time for detailed bible study. I started from Genesis chapter 1. I prayed hard and studied so diligently. My passion grew as I journeyed. With the increased interest and clarity, and realizing the bible is very consistent, I studied almost every book.

Before now, I had believed that the bible, especially the Old Testament, is boring. Someone had communicated this to me by how he always acted frustrated whenever reading the bible. Someone also joked that if you want to fall asleep, just pick the bible and start reading. As simple as this may sound, this is one of the greatest limiting factors people are facing today, people are discouraged from studying the bible, they make you feel it’s ‘rocket science’, or some kind of esoteric concept.

This is the major cause of suffering all over the world because people do not understand the will of God and are poorly guided.

The word of God is consistent
The word of God all through the bible is very consistent. If you sincerely study the bible, you will understand the will of God; you will find the knowledge of God.
You will know that God wants the best for you and is always looking for ways to bless you;
You will be set-free from fears holding you back;
You will understand that the enemy has no power over you;
You will know that God is not interested in your money; you do not need to sow seeds before God blesses you;

God is passionate
God is fervent; He is very passionate, and also patient. He speaks through numerous examples. The easiest way to demonstrate something is through actions and examples. That’s what God has done for us; He demonstrated His will, repeatedly, through numerous illustrations over history. When someone is arguing or twisting a concept, an easy way to know the truth is a question like ‘show me an example or a related story’.

What does God require of us
He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God (Micah 6:cool.

If there is only one role of God today, I will say it is justice. God is a God of Justice, integrity, honesty, and due process. He will never allow injustice to prevail, he continuously oversees these things. Corruption is a primary cause of spiritual blindness, and the reason you may seem defeated.

The LORD detests dishonest scales, but accurate weights find favor with Him. (proverbs 11: 1).

God expects us to be truthful and kind, and to treat other the way we want to be treated.

Do not be ignorant of the wiles of the enemy
The book of Job chapter 1 provides what I consider the ultimate spiritual welfare strategy. Firstly, God described a righteous man:
“Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil.” (V8).

Then the enemy confessed that no one can harm a God-fearing man:
“Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land.” (V11).

This simply illustrates that when you are humble, truthful, honest, and faithfully serving God, you ought not worry much about enemies, nor even the devil, for God himself will be your shield.

For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding. He holds success in store for the upright, he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless, for he guards the course of the just and protects the way of his faithful ones. (Proverbs 2:6-cool

So, why do believers seem defeated
The No.1 real enemies we have are the false preacher and teacher, that occupy every channel today, teaching all manners of greed and lies. They are the ones ‘binding’ most Christians; they are the cause of suffering.

A great sorrow is to be under a false prophet, a fake pastor or a so-called man of God. This is a terrible thing – to be constantly bombarded by lies and deceptions from false teachings. This is one of the greatest limitations in life. This is the main reason people are suffering and never amount to anything in life.

They do not teach the word of God, they know that once you truly understand the word of God, you will be empowered, so they deliberately twist things up to leave you confused, so as to continuously feast on you.

They systematically discourage you from studying the bible for yourself, making it look difficult. They quote words out of context. They emphasize on doctrine instead of character. Their interest is money.
Importantly, because of their greed, they do not teach you spiritual welfare strategies. So, many believers do not even understand the wiles of the enemies, they cannot discern between a wicked man and a righteous man. This is a serious problem with tremendous consequences.

For instance, A popular pastor in Nigeria preached that Job was not faithful in tithing.
Let’s us re-consider this story, although I talked briefly about it before. Job was a man God used to describe a righteous man, in fact, these are the very words God used to describe him:

a. My servant;
b. There is no one on earth like him;
c. He is blameless and upright;
d. A man who fears God and shuns evil; (Job 1: cool

We already know that the devourer, who is the devil, confessed that he could not harm Job nor touch any of his properties. (V11)

Surprisingly, even though this is a very popular story and we all know that Job was only tested, yet it was preached that he was not faithful in paying tithes (someone who God said was blameless). Where was the conclusion or inference that Job was disobedient or unfaithful in tithing drawn from

This is just one of many reasons you should know the word of God for yourself.

