Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,584 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

What’s Going On Here? Tribalism Or What? (pics) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What’s Going On Here? Tribalism Or What? (pics) (1795 Views)

What’s Going On In Lithuania? / What’s Going On With SA Visa? / Intimacy gadget Found In A Passenger's Luggage While Search Was Going On. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What’s Going On Here? Tribalism Or What? (pics) by NPFLADMIN(m): 10:25am On Mar 29
From the above comments, I finally agree that ond Nigeria na scam. True true.

1 Like

Re: What’s Going On Here? Tribalism Or What? (pics) by 9japride(m): 11:48am On Mar 29
Unclebayo:
I’m a typical Yoruba guy but I don’t think this is necessary.
This is the type of people that’ll come to nairaland and start calling the whites “rac*st” for not giving them an apartment.

📝:You may not face any racial discrimination abroad if you’re not also racist (you can’t be served shit if you’re not a dog)
[color=#006600][/color]

It's just envy and wickedness. I keep asking the question whether anyone has seen Igbos constituting nuisance in their community? But no meaningful reply.
They rather associate with those killing them in their farms and motor highways to a responsible Igbo man going about doing a legitimate business.
Re: What’s Going On Here? Tribalism Or What? (pics) by CORPSEFUCKER: 1:00pm On Mar 29
Na mumu day pay rent for lag when you can buy land cheaper in abakaliki or Kaduna
Re: What’s Going On Here? Tribalism Or What? (pics) by Konquest: 9:33pm On Apr 07
Coolestguy2023:
Go to Festac, majority of the houses built by igbos are rented to igbos only in Yoruba land.
So OP, what the helll are you talking about?
Re: What’s Going On Here? Tribalism Or What? (pics) by Konquest: 9:38pm On Apr 07
DenreleDave:
angry angry

Anambra people will never rent house to Ebonyi man... Enugu man will never rent house to abia man....

Igbo man in Lagos will not rent house to Yoruba....... Even in Abuja, northern landlords are adopting this style of not wanting igbo tenants.

This is not tribalism, it is due to past experience.... My current landlady will never rent house to Igbo... The last igbo guy she tried it with showed her shege and I was a witness to it. She gives her room to other tribes but not certain east people..

Growing up, we have Hausa, Kogi, Edo And igbos in our house.. The only problem the house have was the Igbo tenant.... That one left after so much issue and another one came, this one almost killed the whole tenants. Since then, they never rented to igbos again.... But other tribes full there well well..

So it's not tribalism but due to previous past experience with some set of igbos....

So if an Igbo cannot rent room to his fellow igbo man from another state, u shud not he surprised if others do it to them..

Re: What’s Going On Here? Tribalism Or What? (pics) by HRprof: 9:52pm On Apr 07
Is his choice
I know of a Yoruba man that build house in lagos around Oshodi he said No Igbo tenets , his reasons is that Igbo’s are taking over lagos and unfortunately most Yoruba”s that came couldn’t meet the payment terms and he had no choice than to give it out to Igbo’s.
It will clear the landlord when his tribe couldn’t afford the cost of his rent .
I rest my case
cool wink
Re: What’s Going On Here? Tribalism Or What? (pics) by Konquest: 10:13pm On Apr 07
1Sharon:
Is it that igbos are too domineering or they don't pay rent.
This is an interesting thread. Let me step right into the convo here.

I was listening to a property program on a well-known online radio station beaming from Victoria Island in Lagos 2 years ago and this topic of not renting to Ibos, unmarried men and ladies was discussed with a lawyer and a real estate agent as guests.

A male Ibo caller who was once a Lagos tenant but is now a property owner phoned in from the Lekki axis and stated how he too would NOT allow any Ibo person who is a TRADER and wants to rent a flat in his house because they tend to be uncouth and garrulous, they sometimes don't pay up on time, and last but not least, they have a bad habit of bringing in more people to stay with them in the rented house against the normal agreement with the Landlord and caretaker.

Second, another male Ibo caller phoned in to the live radio program and garrulously said on air that he lives in a house which he built in Lagos and that he would NEVER rent his house to a Yoruba. (I found it ridiculous that he would make that comment on a live radio about never renting to Yorubas while he's living right in Yorubaland, on leased land which he would have to return to the real Yoruba land owners at the end of the lease period while his so-called house would be demolished, and the land on which the house was built would be used for something else).

Third, a couple of callers who were of Yoruba descent also phoned in to say they rent their houses to Ibos and other ethnic groups, but another Yoruba guy who is also a landlord gave objective reasons why some Yoruba folks don't rent houses to some Ibos based on the VERY BAD past experiences from the Ibo tenants (especially those who have recently relocated from Iboland) who have an OVERBEARING attitude and are quarrelsome to the point of taking the landlords to court, and bringing in more than the required number of people to stay in the rented flat or house with the primary tenant. Some were also accused of secretly moving out of the rented houses without paying the balance of their house rents.

So, those are some of the specifics that CLEARLY show that the overbearing attitude and disrespect from some Ibos from the South East of Nigeria living in other parts of Nigeria such as in Lagos, Calabar and Abuja have led this rejection of Ibos from being taken in as tenants by some landlords thereby making things difficult for their other Ibo ethnic kinsmen who are searching for houses to rent.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need A Visa To China / Fiance Visa For Uk Refused On Section 320 (11) / Certification Of Non-availability Of Birth Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.