Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,425 members, 7,836,702 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

Photo: Major Contenders For Edo Governorship Election Have Yoruba Affiliations - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photo: Major Contenders For Edo Governorship Election Have Yoruba Affiliations (2801 Views)

Gbajabiamila Tops List Of Contenders For Tinubu’s Chief Of Staff / 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Tinubu Wins - Obinoscopy / 2023: Major Contenders For Senate Presidency IF Peter Obi Wins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo: Major Contenders For Edo Governorship Election Have Yoruba Affiliations by Odin13: 7:11am On Mar 29
LegendHero:

Abeg which tribe are you from?

As a proper Yoruba guy wey I be, any tribe after Ibo or Hausa after that Ore upward, I no sabi them.

If not because Oranmiyan colonized Edo throne, I for no sabi say one tribe Dey wey be Edo self.

Pure cruise grin
Re: Photo: Major Contenders For Edo Governorship Election Have Yoruba Affiliations by chopnaira: 7:11am On Mar 29
Right.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo: Major Contenders For Edo Governorship Election Have Yoruba Affiliations by chopnaira: 7:17am On Mar 29
aguluobi:
You people are comedians.
Una like to de find all this obidient ipob people trouble sha.
😂😂😂
Dem nor dey hree for anybody

1 Like

Re: Photo: Major Contenders For Edo Governorship Election Have Yoruba Affiliations by chopnaira: 7:18am On Mar 29
LegendHero:

The only way I can go to Edo is when Oba of Benin agree to stop bleeping two sisters.

Until then, there is nothing in the barrenee Edo that I want to go and take.

We Yorubas are reclaiming the Edo crown ship and as soon as we have our son Ighodalo or Akpata on that mantle as governor, we will banish every spirit of Igomidodomidoremi from the Edo palace.

😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: Photo: Major Contenders For Edo Governorship Election Have Yoruba Affiliations by opamoses1: 7:20am On Mar 29
Feldie:
Of what importance is your support? Are you from Edo?
It doesn't matter. There are people that even supported different candidates from overseas.
The message below is for you.
Sapasenator:

It is democracy. Are you this dumb?

People are free to support whoever they want.

Get a life!
Re: Photo: Major Contenders For Edo Governorship Election Have Yoruba Affiliations by opamoses1: 7:21am On Mar 29
ValarDoharis:
This una tribalism has made Nigeria's lack of progress for generations to come certain.
You are projecting. He has the right to support his candidate of choice.

2 Likes

Re: Photo: Major Contenders For Edo Governorship Election Have Yoruba Affiliations by opamoses1: 7:22am On Mar 29
kimjongJezebel:

This is the reason you see all of them doing this almost every day on nairaland and other social media platforms. I used to believe Igbos are bad but I've come to realize Yorubas are actually the problem. Check the way Yorubas are urging the Army to kill innocent people in Delta State because of the recent unfortunate killings of 17 soldiers.

Anyone in SE and SS that doesn't know that these people in SW hate them is a big fool.
Of course you are from the SE. You attaching the SS to your post gave you out. The SS don't even like you, upon all your unity begging.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo: Major Contenders For Edo Governorship Election Have Yoruba Affiliations by opamoses1: 7:25am On Mar 29
NaMe4:
Nothing new here

A lot of Edos have such names and close affiliations.

Na who no be Edo or know Edo go dey vex.

We love fairness, equity and justice hence we rotate governorship within our 3 senatorial zones. It's the turn of the central zone of which Dr Asue Akintunde Ighodalo is a strong candidate.
Barr Olumide Osaigbovo Akpata will enjoy support when it's the turn of the South zone.

You have never rotated. Stop capping. If you had, Edo central would be crying about marginalization.

1 Like

Re: Photo: Major Contenders For Edo Governorship Election Have Yoruba Affiliations by Edeyoung: 7:27am On Mar 29
seunmsg:
Edo is fully a Yoruba land. We are taking back what rightly belongs to us. It’s a Yoruba governor in Edo or nothing else.

The current president is a yoruba man is a trend for them to start getting yoruba names even if it came from their distance ancestors
Re: Photo: Major Contenders For Edo Governorship Election Have Yoruba Affiliations by Edeyoung: 7:28am On Mar 29
LegendHero:

The only way I can go to Edo is when Oba of Benin agree to stop bleeping two sisters.

Until then, there is nothing in the barrenee Edo that I want to go and take.

We Yorubas are reclaiming the Edo crown ship and as soon as we have our son Ighodalo or Akpata on that mantle as governor, we will banish every spirit of Igomidodomidoremi from the Edo palace.

Clown 🤡🤡🤡
Re: Photo: Major Contenders For Edo Governorship Election Have Yoruba Affiliations by Edeyoung: 7:29am On Mar 29
LegendHero:

Edo cannot do that because they cannot reject their Oduduwa ancestors.