Example 2:
Another popular pastor in Nigeria attributed King’s Solomon wealth to his offerings.
This man tried to convince his audience that due to king Solomon generous giving and offerings, he became exceedingly rich.

This was also surprising to me that people believed him, even though the story of king Solomon is a popular one. This king did not ask God for money, but for wisdom, for discernment in administering justice, so God was pleased, and decided to also make him wealthy.

The teaching of today is centered on money, and it’s the major cause of strife, greed, crime, poverty, and the major reason believers seem defeated.

God does not delight in money
The reason the false teachers are rich and succeed in doing what they do is simply because you don’t know the word of God for yourself; Once you know the word of God, it will be easy to spot fake teachings and then quickly detach yourself.

You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it; you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings. My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart you, God, will not despise. (Psalms 51: 16-17).

How do I gain my freedom?

I would advise you to carefully and prayerfully study God’s word for yourself and consider it the best counsel you could ever get;
If you are diligent and commit the kind of effort you put in project research or your business, you will be amazed at your understanding;
You will never regret the effort as it will lead you to breakthrough;
You will be able to easily spot false prophets, who are the agents of the thief that Jesus talked about in John 10:10;
You will be set free from limiting beliefs and strongholds;
you will know your heritage, your rights, and won’t bother praying about things you already have, but instead would be grateful;
You will understand blessed acts: Fear God and depart from evil; Let truth and kindness never depart from you; treat others the way you want to be treated; seek peace; don’t pay evil for evil;

Source: https://godlysensation.com/love/why-you-need-to-take-gods-word-seriously-and-study-it-for-yourself/
Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by AbuTwins: 6:01pm On Apr 12
holymike47:

The word of God is consistent
The word of God all through the bible is very consistent. If you sincerely study the bible, you will understand the will of God; you will find the knowledge of God.
You will know that God wants the best for you and is always looking for ways to bless you;
You will be set-free from fears holding you back;
You will understand that the enemy has no power over you;
You will know that God is not interested in your money; you do not need to sow seeds before God blesses you;

How is the Bible the word of God?
How is the Bible consistent?

Just give verifiable proofs inside and outside the Bible!
Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by Veecruz: 6:51pm On Apr 12
AbuTwins:

How is the Bible the word of God?
How is the Bible consistent?

Muslim, this is Easy na and you already know the answers!

1) Its wisdom is far and above what any man who has read it could ever have come up with.

2) it consistently speaks The Truth, even if many find it difficult to understand and comprehend.

3) it consistently annoys and angers devils because it exposed all their evil plans.
Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by AbuTwins: 7:42pm On Apr 12
Veecruz:

Muslim, this is Easy na and you already know the answers!

1) Its wisdom is far and above what any man who has read it could ever have come up with.

2) it consistently speaks The Truth, even if many find it difficult to understand and comprehend.

3) it consistently annoys and angers devils because it exposed all their evil plans.

All these can be said of many other religious books. Those opinions above are subjective. Do you have any objective opinions as to why the Bible is the word of God and how the Bible is consistent?

Can you brief us on how the Bible came to be what it is today?

Some Bible has 66 books, some 73, some 82, 83 books etc. Explain how it is consistent?

In the preface to RSV, the 50 scholars of Divinity that wrote it accaimed that the KJV has great defects and that's what necessitates the RSV.

And KJV is the most popular and the most translated to other languages!

So tell me how can the Bible contain any truth when even the Christian scholars/writers admit great defects in it!

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by Kobojunkie: 8:25pm On Apr 12
AbuTwins:
You are right that the Bible isn't the word of God since the contents of the book instead point to Jesus Christ being the Word of God, and not the books themselves. That said, can you please expand on the request you have made above? Verifiable proof inside and outside of the Bible of what exactly? That God of Israel is consistent? That Jesus Christ is consistent? What? undecided

