Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,743 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Quitting A Job Within A Month: Share Your Experience - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Quitting A Job Within A Month: Share Your Experience (15663 Views)

Have You Ever Regretted Quitting A Job? Please see this. / I Feel Like Quitting My Job / Man Shares How A Lady Preferred N5k To A N45k Job Within Her Area (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Quitting A Job Within A Month: Share Your Experience by Stargurl20(f): 6:58am On Apr 18
Meerahbel:
I have my peace
I can't not come and run mad in Lagos.

5:00am eyes don open, 600am you don road

5:00-6:00pm you close from work, 7:00pm-8:00pm inside bus you eyes dey blink, 10:00pm you finally reach house dey think of wetin you go chop.

Before you finally eat 11:00pm don nak.
12:00-1:00pm sleep don come,, you finally sleep by 1:00am.

4am you don wake again again. Hell no, I collected the salary and call it quit.

Same situation I'm in right now. Just that I close around 6:30pm - 7pm. If I wake anything less that 4: 30 am I will most probably be late.

I'm thinking of quiting. I'm doing my Nysc, but I've ghosted the PPA coz allowee wasn't sustaining.

I noticed that my mum isn't in approval of me quitting coz of the body language she's giving and it's because she doesn't like the idea of one staying at home.

I'm not quitting to just sit idle at home, but until I get another job, I might have to spend some time home. I'm totally confused sef

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Quitting A Job Within A Month: Share Your Experience by Stargurl20(f): 6:59am On Apr 18
Daviestunech:

I hate this pattern of work life actually..

One won't even have time for oneself.

7 Likes

Re: Quitting A Job Within A Month: Share Your Experience by toujurs: 7:23am On Apr 18
Meerahbel:
Fix in you to job, you graduated from Unilag, right?
i don't need one, only if you know how i earn.

And I can't work for a Nigerian owned company, Nigerians are too greedy, selfish and tribal.

Most nigerians are just wasting their lives, and at the end of the whole hustle, they can't even buy a house in top areas

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Quitting A Job Within A Month: Share Your Experience by Oyindamolah: 1:32pm On Apr 20
superintendents:
grin grin
its funny but obviously the organization don't give a hoot about your welfare.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quitting A Job Within A Month: Share Your Experience by Oyindamolah: 1:33pm On Apr 20
Stargurl20:

Same situation I'm in right now. Just that I close around 6:30pm - 7pm. If I wake anything less that 4: 30 am I will most probably be late.

I'm thinking of quiting. I'm doing my Nysc, but I've ghosted the PPA coz allowee wasn't sustaining.

I noticed that my mum isn't in approval of me quitting coz of the body language she's giving and it's because she doesn't like the idea of one staying at home.

I'm not quitting to just sit idle at home, but until I get another job, I might have to spend some time home. I'm totally confused sef
Confused about what
Re: Quitting A Job Within A Month: Share Your Experience by Meerahbel: 6:17pm On Apr 20
toujurs:

And I can't work for a Nigerian owned company, Nigerians are too greedy, selfish and tribal.

Most nigerians are just wasting their lives, and at the end of the whole hustle, they can't even buy a house in top areas
Shut up!!!! You don't earn anything stop boasting, no poor man online.

5 Likes

Re: Quitting A Job Within A Month: Share Your Experience by toujurs: 8:04pm On Apr 20
Meerahbel:
Shut up!!!! You don't earn anything stop boasting, no poor man online.
why the sudden aggression undecided i earn 315, am not rich, but am very comfortable, because i have a successful side business. Roughly every month should be 645.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quitting A Job Within A Month: Share Your Experience by Meerahbel: 9:32pm On Apr 20
Stargurl20:

You think 🤔 you wouldn't get another job. You would. You cannot quantify the stress! Your cannot place a value on the stress! The ball is in your court.

2 Likes

Re: Quitting A Job Within A Month: Share Your Experience by Meerahbel: 9:32pm On Apr 20
toujurs:
why the sudden aggression undecided i earn 315, am not rich, but am very comfortable, because i have a successful side business. Roughly every month should be 645.
Lol! Good luck to you. You can come for a spa massage at my Ikeja office kiss

3 Likes

Re: Quitting A Job Within A Month: Share Your Experience by ozehlaw: 9:40pm On Apr 20
You never see anything.

