Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,474 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

Etteh Requested N98 Million Body Massage Machine - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Etteh Requested N98 Million Body Massage Machine (1209 Views)

Patricia Etteh Decamps From PDP To APC / Exchange Of Blows Over Patricia Etteh / Patricia Etteh: New Speaker Of House Of Reps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Etteh Requested N98 Million Body Massage Machine by hajifaty: 12:39pm On Sep 20, 2007
The acting Clerk of the legislative chamber, Mr. Niyi Ajiboye, yesterday disclosed that he once had to object to a N98 million proposal for a body massage equipment to the office of the Speaker, Mrs. Patricia Olubunmi Etteh.

Let me tell you that a request for a body massager with a cost price of N98 million was even presented to me from the office of the Speaker. I advised that it was not our priority and it was not a legislative business. I turned the body massager request down. And when I did that, they sought my head," he said.

His words: "What happened in this case is not a new thing. It has been happening. Sometimes there are requests by members for sponsorship to travel to the United States (US.) which has nothing to do with the legislative business. But when I turn them down, they will not like it."

http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/news/article01/200907

This woman na real scammer o.
Re: Etteh Requested N98 Million Body Massage Machine by denex: 1:04pm On Sep 20, 2007
Next dispensation, the Speaker will ask for a diamond ring worth N2.6 billion to discharge his official duties.

By the way, there is a body massage equipment for N100 million ($80,000)? For God sake, that is the price of a house, 2 cars and a family along with it.

Though I find the Clerk's word hard to believe, but we've heard enough of Etteh. She must go.
Re: Etteh Requested N98 Million Body Massage Machine by Seun(m): 1:16pm On Sep 20, 2007
98 million naira is about $771,000. That's a quarter of a million dollars for a body massage machine!

We should listen to what she has to say before we start crucifying her, but I seriously doubt her innocence!
Re: Etteh Requested N98 Million Body Massage Machine by Iman3(m): 1:22pm On Sep 20, 2007
@Denex

Its a stressful job being Speaker.She needs the best equipment to enable her carry out her function
Re: Etteh Requested N98 Million Body Massage Machine by denex: 1:24pm On Sep 20, 2007
Jesus Christ you're right! $771,000. That three quarters of a million dollars. Mo gbe!

Which company is going to build such an equipment. Is it going to be installed inside a building or it comes complete with its own 12 bedroom, 3 storey building?
Re: Etteh Requested N98 Million Body Massage Machine by liftedone(f): 1:39pm On Sep 20, 2007
grin grin Ah, massager! You don't know, maybe the equipment comes with swimming pool and sauna and a gym and tennis court and other facilities that we don't know about. grin grin Anything is possible. grin

I'll tell you what it is. These people just sit in their offices and think up ways to siphon money from the system. They think it's still an anything goes government. There is nothing too outrageous for them to come up with. Have you not heard that bottled water for bathing is included in their budgets?

Na hear I hear o. I no knowooo lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Etteh Requested N98 Million Body Massage Machine by chidichris(m): 1:40pm On Sep 20, 2007
why are we shouting as if we do not know how gov contracts run.
the godfathers have their shares, the relevant authorities that will approve the contract will have their shares, the initiators of the contract will have their shares and so on and so fort.
that is exactly what is happening in the gov's contracts.
the woman can ask nigerians to buy her tissue for toilet at the cost 500 million.
Re: Etteh Requested N98 Million Body Massage Machine by hajifaty: 1:42pm On Sep 20, 2007
You can get a good massage chair and other equipments for nothing less than RMB30,000( $4000).Even there are some equipment that cost less than $200. We have to realistic, how could someone request for such huge amount for massager? I tire for this naija ooo.
Re: Etteh Requested N98 Million Body Massage Machine by uchetobi(f): 1:44pm On Sep 20, 2007
*keeping tabs*
Re: Etteh Requested N98 Million Body Massage Machine by doyin13(m): 2:20pm On Sep 20, 2007
Sounds fantastic to me I must say.
Re: Etteh Requested N98 Million Body Massage Machine by Nobody: 2:31pm On Sep 20, 2007
Just got back from a very stressful site Inspection, my organisation needs to get me that type of massager or else i will down tools.hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Etteh Requested N98 Million Body Massage Machine by juliesanto(f): 2:37pm On Sep 20, 2007
This is madness, that woman is mean, she must go b/4 it is too late.
Re: Etteh Requested N98 Million Body Massage Machine by mazaje(m): 2:41pm On Sep 20, 2007
E don be for naija
Re: Etteh Requested N98 Million Body Massage Machine by IykeD1(m): 3:26pm On Sep 20, 2007
In any respectable country, this woman would have resigned weeks ago.
Re: Etteh Requested N98 Million Body Massage Machine by hajifaty: 5:01pm On Sep 20, 2007
mazaje:

E don be for naija

Omo this one past Idan ooo.
Re: Etteh Requested N98 Million Body Massage Machine by Hugoboi(m): 5:04pm On Sep 20, 2007
What kind of extravagant b***h of a woman is this.
Na wa oooooooo
Re: Etteh Requested N98 Million Body Massage Machine by denex: 5:22pm On Sep 20, 2007
This is not extravagance O! This is holding the full nation maga.

In the name of Osun, we did not send this woman on official duty to go and party in the USA. Why does she want to use us to recoup the money?

Afterall, even yahoo boys will first receive first payment from maga before celebrating.

How can this woman catch Nigeria maga, and after she recieve RP she borrowed money to go and celebrate in the USA. Now she wants to force the maga to pay.

Which kain by-force national G levels be this?
Re: Etteh Requested N98 Million Body Massage Machine by pastorking(m): 6:07pm On Sep 20, 2007
Mrs Etteh appeared so sophisticated when she was elected to occupy that post. I for once was really excited that a woman was the one to occupy that seat.
Bretheren, this mess is quite disgusting.
But pls lets give her that "benefit of doubt" and allow her tell us her own side of the story. We need to at least hear from her.
Re: Etteh Requested N98 Million Body Massage Machine by presido1: 7:14pm On Sep 20, 2007
I keep on saying it, when your father sent you to theif you will definitely break the door with your leg,
reason your father is there for you as he sent you.
What do u expect from her?
My People this is just the begining.
EFCC are they not their? maybe they have cut how knows.
Re: Etteh Requested N98 Million Body Massage Machine by Danmasani(m): 10:54pm On Sep 20, 2007
Shit
If madam Etteh really budgeted almost 99milNGN for a massage machine, then we really need boot her yansh out of office with no chance of hearing anything.

There is no massaging machine even in HEAVEN worth that price! Be like say him think say naija people na goats to take for a ride abi!
Re: Etteh Requested N98 Million Body Massage Machine by housespeak: 5:42pm On Nov 04, 2009
wow by the day i get tired of my sick country lead by a dying president and callous Godfathers

(1) (Reply)

News: GEJ Sacks Chief Of Staff (Mike Oghiakome) / Fresh Crises Hit Rivers State - Lives Lost / How Can I Become A Pdp Delegate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.