Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,031 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

New CBN Capital: 25 Banks Need N3.89trn Fresh Funds To Meet Requirements - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / New CBN Capital: 25 Banks Need N3.89trn Fresh Funds To Meet Requirements (11451 Views)

Opay Clarifies New CBN Directive, Reassures Customers Funds Are Secure / Bank Recapitalisation: 17 Out Of 24 Banks Might Not Meet CBN Capital Requirement / Do You Have The New CBN eNaira App, What's Your Experience? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New CBN Capital: 25 Banks Need N3.89trn Fresh Funds To Meet Requirements by Nwaokunkpara: 12:01pm On Mar 30
What happens to the likes of opay?
Re: New CBN Capital: 25 Banks Need N3.89trn Fresh Funds To Meet Requirements by hslbroker2(m): 12:01pm On Mar 30
Zxcvbnmghtr:
May this have a very, very, very and lasting prosperous effect on our economy. May it benefit me and my family and all wishers of success.
amen meanwhile check my signature

1 Like

Re: New CBN Capital: 25 Banks Need N3.89trn Fresh Funds To Meet Requirements by Ekakamba: 12:02pm On Mar 30
RecentHistory:

You should actually keep quiet if you have nothing sensible to contribute.

Seriously.
Re: New CBN Capital: 25 Banks Need N3.89trn Fresh Funds To Meet Requirements by safariman(m): 12:04pm On Mar 30
There should not be an arbitrary number for bank's capital base. It should be ratio driven based on so many factors. For a good bank with prudent lending practices whose charge offs or bad loans are minimum, should not have to keep so much in its capital base. Whereas, banks who are aggressive and reckless may need more capital cushion before the Feds comes in to rescue. Capital base is shareholder equity in the company and is supposed to be a cumulated reserve in case there is a run on deposit due to the bank's insolvency.

1 Like

Re: New CBN Capital: 25 Banks Need N3.89trn Fresh Funds To Meet Requirements by adioolayi(m): 12:05pm On Mar 30
Lexusgs430:

Rather than this, they should just merge....... You think if they release shares, Nigerian's would foolishly jump in again........😁

This is just one wey of raising funds
Re: New CBN Capital: 25 Banks Need N3.89trn Fresh Funds To Meet Requirements by Calitoscassius(m): 12:05pm On Mar 30
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Life and it's numerous perspectives. Where some see success others see failure. grin grin grin Your choice.
So 25 banks needs 3 trillion to meet requirements and you personally sees success in it? grin

Good luck!
Re: New CBN Capital: 25 Banks Need N3.89trn Fresh Funds To Meet Requirements by bjayx: 12:06pm On Mar 30
Dem go start to dey shave customers heads now
Re: New CBN Capital: 25 Banks Need N3.89trn Fresh Funds To Meet Requirements by Zxcvbnmghtr: 12:09pm On Mar 30
Calitoscassius:
So 25 banks needs 3 trillion to meet requirements and you personally sees success in it? grin

Good luck!

Yes I sincerely do. Good luck to you too.
Re: New CBN Capital: 25 Banks Need N3.89trn Fresh Funds To Meet Requirements by spiSeyi: 12:15pm On Mar 30
Toni Elumelu game to acquire some banks and reduce competitors in the industry at play as per PBAT padi . With this we might be left with just 5 banks grin

1 Like

Re: New CBN Capital: 25 Banks Need N3.89trn Fresh Funds To Meet Requirements by Michano22: 12:24pm On Mar 30
How does this affect piggyvest?
Re: New CBN Capital: 25 Banks Need N3.89trn Fresh Funds To Meet Requirements by Basicend: 12:27pm On Mar 30
GT Bank has really dropped the ball since that female MD took over.

They reduced in quality gradually after Tayo Aderinoku died, then after Segun left as MD, they have become very ordinary.

Zenith is so useless. They can charge your account to eternity with useless debit narrations. I will close that account.

