Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,473 members, 7,812,463 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination (24778 Views)

Nigerians Narrate Their Ordeal At Ghana Airport Over COVID-19 Test: Video / FAAN Shuts Down Enugu Airport For Repairs / Man Who Climbed Azman Aircraft At Lagos Airport Is From Niger Republic - FAAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination by Ovoko30: 4:35pm On Mar 28
Poor people can't even be found travelling by air. It's only the rich that travel by air or sponsor those traveling

immortalcrown:
The madness is usually identified and addressed with immediate effects when influential people are affected.

If not the big name of the guy, only the poor would have spent weeks carrying placards on streets or nagging on X. But as a big name is involved, the concerned authority is not deaf, dumb and blind. That is why the KFC branch is quickly shut down, not minding how the closure will affect the employees. If the guy was of a poor background, you will hear, "Go to court". Even in the court, the judgement will take eternity.

I am not in support of what the KFC branch did to the guy. I appreciate justice. But I hate selective justice. Will the branch be closed in the same manner if the affected individual is not influential? If yes, I support the closure. But if no, it is what it is.
Re: FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination by pek(m): 4:51pm On Mar 28
Patented:
they should have been sanctioned, perhaps fined but not shut down. shutting them down means certain people are out of work now. whatever little economic value that was being created by their activities is lost now.

Thank God someone has the same school of thought like me. Closing down the place is too drastic. A fine and apology would have sufficed.
Re: FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination by 7upnigeria: 5:10pm On Mar 28
immortalcrown:
The madness is usually identified and addressed with immediate effects when influential people are affected.

If not the big name of the guy, only the poor would have spent weeks carrying placards on streets or nagging on X. But as a big name is involved, the concerned authority is not deaf, dumb and blind. That is why the KFC branch is quickly shut down, not minding how the closure will affect the employees. If the guy was of a poor background, you will hear, "Go to court". Even in the court, the judgement will take eternity.

I am not in support of what the KFC branch did to the guy. I appreciate justice. But I hate selective justice. Will the branch be closed in the same manner if the affected individual is not influential? If yes, I support the closure. But if no, it is what it is.

It's good that you know. That means you need to work hard to be AN INFLUENTIAL PERSON so that you'll not be shouting on Nairaland looking for 'likes' that will not add any value to your life.
Re: FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination by grandstar(m): 5:12pm On Mar 28
seborrhic:
Assuming it was the child or relation of an unknown person,would this same action had been taken?
In Nigeria,once you hear this kind of prompt action,just know it's because an influential person is directly or indirectly affected.

Despite that, it is commendable that Lagos has a law that protects such vulnerable ones.
Re: FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination by immortalcrown(m): 5:16pm On Mar 28
7upnigeria:
It's good that you know. That means you need to work hard to be AN INFLUENTIAL PERSON so that you'll not be shouting on Nairaland looking for 'likes' that will not add any value to your life.
Your response shows you are on Nairaland for likes that will not add any value to you. Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. So, take your own advice.
Re: FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination by ZaddyJ: 6:04pm On Mar 28
seborrhic:
Assuming it was the child or relation of an unknown person,would this same action had been taken?
In Nigeria,once you hear this kind of prompt action,just know it's because an influential person is directly or indirectly affected.
I'm very sure this wont be the first case the company in question will be doing this . Maybe God has answered the cry of someone they must ve mistreated like this by using the influential person's son to get justice for those they ve discriminated

1 Like

Re: FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination by Calitoscassius(m): 6:33pm On Mar 28
MatrixReloaded:
In South Africa who are you to stop "umu ita" from entering mall. With there haggad look and tartard cloths they walk in shop rite pick anything(snacks) and zoom...
I don't get it, why use "Umu eta" as an example? Are they not humans? Besisdes, not all of them are as you described them.
Re: FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination by Abufo: 7:48pm On Mar 28
bestofnollywood:

Irrelevant virtue signaling...! The bloody toilets in your so called airports are splattered with poop and pee.......and of course have no water! These government workers get on my last nerves!
Re: FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination by SmartyPants(m): 9:17pm On Mar 28
immortalcrown:

