Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,983 members, 7,866,685 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 11:19 PM

Ikwerre Or Igbo? An Author Of Confusion Busted On Twitter - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikwerre Or Igbo? An Author Of Confusion Busted On Twitter (1719 Views)

Compulsive Lairs Busted On X / Felicia Adebola Adedoyin Is Dead (Author Of Nigeria’s National Pledge Dies) / Sowore Busted On Live Radio Over Blackmail Allegation. Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikwerre Or Igbo? An Author Of Confusion Busted On Twitter by KGBKremlin: 8:19pm On Mar 31
Goodvibes007:
Then minorities in the SS are enduring alot.

Igbo know their boundaries secret love from Nigerians to Igbo causes all this.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre Or Igbo? An Author Of Confusion Busted On Twitter by KGBKremlin: 8:23pm On Mar 31
Jogs1900:
Many of them lack knowledge of history.They even thought Delta state was in the old Eastern region not knowing it was in Western region.I don't know how their Biafra crossed over to Delta state, an old Western region territory.

They knew that the invasion madness of the 60s won't try itself again otherwise Igbo will be a historic tribe, the little luck they are having to accommodate them in Delta region is because of forced marriage to our men.

3 Likes

Re: Ikwerre Or Igbo? An Author Of Confusion Busted On Twitter by opamoses1: 8:23pm On Mar 31
gidgiddy:
I wonder why some people are having heart attack over the Ikwerre\Igbo issue? Some Ikwerres like former Governor Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi have come out to say his is a proud Igbo man, another Ikwerre like former Governor Nyesom Wike says he is not

The present Deputy President General of Ohanaeze is an Ikwerre man called Ihunwo Obi Wali, from Rumu-Igbo. The former Secretary General of Ohanaeze is Barrister Uche Okwukwu, from Elele.

Some Ikwerres say they are Igbo, others say they are not, to each their own

However, Ikwerre is a very small territory, just about 3 local governments, hardly anything for any Igbo man to have heart attack over such a very small area

Not even Anioma with 9 Local governments is worth worrying about
But lots of Igbos like to provoke them on social media calling them Igbo. If you know alot of them don't like that tag, why do alot of Igbos keep doing that. Some reactions to the post below.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre Or Igbo? An Author Of Confusion Busted On Twitter by KGBKremlin: 8:26pm On Mar 31
Bulldozer90:
Funny enough most of those dedicated handles of "I am not Ibo" are on DSS payroll.

Adaka Boro, rejected you the pioneer of agitator in Nigeria as well as south west people, even the northerners.

Stop forcing yourselves on people who hated you.

3 Likes

Re: Ikwerre Or Igbo? An Author Of Confusion Busted On Twitter by opamoses1: 8:27pm On Mar 31
JAMO84:
It can't be a coincidence that everyone wants to stay away from you, even your own distant relatives, says a lot about your personality.
Thenikwerres have been pushing back for a very long time. If they had not been pushing back, their tribe could have gone extinct.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre Or Igbo? An Author Of Confusion Busted On Twitter by KGBKremlin: 8:29pm On Mar 31
Ogene001:

Minorities should know their boundary. State boundary is not ethnic boundary

Something your forefathers tried and sacrifice many of you when your region was then semi evil forest is what all of you are making noise on now that your uninhabitable place has turned into a full evil forest.

Go and ask kanu how far.
Re: Ikwerre Or Igbo? An Author Of Confusion Busted On Twitter by KGBKremlin: 8:32pm On Mar 31
JAMO84:
It can't be a coincidence that everyone wants to stay away from you, even your own distant relatives, says a lot about your personality.

Anyone you see saying there is nothing like Niger delta you should know that they are saying that out of envy and inferiority complex.

They always felt as if they are in the position of the Deltan.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre Or Igbo? An Author Of Confusion Busted On Twitter by KGBKremlin: 8:34pm On Mar 31
SpatialKing:

Not all part of Delta was in the old western and mid-western region...

You claim you know history yet you know nothing

Even Oro was in eastern region republican of evil forest of Igbo.
Re: Ikwerre Or Igbo? An Author Of Confusion Busted On Twitter by Tdotbluejays1: 8:38pm On Mar 31
SpatialKing:

You are wrong. Delta was part of the western then Midwest.

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerre Or Igbo? An Author Of Confusion Busted On Twitter by Tdotbluejays1: 8:42pm On Mar 31
Nigerian tribes are more related than we think buts it's better for everyone that wants to be left alone be left alone for peace to reign.

In Europe, Alot of the countries in western Europe are related as well.they share similar linguistics and language but no one is claiming the other.

There are similar words in Yoruba and Igbo but one is not claiming the other. Same should apply to other southern tribes in the delta region as well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre Or Igbo? An Author Of Confusion Busted On Twitter by gidgiddy: 8:54pm On Mar 31
opamoses1:

But lots of Igbos like to provoke them on social media calling them Igbo. If you know alot of them don't like that tag, why do alot of Igbos keep doing that. Some reactions to the post below.

