Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. (12645 Views)

Think Well Before You ‘Japa’ — Nigerian Man Shows Homeless People In US (Video) / To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) / My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by vibemad007: 9:10am On Apr 01
Na only them they get shortage of this n that, wetin those oyinbo they even study for sch

4 Likes

Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by Honestey: 9:12am On Apr 01
Please connect me, I get a powerful super glue I can use to hold broken white man teeth together

2 Likes

Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by ItisWell22(f): 9:15am On Apr 01
004gist:
There is a dentist crisis in the UK currently. If you are a dentist in Nigeria, just use any means to be in the UK. You are highly sought after. So many agencies, even the NHS, are looking for them to hand over sponsorship to them. Even the UK government is offering them £20,000 to set up practice in certain areas.

Someone I know wanted to pull a tooth and had to wait a month to get it done. Forget the hype of nurses.

Nothing like hype.

For every one doctor or other healthcare professional you’ll ever need, you’ll need about 4 nurses.

When the dentist carries out complicated procedures that can’t be done on outpatient basis, who cares for the patient?
Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by AfahaAbia(m): 9:16am On Apr 01
Even here in Nigeria. We have very very few Dentists.

1 Like

Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by sgtponzihater1(m): 9:18am On Apr 01
Nigerian Dentist keen to travelling should not miss the opportunity.
Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by Bigboytinz: 9:22am On Apr 01
esivue007:
Most of my seniors are en-route to UK as I speak.
Infact,one of my senior works with Arsenal team Doctors in London. He share a video,proof and all.
Infact,
He has a dual license.
Uk and Nigeria.

I Just dey pray Mai finish medical school quickly 🔜 abeg.
So help me God🙏
imagine wickedness. I'm sure you are been trained for free at a federal government University where the federal government pays majority of your fees. Why did you not try studying medicine in the UK at first and see if you would even gain admission. Or even if you would be able to afford the tuition fees which could cost upwards 50000 pounds. The federal government should just stop this free tuition of a thing

6 Likes

Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by Damian911: 9:34am On Apr 01
2Radii:
Shortage of doctors,
Shortage of dentist
Shortage of this and that..

Wait, is it that this jk citizens don't like going to school ni abi dem no sabi book?.

A no understand
Shortage, not absence undecided
Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by shankara7: 9:35am On Apr 01
Bigboytinz:
imagine wickedness. I'm sure you are been trained for free at a federal government University where the federal government pays majority of your fees. Why did you not try studying medicine in the UK at first and see if you would even gain admission. Or even if you would be able to afford the tuition fees which could cost upwards 50000 pounds. The federal government should just stop this free tuition of a thing
Or even at ABUAD or Covenant.. The tuition for Medicine at ABUAD is 5M/Session.. Accommodation, books and living expenses not inclusive..

2 Likes

Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by lekonso: 9:37am On Apr 01
nairalanda1:

Free education and healthcare comes at the price of a very high tax rate that if any of our leaders charged that here, there would be 'blood'.
Which blood go comot. When you see valuable things the govt is doing with the tax, who will complain. Why will someone complain when you yourself enjoyed free education and good health care with the tax system. They are using the tax money to provide for you, what you yourself cannot provide for yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by uvie66: 9:40am On Apr 01
004gist:
There is a dentist crisis in the UK currently. If you are a dentist in Nigeria, just use any means to be in the UK. You are highly sought after. So many agencies, even the NHS, are looking for them to hand over sponsorship to them. Even the UK government is offering them £20,000 to set up practice in certain areas.

Someone I know wanted to pull a tooth and had to wait a month to get it done. Forget the hype of nurses.
....no shortage of dentists in the UK if you have your money, I remember pulling a tooth the same day without appointment for £250 charge..

1 Like

Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by Catalyst1992: 9:42am On Apr 01
Guy, professional courses are meant for poor people. No rich man pikin can keep sleepless nights we are keeping here.. especially medicine and surgery or dentistry. Not easy at all. Not meant for weak people.

4 Likes

Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by Afrojuju2017(m): 9:43am On Apr 01
004gist:

Dentists and dental surgeons make more money than general practice medical doctors sef.

3 Likes

Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by nairalanda1(m): 9:43am On Apr 01
lekonso:

Which blood go comot. When you see valuable things the govt is doing with the tax, who will complain. Why will someone complain when you yourself enjoyed free education and good health care with the tax system. They are using the tax money to provide for you, what you yourself cannot provide for yourself.

Well, only 20% of our government income comes from tax, the rest comes from oil, and isn't enough, and matters are made worse by the corruption that happens as a result

SO, where is the money for free education at all levels. (Education is subsidised by the way in this country at government run schools at all levels).?

Oga, I don't like the way you assume I support corruption. I am telling you the reality, I myself am pissed at all the goverments we have had since independence, I never went to school for free, and even with all that, free education costs something.
Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by Monaboo(m): 9:46am On Apr 01
Nigerian Government looking at this news right now after finalising how to stop Dentist from migrating abroad just like how they did with Nurses.

4 Likes

Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by Childofgrace18: 9:56am On Apr 01
We too dey make noise in this country. The poster just write, find any means to travel to the UK but didn't state the requirements. You think you will just start working in UK with ordinary Nigeria certificate? Before shouting and making noise as usual, Google requirements to practice as a dentist in the UK.

5 Likes

Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by id4sho(m): 9:57am On Apr 01
Tinubu waiting for y'all at the gate.

