Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,265 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN (7121 Views)

Fresh Arguments As Orji Kalu Challenges Continued Detention / TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid / Why Benin Republic, Others Get Stable Electricity Than Nigeria-TCN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by Mandate1: 6:26pm On Mar 31
Power should be the president's priority, but no, na fuel subsidy removal.
Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by Angelfrost(m): 6:28pm On Mar 31
Sigh... Like play, like play, one full year go end with the entire nation living in darkness.

Inside this hell fire heat, na una decide to dey summersault grid anyhow...!

Y'all couldn't chill till rainy season... Evil souls!

1 Like

Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by Mandate1: 6:29pm On Mar 31
AK89:
He built lehgas...

He tamed the Atalantik O-Cean...

he built Lagos that was the capital of Nigeria from 1914-1992. Clowns!

1 Like

Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by Mandate1: 6:31pm On Mar 31
Rich4god:
In 2 years, grid have collapsed more than 7 times. Yet then never still find solution to the issue.
that 7 times should be for 2014 alone.
Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by israelmao(m): 6:32pm On Mar 31
National grid was said to have collapsed 46times between 2017 and 2023.How do we know a nation with viable and effective economy?It is by her power generation,South Africa has long achieved 50,000megawatts for population of 60million while Nigeria is still struggling with 6,000 megawatts for population of over 250milion.

1 Like

Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by LGraphics(m): 6:47pm On Mar 31
God will help us.

Good day. I am Emmanuel, a graphic designer. I can handle your design projects.

Check my Portfolio here:
https://www.nairaland.com/7998694/graphic-design-portfolio...check-amazing-designs
Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by Didijiji: 6:48pm On Mar 31
Charly68:
The TCN body should be probed...we are tired of same complaints since the days of OBJ despite several Govt interventions. No light in Abuja as I write
jagabanb

Come and see my hand writing
Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by nedu666: 6:59pm On Mar 31
Everything in Nigeria is too centralised to the detriment of Nigerians.
End centralised grid, we should have regional grid, decentralised police, federal roads should end, if the road is in your state fix it.

1 Like

Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by Yok2: 7:37pm On Mar 31
StoneLucifer:
Bastards under a very useless president

The way this President (has won the price for the worst president already). I think someone should check and see if this was the Tinubu of those days or we are having a case of another Jubril cloned from another Country now imposed on Nigerians, a true Nigerian will not make the bulk of Nigerians to be suffering like this (he is like telling the public, I am not concerned about Nigerians, this is realy sad!!!
Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by Mcslize: 7:43pm On Mar 31
billionman:
Its been quite epileptic. Is this how grids collapse in other countries? Wetin dey make the grid collapse like a weak man every time?

I asked this same question some days ago. Why is Nigeria matters always like this? The other countries that had been having constant light for whole 10 years straight, no interruption, why can't Nigeria replicate same?

Why must everything about Nigeria be in chaos? Why must national grids always collapse? Why must gas pipelines always be vandalised? Why can't Nigeria get it right in every sector?

The questions are numerous. I won't lie to you, if I say I don't regret being born in Nigeria, I will be lieing.

Simple basic amenities are what we are still battling with for over 60 years of independence.

Trust me when I say , this country is cursed. Nigeria is cursed. Nothing anyone will try to tell me about this. I have always told ogbonti that this country is no doubt cursed.

1 Like

Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by Lovit(m): 7:56pm On Mar 31
Same incompetence
same excuses
From Gas shortage to low ocean level to infrastructure vandalizations, all excuses everyday
Many small African nations got electricity 24/7, yet since 1960, Nigerian leaders keeps giving excuses
Shame to all Nigerian leaders and politicians
Shame!!!
Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by fitinwell: 8:22pm On Mar 31
Yashita:
1. Forex rate
2. Electricity
3. Petroleum

If this government can fix these 3 problems before their tenure ends, I will vote for them in 2027.

In your dreams...
Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by fitinwell: 8:26pm On Mar 31
Mcslize:

I asked this same question some days ago. Why is Nigeria matters always like this? The other countries that had been having constant light for whole 10 years straight, no interruption, why can't Nigeria replicate same?

Why must everything about Nigeria be in chaos? Why must national grids always collapse? Why must gas pipelines always be vandalised? Why can't Nigeria get it right in every sector?

The questions are numerous. I won't lie to you, if I say I don't regret being born in Nigeria, I will be lieing.

Simple basic amenities are what we are still battling with for over 60 years of independence.

