Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,327 members, 7,836,393 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Igbo Is The 4th Largest Tribe In Nigeria: See Why. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Is The 4th Largest Tribe In Nigeria: See Why. (1601 Views)

Ohanaeze: There Will Be No Nigeria If Igbo Is Denied Presidential Ticket In 2023 / "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta / How A Youth Corper 'Spelt Nigeria'. See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Is The 4th Largest Tribe In Nigeria: See Why. by Toeyota: 1:30pm On Mar 30
gurujoe:
I am almost 34 and i have not seen a single ijaw person
Note: I have travelled almost 21 states

Read well and you see where it says Ijaw mix fully like the people and you can't notice Ijaw if he or she didn't tell you.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Is The 4th Largest Tribe In Nigeria: See Why. by Toeyota: 1:30pm On Mar 30
ngwaIgbo223:

Your landlocked 500 minority tribe you still survived.

Go and play outside.
Children should be seen and not heard when adults speak.
Re: Igbo Is The 4th Largest Tribe In Nigeria: See Why. by Abagworo(m): 1:33pm On Mar 30
Igbo is even 10th not 4th. Kalabari is even more populated than Ijaw. Ikwerre is more populated than Ijaw. Ijaw is the largest ethnic group in Bayelsa among the numerous ethnic groups in the State including Epie, Nembe, Ogbiya , Isoko, Urhobo and Engenni.
Re: Igbo Is The 4th Largest Tribe In Nigeria: See Why. by ngwaIgbo223: 1:33pm On Mar 30
Toeyota:

Go and play outside.
Children should be seen and not heard when adults speak.

Like you play with your papa slack balls after being feed by your Igbo Master.
Re: Igbo Is The 4th Largest Tribe In Nigeria: See Why. by Toeyota: 2:12pm On Mar 30
Abagworo:
Igbo is even 10th not 4th. Kalabari is even more populated than Ijaw. Ikwerre is more populated than Ijaw. Ijaw is the largest ethnic group in Bayelsa among the numerous ethnic groups in the State including Epie, Nembe, Ogbiya , Isoko, Urhobo and Engenni.
Werey Kalabari is just one of the 86 Ijaw Clans.
The rest you mentioned are also Ijaw Clans.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Is The 4th Largest Tribe In Nigeria: See Why. by Toeyota: 2:13pm On Mar 30
ngwaIgbo223:

Like you play with your papa slack balls after being feed by your Igbo Master.

Stop whatever you are smoking, it is taking over you.
Re: Igbo Is The 4th Largest Tribe In Nigeria: See Why. by Minsk24: 2:15pm On Mar 30
Ijaws will be a force to reckon with if they can unite, what standalone tribes according to Nigeria constitution will u classify as ijaw? Educate me
Re: Igbo Is The 4th Largest Tribe In Nigeria: See Why. by ngwaIgbo223: 2:15pm On Mar 30
Toeyota:

Stop whatever you are smoking, it is taking over you.

Go and relax under bridge.
Re: Igbo Is The 4th Largest Tribe In Nigeria: See Why. by Abagworo(m): 2:22pm On Mar 30
Toeyota:

Werey Kalabari is just one of the 86 Ijaw Clans.
The rest you mentioned are also Ijaw Clans.

That's according to you but historical, linguistically and culturally Kalabari is distinct and Ijaw is distinct. They are all under Ijaw nation but inside Ijaw nation there is Ijaw proper different from Nembe and Kalabari.
Re: Igbo Is The 4th Largest Tribe In Nigeria: See Why. by CrossRhodes: 2:26pm On Mar 30
No be lie...

Moses received the 10 commandments in ijaw language...

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Is The 4th Largest Tribe In Nigeria: See Why. by Slytiger: 2:29pm On Mar 30
A picture taken by an English explorer circulating on social media of an Ijaw man with his Ibo slaves..

