Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,697 members, 7,820,432 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Help! Ritual Killers On The Prowl In Ilorin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Help! Ritual Killers On The Prowl In Ilorin (680 Views)

Anambra Guber Contest: Losers On The Prowl / Danger Alert!!! Kidnappers And Ritualist On The Prowl In Lagos This Morning / Scammers On The Prowl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help! Ritual Killers On The Prowl In Ilorin by nwaigbomg(m): 1:39am On Nov 16, 2011
Help! Ritual killers on the prowl in Ilorin
From LAYI OLANREWAJU, Ilorin
Wednesday, November 16 , 2011
Yemi Arigbede showing her scar
Photo: Sun Publishing

More Stories on This Section

Residents of Ilorin, the Kwara State capital, are living in palpable fear. They are living in perpetual fear of attack from suspected ritualists.
Investigations by this reporter in the metropolis show that the attackers usually hide in the dark to perpetrate this heinous act.

Their usual weapon is the cutlass. Yemi Arigbede, one of the victims, who spoke to our reporter at the hospital where she is being treated, is in her mid thirties and a member of the Association of Nigerian Theatre Arts Practitioners (ANTP). She is also a producer and has just released a movie entitled Olamide.

Narrating her ordeal, she said: “I was coming from Tanke last Sunday. I dropped at Oro Road Junction around 10.00 pm. A man just emerged from a hideout and attacked me with a cutlass. After the attack, I had severe cuts and blood was oozing out of my head. I managed to run a little, even though I was very weak. The man did not run away immediately. He just went and hid somewhere as I was shouting for help. One man came out, but immediately I shouted again, he ran back.

“The man that hit me was wearing black all over, and he was still a young guy. I saw some cars and cabs, and I beckoned to them for help. But they were all move their way. After a short while one man came and assisted me to a nearby hospital.”
Arigbede appealed to government to beef up security, saying such attacks had been happening in so many places within the town.

She gave an instance: “It even happened some few days ago at Agric Junction here. They also hit one man with a cutlass. I don’t think they are armed robbers. I think they are ritual killers. It appears that they are using people’s blood. At the hospital, they stitched my head.”
Another man, Baba Jacob Igbape who worked at a security outfit was murdered penultimate Sunday at CBN Road while returning from work between 6.00am and 7.00am. The man, who lives at Irewole, along Asa Dam Road, had been buried in his home town in Edo State.

Speaking on the latest attacks, Police Public Relations Officer for the Kwara State Command, Mr. Dabo Ezekiel said: “We have arrested four suspects, two from A Division and two from Adewole. Three of them were found with cutlasses, and one was found with a stick. We have charged them to court.”

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/citysun/2011/nov/16/citysun-16-11-2011-003.html
Re: Help! Ritual Killers On The Prowl In Ilorin by Beaf: 1:43am On Nov 16, 2011
Me and a group of friends were chased by head hunters in Ilorin. They play very sweet music on their drums, NEVER be attracted to the sound.

(1) (Reply)

Richard Branson Opposes The New Anti-gay Law In Nigeria / Politics As An Indipensable Element To The Society / Ngozi Okonjo And Sanusi Lamido Live On Ait

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.