1 Like

Re: Quitting A Job Within A Month: Share Your Experience by Stargurl20(f): 9:42pm On Apr 20
Meerahbel:
You think 🤔 you wouldn't get another job. You would. You cannot quantify the stress! Your cannot place a value on the stress! The ball is in your court.
I don't get your last three sentences

2 Likes

Re: Quitting A Job Within A Month: Share Your Experience by spiceadole: 9:45pm On Apr 20
Mubarakmahruf:
Have you ever left a job within a month or less? What made you quit so quickly? Share your story and reasons below. Perhaps it was a mismatch in job expectations, a toxic work environment, or unforeseen personal circumstances. Your experience can offer valuable insights and help others navigate similar situations.

I have been here.
Started a job on 3rd July , immediately salary was paid on August 5th..I disappeared.
No be me them been wan kill.
It was as wrong job

Re: Quitting A Job Within A Month: Share Your Experience by Meerahbel: 9:48pm On Apr 20
Stargurl20:

I don't get your last three sentences
The stress you go through daily, can you place a cost on it?

4 Likes

Re: Quitting A Job Within A Month: Share Your Experience by Annahh(f): 9:49pm On Apr 20
The headmistress who is not even the owner of the school is very toxic, she rubbishes the staff, talks down on us every morning, it got to a level I couldn't take it, I resigned within a month, she refused to pay me, guess what, it didn't take up to a year, I got a job that pays more than 4 times the salary. Good riddance..

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quitting A Job Within A Month: Share Your Experience by FatherOfJesus: 9:49pm On Apr 20
I did quit a job within a month as a web developer.

This person had a small tech company, he got a project from government to build a software but this dude does not know how to code himself. He does not understand a product life cycle from design, development and then to deployment.
First of all, he didn't have a UI/UX person, there was no plan as to how all the pages were going to be displayed, he comes up with an idea out of the blues for us to add to the app.

At some point, I tried making him understand that, the working culture is not the best and it stressing everyone and it can waste a lot of valuable time, he refused to understand. He gives you like 5-8 tasks daily and believes that coding is like WordPress that use widgets and plug-ins.

At the end of it, he wanted me to do a website for a client and I asked him for design prototype, he wanted me to do it from my head and that's crazy. There was no meeting with stakeholders on anything, it was so stressful that at the end of building it, client wanted totally something else. I was so pained and it was a back and forth.

The work was so stressful and this man was not willing to change his culture, I had to leave after 1 month.

I told myself since then that I will always work with a project manager that understands the intricacies of programming

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Quitting A Job Within A Month: Share Your Experience by femi4: 9:49pm On Apr 20
Mubarakmahruf:
Have you ever left a job within a month or less? What made you quit so quickly? Share your story and reasons below. Perhaps it was a mismatch in job expectations, a toxic work environment, or unforeseen personal circumstances. Your experience can offer valuable insights and help others navigate similar situations.

left after day1, I received a better offer elsewhere

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quitting A Job Within A Month: Share Your Experience by BigYash: 9:54pm On Apr 20
Meerahbel:
I have my peace

5:00-6:00pm you close from work, 7:00pm-8:00pm inside bus you eyes dey blink, 10:00pm you finally reach house dey think of wetin you go chop.

Lagos life😂 And debt go still full ur neck join

13 Likes

Re: Quitting A Job Within A Month: Share Your Experience by efemena5050(m): 9:54pm On Apr 20
toujurs:
Abeg help me with this ur side business idea am willing,able and ready to learn

7 Likes

Re: Quitting A Job Within A Month: Share Your Experience by pek(m): 9:54pm On Apr 20
While waiting for admissions, I applied and got a job in a super stores. Thought it would keep me occupied. My job was to make ice cream. Didn't sell a single cup the whole day. Didn't bother resuming the second day.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quitting A Job Within A Month: Share Your Experience by Stargurl20(f): 10:05pm On Apr 20
Meerahbel:
The stress you go through daily, can you place a cost on it?

Do you mean the salary I'm being paid monthly?

Honestly, it not that stressful but very time demanding. Waking up as early as 4-4:30 am and closing by almost 7pm daily. It's one day off in a week. No observation of public holidays

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quitting A Job Within A Month: Share Your Experience by Avast(m): 10:05pm On Apr 20
Mubarakmahruf:

Just 2 weeks

I was employed as a data entry officer in a store. Just few days after I joined, the manager told me I can't be sitting down doing nothing, I should be walking around the store to assist customers. There was a day he called me to join the shop boys to offload goods from the trailer. Na that week I commot

24 Likes

Re: Quitting A Job Within A Month: Share Your Experience by Meerahbel: 10:09pm On Apr 20
Stargurl20:

Do you mean the salary I'm being paid monthly?