It's for Ikwerres to go and sort out amongst them who is Igbo and who is not. We can't have Ikwere men like Governor Ameachi say he is Igbo, and a Governor Wike say he is not Igbo, which Ikwerre is Igbo and which is not?

But as I said before, whenever any Ikwerre person wants to say 'come' in Ikwerre language, he will say 'Bia', and only one ethnic group says that in Nigeria

At the end of the say, Ikwerre is just 3 LGA's, very small territory. That's not even up to the Igbos of the lower Benue, the Umezeokoha people

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerre Or Igbo? An Author Of Confusion Busted On Twitter by NaMe4: 9:13pm On Mar 31
Jogs1900:
Many of them lack knowledge of history.They even thought Delta state was in the old Eastern region not knowing it was in Western region.I don't know how their Biafra crossed over to Delta state, an old Western region territory.

It's pure illiteracy on the part of some and self-deceiving covetousness on the part of others such as the mazi in DSS custody.
He'll remain there.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre Or Igbo? An Author Of Confusion Busted On Twitter by Benwallt(m): 9:31pm On Mar 31
SpatialKing:

Tell us which part

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerre Or Igbo? An Author Of Confusion Busted On Twitter by Alphanancy: 8:21am On Apr 01
I am from Delta State and I AM IGBO. And proudly so too.
Who e pain make he go quench.
Jogs1900:

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre Or Igbo? An Author Of Confusion Busted On Twitter by Konquest: 10:33am On Apr 01
Tdotbluejays1:
Nigerian tribes are more related than we think buts it's better for everyone that wants to be left alone be left alone for peace to reign.

In Europe, Alot of the countries in western Europe are related as well.they share similar linguistics and language but no one is claiming the other.

There are similar words in Yoruba and Igbo but one is not claiming the other. Same should apply to other southern tribes in the delta region as well.
Akuko, Ewure (Ewu), Ogun meaning medicine (Ogwu) Egungun, etc, are some other words. Egwugwu is the Igala spelling for the actual Yoruba Egungun. It's just the spelling that was changed.

It's the Igala influence of centuries that have led to those "similar words" finding their way into Ibo lexicon especially through the Anambra/Enugu axis where you have Igala bloodlines for over 500 years now where there was and still is Igala interaction with the aboriginal tribes of those area. Even the red chieftaincy cap Ibos use was actually introduced by the Igalas into the Nsukka area from where it was copied in areas of Iboland that didn't even have interactions with Igalas.

Igala is classified officially as a Yoruboid language bearing strong similarities to the Yoruba language up to about 40 percent intelligible.

The late Attah of Igala Michael Ameh Oboni stated in an interview in 2017 that Igala came into existence through the migration of a large group of people (who originated from the Wukari area of Taraba State) along the River Benue and their fusion with a significant number of Yoruba people and Edos in the Niger and Benue Rivers Confluence, This is how Igala came into existence with the fusion of some Yorubas about 700 years ago. So, that is how Yoruba words found their way into Igala language due to the admixtures. Igalas also have linguistic relationships with Idomas and presence in Anambra and Enugu State.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre Or Igbo? An Author Of Confusion Busted On Twitter by Dafresh: 1:05pm On Apr 01
KGBKremlin:

Even Oro was in eastern region republican of evil forest of Igbo.
stop crying
Re: Ikwerre Or Igbo? An Author Of Confusion Busted On Twitter by Tdotbluejays1: 2:45pm On Apr 01
Konquest:

Akuko, Ewure (Ewu), Ogun meaning medicine (Ogwu) Egungun, etc, are some other words. Egwugwu is the Igala spelling for the actual Yoruba Egungun. It's just the spelling that was changed.

It's the Igala influence of centuries that have led to those "similar words" finding their way into Ibo lexicon especially through the Anambra/Enugu axis where you have Igala bloodlines for over 500 years now where there was and still is Igala interaction with the aboriginal tribes of those area. Even the red chieftaincy cap Ibos use was actually introduced by the Igalas into the Nsukka area from where it was copied in areas of Iboland that didn't even have interactions with Igalas.

Igala is classified officially as a Yoruboid language bearing strong similarities to the Yoruba language up to about 40 percent intelligible.

The late Attah of Igala Michael Ameh Oboni stated in an interview in 2017 that Igala came into existence through the migration of a large group of people (who originated from the Wukari area of Taraba State) along the River Benue and their fusion with a significant number of Yoruba people and Edos in the Niger and Benue Rivers Confluence, This is how Igala came into existence with the fusion of some Yorubas about 700 years ago. So, that is how Yoruba words found their way into Igala language due to the admixtures. Igalas also have linguistic relationships with Idomas and presence in Anambra and Enugu State.

