Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,624 members, 7,816,571 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

The Blood Bank Fraud At LASUTH By Lola Okunrin - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Blood Bank Fraud At LASUTH By Lola Okunrin (20328 Views)

Lagos Mobile Blood Bank Vehicle (Pictures) / Check Pathology Department Of LASUTH If You Are Looking For You Loved Ones / 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Blood Bank Fraud At LASUTH By Lola Okunrin by sammiewrite(m): 12:10pm On Mar 30
"When it hits close to home..." It did for me going ten years now when my uncle was admitted in their facility for a head injury and till date he is still unaccounted for. All his son (my cousin) got were death treats from a certain strange number telling him to desist from pursuing the case. Also, since this incidence, I have read about two cases of missing organs from this same Lasuth here on Nairaland and the interesting is, this is the last we are going to hear of this case!
Until the people with power decided to investigate and prosecute the cartel in this hospital, avoid it for yourself and loved ones.
Re: The Blood Bank Fraud At LASUTH By Lola Okunrin by Kenosky1: 12:12pm On Mar 30
nlfpmod:

Lola Okunrin

Not only in LASUTH, it happens in 99 percent of the teaching hospitals in Nigeria. My deliveres through CS and with three children I have never recovered a drop of blood.
Those people de drink blood aswear sad
Re: The Blood Bank Fraud At LASUTH By Lola Okunrin by Dimaya: 12:13pm On Mar 30
nlfpmod:

Lola Okunrin

All I see is ignorance. People don't realise that donated blood expires after 35 days of refrigeration.

If you donate blood and it is over a month, your blood isn't useful again. Hospital labs need to better educate patients and their relatives to avoid all these insults.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Blood Bank Fraud At LASUTH By Lola Okunrin by folake4u(f): 12:17pm On Mar 30
Tallesty1:
Wait, you donated blood needed and still paid extra money, for what?

Yes oh.

They said for screening and miscellaneous. grin

1 Like

Re: The Blood Bank Fraud At LASUTH By Lola Okunrin by Olatara(f): 12:20pm On Mar 30
Catsofnaija:

They done throw blood away, small sample will be tested before bleeding
You dey mind that one, you will be tested before any blood is taken out.
Re: The Blood Bank Fraud At LASUTH By Lola Okunrin by NoToPile: 12:22pm On Mar 30
Dimaya:

All I see is ignorance. People don't realise that donated blood expires after 35 days of refrigeration.

If you donate blood and it is over a month, your blood isn't useful again. Hospital labs need to better educate patients and their relatives to avoid all these insults.

People need to be enlightened more because a lot of people don't even understand all these you are saying,

Lots don't even understand why they are paying when they need the blood. Some know it's screening fee because they were told at some point, most feel they are being cheated.
Those that work in blood banks should speak up.

Lots don't understand that blood expires too.

I just belive the solution is if there's excess supply of blood all this won't happen. It's because it's scarce.

1 Like

Re: The Blood Bank Fraud At LASUTH By Lola Okunrin by 3kay945(m): 12:22pm On Mar 30
harjay1986:

Voluntary they get it but it must be sold... I remember when my wife put to bed She's A- while am A + so I have to look for donor or buy.... after the birth, no blood was used and then I ask where is the blood I donate they cajole me to let that go since my wife and kid are okay, me I give them a warning that if the blood is giving to anybody and that person pay again for it the blood will misbehave on such patient but if they give the person free of charge then everything will be normal

You are funny. Your blood won't *misbehave* in someone who share same group.
Let's assume your curse come to pass, don't you know it is the patient that will die So what's your point?! undecided

1 Like

Re: The Blood Bank Fraud At LASUTH By Lola Okunrin by YesDaddyTill203: 12:26pm On Mar 30
robinso01:
This is typical of Nigerians, corruption runs in our blood, but we only blame the government for everything.

Government is not responsible for everything wrong in this country, public members are also part

it's very convenient and easy to blame the govt. Even the person blaming the govt is also a crook at his place of work but he doesn't see himself as part of the problem. That's the Nigerian quagmire for you. Almost everyone is a crook but they only see politicians as thieves and not themselves even though they are also involved in thievery at some level.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Blood Bank Fraud At LASUTH By Lola Okunrin by descarado: 12:27pm On Mar 30
wolebest:

Bros because you donate blood no mean say you no go pay for blood Abeg no risk you person life.

