Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Statisense And Google Map Stat, Imo And Anambra Has More Urban land than Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Statisense And Google Map Stat, Imo And Anambra Has More Urban land than Lagos (1108 Views)

How Voters Voted For Presidents By Region And State In Nigeria- Statisense / South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense / FG Completes New Orashi Bridge Linking Imo And Anambra States (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Statisense And Google Map Stat, Imo And Anambra Has More Urban land than Lagos by JagabanB: 10:36am On Mar 31
But lgb0s will run from Imo and Anambra to Lagos at the slightest opportunity even if it's with nylon as travelling bag?
Re: Statisense And Google Map Stat, Imo And Anambra Has More Urban land than Lagos by drlateef: 1:06pm On Mar 31
FatherOfJesus:
According to the lat built statistics released by statisense, Imo and Anambra has more built up areas than Lagos state.

If you go buy the calculations and the map, I think it's true.

Lagos:
34.4% of 1771km2 square is 608.844km2 of built up areas.

Imo:
25.1% of 5,530km2 is 1,388.73km of built up areas.

Anambra:
23.5 % of 4884 is 1,146.34km2 of built up areas.

Google map also confrims this, if you look at the urbanization in imo and Anambra, is quite larger than Lagos but I think Lagos is more dense. Very dense than these two states.

However, this is not an indication for infrastructural development. Lagos is fear head in infrastructure but for clusters of buildings and township, Imo and Anambra seem to have lands occupied by people than Lagos.

If you also apply the same fomula, ogun state will be 1,765km2 of Lands occupied, which is more than that of Imo and Anambra.

Osun state will be 910.32km2 of developed landmass going by the formula

So, why are refugees hopping into night bus with only polybag property heading to Lagos on daily basis from Imo and Anambra?
Re: Statisense And Google Map Stat, Imo And Anambra Has More Urban land than Lagos by sunboy(m): 1:24pm On Mar 31
Very good, now when will you move back to the most urbanized lands cheesy abi what’s the point of this post ?
Re: Statisense And Google Map Stat, Imo And Anambra Has More Urban land than Lagos by AmuDimpka: 1:34pm On Mar 31
Misterone:
I don't even know who's doing competition with you guys! Oya, make una go hawk gala for anambra and Imo. Leave lagos alone
braggart

Na gala money dem use dey develop . .what did you achieve with skulling money
Re: Statisense And Google Map Stat, Imo And Anambra Has More Urban land than Lagos by AmuDimpka: 1:35pm On Mar 31
adamusuleiman1:

Yet, an Eze ndigbo was flogged in Akure by the youths.

https://www.nairaland.com/2666239/akure-youths-flogged-eze-ndigbo-out
two worthless oba that were killed yet nothing ...and her wueen kidnapped
Re: Statisense And Google Map Stat, Imo And Anambra Has More Urban land than Lagos by Misterone: 5:23pm On Mar 31
AmuDimpka:
braggart

Na gala money dem use dey develop . .what did you achieve with skulling money
Mumu! Nobody dey drag anything with una! Stop this comparison rubbish! It makes no sense. We are all Nigerians and every Nigerian has the right to live anywhere he/she wants so when you think you own the SE or the yorubas own the SW , you lie. You no own shishi! Small time you go jump go thread of " hunger dey kill us".
And please note; you cannot compare lagos with any part of the SE. It's like comparing Okpoko to Awka. It makes no sense.
Re: Statisense And Google Map Stat, Imo And Anambra Has More Urban land than Lagos by AmuDimpka: 10:58am On Apr 01
Misterone:
Mumu! Nobody dey drag anything with una! Stop this comparison rubbish! It makes no sense. We are all Nigerians and every Nigerian has the right to live anywhere he/she wants so when you think you own the SE or the yorubas own the SW , you lie. You no own shishi! Small time you go jump go thread of " hunger dey kill us".
And please note; you cannot compare lagos with any part of the SE. It's like comparing Okpoko to Awka. It makes no sense.

Mugu ...Lagos this and that like say Na una build am

Oya show me the one una build from Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Ekiti etc
Re: Statisense And Google Map Stat, Imo And Anambra Has More Urban land than Lagos by alizma: 11:12am On Apr 01
Ok
Re: Statisense And Google Map Stat, Imo And Anambra Has More Urban land than Lagos by Tunde835(m): 11:25am On Apr 01
They don start again. Lagos alone would solo the entire south east in terms of development and GDP.
Re: Statisense And Google Map Stat, Imo And Anambra Has More Urban land than Lagos by PHIPEX(m): 11:40am On Apr 01
adamusuleiman1:
Like I mentioned in a similar thread.

Looking deep into the data:

That data is useless without the landmass. With the landmass included. Percentages are relative to something.

South East is 28,983km², 15.6% is 4,605km² I.e, only 4,605km ² of SE is built.

South West is 78,505Km ², 11.65% is 9,280Km ², I.e only 9,280Km ² of SW is built, thats 102% more built than SE.

South south is 85,315km ², 6.77% is 5,641km ²,I.e only 5,641km ² of SS is built, that’s 23% more built than SE.

North central is 231,677Km ², 2.99% is 6,927Km ², I.e only 6,927km ² of NC is built, that’s 50% more built than SE.

Northwest is 223,150km², 1.72% is 3,838km², I.e only 3,838km² of NW is built, that’s 17% less built than SE.

Northeast is 289,421km², 0.85% is 2,460km², I.e only 2,460km² of NE is built, that’s 47% less built than SE.

Therefore, Southwest, Northcentral & SouthSouth are far ahead of other regions.

Southeast, Northwest and Northeast need to buckle up
Next time when they are talking about how developed Europe is, tell them Africa has massive land in Sahara desert.

Development and builtup cities has.npthing to do with landmass otherwise Bayelsa state should be at the top.

1 Like

Re: Statisense And Google Map Stat, Imo And Anambra Has More Urban land than Lagos by Misterone: 5:46pm On Apr 01
AmuDimpka:

Mugu ...Lagos this and that like say Na una build am

Oya show me the one una build from Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Ekiti etc
Oga! Get sense! Nobody dey drag anything with you. If you wan carry the lagos for head, oya carry am!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Monkey (enwe) (obo) / Children Kidnap: Police Deploy Anti-terrorist Squad To Aba / Akpabio Versus Udoedehe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.