Trust me when I say , this country is cursed. Nigeria is cursed. Nothing anyone will try to tell me about this. I have always told ogbonti that this country is no doubt cursed.

It's not that Nigeria is Cursed .. to you it's seems Cursed but No..

Nigeria is blessed with 85% of her citizens with liars , greedy, self centered, accumulators, destiny killers.. murders
Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by udomonday: 8:30pm On Mar 31
A country that cannot solve its problem since it came into existence is not qualified as a country.
Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by Ogene001: 8:43pm On Mar 31
Nnaji decentralized generation and distribution. Since then nobody get mind to do same for transmission
Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by Bimpe29: 8:49pm On Mar 31
With the quantum amount of public funds invested and expended on power generation and transmission since 1999, we should have passed this level of national issue of grid collapse and inadequate gas supply.
Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by Harrisonwo(m): 8:58pm On Mar 31
The national grid should be unbundled and turned regional.
Every region should generate, distribute, and maintain their own grid and excess generated sold to other region.
We can't continue depending on our dilapidated, old, and outdated transmission system and expect a different result
Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by Debangis20(m): 9:22pm On Mar 31
This is very worrisome, the issue of power failure! Totally affects trades that depend heavily on power and affect all and sundry.
Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by Easylife1234: 9:37pm On Mar 31
No be today
Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by AllahOfBlood: 9:51pm On Mar 31
Na thunder go fire Una
Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by Bluntemperor: 10:16pm On Mar 31
nedu666:
Everything in Nigeria is too centralised to the detriment of Nigerians.
End centralised grid, we should have regional grid, decentralised police, federal roads should end, if the road is in your state fix it.

It's Corruption that made the place like that- especially the North that wants Centralisation, thinking by this Centralisation,they continue to have their ways and they need to know that things are Changing Rapidly!
- DISCOS are all Fraud- they can't improve,as they cannot give Nigeria Industilisation we urgently needed as Corruption have finished them! Where are the Prepaid Meters?
- Gemco is just not there,but so Confused
-TCN is a big manipulation organisation,afterall those that should retire wants to stay and you now wander what the Power Minister is doing,for since he came to tell Nigerians that Power should be subsided or need to remove Subsidies,Power/ Electricity Output has dropped considerably!
-If the Minister can't help,he should go,for this is not what we expect in NIGERIA in 21St Century .We want 24/7 Lights,not darkness!
Aba have Started, let Other States join!
Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by damoobaba: 12:22am On Apr 01
StoneLucifer:
Bastards under a very useless president

Your father must be extremely worthless to have produced a non-entity like you EITHER LEGALLY OR ILLEGALLY, who can't identify useless people. Do your research and compare Tinubu's achievements with that of your father. With that research, you should be able to identify the REAL USELESS MAN.
Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by nairalanda1(m): 5:43am On Apr 01
As usual, the real issue hasn't been discussed...the cost reflective tarrif.
Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by akaahs(m): 2:09pm On Apr 01
billionman:
Its been quite epileptic. Is this how grids collapse in other countries? Wetin dey make the grid collapse like a weak man every time?
*CAUSES OF NATIONAL GRID COLLAPSE!!!*

Let us take a look at what causes national electricity grid collapse and how it occurs.

What will happen before a grid collapses. I will try to explain in a layman way.

There are 26-grid connected power plants currently.
These power plants generate the power that the entire country uses, and it's synchronised and distributed across the country by the TCN.

TCN are the ones that handle the distribution of power by sending it to Discos.TCN is a government owned entity that majorly operates in three (3) different departments.

1. Transmission Service Provider (TSP)
2. System Operator (SO)
3. Market Operator (MO)

TSP are the ones in charge of maintaining the cables and towers that transmit the light.MO are the ones that handle market processes, rules, enforcement, finances, etc.

SO are the ones in charge of maintaining and stabilising our national grid.

National grid is the interconnections of high transmission wires/cables across the country.The national grid stabilisation and maintenance is done by two methods:

1. Grid frequency
2. Voltage

The most common item that causes the national grid collapsed is measured by grid frequency.

Let us look at how it works.Grid frequency measures the demand and supply of electricity despatch to consumers from the Gencos.

Frequency meters are measured in hertz (Hz).

Based on the grid code, our normal frequency level is supposed to be 50Hz.
Example.

If the current power generation is 4000MWh and people are using all the 4000MWh, then supply is equal to demand, and frequency should be 50Hz.

This is a perfect condition that is highly unlikely.

