Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,457 members, 7,812,404 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:51 PM

FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination (24777 Views)

Nigerians Narrate Their Ordeal At Ghana Airport Over COVID-19 Test: Video / FAAN Shuts Down Enugu Airport For Repairs / Man Who Climbed Azman Aircraft At Lagos Airport Is From Niger Republic - FAAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination by francotunsco: 1:46pm On Mar 28
Suddenly, Nigeria seems to be working gradually. Very soon, pure water companies will be closed for not filling their bags full anymore.
Re: FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination by Zxcvbnmghtr: 1:46pm On Mar 28
yewit37486:

Please don't joke.

It's no joke at all. Absolutely not. I have travelled wide and far. A privilege since childhood. I know this too because I have a background in Architecture.
Re: FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination by NPFLADMIN(m): 1:46pm On Mar 28
Good!
I commend the agency for this. Say No to discrimination of any form but I hope it's not because it is from the mouth of a rich man's son.
Re: FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination by CountinBlessins(m): 1:47pm On Mar 28
And the manager just lost her job KFC doesn't discriminate against physically challenged individuals!!

That branch manager is on her own and should not drag the brand name into disrepute!!
Re: FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination by BlackyOne: 1:47pm On Mar 28
Good one, nobody should be discriminated against on the basis of disability.

But na big politician son and that is why the response was swift and in favor.
Re: FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination by plankyjacky(m): 1:47pm On Mar 28
Now that FAAN shuts the place down now . Who will now cater for the right of the staff Na
Life no balance
Re: FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination by mytime24(f): 1:48pm On Mar 28
Why'nt fine them
Re: FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination by Obierika(m): 1:48pm On Mar 28
This is not enough reason to shut down the placeangry
Re: FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination by PayEscrow: 1:50pm On Mar 28
Ya'all know the only reason action is being taken swiftly is because of the background of who was involved. Hypocrites, government of the influential.
Re: FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination by twilliamx(m): 1:51pm On Mar 28
immortalcrown:
Selective justice.

The madness is usually identified and addressed with immediate effects when influential people are affected.

If not the big name of the guy, only the poor would have spent weeks carrying placards on streets or nagging on X. But as a big name is involved, the concerned authority is not deaf, dumb and blind. That is why the KFC branch is quickly shut down, not minding how the closure will affect the employees. If the guy was of a poor background, you will hear, "Go to court". Even in the court, the judgement will take eternity.

You guys always manage to find fault in every good news
Re: FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination by nocodechief: 1:52pm On Mar 28
Good update. All well-meaning Nigerians say NO to discrimination of any kind.

Meanwhile if you need a website or business email, contact me through mail via my siggy.
Re: FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination by Tendd: 1:52pm On Mar 28
Why close the place?Fines, warnings or other punitive measures should be enough.You close an an entire fast food restaurant and make all the workers to be jobless.What good is that?
Re: FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination by Judolisco(m): 1:53pm On Mar 28
seborrhic:
Assuming it was the child or relation of an unknown person,would this same action had been taken?
In Nigeria,once you hear this kind of prompt action,just know it's because an influential person is directly or indirectly affected.
for 9ja if uno sabi person or get money then no find trouble.. Jst dey waka jeje
Re: FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination by immortalcrown(m): 1:53pm On Mar 28
twilliamx:
You guys always manage to find fault in every good news
You manage to attack balanced judgement. Point out any falsehood in my comment.

1 Like

Re: FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination by 247man: 1:57pm On Mar 28
immortalcrown:
Selective justice.

The madness is usually identified and addressed with immediate effects when influential people are affected.

If not the big name of the guy, only the poor would have spent weeks carrying placards on streets or nagging on X. But as a big name is involved, the concerned authority is not deaf, dumb and blind. That is why the KFC branch is quickly shut down, not minding how the closure will affect the employees. If the guy was of a poor background, you will hear, "Go to court". Even in the court, the judgement will take eternity.

I am not in support of what the KFC branch did to the guy. In fact, I didn't even pay attention to the trend. But I don't celebrate selective justice.