This is a very unreasonable comment. Why are you dwelling on hypotheticals rather than appreciating the justice that you claim to appreciate? Which case do you know of that was ignored?? I can bet you won't be able to make a single reference. And does it occur to you that after this incident even those who do not have this mans means will benefit from the ensuing behaviour change? You've become so addicted to complaining that you have no clue when to stop.
Re: FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination by immortalcrown(m): 9:38pm On Mar 28
SmartyPants:
This is a very unreasonable comment. Why are you dwelling on hypotheticals rather than appreciating the justice that you claim to appreciate? Which case do you know of that was ignored?? I can bet you won't be able to make a single reference. And does it occur to you that after this incident even those who do not have this mans means will benefit from the ensuing behaviour change? You've become so addicted to complaining that you have no clue when to stop.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/09/85-schools-in-nigeria-not-accessible-to-persons-with-disabilities-lalu/

https://www.aljazeera.com/features/2022/3/30/nigerias-lagos-life-with-a-disability-in-the-african-megacity

Many physically-challenged Nigerians face similar problems on daily basis. Even the politicians know. But someone like you keep living in denial.
Re: FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination by SmartyPants(m): 9:48pm On Mar 28
immortalcrown:
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/09/85-schools-in-nigeria-not-accessible-to-persons-with-disabilities-lalu/

https://www.aljazeera.com/features/2022/3/30/nigerias-lagos-life-with-a-disability-in-the-african-megacity

Many physically-challenged Nigerians face similar problems on daily basis. Even the politicians know. But someone like you keep living in denial.

What you have referenced up there has nothing to do with the subject here. It is obvious that Nigerian society is not inclusively designed. however, you made the bold and completely unfounded claim that this particular person was only attended to because he is a person of means and that if any other person in a similar situation but without such means had made a similar claim, it would have been ignored. You have absolutely no evidence of such. And all of this is just to avoid giving credit where it is due.
Re: FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination by immortalcrown(m): 10:12pm On Mar 28
SmartyPants:
What you have referenced up there has nothing to do with the subject here. It is obvious that Nigerian society is not inclusively designed. however, you made the bold and completely unfounded claim that this particular person was only attended to because he is a person of means and that if any other person in a similar situation but without such means had made a similar claim, it would have been ignored. You have absolutely no evidence of such. And all of this is just to avoid giving credit where it is due.
Keep living in denial.
Re: FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination by francotunsco: 3:37am On Mar 29
Re: FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 5:30am On Mar 29
Obierika:
This is not enough reason to shut down the placeangry
They probably shut down the place because the Manager could not apply wisdom and defend the customer

If their senior who should know better can follow junior staff and be misbehaving in a terrible and appalling manner, wetin remain? Na to bulldoze the whole place 🀣I am sorry for sounding harsh like this.

That was how one of the pizza πŸ• outlet sacked as in flushed out the entire staff in one of their Nigerian branches from top to bottom (manager to cleaner) when their cup was full.

The problem is that When one staff start bad behaviour, it tends to replicate and spread if not nipped in the bud, before you know it, everyone is behaving in a bad manner.

That is why companies that have sense, have devised many packages and incentives rewards for staff that not only perform their duties well, but also behaves well. one of such rewards is known as SOP hero of the month. The staff is usually celebrated by their pics posted for customers and staff to behold
Re: FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination by Bfly: 6:04am On Mar 29
Just like that
Re: FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination by BALLOSKI: 10:14am On Mar 29
bassdow:
was about to praise FAAN team, till I realize the victim was Debola Daniel, the son of Senator Gbenga Daniel, a former Ogun state governor.

if to say na ordinary poor man, e sure me say nothing for happen
Spot-on!
Re: FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination by Thegamingorca(m): 10:18am On Mar 29
bestofnollywood:

Dd

Hypocrisy of the highest order. I'm sure sanwo olu would later visit the boy as well
Re: FAAN Shuts Down KFC Outlet At Lagos Airport Over Discrimination by Thegamingorca(m): 10:20am On Mar 29
bestofnollywood:

Dd

Hypocrisy of the highest order. I'm sure sanwo olu would later pay the lad a condolence visit as well

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Residents Scoop Fuel From A Fallen Fuel Tanker At Ekom Imam Junction / Driver Collides With Okada Man In Delta, Kills Him & Runs Away (Graphic Pics) / Lagos Int’l Airport Runway Lights Collapse, Pilots Warn FAAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.