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by Kobojunkie: 8:28pm On Apr 12
AbuTwins:
■ All these can be said of many other religious books. Those opinions above are subjective. Do you have any objective opinions as to why the Bible is the word of God and how the Bible is consistent? Can you brief us on how the Bible came to be what it is today? Some Bible has 66 books, some 73, some 82, 83 books etc. Explain how it is consistent?
■ In the preface to RSV, the 50 scholars of Divinity that wrote it accaimed that the KJV has great defects and that's what necessitates the RSV. And KJV is the most popular and the most translated to other languages! So tell me how can the Bible contain any truth when even the Christian scholars/writers admit great defects in it!
A Bible is merely a collection of books that are considered scripture. The collection can be of either 66 or even 4 or more. Why does the consistency of the information in the books need to be dependent on the number of books in the collection? I don't follow! undecided

Additionally, if you do not like any of the translations available out there, you are free to consult the Hebrew or Greek collections for your self. It just seems time-wasting to have to argue inconsistency based on the number of books in a collection — a bible. undecided

Is a dictionary — a library/collection of words and definitions— inconsistent on the basis that it does not contain the same # of words and definitions as another dictionary out there? undecided
Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by AbuTwins: 8:48pm On Apr 12
Kobojunkie:
A Bible is merely a collection of books that are considered scripture. The collection can be of either 66 or even 4 or more. Why does the consistency of the information in the books need to be dependent on the number of books in the collection? I don't follow! undecided

Your definition is deficient. Bible is a collection of books some sets of church fathers agreed upon as scriptures for the Christians some centuries after Christ!

Consistency means: acting or done in the same way over time, especially so as to be fair or accurate.
"the parents are being consistent and firm in their reactions"

2.(of an argument or set of ideas) not containing any logical contradictions.
"a consistent explanation"

How are Bibles having 66 , 73, 82, 83, etc books consistent? God is not the author of confusion! How many books did God authentically revealed through your holy spirit?

Additionally, if you do not like any of the translations available out there, you are free to consult the Hebrew or Greek collections for your self. It just seems time-wasting to have to argue inconsistency based on the number of books in a collection — a bible. undecided
Which Hebrew or Greek manuscript typically contains all the books of the Bible as it is today? No two manuscripts is the same! How many will I look? And is there any full manuscripts of the new testament carbon-dated to 300AD? I don't think so!
So which manuscripts do you suggest?

Is a dictionary — a library/collection of words and definitions— inconsistent on the basis that it does not contain the same # of words and definitions as another dictionary out there? undecided

A dictionary doesn't come with a claim of consistency, being truthful whole and whole as the OP claimed!
And a dictionary doesn't come with the claim to be he word of God!

So this analogy is illogical.

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by AbuTwins: 8:51pm On Apr 12
Kobojunkie:
You are right that the Bible isn't the word of God since the contents of the book instead point to Jesus Christ being the Word of God, and not the books themselves. That said, can you please expand on the request you have made above? Verifiable proof inside and outside of the Bible of what exactly? That God of Israel is consistent? That Jesus Christ is consistent? What? undecided

If you claim I am right then the OP is obviously wrong to have made such fallacious claims!

God of Israel is consistent how?
How is Jesus consistent?

Show us objective proofs!
Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by Kobojunkie: 8:57pm On Apr 12
AbuTwins:
If you claim I am right then the OP is obviously wrong to have made such fallacious claims!
■God of Israel is consistent how? How is Jesus consistent? Show us objective proofs!
Same as you though. Your claim that the book is inconsistent merely based on the count of books in the Bible, a collection of books, is equally fallacious. undecided

2. Objective proofs of what kind? What is it that you find inconsistent about the descriptions contained in the compendium of books regarding the God of Israel and Jesus Christ? I would first need to understand your meaning, wouldn't I? undecided
Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by Kobojunkie: 9:08pm On Apr 12
AbuTwins:
■ Your definition is deficient. Bible is a collection of books some sets of church fathers agreed upon as scriptures for the Christians some centuries after Christ! Consistency means: acting or done in the same way over time, especially so as to be fair or accurate. "the parents are being consistent and firm in their reactions"
2.(of an argument or set of ideas) not containing any logical contradictions. "a consistent explanation" How are Bibles having 66 , 73, 82, 83, etc books consistent? God is not the author of confusion! How many books did God authentically revealed through your holy spirit? Which Hebrew or Greek manuscript typically contains all the books of the Bible as it is today? No two manuscripts is the same! How many will I look? And is there any full manuscripts of the new testament carbon-dated to 300AD? I don't think so!
So which manuscripts do you suggest?
A dictionary doesn't come with a claim of consistency, being truthful whole and whole as the OP claimed! And a dictionary doesn't come with the claim to be he word of God! So this analogy is illogical.
Wait a minute... so rather than go with the generally accepted meaning, we instead argue on a meaning provided by your person? For realZ!!! sad