I will see how I can cover the nudity of the slaves on the original and repost. The slaves in the picture were mostly naked and some have ichafu on their heads.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Is The 4th Largest Tribe In Nigeria: See Why. by CrossRhodes: 2:29pm On Mar 30
Abagworo:
Igbo is 50th sef
Re: Igbo Is The 4th Largest Tribe In Nigeria: See Why. by Slytiger: 2:34pm On Mar 30
Slytiger:
A picture taken by an English explorer circulating on social media of an Ijaw man with his slaves..

I will see how I can cover the nudity of the slaves on the original and repost. The slaves in the picture were mostly naked and some have ichafu on their heads.
People thought Asari was joking when he made that statement not long ago.

Ijaws. You are a great tribe. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

In the picture below, the Ijaw man's family are fully clothed while the slaves are nude. From the ichafu, we can all tell their tribe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Is The 4th Largest Tribe In Nigeria: See Why. by SenatePresdo(m): 2:42pm On Mar 30
Any nook and cranny you go in nigeria, you will see ijaws in their numbers speaking ijaw.

Wa is come in Yoruba
Zo is come in Hausa
Bia is come in Igbo
Asawana is come in ijaw
Re: Igbo Is The 4th Largest Tribe In Nigeria: See Why. by SenatePresdo(m): 2:47pm On Mar 30
Toeyota:

The truth is bitter shey?

If Ijaw is that Large, you won't have to be struggling to convince Nigerians because it would be too obvious.

You said ijaw spanned across 6 States.

In Akwa ibom and cross River for instance, what's the percentage of ijaw population?

Even in Rivers, are ijaws more than half or Rivers population?

Can you compare that to SW, SE and NE where They consist of over 90 percent of the population?
Re: Igbo Is The 4th Largest Tribe In Nigeria: See Why. by dexmond: 2:51pm On Mar 30
Ijaw man rest. We all know from the British archives that Igbos are the largest tribe.
Re: Igbo Is The 4th Largest Tribe In Nigeria: See Why. by amAZEing: 2:52pm On Mar 30
3 major tribes in Nigeria

Hausa, Fulani, Yoruba

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Is The 4th Largest Tribe In Nigeria: See Why. by 99thEnemy(m): 2:53pm On Mar 30
Easternmind:
Ok
ijaw is the largest tribe in Nigeria...

grin
Re: Igbo Is The 4th Largest Tribe In Nigeria: See Why. by SenatePresdo(m): 2:54pm On Mar 30
Toeyota:

And landlocked 200 Igbos can never rule Nigeria.
Dotians..

They are a large amount igbo lands in SS
Re: Igbo Is The 4th Largest Tribe In Nigeria: See Why. by Amumaigwe: 3:03pm On Mar 30
Toeyota:
*THIS IS WHY IJAW IS A VERY LARGE TRIBE..* .

The Ijaw Nation is having over 2,800 villages and settlements starting from Furupagha settlements bordering Ore in Odigbo LGA of Nigeria's Ondo, and Ijaw continues uniterrupted even to Mbo-Obolo areas that border Odukpani in Calabar main city areas.
Ijaw spans over 6 Nigerian States.

Where Ijaw occupy in the Niger Delta is larger than Igbo land but the marginalization of Ijaw wouldn't make people see it that way.
To be sincere,
Ijaw give birth very fast. Average of 17 years lady in an Ijaw Community is already a mother and average of 19 years old guy in Ijaw Community is already a father.
Compare that to Igbo that goes to 40 or more before giving birth.
Average Ijaw man or woman in their 40s is already a grand parent.
Western and Central Ijaws are like this.
Ondo, Edo, Delta and Bayelsa Ijaws..

Rivers Ijaw people would rather spend most of their youths doing hook up here and there in the name of succeeding first and do not give birth that fast and as common like the other Western and Central Fringe of Ijaw.
They are similar to Akwa-Ibom Ijaws in that regard but Akwa Ibom Ijaws give birth faster than them in Rivers Ijaw.

