Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,504 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:15 PM

National Awards Committee Is Incompetent - Udom U. Ekpoudom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Awards Committee Is Incompetent - Udom U. Ekpoudom (3542 Views)

National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List / Patrick Obahiagbon On National Awards! The Guy Dey Vex! / The Usa Has Given 105 National Awards In 200 Years, Nigeria Has Given 3,924 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Awards Committee Is Incompetent - Udom U. Ekpoudom by Ovularia: 4:09am On Nov 16, 2011
National Awards c’ttee incompetent- Recipient
on NOVEMBER 16, 2011 · in NEWS

BY CALEB AYANSINA

ABUJA – MIXED reactions, Tuesday, trailed the national awards to 365 Nigerians as some of the recipients said the entire process was a clear manifestation of incompetence on the part of the committee saddled with that responsibility.

Deputy Inspector- General of Police (rtd), Udom U. Ekpoudom, who received the award of Order of the Niger, OON, in an interview with Vanguard in Abuja, noted that the committee did not only make the government a laughing stock but painted a show of ineffectiveness.

He said: “National award is very important and it was televised live, but the arrangement was very poor and I asked myself, if those that were in charge of the programme are for the government or not for the government.

“When I was in the Police Force and I give you a job to do, if you don’t do it well, I will ask you if you want me to succeed or fail.

“To start with, do you believe it that some of us did not get the programme? Do you believe that we are asked to bring two guests and our guests did not have programme?

“Can you believe that some of us could neither get the medal nor certificate? In fact, they make the government a laughing stock and it is not the government to blame, it is the person who was in charge.

“There was a very serious problem, this year. In future, I will advise the government to put it in the hands of those that are very meticulous, to those who are committed, to those who love this country.”

Udom acknowledged that some recipients were not supposed to attend the programme, let alone receive a gold medal, while urging the government to make the names of nominees public for screening, aside from checks by security agents.

He said: “I am in support of the review of the process as said by the Mr. President, before they will give anybody award they should publish it apart from the security agents for people to comment.”

you will see that like somebody say that they give national honour to some people that have not done anything for this country, it is a fact!

“Some do not even know where their villages are not even talk of affecting people’s life, they based in Abuja.

“For me, I will say the political appointees should be given award after they might have served and left, you appoint a minister or somebody and you are giving such person an award, what are you giving?

“Do the job, when you finished and retired, they put your performance on the table and assess it, if you do well, then you are qualified and if you do otherwise, then they drop you.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/11/national-awards-cttee-incompetent-recipient/
Re: National Awards Committee Is Incompetent - Udom U. Ekpoudom by Nobody: 4:13am On Nov 16, 2011
Anything Nigerian is incompetent.

Went with a friend to the Nigerian Union at Orlando a couple of months back. What a huge disappointment. Thank God we had other plans in Orlando. I tell myself, NEVER AGAIN. Same thing with the Nigerian Independence dinner, had to apologize to my Non-Nigerian friends. Humiliating!!

Rubbbiiiissssshhhhhhhh!!!!! Shiorrrrr! Lack of proper planning, no sense of coordination, nothing!

Anything Nigerian, count me out.
Re: National Awards Committee Is Incompetent - Udom U. Ekpoudom by slap1(m): 6:22am On Nov 16, 2011
Beneficiaries of this year's award should also be considered incompetent, and GEJ should get whoever (dis)organized this awards to publicly apologize or tender the apology himself. . . I'm waiting to hear what Reuben Abati has to say on this.
Re: National Awards Committee Is Incompetent - Udom U. Ekpoudom by OAM4J: 6:35am On Nov 16, 2011
In a country where there is decency many of them would be sacked, but I won't be surprised the same incompetent people will be given higher responsibilities tomorrow.

Yeye people, planning to give the same honour Allele Williams received 10yrs ago to her again. Wont be surprised millions were spent to organise this show of shame.

If they can't organise a simple National Award well, how can they organise the affairs of the country well?

Very Incompetent people! National Shame! International Embarrassment!
Re: National Awards Committee Is Incompetent - Udom U. Ekpoudom by Pukkah: 6:37am On Nov 16, 2011
Can you see that there's no light at the end of the tunnel for the problems facing this country?

What will happen to the incompetent hands that organized this wishy-washy award? Your guess is as good as mine.
Re: National Awards Committee Is Incompetent - Udom U. Ekpoudom by doctokwus: 6:38am On Nov 16, 2011
Shambolic! Summarises d country's travails these past mths,just when u thought incompetence could get no worse,somebody unashamedly organises sth like this,what a country!
Re: National Awards Committee Is Incompetent - Udom U. Ekpoudom by talktrue1(m): 9:48am On Nov 16, 2011
The organiser will still receive award for dis organising this.
Afterall Rigim, IG of Police received award despite security lapses in the nation; Joseph Yobo received despite loosing out of Nations cup
Re: National Awards Committee Is Incompetent - Udom U. Ekpoudom by CHIMCO(m): 9:54am On Nov 16, 2011
The country is facing serious security challenges, instead of the president sitting down 24/7 with security chiefs to discuss the way forward he was busy giving National honours!! I m not against giving national honours but it was illtimed. His advicers are not doing proper job.
Re: National Awards Committee Is Incompetent - Udom U. Ekpoudom by mbulela: 10:12am On Nov 16, 2011
I missed the citation for Ringim when he was presented his award. waht lies did they cook up there?

The committee might have been inconsistent but they will be receipients of CON and GCON next year for serving their fatherland dutifully.
na naija style  smiley
Re: National Awards Committee Is Incompetent - Udom U. Ekpoudom by Nobody: 10:16am On Nov 16, 2011
Hahahaha for someone who was actually awarded to complain, It must have really really sucked!!!
Re: National Awards Committee Is Incompetent - Udom U. Ekpoudom by DidiLove1: 10:49am On Nov 16, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Anything Nigerian is incompetent.