Let's stick to what is established abeg! I don't know who your particular fathers are in this but the Bible is a collection of scriptures as defined by the dictionary for all.
Bi·ble
/ˈbīb(ə)l/
1. the Christian scriptures, consisting of the Old and New Testaments.the Jewish scriptures, consisting of the Torah or Law, the Prophets, and the Hagiographa or Writings.
a copy of the Christian or Jewish scriptures.
2. INFORMAL a book regarded as authoritative in a particular sphere.

2. God reveals books through His Holy Spirit. Yikes! Where is this written for Pete's sake? Why would a manuscript have to contain All of the individual books, each written over periods some of which span decades? Why must a manuscript account for all of the books before it can be considered viable scripture? I am not exactly sure why you keep insisting the count of books much match when even in this day and age, dictionaries are not expected to have the same number of words and definition counts. undecided

3. Whereabouts in all of Scripture then is this argument, that the dictionary does not make, made? How can it be illogical when you show that your premise remains illogical? undecided
Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by AbuTwins: 9:29pm On Apr 12
Kobojunkie:
Same as you though. Your claim that the book is inconsistent merely based on the count of books in the Bible, a collection of books, is equally fallacious. undecided

How do you define consistency?
How is the Bible consistent when some verse can be here in the KJV and not in the NIV?

2. Objective proofs of what kind? What is it that you find inconsistent about the descriptions contained in the compendium of books regarding the God of Israel and Jesus Christ? I would first need to understand your meaning, wouldn't I? undecided

Is there anything consistent therein?

God becoming man to save people He had been saving without human sacrifice but now with human sacrifice!

What is consistent in the Bible? You tell me!
Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by AbuTwins: 9:40pm On Apr 12
Kobojunkie:
Wait a minute... so rather than go with the generally accepted meaning, we instead argue on a meaning provided by your person? For realZ!!! sad

Let's stick to what is established abeg! I don't know who your particular fathers are in this but the Bible is a collection of scriptures as defined by the dictionary for all.
My definition is correct. The dictionary states the old testament and the new testament. This were determined by the Church fathers! Who collated the scriptures as scriptures? Was it God?

2. God reveals books through His Holy Spirit. Yikes! Where is this written for Pete's sake? Why would a manuscript have to contain All of the individual books, each written over periods some of which span decades? Why must a manuscript account for all of the books before it can be considered viable scripture? I am not exactly sure why you keep insisting the count of books much match when even in this day and age, dictionaries are not expected to have the same number of words and definition counts. undecided
You should ask your church going brothers why God reveals the scriptures through the holy spirit.

In Timothy a verse exists that say every scripture is God-breathed... So which scripture is God-breathed? The 66 books Bible or the 73, 82,etc?

Which authentic manuscripts do you suggest?

3. Whereabouts in all of Scripture then is this argument, that the dictionary does not make, made? How can it be illogical when you show that your premise remains illogical? undecided

The dictionary is not God-breathed! So your analogy remains illogical.

All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16-17.
Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by Kobojunkie: 10:49pm On Apr 12
AbuTwins:
My definition is correct. The dictionary states the old testament and the new testament. This were determined by the Church fathers! Who collated the scriptures as scriptures? Was it God?
■ You should ask your church going brothers why God reveals the scriptures through the holy spirit. In Timothy a verse exists that say every scripture is God-breathed... So which scripture is God-breathed? The 66 books Bible or the 73, 82,etc? Which authentic manuscripts do you suggest?
■ The dictionary is not God-breathed! So your analogy remains illogical. All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16-17.
1. The dictionary does not indicate the existence of those whom you refer to your church fathers so definitely the idea that that which is Old and that which is New is determined by some group you refer to as your church fathers, is not accepted by all. undecided