Ijaw is an integration of many subgroups related through similar ancestry of which each can stand as different tribes of their own if it is Nigerian standard.
That means Ijaw is confederation of atleast 86 tribes if it is Nigeria way of measuring tribes of which that's the number of Ijaw Clans..

Due to Central Dialect issue, Ijaws don't speak here and there and act like different tribes having only the Socio Cultural Organizations to unite Ijaw.
You don't judge by population of the Riverine areas.
Most Ijaws leave home for greener pastures because it is not easy to develop Ijaw areas and God gave us Crude Oil as compensation for our difficult terrains but they take their resources and take Ijaw own too all in the name of one fraudulent, expired, and confused confederation like country called Nigeria.

When Ijaw travels to none Ijaw areas, they act like the people, you cannot easily recognize an Ijaw person if the person didn't say it, unlike Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa among others that are easily recognizeable.
Ijaws are among the largest tribes in Nigeria.
Ijaw is never a minority and that's a term they used in degrading Ijaw hence the unjust balkanization into over six States .

Before we became Nigerians, we were first Ijaws and Ijaw we will remain forever.
Ijaw our past, Ijaw our present, Ijaw our future.

Ijaw our final home.

@General Ditari.

No. Ijaw is the largest ethnic group in Nigeria. Oya, go collect the prize money.
Re: Igbo Is The 4th Largest Tribe In Nigeria: See Why. by SeeWahala: 3:09pm On Mar 30
Slytiger:

People thought Asari was joking when he made that statement not long ago.

Ijaws. You are a great tribe. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

In the picture below, the Ijaw man's family are fully clothed while the slaves are nude. From the ichafu, we can all tell their tribe.

In that same picture I see that the clothed people are standing and the naked ones are sitting at the table . . .

And you say the ones standing are masters and the ones sitting at the table are slaves? Hmm 🤔 what sort of slave-master relationship is this?

You and these your fake fake screenshot self 😒

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Is The 4th Largest Tribe In Nigeria: See Why. by melow666: 4:33pm On Mar 30
Toeyota:

The Ijaw Nation is having over 2,800 villages and settlements starting from Furupagha settlements bordering Ore in Odigbo LGA of Nigeria's Ondo, and Ijaw continues uniterrupted even to Mbo-Obolo areas that border Odukpani in Calabar main city areas.

Where Ijaw occupy in the Niger Delta is larger than Igbo land but the marginalization of Ijaw wouldn't make people see it that way.
To be sincere,
Ijaw give birth very fast. Average of 17 years lady in an Ijaw Community is already a mother and average of 19 years old guy in Ijaw Community is already a father.

Rivers Ijaw people would rather spend most of their youths doing hook up here and there in the name of succeeding first and do not give birth that fast and as common like the other Western and Central Fringe of Ijaw.
They are similar to Akwa-Ibom Ijaws in that regard but Akwa Ibom Ijaws give birth faster than them in Rivers Ijaw.

Ijaw is an integration of many subgroups related through similar ancestry of which each can stand as different tribes of their own if it is Nigerian standard.
That means Ijaw is confederation of atleast 86 tribes if it is Nigeria way of measuring tribes of which that's the number of Ijaw Clans..

Due to Central Dialect issue, Ijaws don't speak here and there and act like different tribes having only the Socio Cultural Organizations to unite Ijaw.
Most Ijaws leave home for greener pastures because it is not easy to develop Ijaw areas and God gave us Crude Oil as compensation for our difficult terrains but they take their resources and take Ijaw own too all in the name of one fraudulent, expired, and confused confederation like country called Nigeria.

When Ijaw travels to none Ijaw areas, they act like the people, you cannot easily recognize an Ijaw person if the person didn't say it, unlike Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa among others that are easily recognizeable.
Ijaw is never a minority and that's a term they used in degrading Ijaw hence the unjust balkanization into over six States .

Before we became Nigerians, we were first Ijaws and Ijaw we will remain forever.

Ijaw our final home.

@General Ditari.