I agree with you absolutely.
Re: FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination by Babaibeji2020(m): 2:02pm On Mar 28
Because na big man disability, abi....?
Selective justice πŸ˜’
Re: FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination by mkoabiola: 2:15pm On Mar 28
Some people Will alwys find one fault or the other in any good development

Very shallow minded individual

This is comendable from FAAN
Re: FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination by Raph82(m): 2:28pm On Mar 28
This news com dey sweet me like say I get wetin I wan collect from it. If Nigeria finally begins to work in the right direction, many of these multinational companies go chop koboko Belle full. I see things working again in Nigeria. Irrespective of who is involved, human rights will come to stay and every Nigerian will be proud to be a citizen of Nigeria. By that time, America will not be scared to declare Nigeria as the giant of the black race.
Re: FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination by Kingzjayzee: 2:34pm On Mar 28
All animals are not equal. Some are more equal than others.
Re: FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination by SEGLIZ: 2:37pm On Mar 28
bassdow:
was about to praise FAAN team, till I realize the victim was Debola Daniel, the son of Senator Gbenga Daniel, a former Ogun state governor.

if to say na ordinary poor man, e sure me say nothing for happen
I pity the guy and his condition as a human but still he is reaping from the evil seeds his father has join hand to sow in the land.

1 Like

Re: FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination by lorhema(f): 2:56pm On Mar 28
Namaster:
I like the swift response.

I realized there is an accessibility crisis in Nigeria the day I saw a hospital with stairs and NO ramp.

I believe that our architects require some updating in this area.

When my design showed a ramp for access to the front door (on one side and stairs on the other side), the engineer who was assisting us didn't see why one was needed. Then he decided to switch them and make the stairs the focus of the approach. That would have resulted in a very steep ramp. I refused and took control.

Later, he confessed that when he talked with some of his friends, they enlightened him about the use of ramps in homes.
He said he had believed that ramps were only used in public settings.

Even then, when I had asked him, months earlier, if our new church building design had a ramp, all he said was that a car could go into the building and the passenger would alight! He's been practising for decades.

I believe that special attention should be paid to the issue of building accessibility in the training of our architects and engineers. Even where ramps exist, I find that they are sometimes too steep for safety.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination by malcom1X: 3:05pm On Mar 28
Patented:
they should have been sanctioned, perhaps fined but not shut down. shutting them down means certain people are out of work now. whatever little economic value that was being created by their activities is lost now.

Like say when them fine them Dem go transfer the money give you.
Re: FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination by Onovo10: 3:06pm On Mar 28
Nice but unnecessary.
Re: FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination by LockDown69(m): 3:08pm On Mar 28
grin son of a former Senator, if it was a common man, no one will say pim.
Re: FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination by YorubaKing: 3:13pm On Mar 28
Gbenga Daniel, the known murderer of late Arojo. angry
Re: FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination by seborrhic: 3:19pm On Mar 28
phemmie06:

I carefree whoever it happened to since no name was mentioned.
They have learned in a bitter way
It was clearly stated towards the tail end of the post.
It's the swift response I am quarrelling with,more like eye service.
Be truthful to yourself,assuming it was an ordinary physically challenged person,would they have even (1)responded at all
(2)If they did won't it have taken weeks if not months of outcry from the social media or main press.
(3)When they eventually respond for an ordinary person,would it have come anywhere like closing the facility?
Nobody is saying what KFC did was right.It's even unconscious able to imagine any normal person would be rude or discourteous to any physically challenged person on the street,talkless of one that came to patronise your product.

2 Likes

Re: FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination by malali: 3:21pm On Mar 28
Good Job.

This will fight for everyone.

Next time i am discriminated, i will just shout "Do you know who i am !"
Re: FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination by Nyanabo(m): 3:24pm On Mar 28
Good one. It's should be across board too.
Re: FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination by Nyanabo(m): 3:26pm On Mar 28
francotunsco:

Suddenly, Nigeria seems to be working gradually. Very soon, pure water companies will be closed for not filling their bags full anymore.
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ werey
Re: FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination by VIKTO83(m): 3:35pm On Mar 28
Why are laws implemented faster and better in Lagos alone?
Other states are spectators
Re: FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination by Focusmind: 4:09pm On Mar 28
SMH.....What they did was wrong but why shut down the business? What's the essence of shutting down a business that's creating value? They should have been fined, instead. If it wasn't Gbenga Daniel 's daughter, would they have been shut down? Selective justice everywhere
Re: FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination by Patented: 4:19pm On Mar 28
what has that even got to do with anything??

malcom1X:

Like say when them fine them Dem go transfer the money give you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Residents Scoop Fuel From A Fallen Fuel Tanker At Ekom Imam Junction / Driver Collides With Okada Man In Delta, Kills Him & Runs Away (Graphic Pics) / Lagos Int’l Airport Runway Lights Collapse, Pilots Warn FAAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.