Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,117 members, 7,814,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

A Dollar Is Now Sold For N1,230 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Dollar Is Now Sold For N1,230 (1383 Views)

1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 / Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension / Dollar Is Back To Normal On Google, Sigh :-( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Dollar Is Now Sold For N1,230 by Saskay44: 11:49am On Mar 31
Below 1k by April 🤔.... See the price difference between buying and selling seems people might be finding it hard to buy dollars

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Dollar Is Now Sold For N1,230 by fayomim: 11:51am On Mar 31
Okay
Re: A Dollar Is Now Sold For N1,230 by helinues: 11:51am On Mar 31
Someone posted 1030 or so yesterday. Canada exchange rate to Naira.

Naira gaining strength have already taken effects

Meanwhile stock Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum and BNB till April ending then disposed before their price would crash badly.. You can then restock after price crashing

1 Like

Re: A Dollar Is Now Sold For N1,230 by abc115: 11:52am On Mar 31
It is below 1k now, no body will give you above N1k for $1

1 Like

Re: A Dollar Is Now Sold For N1,230 by helinues: 11:53am On Mar 31
abc115:
It is below 1k now, no body will give above 1k

At least if it can drop to N800 and be stable for months, it would make more sense

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Dollar Is Now Sold For N1,230 by nedu666: 11:54am On Mar 31
I thought you guys said it was 900 last week. Someone even posted polaris is selling at 907. Today you are claiming 1240.

3 Likes

Re: A Dollar Is Now Sold For N1,230 by Saskay44: 11:55am On Mar 31
nedu666:
I thought you guys said it was 900 last week. Someone even posted polaris is selling at 907. Today you are claiming 1240.
bro download chipper cash you'll see rate

1 Like

Re: A Dollar Is Now Sold For N1,230 by Richtaiwo: 12:15pm On Mar 31
"Na propaganda" crew on their way. The thing dey really pain dem say naira don dey recover. They prefer it gets to 5000/$ before the end of April because Nigerians rejected their fraud package.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Dollar Is Now Sold For N1,230 by CodeTemplar: 12:16pm On Mar 31
I wonder why food stuff sellers and vendors aren't responding accordingly. When prices of forex was going up, they were quick to check Intl equivalent of prices and adjust to it.
Now the reverse is the case, I wonder why the food item prices are still headed that old direction.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Dollar Is Now Sold For N1,230 by yoruboid: 12:33pm On Mar 31
Will go below N900 by the end of April and by the time the refineries start to work and we stop importing PMS then the Aja Igboro that advised people to keep their dollars close will tell them to keep their handkerchiefs closer

Those people are just saboteur and Asiwaju will succeed

God bless Yorubaland
God bless Arewa land
God bless the Niger Delta

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Dollar Is Now Sold For N1,230 by Johnjustice: 12:36pm On Mar 31
Sellers should reduce price and offload before it's too late.
Re: A Dollar Is Now Sold For N1,230 by Paraman: 12:37pm On Mar 31
nedu666:
Have you forgotten that the naira has been subjected to a free float and the exchange rate is no longer decided by the the CBN?

1 Like

Re: A Dollar Is Now Sold For N1,230 by Richtaiwo: 12:47pm On Mar 31
yoruboid:
Will go below N900 by the end of April and by the time the refineries start to work and we stop importing PMS then the Aja Igboro that advised people to keep their dollars close will tell them to keep their handkerchiefs closer

God bless Yorubaland
God bless Arewa land
The fvck? This really got me rolling on the floor. grin grin grin
Re: A Dollar Is Now Sold For N1,230 by magoo10(m): 1:07pm On Mar 31
Good news lets hope dollar continues to fall.
Re: A Dollar Is Now Sold For N1,230 by LadyRosa(f): 1:07pm On Mar 31
Good development but let it defeat 216 to dollar as at during Jonathan's time.
Re: A Dollar Is Now Sold For N1,230 by Paraman: 1:12pm On Mar 31
LadyRosa:
No o, we're going to defeat #26 to dollar as at during Abubakar's time

1 Like

Re: A Dollar Is Now Sold For N1,230 by Donaldoni: 1:18pm On Mar 31
LadyRosa:

A category of people type this nonsense all the time

It's not impossible though
Re: A Dollar Is Now Sold For N1,230 by Putindbutt: 1:19pm On Mar 31
Paraman:
No o, we're going to defeat #26 to dollar as at during Abubakar's time
Lol.. those guys are so dull.