If we are generating 4000MWh and People are using 3700Mwh, then obviously supply is higher than demand, and for that reason, the frequency will show you 51Hz.

If we are generating 4000MWh and people are trying to use 4200MWh, demand is higher than supply, and for that reason, the frequency will show 49Hz.I know you will ask me how you can be generating 4000MWh and be trying to use 4200MWh😅😅

Take, for instance, your using I-pass-my-neighbour generator, and you're trying to connect 2HP A.C. with microwave on the generator😂

The generator will just automatically shut down.That's how it happens, too, on the national grid.

Nigerian national grid is set to operate on a designated frequency level

Upper limit = 51.25Hz

Lower limit = 48.75Hz

The job of an S.O. is to make sure that the frequency movement is in between these 2 levels Any significant deviation from these 2 levels, i.e., if it exceeds the threshold above or below it, such might trigger a national grid collapse.

A grid collapse is not like a collapse that something bad happens, no. The 26 grid connected generators will automatically Shut down because of safety and security reasons.

In your houses, if you have a serious electrical fault, the circuit breaker will trip off to shut down the entire supply and protect everyone from potential injury or damages.

This is also how it works on a national level. The demand for electricity is not static. For example, let's say you have 10 ACs in your house and other appliances.

In full capacity, your house is consuming 500Kwh, and average capacity can be 300Kwh or less. Lets say in this hot weather, they only allocate 250Kwh to your house, and you're trying to use it in full capacity, if you switch on everything the demand will exceed the available supply you have and for that reason the light will automatically go off. These are all examples of how a demand is trying to exceed supply and how the system will protect itself.

On the flip side, when supply exceeds demand, the system will equally go off for safety reasons. In Nigeria, supply does not always exceed demand unless there is an adverse event that occurs.

1 Like

Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by JagabanB: 10:57pm On Apr 01
Didijiji:
jagabanb

Come and see my hand writing
Your theory always comes without proof, keep mentioning me up and down in ur profound f00Iishñess, I have a house in Abuja, I live in Abuja.
My family is in Abuja.
U told a fat lie that Abuja didn't have light for 4 days which I countered you with full evidence over how many weeks ago, u told a Iie, own up to ur lie and stop mentioning months later.
Don't be a f00I.
Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by PropertyBuying(f): 11:32pm On Apr 01
grin grin
Yashita:
1. Forex rate
2. Electricity
3. Petroleum

If this government can fix these 3 problems before their tenure ends, I will vote for them in 2027.

Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by Didijiji: 8:49am On Apr 02
JagabanB:

Your theory always comes without proof, keep mentioning me up and down in ur profound f00Iishñess, I have a house in Abuja, I live in Abuja.
My family is in Abuja.
U told a fat lie that Abuja didn't have light for 4 days which I countered you with full evidence over how many weeks ago, u told a Iie, own up to ur lie and stop mentioning months later.
Don't be a f00I.
This guy u be mumu ooo

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Didnt you see it there? No light in Abuja ooooo... Na me write am?
Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by delpee(f): 8:57am On Apr 02
Why can't we decentralise the grid so that if a tower falls in Ilorin for instance, it only affects that zone ? That will drastically reduce the massive losses and downtime arising from system collapse across the nation.
Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by JagabanB: 2:45pm On Apr 02
Didijiji:
This guy u be mumu ooo

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Didnt you see it there? No light in Abuja ooooo... Na me write am?
Go and teII ur fada he's a f00I.
In real life u won't stand close to my circle.
You told a lie few weeks back, own up to it.
Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by Didijiji: 2:51pm On Apr 02
JagabanB:

Go and teII ur fada he's a f00I.
In real life u won't stand close to my circle.
You told a lie few weeks back, own up to it.
Circle of fools and deceivers you mean

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Which lie did i tell? So the owner of this thread lied too?

dumb ass supporter
Re: Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN by JagabanB: 9:55pm On Apr 03
Didijiji:
Circle of fools and deceivers you mean

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Which lie did i tell? So the owner of this thread lied too?

dumb ass supporter
U wóñ't match that circle even in ur next life.
U told a fat lie few weeks ago how Abuja don't have light for 4 days, u created a thread which I asked u to name the places and you couldn't name any, just like this thread, most of u complaining are the ones living in villages and suburbs and come on the internet to say there's no light in Abuja, say there's no light in ur area, there's light in Abuja.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Were Gen. Buhari's 2.5 Years' Achievements? / Picture Of Military Machines Arriving Today From Port / Ururuka Road Aba Nearing Completion: Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.