Thanks for this education.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre Or Igbo? An Author Of Confusion Busted On Twitter by BeninRefugees: 3:13pm On Apr 01
Konquest:

I learnt Igala first at Idah before I learnt before I learnt Yoruba

there are a huge similarities of words

I have always believed igala Is a dialect of Yoruba

my personal opinion tho

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre Or Igbo? An Author Of Confusion Busted On Twitter by BeninRefugees: 3:15pm On Apr 01
Amaechi - I'm Igbo

Wike- I'm not Igbo

imagine speaking igbo , dressing igbo, having same culture and traditions even bearing igbo name but calling yourself Benin grin grin

they're attracting curse on themselves
Re: Ikwerre Or Igbo? An Author Of Confusion Busted On Twitter by Konquest: 6:24pm On Apr 01
BeninRefugees:

I learnt Igala first at Idah before I learnt before I learnt Yoruba

there are a huge similarities of words

I have always believed igala Is a dialect of Yoruba

my personal opinion tho
That's very interesting.

Your opinion is indeed historically very valid.

If you look at Igalas, they also consult Ifa like the Yoruba Ifa priests do before a new Attah of Igala is crowned according to the late Attah of Igala in that 2017 interview I posted about. The natives of Nri also call Ifa "Afa" (which is a corruption of Ifa). Infact, old photos posted here on NL show an Eze of Nri who is a priest-king dressed with adornments like the Attahs of Igala dressed in Idah, so, the Nris certainly had interactions with the Igalas.

History is indeed very fascinating and shows that even before the British Colonialism in Nigeria of the late 1800s, Nigerian ethnicities such as Yorubas, Igalas, Ibos, Ebiras, Idomas, Nupes, etc, have closely interacted around the border areas.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre Or Igbo? An Author Of Confusion Busted On Twitter by Konquest: 6:27pm On Apr 01
Tdotbluejays1:

Thanks for this education.
You're welcome.
Re: Ikwerre Or Igbo? An Author Of Confusion Busted On Twitter by BeninRefugees: 9:53pm On Apr 01
Konquest:

That's very interesting.

Your opinion is indeed historically very valid.

If you look at Igalas, they also consult Ifa like the Yoruba Ifa priests do before a new Attah of Igala is crowned according to the late Attah of Igala in that 2017 interview I posted about. The natives of Nri also call Ifa "Afa" (which is a corruption of Ifa). Infact, old photos posted here on NL show an Eze of Nri who is a priest-king dressed with adornments like the Attahs of Igala dresse in Idah, so, the Nris certainly had interactions with the Igalas.

History is indeed very fascinating and shows that even before the British Colonialism in Nigeria of the late 1800s, Nigerian ethnicities such as Yorubas, Igalas, Ibos, Ebiras, Idomas, Nupes, etc, have closely interacted around the border areas.

True.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre Or Igbo? An Author Of Confusion Busted On Twitter by Whalis: 10:13pm On Apr 01
Kukutente23:
So how come Ikwerre bear Igbo names
It is the other way bro.

3 Likes

Re: Ikwerre Or Igbo? An Author Of Confusion Busted On Twitter by Whalis: 10:16pm On Apr 01
danijesus:
Divide and rule tactics, there's nothing like ss or Se,all are eastern region and that's why they vote along the same line
You don't like Nigeria created by Lord Lugard but you like Eastern Region created by the same man. No be juju be that?

3 Likes

Re: Ikwerre Or Igbo? An Author Of Confusion Busted On Twitter by Whalis: 10:18pm On Apr 01
gidgiddy:
I wonder why some people are having heart attack over the Ikwerre\Igbo issue? Some Ikwerres like former Governor Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi have come out to say his is a proud Igbo man, another Ikwerre like former Governor Nyesom Wike says he is not

The present Deputy President General of Ohanaeze is an Ikwerre man called Ihunwo Obi Wali, from Rumu-Igbo. The former Secretary General of Ohanaeze is Barrister Uche Okwukwu, from Elele.

Some Ikwerres say they are Igbo, others say they are not, to each their own

However, Ikwerre is a very small territory, just about 3 local governments, hardly anything for any Igbo man to have heart attack over such a very small area

Not even Anioma with 9 Local governments is worth worrying about
Amaechi never claimed to be an igbo man. Having an Igbo heritage is not the same as being Igbo. Amaechi told the Deji of Akure during his presidential campaign that he is ikwerre.
https://thefact.ng/16709-2/

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Alleged Insult On Igbos: Apologise Within 7 Days Or Face Our Gods – Group Warns / Can We Live With These Muslims In Nigeria? (nigeria Vs. Lebanon) / Baby kidnapping/trafficking mess in Chanchangi flight of 31.12.09True Life Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.