2. I don't ask in churchgoing brothers since there is no mention in Scripture that one must do any such which you claim before one can gain an understanding of the book and its contents. So again, these assertions of yours are born of a need to argue needlessly about that which is rightly no substance. undecided

3. God-breathed is illogical? Interesting claim since the breath of God animates all living beings including all human beings implying that humans are inspired by God. Are humans by that equally illogical in their existence? tongue
in·spired

1. of extraordinary quality, as if arising from some external creative impulse.
"they had to thank the goalie for some inspired saves"
2. (of air or another substance) that is breathed in.
"inspired air must be humidified"
All that Paul said in his letter to his friend Timothy is that Scripture is God-breath, aka inspired, so care to explain how that is illogical? undecided
Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by Kobojunkie: 11:01pm On Apr 12
AbuTwins:
■ How do you define consistency? How is the Bible consistent when some verse can be here in the KJV and not in the NIV?
■ Is there anything consistent therein? God becoming man to save people He had been saving without human sacrifice but now with human sacrifice! What is consistent in the Bible? You tell me!
1. Am I to take it that your focus is not in fact on the details contained in the books but rather on the standardization of the translation process across the many different groups that undertake the project? I ask because if you really are interested in the verses... the manuscripts themselves have not changed in almost 2000 years and that should suffice. But it seems you are more interested in bickering over what one group of translators or another have done as though to suggest that there are standards they are to abide by suggested in the books when no such exists. undecided

2. So, tell me, what exactly is inconsistent about God becoming man to save people? Who made this Law for God that He cannot do just that? Where you do get this idea of a human sacrifice because the books are clear that human sacrifices are against God. Are you sure you have ever actually read the book for yourself as it instead seems you confuse the lies fed to you by religiously ignorant folks like yourself with the actual contents of the books themselves? undecided
Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by AbuTwins: 11:11pm On Apr 12
Kobojunkie:
1. The dictionary does not indicate the existence of those whom you refer to your church fathers so definitely the idea that that which is Old and that which is New is determined by some group you refer to as your church fathers, is not accepted by all. undecided
The dictionary defines while I did more than just definition!

Anything called scriptures must have been compiled by someone!

2. I don't ask in churchgoing brothers since there is no mention in Scripture that one must do any such which you claim before one can gain an understanding of the book and its contents. So again, these assertions of yours are born of a need to argue needlessly about that which is rightly no substance. undecided
The OP is a church goer and this is obviously his thread which you hijacked the question I specifically asked him! If you didn't butt in there won't have been any arguments in the first place?

3. God-breathed is illogical? Interesting claim since the breath of God animates all living beings including all human beings implying that humans are inspired by God. Are humans by that equally illogical in their existence? tongue
All that Paul said in his letter to his friend Timothy is that Scripture is God-breath, aka inspired, so care to explain how that is illogical? undecided
You comparing the dictionary to a scripture is illogical!
How did God breath into the scriptures?
Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by AbuTwins: 11:17pm On Apr 12
Kobojunkie:
1. Am I to take it that your focus is not in fact on the details contained in the books but rather on the standardization of the translation process across the many different groups that undertake the project? I ask because if you really are interested in the verses... the manuscripts themselves have not changed in almost 2000 years and that should suffice. But it seems you are more interested in bickering over what one group of translators or another have done as though to suggest that there are standards they are to abide by suggested in the books when no such exists. undecided
What manuscripts?

2. So, tell me, what exactly is inconsistent about God becoming man to save people? Who made this Law for God that He cannot do just that? Where you do get this idea of a human sacrifice because the books are clear that human sacrifices are against God. Are you sure you have ever actually read the book for yourself as it instead seems you confuse the lies fed to you by religiously ignorant folks like yourself with the actual contents of the books themselves? undecided

Consistency is that Jesus should be the same yesterday today and forever!

God shouldn't change!

But God changed and became man!

God doesn't accept human blood before

Then he had to kill his son!

Before God was fair and just as the sinners were punished themselves but later God send the sinless to be killed tfor the sins of others!