Edo is Yorubaland so we are just reclaiming it back with the governorship mantle.

Shinedu will never rule Lagos. Any Shibuzor that do anyhow will be dealt with on Election Day in Lagos. If you like call am Stone Age, we no care.

Oduduwa in your dream that you couldn't defend in culture thread but you came here to peddle lies
Re: Photo: Major Contenders For Edo Governorship Election Have Yoruba Affiliations by Edeyoung: 7:31am On Mar 29
ObiORBiafra:

Yen yen yen. Yoruba man must rule Edo. Edo belong to Yorubas. Yorubas been ruling Edo from ages past.

Haha Abi is the other way round
Re: Photo: Major Contenders For Edo Governorship Election Have Yoruba Affiliations by adamusuleiman1: 7:34am On Mar 29
kettykin:
Now what if edo's replay the stone age ,imbecilic behavior that happened in Lagos by mobilizing against those candidates in support for candidates without any yoruba affiliations, how would the country and the world view them . The might even say yorubas are trying to take over edo state and bring in scorched earth policies against yorubas in edo state.

Truth be told, the devil has no hiding place.

2 Likes

Re: Photo: Major Contenders For Edo Governorship Election Have Yoruba Affiliations by Feldie: 7:38am On Mar 29
Benwallt:

Were you from Lagos when you were shouting shitneydu for governor in Lagos.
I never supported anyone in Lagos but knew and hoped Sanwo Olu would win
Re: Photo: Major Contenders For Edo Governorship Election Have Yoruba Affiliations by Feldie: 7:39am On Mar 29
LegendHero:

Edo is Yoruba territory so I can speak on her behalf.

you should consider coming here to repeat what you just said
Re: Photo: Major Contenders For Edo Governorship Election Have Yoruba Affiliations by saddler: 7:41am On Mar 29
LegendHero:
In last Lagos election, most Edolites support Shinedu Gbadebo to be the governor of Lagos.

We are now returning the support and one of Akpata and Ighodalo must be governor in Oduduwa name.

This will be victory for democracy.

Your bigotry is on heat. Fire 🔥 on
Re: Photo: Major Contenders For Edo Governorship Election Have Yoruba Affiliations by Benwallt(m): 7:46am On Mar 29
Feldie:
I never supported anyone in Lagos but knew and hoped Sanwo Olu would win

Then, you are a patriot. Nigeria will work for you

2 Likes

Re: Photo: Major Contenders For Edo Governorship Election Have Yoruba Affiliations by 2DADDEY: 7:57am On Mar 29
Hahahaha last last na Yoruba man go still rule Edo.
They said cannot vote for Olumide because he has a Yoruba name now this one Omo Akin to tun pada de .lol

2 Likes

Re: Photo: Major Contenders For Edo Governorship Election Have Yoruba Affiliations by MMempire(m): 8:19am On Mar 29
chopnaira:

They are already angry on the internet. This same girl was rooting for Chinedu Gbadebo and Peter Obi in Lagos.

As Edo election reach and they saw the names of the candidates, tune don dey change.

State elections are tribal. Don't stress yourself. Even your hero, Peter Obi, played the tribal card when he was ruling Anambra.
Many people such as this Amber are a big tribal bigots.
Re: Photo: Major Contenders For Edo Governorship Election Have Yoruba Affiliations by chopnaira: 8:22am On Mar 29
MMempire:

Many people such as this Amber are a big tribal bigots.
Many Obidients are tribal bigots. This one below called Priscilia Amadi is even close to Peter Obi and Gbadebo yet she is throwing around tribal slurs on twitter.

2 Likes

Re: Photo: Major Contenders For Edo Governorship Election Have Yoruba Affiliations by seeme2(f): 8:25am On Mar 29
Oranmiyan back!

Its time for them to have a taste of their own piss.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo: Major Contenders For Edo Governorship Election Have Yoruba Affiliations by Slytiger: 8:28am On Mar 29
chopnaira:

Many Obidients are tribal bigots. This one below called Priscilia Amadi is even close to Peter Obi and Gbadebo yet she is throwing around tribal slurs on twitter.
she learnt tribal slurs from GRV, and peter obi of the "Yes daddy, Religious war - church, wake up and take back your country" is not far off in the tribalism and religious bigotry game.

Since the church could not win him the election, he is now fasting with muskims, so that muslims too can wake up and take back their country.

Re: Photo: Major Contenders For Edo Governorship Election Have Yoruba Affiliations by Slytiger: 8:37am On Mar 29
LegendHero:
It’s no news that Edo state governorship election is coming up this year and different parties have already announced their governorship candidate.