That's why they call it Blood Donation!!!

I had a situation back in the days where I donated blood but the patient I took to the hospital used over 13 packs of 2 pints of blood to recover after surgery.

Pray that mercy of God speaks for your sick ones, because at times you will spend all the money only to loose them.

So if your loved ones recover in the hospital, just be happy and hope you will not have such traumatic event again.
You are spewing gibberish

It does not take anything to recover from surgery unless an incompetent doctor worked on you.
There are surgeries one need blood to start with but not most of these surgeries need blood.
They make you guys to believe nonsense. Its no rocket science
Re: The Blood Bank Fraud At LASUTH By Lola Okunrin by afrodoc2: 12:27pm On Mar 30
The blood bank people are irunmale. Not even the most senior doctors can challenge them on those practices. This has been going on for decades.

1 Like

Re: The Blood Bank Fraud At LASUTH By Lola Okunrin by Psady(m): 12:31pm On Mar 30
Naso after donating blood earlier ,one yeye lab attendant was giving me a list of contacts to call for blood to buy. Only The look for my face sent that signal that bros dey vex oo! Na him com dey ask ' U donate blood before?
Re: The Blood Bank Fraud At LASUTH By Lola Okunrin by descarado: 12:34pm On Mar 30
dominique:

That private blood bank buys blood from general hospitals who mandates that husbands or relatives of pregnant women donate blood as a prerequisite for antenatal registration. When I was pregnant withy first child, my husband was made to donate blood at the GH we registered in and I ended up not giving birth there meaning we've dashed them the blood. When someone I know gave birth at GH and had to be transfused with blood, she said they had to buy blood. I asked how come, didn't her husband donate blood? She said they donated but they were still charged. This was as far back as 2011/2012. They need to explain to us what they do with the thousands of pints they collect from patients who don't eventually use it.
They sell it.

I once had blood transfusion after 2 days after cs and it was because my blood level was so low months before the cs. Had a dizzy episode and my husband was told to donate and his blood was used. We were matched. End of tory.

In most developed countries, govt appeal to people to donate blood.
WHO recommended that blood donation should be voluntary. But in naija, you will be coaxed to do it.
The only thing we ever get right is making Nigerian dishes.

1 Like

Re: The Blood Bank Fraud At LASUTH By Lola Okunrin by OvertheTop(m): 12:36pm On Mar 30
Roboto11:
This matter requires serious action.

Is this on Twitter yet?

Lets Make it Trend on Twitter....
Quickly, it will be addressed.
Believe me

This is so terrible

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Blood Bank Fraud At LASUTH By Lola Okunrin by descarado: 12:37pm On Mar 30
YesDaddyTill203:

it's very convenient and easy to blame the govt. Even the person blaming the govt is also a crook at his place of work but he doesn't see himself as part of the problem. That's the Nigerian quagmire for you. Almost everyone is a crook but they only see politicians as thieves and not themselves even though they are also involved in thievery at some level.
The knife is with the govt. We have the law but weak institution. Exactly what Jonathan said yrs ago.
Strong institution is what builds any country.
Re: The Blood Bank Fraud At LASUTH By Lola Okunrin by Havesomesense(m): 12:37pm On Mar 30
tonygalaxy:
It also happened to me personally.. my wife was admitted on emergency ward.. A and E ward for an Emergency C-S . We got admitted. I was asked to 1st go to blood bank to donate 2 pints of blood.. it was hectic 😳 getting a donor.. I cried for help and one guy promised to help me get a donor. At 20k per pint.. After donating and getting an acknowledgement receipt.. when the time reached for me get the blood I donated from LUTH. LASUTH BLOOD BANK. IT WAS SERIES OF ONE FIGHT TO ANOTHER..
Lastly thank to God Almighty my wife came out from LUTH alive.. it was a very bad experience and we lost the twins.. to cut everything short...... [color=#990000][/color]
I have even some videos of the recorded arguments I have with them ..