How are these consistent?
Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by Kobojunkie: 11:22pm On Apr 12
AbuTwins:
■ The dictionary defines while I did more than just definition!
■ Anything called scriptures must have been compiled by someone!
■ The OP is a church goer and this is obviously his thread which you hijacked the question I specifically asked him! If you didn't butt in there won't have been any arguments in the first place?
■ You comparing the dictionary to a scripture is illogical!
■ How did God breath into the scriptures?
1. I will pass on your definition since it makes no sense to me. Scripture predates your church fathers or whatever you call them.
2. Indeed! However, where you doubt the compilation, you can equally consult the information in the manuscript for yourself.

3. I am not the OP, and neither do I believe as the OP does, so generalizing your assumptions regarding the OP's beliefs is an error on your part. undecided
4. Illogical in what sense? Your original claim was that the Bible(a collection of books) was inconsistent merely because all bibles did not contain the same number of books, and I asked you if you would make the same claim regarding a Dictionary(a collection of words, and their various definitions). What is illogical about that? undecided

5. You tell me cause you are insisting now that God breathed into Scripture, something that sounds a lot different from what Paul is written to have said in his letter. undecided
Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by Kobojunkie: 11:36pm On Apr 12
AbuTwins:
■ What manuscripts?
■ Consistency is that Jesus should be the same yesterday today and forever!
■ God shouldn't change! But God changed and became man! God doesn't accept human blood before. Then he had to kill his son!
Before God was fair and just as the sinners were punished themselves but later God send the sinless to be killed tfor the sins of others!

How are these consistent?
1. You tell me since you are the one attempting to make the argument for inconsistency here? undecided

2. Jesus Christ shouldn't change? You mean like when He was born, he should not have grown from a baby into a man and so on -- that kind of change? grin

This is how you know someone who has never in fact read the book for himself but beats his chest in ignorance and arrogance pretending that he has it all figured out.
32 “The fig tree teaches us a lesson: When its branches become green and soft, and new leaves begin to grow, then you know that summer is very near.
33 In the same way, when you see all these things happening, you will know that the time is very near, already present.
34 I assure you that all these things will happen while some of the people of this time are still living.
35 The whole world, earth and sky, will be destroyed, but my words will last forever. - Matthew 24 vs 32 - 35
The Word of God — Jesus Christ(not the body of Jesus Christ) — is what is described as everlasting — the same yesterday, today, and forever. The Word of God is the Word out of God's Mouth — God's Law— and it is an eternal Law undecided
29 Then Jesus told this story: “Look at all the trees. The fig tree is a good example. 30 When it turns green, you know that summer is very near. 31 In the same way, when you see all these things happening, you will know that God’s kingdom is very near.
32 “I assure you that all these things will happen while some of the people of this time are still living.
33 The whole world, earth and sky, will be destroyed, but my words will last forever. - Luke 21 vs 29 - 33
3. You mean the God of Israel — YHWH— changed and became Jesus Christ? shocked But Jesus Christ made it abundantly clear that He is NOT YHWH— God of the Nation of Israel— so how did you come to conclude that YHWH who you are told in the Old Law is not a man changed into Jesus Christ who made clear that He is not YHWH? shocked shocked

I really would like to suggest at this point that you log off the internet and look to spending the bulk of your time reading through the book so you don't continue to make these kindergarten-level errors regarding what is contained in Scripture. undecided
Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by Veecruz: 3:28am On Apr 13
AbuTwins:

All these can be said of many other religious books. Those opinions above are subjective. Do you have any objective opinions as to why the Bible is the word of God and how the Bible is consistent?

I told you people who read agree that they could not have come up with its Wisdom. So, it is not subjective.

AbuTwins:

Can you brief us on how the Bible came to be what it is today?

Off point.. The topic is "How is the Bible the word of God?/How is the Bible consistent?.

Not "how the Bible came to be what it is today?"

AbuTwins:

Some Bible has 66 books, some 73, some 82, 83 books etc. Explain how it is consistent?

In the preface to RSV, the 50 scholars of Divinity that wrote it accaimed that the KJV has great defects and that's what necessitates the RSV.

Off point!