Went with a friend to the Nigerian Union at Orlando a couple of months back. What a huge disappointment. Thank God we had other plans in Orlando. I tell myself, NEVER AGAIN. Same thing with the Nigerian Independence dinner, had to apologize to my Non-Nigerian friends. Humiliating!!

Rubbbiiiissssshhhhhhhh!!!!! Shiorrrrr! Lack of proper planning, no sense of coordination, nothing!

Anything Nigerian, count me out.

Boldened text not always true.
Yes there were obvious lapses in the awards ceremony but Nigeria(n)-organized events (both local and international) shouldnt be condemned outright on the basis of that. Let's hope the orgainzers learn some lessons from this flop and put up a better show next time.
Re: National Awards Committee Is Incompetent - Udom U. Ekpoudom by velo10: 11:07am On Nov 16, 2011
Too much embarassment in this government. GEJ is taking this job too likely, he better be more meticulous
Re: National Awards Committee Is Incompetent - Udom U. Ekpoudom by mustspin: 11:21am On Nov 16, 2011
OAM4J:

In a country where there is decency many of them would be sacked, but I won't be surprised the same incompetent people will be given higher responsibilities tomorrow.

Yeye people, planning to give the same honour Allele Williams received 10yrs ago to her again. Wont be surprised millions were spent to organise this show of shame.

If they can't organise a simple National Award well, how can they organise the affairs of the country well?

sack ke, mr president said he has notified them of the complaints about the event. just imagine! only shows he's the no 1 incompetent fool
Re: National Awards Committee Is Incompetent - Udom U. Ekpoudom by Pukkah: 11:29am On Nov 16, 2011
OAM4J:

They will soon vindicate this statement with their next gaffe which is already on its way. More than ever, I'm getting worried about the implications of Jonathan presidency on myself and other Nigerians.
Re: National Awards Committee Is Incompetent - Udom U. Ekpoudom by Kx: 11:33am On Nov 16, 2011
How bad can it get even when a recipient is blasting the awards.
Re: National Awards Committee Is Incompetent - Udom U. Ekpoudom by ninochukwubrown(m): 11:34am On Nov 16, 2011
naija sef funi atymz.dem sabi wetin b national award undecided?d organizas rily fuckd up sum pple neva dserves d award to tlk  mor of d medal, k luk at yobo for e.g z he givin award for failin to guide naija to afcon cuc nxt yr?RUBISH U ALL
Re: National Awards Committee Is Incompetent - Udom U. Ekpoudom by ololo12: 12:17pm On Nov 16, 2011
@ Poster, sorry to derail the thread, I just want to say something real quickly to Ileke

@ Ileke Oh boy, please take that thing out from your profile picture joooooooooorrrrrrr, Shit, I've not been able to eat for 3 days because of that picture lol, That thing irritates the shit outta me
Re: National Awards Committee Is Incompetent - Udom U. Ekpoudom by chakula: 12:25pm On Nov 16, 2011
It was only in Nigeria people could have a good time on Failure! what a pity?
Re: National Awards Committee Is Incompetent - Udom U. Ekpoudom by chuks49(m): 2:39pm On Nov 16, 2011
Failure is our trade mark
Re: National Awards Committee Is Incompetent - Udom U. Ekpoudom by Okijajuju1(m): 3:32pm On Nov 16, 2011
After I learnt Rigim was being honored, I knew that it was a sham!!
Re: National Awards Committee Is Incompetent - Udom U. Ekpoudom by mbulela: 3:52pm On Nov 16, 2011
ololo12:

@ Poster, sorry to derail the thread, I just want to say something real quickly to Ileke

@ Ileke Oh boy, please take that thing out from your profile picture joooooooooorrrrrrr, poo, I've not been able to eat for 3 days because of that picture lol, That thing irritates the poo outta me
damn!!!!
Re: National Awards Committee Is Incompetent - Udom U. Ekpoudom by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 4:19pm On Nov 16, 2011
chuks49:

Re: National Awards Committee Is Incompetent - Udom U. Ekpoudom by Exponental(m): 6:49am On Nov 17, 2011
chuks49:

mbannu
Failure is their trademark.
The saddening part of it is dat Mr Privilegde on a daily basis is displaying is level of incompetencies.

I support vote of no confidence on him.
Re: National Awards Committee Is Incompetent - Udom U. Ekpoudom by talk2keke: 8:19am On Nov 17, 2011
Thanks to my former AIG and Boss,i have always known him to be a transparent man,despite being a recepient of the so called honour,he still complained about the lapses,that is a true leader.Kudos to you sir, Sir U. U. Ekpoudom.
Re: National Awards Committee Is Incompetent - Udom U. Ekpoudom by Pukkah: 8:31am On Nov 17, 2011
talk2keke:

Thanks to my former AIG and Boss,i have always known him to be a transparent man,despite being a recepient of the so called honour,he still complained about the lapses,that is a true leader.Kudos to you sir, Sir U. U. Ekpoudom.

Nowadays when sycophancy has become the order of the day, Ekpoudom actually deserves kudos for speaking his mind.
Re: National Awards Committee Is Incompetent - Udom U. Ekpoudom by CyberG: 11:24pm On Nov 17, 2011
Imagine Achebe makes the entire trip to Nigeria only to find that he couldn't get the medal? Well, now you know some people (like him) can see or feel the future before it happens!

(1) (Reply)

My Egyptian Wife Just Had A Baby And She Is In School. - Sen Ahmed Yerima. / Pics: See Buhari In A Train Provided By GEJ. / Hilarious Photo Of A Nigeria Policeman Turned Slave To A Chinese Man.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.