Get a good lawyer, you can talk to higestpromoton.
Re: The Blood Bank Fraud At LASUTH By Lola Okunrin by PROPEACE: 12:38pm On Mar 30
nairalanda1:
A problem exacerbated by the fact that we don't have a efficient blood banking system plus people are not willing to donate blood freely, it must always be at the last minute or for some money
People are not willing to donate blood freely? Did you read the post?
Re: The Blood Bank Fraud At LASUTH By Lola Okunrin by beardedboy(m): 12:38pm On Mar 30
nairalanda1:
A problem exacerbated by the fact that we don't have a efficient blood banking system plus people are not willing to donate blood freely, it must always be at the last minute or for some money
1. We have a functioning blood banking system. It's most likely not perfect but it's functioning. Else, why would our health facilities be asking for and taking blood donations if they really have no bank to store it.

2. Hundreds of thousands of Nigerians donate blood monthly. When I was in school almost every religious and social organisation included blood donation in their programs. They get donations.
Re: The Blood Bank Fraud At LASUTH By Lola Okunrin by OvertheTop(m): 12:39pm On Mar 30
nlfpmod:

Lola Okunrin

Put this Important information On Twitter....
It will be Addressed!!
Re: The Blood Bank Fraud At LASUTH By Lola Okunrin by Kosoco(m): 12:39pm On Mar 30
Some will even mix the the blood with Saline to dilute 1pint into 2... shocked shocked cool
Re: The Blood Bank Fraud At LASUTH By Lola Okunrin by AmuDimpka: 12:41pm On Mar 30
Zwooks:
grin Nigerians will always find a way to beat the system. When do we talk about cemetry space fraud ? The frayd at FRSC is almost never detected. Thise ones will take you to the office, make you oay to an office. They even have designated account numbers and lots of POS operatirs around them for the sake of obtaining. At the end of the day, na wash. Tbey get 30 billion, they declare 21 billion to FG amd share the rest. Untraceable, no audits

And you think Nigeria isnt a failed nation, dey play
don't call Nigerians....Lagos people have a way of allowing touts and tugs to run their things ...

Don't call Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: The Blood Bank Fraud At LASUTH By Lola Okunrin by 1Sharon(f): 12:45pm On Mar 30
Why isn't blood donation in Nigeria free?

They need to make a policy, if you don't donate blood, don't expect to receive either !
Re: The Blood Bank Fraud At LASUTH By Lola Okunrin by nairalanda1(m): 12:48pm On Mar 30
beardedboy:

1. We have a functioning blood banking system. It's most likely not perfect but it's functioning. Else, why would our health facilities be asking for and taking blood donations if they really have no bank to store it.

2. Hundreds of thousands of Nigerians donate blood monthly. When I was in school almost every religious and social organisation included blood donation in their programs. They get donations.

Well, it is one thing to donate blood, it is another to have enough, or to have it equitably distributed.

There is a scarcity, by the way...

With approximately 200 million people, Nigeria needs an estimated 1.8 million units of blood annually, but voluntary non-remunerated blood donation accounts for only 10% of total blood collection in the country.

Data from the NBSC states that Nigeria collects only 500,000 pints of blood annually from voluntary blood donors, leaving a shortfall of about 73.3% of blood need every year.

SAUCE
Re: The Blood Bank Fraud At LASUTH By Lola Okunrin by nairalanda1(m): 12:52pm On Mar 30
PROPEACE:

People are not willing to donate blood freely? Did you read the post?

As the Vanguard put it nicely...

With approximately 200 million people, Nigeria needs an estimated 1.8 million units of blood annually, but voluntary non-remunerated blood donation accounts for only 10% of total blood collection in the country.

Data from the NBSC states that Nigeria collects only 500,000 pints of blood annually from voluntary blood donors, leaving a shortfall of about 73.3% of blood need every year
Re: The Blood Bank Fraud At LASUTH By Lola Okunrin by Love800(m): 12:55pm On Mar 30
But private hospital, na quacks full there na!
Meerahbel:
I never use anything government health because the fraud there is endemic. I would rather pay 500k for the surgery in a private hospital than pay 120k in a government hospital

1 Like

Re: The Blood Bank Fraud At LASUTH By Lola Okunrin by 1Sharon(f): 12:58pm On Mar 30
DrFunmisticGlow:
Blood is never available because people do not donate blood. Simple!