Honestly, it not that stressful but very time demanding. Waking up as early as 4-4:30 am and closing by almost 7pm daily. It's one day off in a week. No observation of public holidays
No, I mean the stress you go through on a daily basis from home to office, can you place a cost as in a figure e.g N30,000 or N50,000

2 Likes

Re: Quitting A Job Within A Month: Share Your Experience by lukuboi(m): 10:13pm On Apr 20
toujurs:

Please make una help me ooo. I need a job oo. Me sef don graduate tey tey o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Quitting A Job Within A Month: Share Your Experience by lukuboi(m): 10:19pm On Apr 20
lukuboi:

Please make una help me ooo. I need a job oo. Me sef don graduate tey tey o
Abeg make nobody like my post again...nah job I say I need not likes..make una help me o

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Quitting A Job Within A Month: Share Your Experience by Henrydata(m): 10:19pm On Apr 20
Meerahbel:
I have my peace

Honestly, you can't live long with this kind of pattern

2 Likes

Re: Quitting A Job Within A Month: Share Your Experience by Raskimonojendor: 10:23pm On Apr 20
Oh. That was a long time ago. I just returned from the UK after my degree. I interviewed with Rocket Internet just before they set up Jumia in Nigeria. I was given a verbal offer. I accepted, worked one week and quit. I think I was interviewed by a German and Spanish guy like in Ikoyi.

The job was business development and it too too was stressful. Lagos traffic wanted to drive me crazy.

4 Likes

Re: Quitting A Job Within A Month: Share Your Experience by Pojomojo: 10:32pm On Apr 20
lukuboi:

Abeg make nobody like my post again...nah job I say I need not likes..make una help me o
Content Editor & Virtual Assistant at Raphael Group

Salary: ₦125,000 - ₦150,000 per month + Data allowance & Netflix subscription

MUST HAVES:
•Proven experience as a content editor and virtual assistant.
•Proficiency in video editing software and tools, including Capcut, Inshot, and other relevant applications.
•Strong email writing and communication skills.
•Familiarity with social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube, and TikTok.

TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Personal laptop 💻
•Processor: Not less than intel Core i5
•RAM: Not less than 8 GB
•Hard Drive: available space not less than 500GB HDD
•Free Space: 50GB

Smartphone 📱
•Latest OS version support
•Minimum 4 GB RAM
•High-quality front facing camera for video conferencing
•Reliable and fast internet connectivity

Apply 👇
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScosrAlixsdu1XbUEka_pqt-M0yzolpXHYXPuZeBhPtU0jtRQ/viewform

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quitting A Job Within A Month: Share Your Experience by Pojomojo: 10:33pm On Apr 20
Stargurl20:

Finish NYSC before thinking of getting another job then you will understand that, "a bird in hand is worth more than two in the bush".

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quitting A Job Within A Month: Share Your Experience by Melagros(m): 10:39pm On Apr 20
Meerahbel:
The person is actually dying slowly.
Exactly

3 Likes

Re: Quitting A Job Within A Month: Share Your Experience by lukuboi(m): 10:41pm On Apr 20
Pojomojo:
Content Editor & Virtual Assistant at Raphael Group

Salary: ₦125,000 - ₦150,000 per month + Data allowance & Netflix subscription

MUST HAVES:
•Proven experience as a content editor and virtual assistant.
•Proficiency in video editing software and tools, including Capcut, Inshot, and other relevant applications.
•Strong email writing and communication skills.
•Familiarity with social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube, and TikTok.

TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Personal laptop 💻
•Processor: Not less than intel Core i5
•RAM: Not less than 8 GB
•Hard Drive: available space not less than 500GB HDD
•Free Space: 50GB

Smartphone 📱
•Latest OS version support
•Minimum 4 GB RAM
•High-quality front facing camera for video conferencing
•Reliable and fast internet connectivity

Apply 👇
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScosrAlixsdu1XbUEka_pqt-M0yzolpXHYXPuZeBhPtU0jtRQ/viewform

The site isn't working anymore..they are no longer accepting response.. thank you very much

4 Likes

Re: Quitting A Job Within A Month: Share Your Experience by Pojomojo: 10:42pm On Apr 20
wink
lukuboi:

The site isn't working anymore..they are no longer accepting response.. thank you very much
Re: Quitting A Job Within A Month: Share Your Experience by Narnah(f): 11:07pm On Apr 20
grin grin

pek:
While waiting for admissions, I applied and got a job in a super stores. Thought it would keep me occupied. My job was to make ice cream. Didn't sell a single cup the whole day. Didn't bother resuming the second day.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pls How Much Does A Petrol Attendant Earn Apart From their Salary / 12 Common Job Interview Mistakes You Should Avoid / 6 Attributes Employers Look For In A Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.