As far as I am concerned, Providus is the only useful Nigerian Bank to me currently. Since am not looking for credit financing.
Re: New CBN Capital: 25 Banks Need N3.89trn Fresh Funds To Meet Requirements by tamdun: 12:29pm On Mar 30
Sunnycliff:

Like the 90bn Hajj money benefitted u and ur family while pending 5bn student loan
The hajj news is fake
Re: New CBN Capital: 25 Banks Need N3.89trn Fresh Funds To Meet Requirements by Lexusgs430: 12:31pm On Mar 30
adioolayi:

This is just one wey of raising funds

Yes, raising funds for the government..... So the banks should also do what is best for their organisations.......
Re: New CBN Capital: 25 Banks Need N3.89trn Fresh Funds To Meet Requirements by emmyN(m): 12:34pm On Mar 30
Honestey:
Let's all the commercial banks merged together and become one

That's a dangerous ask.
Re: New CBN Capital: 25 Banks Need N3.89trn Fresh Funds To Meet Requirements by routed: 12:35pm On Mar 30
AsabaPropertyAg:
After this Recapitalization Nigeria will remains with only 5 banks. The cbn governor is too harsh on Nigerian banks, from #25 Billion to #500 Billon, 200 Billion, 100 Billion.

It's necessary my brother. This will bring back all their holdings that is out of the market. They are the biggest culprit in this financial mess, they have to get stressed to strengthen it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New CBN Capital: 25 Banks Need N3.89trn Fresh Funds To Meet Requirements by jaxxy(m): 12:51pm On Mar 30
Zxcvbnmghtr:
May this have a very, very, very lasting prosperous effect on our economy. May it benefit me, my family and all wishers of success.

it's called quick fix remedies.
Re: New CBN Capital: 25 Banks Need N3.89trn Fresh Funds To Meet Requirements by waveman2: 12:52pm On Mar 30
This will increase investors confidence in our banks.
Re: New CBN Capital: 25 Banks Need N3.89trn Fresh Funds To Meet Requirements by PaulH07: 1:18pm On Mar 30
AsabaPropertyAg:
After this Recapitalization Nigeria will remains with only 5 banks. The cbn governor is too harsh on Nigerian banks, from #25 Billion to #500 Billon, 200 Billion, 100 Billion.

Most banks would become microfinance eventually...
Re: New CBN Capital: 25 Banks Need N3.89trn Fresh Funds To Meet Requirements by GUNITGuy: 1:25pm On Mar 30
Zxcvbnmghtr:
May this have a very, very, very lasting prosperous effect on our economy. May it benefit me, my family and all wishers of success.
Amen Amen Amen in Jesus name
Re: New CBN Capital: 25 Banks Need N3.89trn Fresh Funds To Meet Requirements by galantjoe(m): 1:34pm On Mar 30
The conditions given to the banks for this recapitalization are very stringent. For example, retained earnings and statutory reserves cannot be included as parts of capital. It is un-accounting to disallow retained earnings and statutory reserves as parts of shareholders fund.

Nawaooo

Let's us see how it will go.
Re: New CBN Capital: 25 Banks Need N3.89trn Fresh Funds To Meet Requirements by Lavor234: 1:35pm On Mar 30
Doing too much too soon. Can't wait for the 7 years to be over. Hopefully everything done will be undone
Re: New CBN Capital: 25 Banks Need N3.89trn Fresh Funds To Meet Requirements by Calitoscassius(m): 1:38pm On Mar 30
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Yes I sincerely do. Good luck to you too.
Thank you!
Re: New CBN Capital: 25 Banks Need N3.89trn Fresh Funds To Meet Requirements by baralatie(m): 1:38pm On Mar 30
Ok
It is for the best
Re: New CBN Capital: 25 Banks Need N3.89trn Fresh Funds To Meet Requirements by baralatie(m): 1:40pm On Mar 30
waveman2:
This will increase investors confidence in our banks.
Yes
Re: New CBN Capital: 25 Banks Need N3.89trn Fresh Funds To Meet Requirements by baralatie(m): 1:43pm On Mar 30
safariman:
There should not be an arbitrary number for bank's capital base. It should be ratio driven based on so many factors. For a good bank with prudent lending practices whose charge offs or bad loans are minimum, should not have to keep so much in its capital base. Whereas, banks who are aggressive and reckless may need more capital cushion before the Feds comes in to rescue. Capital base is shareholder equity in the company and is supposed to be a cumulated reserve in case there is a run on deposit due to the bank's insolvency.
That is why the cbn wants these banks to raise there capital
Just to be on the safe side
Re: New CBN Capital: 25 Banks Need N3.89trn Fresh Funds To Meet Requirements by IMASTEX: 1:55pm On Mar 30
bluecircle470:

Nigerians are always complaining…. It’s for your own good
Don't waste your time on that little kid. He wasn't even born in the days of Savannah, All State Bank, etc. Where people's deposit disappeared overnight, people's sweat/blood, pension, etc.

1 Like

Re: New CBN Capital: 25 Banks Need N3.89trn Fresh Funds To Meet Requirements by Codes151(m): 1:58pm On Mar 30
AsabaPropertyAg:

listen to yourself. Cbn is too harsh?
Have you paid Mastercard dues or levy before? How much is that in 12 months?

Una just they talk.

CBN in the first time is actually making good policies.

Next is to assess everyone at CBN for competence and sack the incompetent ones.
Re: New CBN Capital: 25 Banks Need N3.89trn Fresh Funds To Meet Requirements by starstaz(m): 1:59pm On Mar 30
This is a typical Nigeria scenario::::

The politicians and crook financial officer in government and private sector used biro to spoil, soiled and pillage the economy by adding zeros to inflated contract and other means such as money laundering as well as opaque financial transactions like round tripping etc etc

The sequale of misappropriation of public funds and wastages of scarce resources has finally brought down the economy to his knees. Particularly the Banking community that serve as conduits pipe for this malfeasance. Now the chicken has come home for roasting .

There is no pity for the banking community cos they were hand in gloves to annihilate our thriving economy, they were thinking they are the smartest by doing cover up for corrupt politicians.

They better look for the money the CBN is asking for if they so wish to keep their status as market leader. Finally, if and when this recapitalization exercise goes through, I do hope the banking community will follow the law by reporting dubious money movement to NFIU for the sole purpose of financial sanitization.

1 Like

Re: New CBN Capital: 25 Banks Need N3.89trn Fresh Funds To Meet Requirements by IMASTEX: 2:06pm On Mar 30
RecentHistory:

You should actually keep quiet if you have nothing sensible to contribute.
He/she is obviously a primary school dropout. You can tell from their comments on issues they have zero knowledge about. They prefer learning the hard way, imagine the 2k he/she has in the bank can't be withdrawn because the bank has liquidity problems. grin grin
He/she wasn't born in the days of Savannah Bank grin grin
Re: New CBN Capital: 25 Banks Need N3.89trn Fresh Funds To Meet Requirements by Elobolo: 2:51pm On Mar 30
Zxcvbnmghtr:

People like you will live long to witness Nigeria move from where it is now to a booming economy.... God bless you for the positive words
Re: New CBN Capital: 25 Banks Need N3.89trn Fresh Funds To Meet Requirements by Zxcvbnmghtr: 2:57pm On Mar 30
Elobolo:

People like you will live long to witness Nigeria move from where it is now to a booming economy.... God bless you for the positive words

And you too.
Re: New CBN Capital: 25 Banks Need N3.89trn Fresh Funds To Meet Requirements by Inosky(m): 3:56pm On Mar 30
I'm seeing massive layoffs and mergers soon.
Many bank owners will try to increase shares and bank marketers to source for big investors to capitalize but may fail because the money will too much.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BABZ LOUNGE In Yola Gutted By Fire (Photos) / Nigerians In America Let Share Experience Here Must Be 10 Years Or Older Experie / FUTA VC Fuwape Receives Oluwadunsin Bolaji, Tony Elumelu Foundation Award Winner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.