Before any of you start castigating LASUTH, if you are an able-bodied young man. Have you donated blood VOLUNTARILY before?

Not because your wife is about to deliver, or because your relatives are going for surgery.

As long as people don't donate blood VOLUNTARILY, demand for blood will always be more than supply.

When blood is donated by a relative, it is screened to be free from diseases like hepatitis B and C, syphilis and HIV. A lot of people found out they had hepatitis B and HIV when they donated blood. Infected ones like that will be thrown away leaving less for everyone.

Thank you oo. They will tell you that it's their religion that doesn't allow them to donate. But your religion allows you to hypocritical receive abi?

If you don't donate, don't expect to receive.

2 Likes

Re: The Blood Bank Fraud At LASUTH By Lola Okunrin by nairalanda1(m): 12:59pm On Mar 30
DrFunmisticGlow:
Blood is never available because people do not donate blood. Simple!

Before any of you start castigating LASUTH, if you are an able-bodied young man. Have you donated blood VOLUNTARILY before?

Not because your wife is about to deliver, or because your relatives are going for surgery.

As long as people don't donate blood VOLUNTARILY, demand for blood will always be more than supply.

When blood is donated by a relative, it is screened to be free from diseases like hepatitis B and C, syphilis and HIV. A lot of people found out they had hepatitis B and HIV when they donated blood. Infected ones like that will be thrown away leaving less for everyone.

EGGSACTLY.
Re: The Blood Bank Fraud At LASUTH By Lola Okunrin by rfnextar8(m): 1:01pm On Mar 30
Exactly what is going on in ondo state, my wife was due for delivery, the collected 3k to test my wife's blood and collected 7k to test my own blood, as if that is not bad enough, there wasn't available electricity power to screen the blood, we were told to proceed and to replace the blood before we were discharged, as God will have it, my wife did not later need tye blood, I was told to compulsorily donate the blood because that's their policy there.
Re: The Blood Bank Fraud At LASUTH By Lola Okunrin by YesDaddyTill203: 1:02pm On Mar 30
descarado:

The knife is with the govt. We have the law but weak institution. Exactly what Jonathan said yrs ago.
Strong institution is what builds any country.

The only way to have strong institutions is by having people with ethics, morals and who are willing to uphold the laws, values, and ethics of the institutions that they work in or serve. When you have a society made up of mostly corrupt, selfish, and unethical people, you can't have strong institutions.

Your institutions are only as strong as the people that are running them. Institutions are buildings and humans that make them work.
No matter the President or Governor's intentions, if the people running any institution from the clerk to the top are not trust worthy then the institution is nothing.
The people that make the FBI great are the people that work there, not the building or the laws. The people that work there are determined to uphold the values of the institution.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Blood Bank Fraud At LASUTH By Lola Okunrin by ultimateprof: 1:02pm On Mar 30
Let's keep on pushing this topic until it gets to the right source. This people showed me pepper in the year 2013. I nearly lost my wife there. None of their staff who is involved in this evil act will die well and if the person mistakenly die well, he/she will not sleep well.

2 Likes

Re: The Blood Bank Fraud At LASUTH By Lola Okunrin by Zwooks: 1:05pm On Mar 30
Meerahbel:
No loud am o! 😞

No vex mummy

1 Like

Re: The Blood Bank Fraud At LASUTH By Lola Okunrin by Okoroawusa: 1:19pm On Mar 30
The problem of Nigeria is Nigerians
Re: The Blood Bank Fraud At LASUTH By Lola Okunrin by nedekid: 1:27pm On Mar 30
Exousiang01:
The Lagos state commissioner of health should be made aware of this
You think he is not aware?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Woman Performs Own Caesarean To Save Baby / Expect More Ebola Virus Cases In Nigeria – FG / UPTH Delivers First IVF Baby In Port-Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.