1 Like

Re: A Dollar Is Now Sold For N1,230 by Rantingpiglets: 1:26pm On Mar 31
Agbado said that at POLARIS Bank $$ was #907.

RONU people without brains.
Re: A Dollar Is Now Sold For N1,230 by abc115: 1:26pm On Mar 31
LadyRosa:
No .. wasteful barbaric years when $20 billion is used to subsidise naira. We don't subsidized any more. Get knowledge and understanding

https://punchng.com/cbn-defends-naira-with-11-24bn-in-seven-months/

1 Share

Re: A Dollar Is Now Sold For N1,230 by FODA(m): 1:40pm On Mar 31
yoruboid:

God bless Yorubaland
God bless Arewa land
and God bless Biafra land too,we are one Nigeria,before you quote me,I m from agugu ibadan .
Re: A Dollar Is Now Sold For N1,230 by DesChyko: 1:45pm On Mar 31
abc115:
It is below 1k now, no body will give you above N1k for $1

You know a troll account by the many stupid combination of numbers after the letters.

Agbadorians.
Re: A Dollar Is Now Sold For N1,230 by Freighthost: 1:58pm On Mar 31
Good news n good development
Re: A Dollar Is Now Sold For N1,230 by Benwallt(m): 2:57pm On Mar 31
CodeTemplar:
I wonder why food stuff sellers and vendors aren't responding accordingly. When prices of forex was going up, they were quick to check Intl equivalent of prices and adjust to it.
Now the reverse is the case, I wonder why the food item prices are still headed that old direction.

Is dollar involved in the production of satchet water, garri, fufu, beans, and other local products?

The shout about the dollar is just a misplaced priority.
Re: A Dollar Is Now Sold For N1,230 by CodeTemplar: 3:08pm On Mar 31
Benwallt:

Is dollar involved in the production of satchet water, garri, fufu, beans, and other local products?

yes. Even if not wholly involved, the idea of substitutes in food means if rices goes up, other favourite substitute of rice will go up. So if wheat flour(bread flour) from Ukraine/Russia goes up due to dollar, people leave bread and run towards rice or corn pushing demand for rice or corn higher against stagnant supply, and thus price too.
Re: A Dollar Is Now Sold For N1,230 by jmoore(m): 3:11pm On Mar 31
CodeTemplar:

NNPC should reduce price of petrol. It is imported with forex.

The body language of NNPC shows something is fishy.
Re: A Dollar Is Now Sold For N1,230 by jmoore(m): 3:14pm On Mar 31
Paraman:
Have you forgotten that the naira has been subjected to a free float and the exchange rate is no longer decided by the the CBN?

You need to get updated. CBN fixes prices for BDCs.
Re: A Dollar Is Now Sold For N1,230 by Namkbank: 3:18pm On Mar 31
Saskay44:
Below 1k by April 🤔.... See the price difference between buying and selling seems people might be finding it hard to buy dollars

Till the day dollar become
Re: A Dollar Is Now Sold For N1,230 by AcadaWriter: 5:11pm On Mar 31
Okay
Re: A Dollar Is Now Sold For N1,230 by harjay1986: 5:47pm On Mar 31
Benwallt:

Yes dollar involve, now in my community before a sack of cassava is around 3k but as dollar rise the Chinese that do buy cassava increase the price and the locals are now selling at 7000k per sack.... somany country are here in Nigeria who want to buy the farm product to their country in respective of the price and they know the only way is to increase the price to the farmer so that the farmer will sell to them first

(1) (Reply)

Intercontinental Bank Has Done It Again! / If U Have A Genuine Business Idea Lets Talk / Bus/van/truck Needed For Pure Water Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.