Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN (7116 Views)

Fresh Arguments As Orji Kalu Challenges Continued Detention / TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid / Why Benin Republic, Others Get Stable Electricity Than Nigeria-TCN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by nlfpmod: 5:34pm On Mar 31
GRID CHALLENGES: CONTINUED EFFORTS TO ENHANCE STABILITY

Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) notes that it remains committed to managing the grid and ensuring grid stability amidst ongoing challenges such as the persistent low gas supply affecting power generation into the nation's grid.

Our diligent grid controllers work tirelessly day and night to balance the grid and prevent any kind of disturbance amidst challenges. The recent grid disturbance on March 28, 2024, was promptly managed by our skilled operators, with power restoration achieved in some areas within 21 minutes of the disturbance.

We acknowledge the collaborative efforts of the Federal Government, particularly the Minister of Power, who has been working hard to address the root causes of low gas supply. The Minister has held meetings with Generating

Companies (GenCos) and Gas Companies (GasCos) to secure a higher volume of gas supply and consistency for enhanced power generation.

As efforts to stabilize gas supply progress, TCN emphasizes the importance of consistent gas availability to sustain optimal power generation and facilitate easier grid management, reducing system disturbances. It is a fact that low power generation substantially increases grid fragility.

In addition to gas supply challenges, TCN faces various sector-specific hurdles, some impact other players in the value chain, but invariably affect grid stability. Vandalism is a persistent challenge, as clearly seen in the first quarter of 2024 alone, in which five significant vandalism incidents disrupted transmission operations, necessitating emergency repairs and, in some cases, complete tower reconstruction and/or transmission line replacement due to acts of vandalism. These highlight the critical need for increased community support and vigilance in protecting transmission infrastructure.

TCN urges heightened vigilance, for now, particularly in the Zuba area, following alerts of a planned attack on TCN facilities in Zuba. We implore residents to remain vigilant and report any suspicious activities around power facilities in the area to safeguard the integrity of our infrastructure and ensure uninterrupted power supply to all.

Again, we urge everyone, especially those living close to TCN towers nationwide, to please join hands with TCN in safeguarding power transmission towers and cables.

Ndidi Mbah
GM, Public Affairs
31/3/24

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by billionman: 5:38pm On Mar 31
Its been quite epileptic. Is this how grids collapse in other countries? Wetin dey make the grid collapse like a weak man every time?

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by StoneLucifer: 5:39pm On Mar 31
Bastards under a very useless president

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by Ulogwe1: 5:39pm On Mar 31
Na y ooo.
Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by God1000(m): 5:39pm On Mar 31
Very incompetent people

We are in total darkness in my area

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by pretydiva(f): 5:39pm On Mar 31
No light since yesterday. The heat is killing, I can’t take this anymore🥲

7 Likes

Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by Yashita: 5:40pm On Mar 31
1. Forex rate
2. Electricity
3. Petroleum

If this government can fix these 3 problems before their tenure ends, I will vote for them in 2027.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by Christlike01: 5:42pm On Mar 31
Gibberish! Let there be light and stop speaking yeye grammar,a bunch of incompetent fools!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by AK89: 5:42pm On Mar 31
He built lehgas...

He tamed the Atalantik O-Cean...

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by Meti99(m): 5:43pm On Mar 31
Nigeria badluck country.
I am 40 years. I grew up shouting up NEPA.
I wept when I heard my children shouting up NEPA again..all past and present leaders of Nigeria are badlucks

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by merits(m): 5:43pm On Mar 31
United Nigeria generator Republic of 🌍 Africa

1 Like

Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by henlooma80: 5:44pm On Mar 31
You guys are acting like a complete failure.

1 Like

Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by mamaafrik(m): 5:44pm On Mar 31
Many of our state governors are so useless,I expect that by now many if the states should be building State owned Power lines to compete with the Federal transmission companies.
All they know is giving excuses here and there but they are so quick to associate themselves with Alex otitis.
Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by Papayaayasager(m): 5:45pm On Mar 31
Daku daji
Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by tobenuel(m): 5:45pm On Mar 31
Funnily enough, we fit still dey struggle with this our 4k mega watt till rapture comes

Angel Gabriel or Michael fit vex ask, why this country no get light??, him go para well well
Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by Yemaya: 5:46pm On Mar 31
Your lives shall be plunged into prolonged eternal darkness

Keep it up continue
Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by sanya4good(m): 5:46pm On Mar 31
To hell with national grid
Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by Rich4god(m): 5:53pm On Mar 31
In 2 years, grid have collapsed more than 7 times. Yet then never still find solution to the issue.

1 Like

Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by nkwoemeka(m): 5:56pm On Mar 31
Story for the gods, with this epileptic power supply, I pray that one day what happened to Nigerian airways, and nitel will come to you nepa , stupid parastators.
Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by TrackerSK: 5:56pm On Mar 31
This recent power Minister is very useless

4 Likes

Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by Festusse(m): 5:59pm On Mar 31
Issoright
Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by SaLongs1(m): 5:59pm On Mar 31
AK89:
He built lehgas...

He tamed the Atalantik O-Cean...

grin Wickedness no go kee you ooO!

1 Like

Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by Idun2024(f): 6:00pm On Mar 31
Hehehe

Tinubu, that power minister should be sacked before 9am on Tuesday morning.

I want to read that news on all the national newspapers

Out of 24 hours, we barely have 3 hours electricity supply these days.

Is it too much to have even if it’s 10 hours electricity supply per day?

Anyways, I’m still waiting for my Easter package.

Seyi should bring it on Wednesday

I will be waiting under the tree where DSS use to pack that armoured tank around the blocked gate that leads to the villa on Wednesday morning.

6 Likes

Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by Treasure17(m): 6:01pm On Mar 31
The grid will collapse again next week. It's a reoccurring decimal.

4 Likes

Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by omowolewa: 6:01pm On Mar 31
No stability until actions

Create a parallel grid where necessary.

National Grid should be divided Subnationally

Ensure adequate supplies of gas to plants

Adopt artificial intelligence to monitor the grid demand and supplies.

Find ICT intelligent way of preventing energy theft rather than increasing tariff

1 Like

Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by Melagros(m): 6:04pm On Mar 31
COMRADES, everything about the evil APC is disaster and shameful
No single power supply
No food to eat
No Naira at hand and also in the bank
No transparency in governance
No dollars in circulation
No good roads network
No portable drinking water
No sufficient security for the masses
No developmental plans
No blueprints for leadership
Everything about APC and their useless president is lie, lie, lie and liessssss

2 Likes

Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by 3seriez(m): 6:05pm On Mar 31
If only Solar was affordable for majority, we would all have forgotten anything TCN or distribution company by now.
Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by GindoX(m): 6:06pm On Mar 31
No matter the grid collapse, the next town dey dey light, na express just divide us... I wonder where their own grid dey.. e no dey collapse.

2 Likes

Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by Charly68: 6:19pm On Mar 31
The TCN body should be probed...we are tired of same complaints since the days of OBJ despite several Govt interventions. No light in Abuja as I write

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party / Rochas Okorocha Ogboni Man Singing Worship Song / Buhari's Daughter zahra Put Gej On Blast On Twitter See Tweet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.