AbuTwins:

So tell me how can the Bible contain any truth when even the Christian scholars/writers admit great defects in it!

The question is "does it contain any Truth!? Or do you deny that it does not contain any Truth?
Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by AbuTwins: 5:26am On Apr 13
Veecruz:

I told you people who read and tbey agree that they could not have come up with its Wisdom. So, it is not subjective.
What people? There are people who read the Qur'an too and say the same thing! So do you agree the Qur'an has lots of wisdom?

Off point.. The topic is "How is the Bible the word of God?/How is the Bible consistent?.

Not "how the Bible came to be what it is today?"
But your so called word of God that is consistent should not change with time. The truth should remain as it was. God doesn't change so also his words shouldn't. How is your Bible consistent if it can have 66 books, 73 books etc? How is that consistent?

Off point!
I don't know why your quick to just cancel out everything I wrote. Seems you don't understand the meaning of consistency!

Truth doesn't vary with time. It doesn't change. It is not corrupted! It is consistent!

The question is "does it contain any Truth!? Or do you deny that it does not contain any Truth?

The Torah contains the truth as well as what was revealed to Jesus. The Qur'an too has the truth! Many books hold the truth! But you didn't prove how your Bible is consistent or anything?

You're just running to cancel everything I wrote up there! How is your Bible consistent?

How does it contain the truth?

What people agree to the truth?
Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by Veecruz: 9:53am On Apr 13
AbuTwins:
What people? There are people who read the Qur'an too and say the same thing! So do you agree the Qur'an has lots of wisdom?

Off point! We are talking about the bible not the quran.

And people have head/read statements from your quran and they immediately show that they are the lust fuelled desires of evil men and they copied the bible and doctored it to their own words to funnel your propanganda like the catholics doctored and replicated the bible to suit their propaganda.

But Off Point!

AbuTwins:

But your so called word of God that is consistent should not change with time.
The truth should remain as it was. God doesn't change so also his words shouldn't. How is your Bible consistent if it can have 66 books, 73 books etc? How is that consistent?

Consistency is about content and not about the lenght of the records.

AbuTwins:

I don't know why your quick to just cancel out everything I wrote. Seems you don't understand the meaning of consistency!

Rules of debate say
4) THE STANDPOINT RULE (AkA OFF POINT/GOAL POST SHIFTING RULE. THE BIGGEST VIOLATIONS ATHEIST COMMIT)

"A PARTY’S ATTACK ON A STANDPOINT MUST RELATE TO THE STANDPOINT THAT HAS INDEED BEEN ADVANCED BY THE OTHER PARTY (You cannot go off point).

So, off point arguments cannot be entertained. So stick to your argument and stand or fall by it.

AbuTwins:

The Torah contains the truth as well as what was revealed to Jesus...

So, the bible contains Truth and you truthfully found no inconsistency in it, so case closed! Thank you.
Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by AbuTwins: 10:03am On Apr 13
Veecruz:

Off point! We are talking about the bible not the quran.

And people have head/read statements from your quran and they immediately show that they are the lust fuelled desires of evil men and they copied the bible and doctored it to their own words to funnel your propanganda like the catholics doctored and replicated the bible to suit their propaganda.
Offpoints right! Okay! Show us the people who claimed the Bible has any atom of wisdom. Show us the wisdom in your Bible now. Hopefully this won't be offpoint when you have nothing to say!

But Off Point!
When you have nothing to say, it is always off point!

Consistency is about content and not about the lenght of the records.

Prove that the content is consistent you'll say offpoint!

Circular reasoning when you have nothing to say!

Rules of debate say
4) THE STANDPOINT RULE (AkA OFF POINT/GOAL POST SHIFTING RULE. THE BIGGEST VIOLATIONS ATHEIST COMMIT)

"A PARTY’S ATTACK ON A STANDPOINT MUST RELATE TO THE STANDPOINT THAT HAS INDEED BEEN ADVANCED BY THE OTHER PARTY (You cannot go off point).

So, off point arguments cannot be entertained. So stick to your argument and stand or fall by it.
Where exactly did you explain your consistency and truth in the Bible since you've been typing offpoint?

