Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,420 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

The Blood Bank Fraud At LASUTH By Lola Okunrin - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Blood Bank Fraud At LASUTH By Lola Okunrin (20415 Views)

Lagos Mobile Blood Bank Vehicle (Pictures) / Check Pathology Department Of LASUTH If You Are Looking For You Loved Ones / 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Blood Bank Fraud At LASUTH By Lola Okunrin by DJInfluence: 6:44am On Mar 31
robinso01:
This is typical of Nigerians, corruption runs in our blood, but we only blame the government for everything.

Government is not responsible for everything wrong in this country, public members are also part
Sorry to burst your bubbles but government is actually responsible. If we have a strong and corrupt less government, with a working judiciary system, people will stop doing this kind of behaviour after the successful conviction of a few. Who and where should this complainant take this issue to? No working government department to investigate and prosecute such illegality. So it boils down to the government.
Re: The Blood Bank Fraud At LASUTH By Lola Okunrin by Love800(m): 6:59am On Mar 31
Okay.
Meerahbel:
Health is wealth, use reputable private hospitals.
Re: The Blood Bank Fraud At LASUTH By Lola Okunrin by maasoap(m): 12:28pm On Mar 31
NoToPile:

Seems you are mixing it up, at the point of donation no payment is made, (except you paid someone personally to help donate ) when you need the blood thats when payment is made that's when people say they buy blood and the blood bank peeps say the amount paid to get the blood is cost of screening the blood donated.

Yes. If you buy blood to donate because you don't have willing donors, is it right to still ask you to go and buy when your person is about going under the knife?
Re: The Blood Bank Fraud At LASUTH By Lola Okunrin by DrFunmisticGlow: 12:45pm On Mar 31
papyjaypaul:

What you fail to understand here is not voluntary blood donation, it is those who donate blood and don't get it and have to pay for it. What you are talking about is different and gaslighting people to donate blood. That can never work. You know that not all bloof is eligible even after screening and there is a racket around this donation. It is said that if you donate blood in Lagos, you and your family can get it FREE. Don't let me get to LSBTS because there is a law on this topic. I can't post links because of the bot but let me share screenshots

I know the laws, the Blood itself is actually FREE OF CHARGE in government hospital. What patients pay 7k-15k per pint of blood for, is the grouping and crossmatching test to make sure that the patient's blood and the blood bag he/she will receive is compatible and not cause blood transfusion reactions which may kill the patient. The lab will take the patient's blood and mix it with every potentially compatible blood in the blood bank. Every pint of blood in Lagos state is subsidized.

In
Re: The Blood Bank Fraud At LASUTH By Lola Okunrin by papyjaypaul: 5:26pm On Mar 31
DrFunmisticGlow:
I know the laws, the Blood itself is actually FREE OF CHARGE in government hospital. What patients pay 7k-15k per pint of blood for, is the grouping and crossmatching test to make sure that the patient's blood and the blood bag he/she will receive is compatible and not cause blood transfusion reactions which may kill the patient. The lab will take the patient's blood and mix it with every potentially compatible blood in the blood bank. Every pint of blood in Lagos state is subsidized.

In
So what is your suggestion since your moniker has Dr on it I will presume you are one. Patients are coerced into donating blood and when they need it, they are told to pay. The average patient does not know what you are talking about, whether they are eligible or not but every patient is pre-screened to know if they can donate or not. I think this was an indirect way to get voluntary blood donors and it did not work when the Court ordered Lagos State to stop it. I am looking for a video where one man vowed to stop voluntary donation when his family needed the blood but they could not. He felt the card was useless.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Use Scent Leaves (efinrin) As Cure For Malaria | Daily Family NG / I Am So Depressed. I'm A Chronic Stammerer! Please I Need Your Advice. / UNIBEN Denounces Prof's HIV/AIDS Cure Claim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.