The rhetorics out there is that it is the turn of Esan and Edo people are queuing behind Esan candidates.

However, some Edolites claimed they won’t support Olumide Akpata because of two things, he is not of Esan origin, and he has Yoruba name “Olumide” as part of his name.

However, we got to know that Ighodalo, the candidate of the PDP has a Yoruba mother and infact his full name is “Asue Akintunde Ighodalo”.

In lieu of this, I Legendhero who initially declare are my intent of supporting Olumide Akpata is now giving my support to Akintunde Ighodalo too.

Any one of them that emerges in the governorship election will have my support.

God bless Oduduwa sons and daughter
God bless Edo state
Omo. Yorubaness is so strong in Edo that their two leading contenders (One from Edo South with his deputy, and the other from Edo Central) all have Yoruba names.

If a candidate had come from Edo North, he would have likely had a Yoruba name somewhere too especially those Akoko Edo people from the North. 😂

4 Likes

Re: Photo: Major Contenders For Edo Governorship Election Have Yoruba Affiliations by Beazysledge: 9:11am On Mar 29
LegendHero:
In last Lagos election, most Edolites support Shinedu Gbadebo to be the governor of Lagos.

We are now returning the support and one of Akpata and Ighodalo must be governor in Oduduwa name.

This will be victory for democracy.
lol
Re: Photo: Major Contenders For Edo Governorship Election Have Yoruba Affiliations by ValarDoharis: 9:14am On Mar 29
You lack understanding. Go and read his comments again
opamoses1:

You are projecting. He has the right to support his candidate of choice.
Re: Photo: Major Contenders For Edo Governorship Election Have Yoruba Affiliations by Leo34rf(f): 9:39am On Mar 29
chopnaira:

😂😂😂

I'm happy you know noone takes you guys serious anymore. They say when the gods wants to destroy someone they first make them dance naked in the marketplace. Lol. Una reputation don cast.
Re: Photo: Major Contenders For Edo Governorship Election Have Yoruba Affiliations by Leo34rf(f): 9:43am On Mar 29
Re: Photo: Major Contenders For Edo Governorship Election Have Yoruba Affiliations by Leo34rf(f): 9:45am On Mar 29
Slytiger:

Omo. Yorubaness is so strong in Edo that their two leading contenders (One from Edo South with his deputy, and the other from Edo Central) all have Yoruba names.

If a candidate had come from Edo North, he would have likely had a Yoruba name somewhere too especially those Akoko Edo people from the North. 😂

You guys stole everything from Benin kingdom with your lies. I won't be surprised if those names were originally from Benin kingdom.
Re: Photo: Major Contenders For Edo Governorship Election Have Yoruba Affiliations by crixlight2(m): 9:51am On Mar 29
LegendHero:

Edo cannot do that because they cannot reject their Oduduwa ancestors.

Edo is Yorubaland so we are just reclaiming it back with the governorship mantle.

Shinedu will never rule Lagos. Any Shibuzor that do anyhow will be dealt with on Election Day in Lagos. If you like call am Stone Age, we no care.
lol only fools will believe that you are a Yoruba man , Yoruba don’t lay blame to what doesn’t belong to them , we don’t call people land NO MAN’s LAND. Na Edo people get their state and they can decide anyone they want to vote. Nothing concern Yoruba with their state or election. So this your strategy is dead on arrival , smart people can see that you be Igbo
Re: Photo: Major Contenders For Edo Governorship Election Have Yoruba Affiliations by PulaPower: 9:57am On Mar 29
Lol..

Brainless mob would be so confuse right now regarding what to say on this thread..

Una sabi grab them brainless mob for blokoss..

3 Likes

Re: Photo: Major Contenders For Edo Governorship Election Have Yoruba Affiliations by SeeWahala: 11:25am On Mar 29
Edo no be lagos. edolites having yoruba names mean nothing. They dont want to or have anything to do with yoruba

Same way ikwerre and agbor people have igbo names BUT ARE NOT IGBO
Re: Photo: Major Contenders For Edo Governorship Election Have Yoruba Affiliations by LegendHero(m): 12:16pm On Mar 29
crixlight2:

lol only fools will believe that you are a Yoruba man , Yoruba don’t lay blame to what doesn’t belong to them , we don’t call people land NO MAN’s LAND. Na Edo people get their state and they can decide anyone they want to vote. Nothing concern Yoruba with their state or election. So this your strategy is dead on arrival , smart people can see that you be Igbo

Abeg you can miss characterize me as anything but no call me Ibo.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Take On The Beheading Of The Fighter Pilot - Cramjones / Jonathan Wants Me To Be Vice President In An Interim Govt Being Planned - Tinubu / Lagos Belongs To The Yorubas, Not A No Man's Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.