So, the bible contains Truth and you truthfully found no inconsistency in it, so case closed! Thank you.
Mr/Mrs/miss Offpoints do show us the objective proofs of the truth and consistency of your Bible?
Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by Veecruz: 10:47am On Apr 13
AbuTwins:
Offpoints right! Okay! Show us the people who claimed the Bible has any atom of wisdom. Show us the wisdom in your Bible now. Hopefully this won't be offpoint when you have nothing to say!

It is heading out of point for you already know that you are a liar in pretending not to know that the bible is truly full of wisdom and here your muslim brother exposes your lies and blasphemy

Re: 40 Words Of Wisdom From The Bible!!! by bholuwatifhe(m): 10:24am On Sep 03, 2017
bholuwatifhe:
Actually am a Muslim but all these words are Very useful & make perfect sense
Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by AbuTwins: 11:16am On Apr 13
Veecruz:

It is heading out of point for you already know that you are a liar in pretending not to know that the bible is truly full of wisdom and here your muslim brother exposes your lies and blasphemy

Re: 40 Words Of Wisdom From The Bible!!! by bholuwatifhe(m): 10:24am On Sep 03, 2017

Okay here is a video of a Pastor reverting to Islam when he say the wisdom in it and closing down all 8 locations of his churches around New York last June 26, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MumA8_WEjUI

He even converted 12 Pastors with him! grin

So the Qur'an sure has wisdom. How am I a liar again?
Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by Antiislaam(m): 11:24am On Apr 13
AbuTwins:

Who is your alfa that's teaching you keewu? The guy must be beheading for leading you astray. So you didn't know that Quran says Bible is an atom of wisdom when you slaves are clueless, useless and hopeless?

Quran 10:94 Irving & Mohamed Hegab  

If you are in any doubt concerning what We have sent down to you, then question those who have read the Book (Bible) before you: Truth has come to you from your Lord, so do not be a waverer;
Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by AbuTwins: 11:25am On Apr 13
Antiislaam:

Who is your alfa that's teaching you keewu? The guy must be beheading for leading you astray. So you didn't know that Quran says Bible is an atom of wisdom when you slaves are clueless, useless and hopeless?

Quran 10:94 Irving & Mohamed Hegab  

If you are in any doubt concerning what We have sent down to you, then question those who have read the Book (Bible) before you: Truth has come to you from your Lord, so do not be a waverer;

Mohsin Khan
So if you (O Muhammad SAW) are in doubt concerning that which We have revealed unto you, [i.e. that your name is written in the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)] then ask those who are reading the Book [the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)] before you. Verily, the truth has come to you from your Lord. So be not of those who doubt (it).
Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by Veecruz: 11:33am On Apr 13
AbuTwins:

Okay here is a video of a Pastor reverting to Islam when he say the wisdom in it and closing down all 8 locations of his churches around New York last June 26, 2023
He even converted 12 Pastors with him! grin

So the Qur'an sure has wisdom. How am I a liar again?

Off point. The topic is not about a fake pastor crossing over to your side and you are a liar for you already know that the bible is full of wisdoms which is why you people duplicated and doctored it according to your propanganda and you people always seek to align your doctored book with our bible.
Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by AbuTwins: 11:36am On Apr 13
Veecruz:

Off point. The topic is not about a fake pastor crossing over to your side and you are a liar for you already know that the bible is full of wisdoms which is why you people duplicated and doctored it according to your propanganda and you people always seek to align your doctored book with our bible.

Just as the one you brought is a fake Muslim too you are using for propaganda!
Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by Veecruz: 11:50am On Apr 13
AbuTwins:

Just as the one you brought is a fake Muslim too you are using for propaganda!

Off point. The topic is not about fake or real muslims/pastors nor about fake pastor crossing over to your side.

So, clearly, you cannot validly counter.the Point. Shikena!
Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by AbuTwins: 11:50am On Apr 13
Veecruz:

Off point. The topic is not about fake or real muslims/pastors nor about fake pastor crossing over to your side.

So, clearly, you cannot validly counter.the Point. Shikena!

Off point. K

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Angelic Vuvuzela ! You Ready? / The Supposed End Of "God" / How To Make A Good First Impression?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.