You are right. Ijaw is the largest tribe in the universe. Ijaw tribes are also the sun

1 Like

Re: Igbo Is The 4th Largest Tribe In Nigeria: See Why. by BizTrust: 5:11pm On Mar 30
Sapele water dey disturb you
Re: Igbo Is The 4th Largest Tribe In Nigeria: See Why. by hedonido: 5:37pm On Mar 30
Just another butterfly feeling like a bird.

I often wonder what these people are good at. What they are known for. What (else) they bring to the table. Isolated from the comforts of hiding under the broad but disparate umbrella of "South South' strange bedfellows, what would be their unique bloc power?

If the crude oyel dries up tomorrow, as it must, what would they bring to their own table? This applies to the Ijaw, Itsekiri, and the other tiny ethnicities around Rivers/Delta State who are quick to point fingers and shalaye because of the small film trick made possible by 'awa oyel'.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Is The 4th Largest Tribe In Nigeria: See Why. by CSTRR: 6:31pm On Mar 30
gurujoe:
I thought it was only me.

They are so plenty that we can't find them. grin

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Is The 4th Largest Tribe In Nigeria: See Why. by Slytiger: 7:30pm On Mar 30
SeeWahala:

In that same picture I see that the clothed people are standing and the naked ones are sitting at the table . . .

And you say the ones standing are masters and the ones sitting at the table are slaves? Hmm 🤔 what sort of slave-master relationship is this?

You and these your fake fake screenshot self 😒
How can those nude ones be the master. Use your head man.

The head of the house is the man dressed like a present day Ijaw man. His kids are the clothed ones. The slaves are the one wearing ichafu/afro and those calf trinklets...this picture is circulating amongst Niger deltans and being shared/retweeted all over twitter.

Re: Igbo Is The 4th Largest Tribe In Nigeria: See Why. by Slytiger: 7:31pm On Mar 30
gurujoe:
They are literally everywhere. I schooled in Europe and they are even everywhere at my university in Manchester. They often have English surnames names aside their regular native name which is unique.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Is The 4th Largest Tribe In Nigeria: See Why. by FatherOfJesus: 7:40pm On Mar 30
gurujoe:
I have seen an Ijaw person only once in my life and I'm 33. I served in Rivers state

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Is The 4th Largest Tribe In Nigeria: See Why. by Oceanfl0w: 7:41pm On Mar 30
Did you know that it was the Ancient Ijaw people that built the Great Wall of China.

It was an Ijaw man that designed the Statue of Liberty.

The most advanced tribe in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Is The 4th Largest Tribe In Nigeria: See Why. by Slytiger: 7:42pm On Mar 30
Oceanfl0w:
Did you know that it was the Ancient Ijaw people that built the Great Wall of China.

It was an Ijaw man that designed the Statue of Liberty.

The most advanced tribe in Africa.

Same way an Ibo man discovered America grin

Re: Igbo Is The 4th Largest Tribe In Nigeria: See Why. by Toeyota: 7:42pm On Mar 30
FatherOfJesus:
I have seen an Ijaw person on once in my life and I'm 33. I served in Rivers state

Just like the post said, you won't know they are Ijaw if they don't tell you.

It's not easy to know Ijaw like other tribes are.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Is The 4th Largest Tribe In Nigeria: See Why. by ebufa: 7:44pm On Mar 30
Toeyota:

To be sincere,

Ijaw our final home.

@General Ditari.

I thought this general without portfolio was in the creeks saving his Ijaw clans from annihilation in the hands of the nigerian army they love so much! Nairaland has been coming out with academic enrollment in courses in the federation.....Ijawland alias Bayelsa no feature in any top ten position.............where are the ijaws nah? Ijaw no reach 1 million abeg!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Win #1million By Showing Me Tinubus project as a private citizen / Nigeria, First Country To Clear Debts! Something To Be Proud Of? / Global Warming Is a Lye, Africa [southern Hemisphere] May Become Cooler

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.