MDCN go do shege for verification cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by id4sho(m): 9:59am On Apr 01
Childofgrace18:
We too dey make noise in this country. The poster just write, find any means to travel to the UK but didn't state the requirements. You think you will just start working in UK with ordinary Nigeria certificate? Before shouting and making noise as usual, Google requirements to practice as a dentist in the UK.
Atoh, exams qualifications fees
Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by Childofgrace18: 10:05am On Apr 01
id4sho:

Atoh, exams qualifications fees

So you people think the exams are easy? See eeeeh if this exams and this things are easy the way Nigerians make noise online, no nurse, dentist and even medical doctors will be left in Nigeria.

From getting 7.0 band score in IELTS to passing ORE for dentist and registering with UK dental association.

For nurses from passing IELTS 7.0 band to passing CBT and passing OSCE when you get to UK.

Medical doctors nko? From passing IELTS 7.0 band score to writing PLAB1 in Abuja and after passing that one, you sponsor your self to UK to write PLAB2 and start looking for work online.

This things no dey easy but na to dey make noise online we Sabi.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by lagosrd: 10:05am On Apr 01
Mindlog:

Nigeria should train more dentists and export their skills, increasing remittance to Nigeria.

Cuba that is about half the population of Lagos, is the highest exporter of doctors in the world.

"Cuba, on the other hand, has successfully trained enough medical doctors to accommodate the needs of its own population and to supply healthcare personnel to alleviate the shortage of doctors in other countries. The 25 Cuban medical schools produce an annual average of about 11 000 doctors."

And what does Cuba looks like now....
Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by DaddyJapan(m): 10:05am On Apr 01
004gist:

Sure, send more of our precious few dentists to the UK, you enemy of progress. angry

In 2019, there were 1.4 thousand dentists in Nigeria for a population of about 206 million people. The majority of the professionals were male, which accounted for 810, while female dentists were 555. Compared to the previous two years, the number of dentists in Nigeria decreased.
Source: https://www.statista.com/statistics/1260792/number-of-dentists-in-nigeria-by-gender

In 2023, approximately 33.6 thousand dental practitioners were in employment in the United Kingdom (UK). In recent years the number of dental practitioners has generally decreased in the UK, since in 2015 there were still roughly 46 thousand dentists in employment.
Source: https://www.statista.com/statistics/318885/numbers-of-dental-practitioners-in-the-uk

1 Like

Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by DeltaBachelor(m): 10:13am On Apr 01
Japa route is always the better choice. Nigeria is becoming unbecoming for us all. Looking for IELTS runs to facilitate your smooth Japa progress, check my siggy for details . Cheers !!!!
Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by Jeje247: 10:18am On Apr 01
OkanlawonB:
Who should then take care of our home people in need of dental care?

Thank God is not everybody that is carried away with the idea of earning pounds Sterling.

Uk brain draining developing countries like Nigeria of their strategic manpower is not a long lasting solution to her constant and aggravating shortage.

Elsewhere on mainland Europe where fast accessibility to healthcare is taken for granted, tertiarry education including medicine and dentistry is free for citizens and foreigners. A good percentage of the students also get non refundable monthly allowances.

But GB is running tertiarry education as a business enterprise hence this selfinsufficiency.
How much are you willing to pay a dentist who decides to stay back? Besides our people don't take such seriously. Only when they have serious oral issue before they seek help. Let them go to where the service is needed and are assured of fair pay
Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by MT: 10:21am On Apr 01
004gist:

Haven't you heard of more than a year waiting time in the NHS ?

My friend had to fly to Nigeria for his medical procedure to be done asap.

1 Like

Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by Bigboytinz: 10:22am On Apr 01
shankara7:
Or even at ABUAD or Covenant.. The tuition for Medicine at ABUAD is 5M/Session.. Accommodation, books and living expenses not inclusive..
I'm telling you. Just reg fees at UNILAG they increased to 150k the ungrateful students are shouting. Yet they sash millions to the UK government to study rubbish courses in the name of masters programmes. Most of those unis sef are very lowly ranked universities in the UK and you don't write any examinations till you graduate!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by MT: 10:24am On Apr 01
DeltaBachelor:
Japa route is always the better choice. Nigeria is becoming unbecoming for us all. Looking for IELTS runs to facilitate your smooth Japa progress, check my siggy for details . Cheers !!!!

You have ruined the life of many Nurses that relocated to UK and the US with your silly runs - they have been discovered and now facing prison time and deportations.

Aint you ashamed to be advertising this disgusting service in the public ?

@Seun Osewa, time to ban this dude for life, along with his IP address.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by Thegamingorca(m): 10:43am On Apr 01
You will need to get a license from the GDC before you can practice or be hired to get a job.
Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by Thegamingorca(m): 10:44am On Apr 01
MT:

You have ruined the life of many Nurses that relocated to UK and the US with your silly runs - they have been discovered and now facing prison time and deportations.

Aint you ashamed to be advertising this disgusting service in the public ?

@Seun Osewa, time to ban this dude for life, along with his IP address.
grin grin how do you know he is directly responsible? Lol did anyone force the nurses to patronise his services
Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by Thegamingorca(m): 10:49am On Apr 01
Childofgrace18:

So you people think the exams are easy? See eeeeh if this exams and this things are easy the way Nigerians make noise online, no nurse, dentist and even medical doctors will be left in Nigeria.

From getting 7.0 band score in IELTS to passing ORE for dentist and registering with UK dental association.

For nurses from passing IELTS 7.0 band to passing CBT and passing OSCE when you get to UK.

Medical doctors nko? From passing IELTS 7.0 band score to writing PLAB1 in Abuja and after passing that one, you sponsor your self to UK to write PLAB2 and start looking for work online.

This things no dey easy but na to dey make noise online we Sabi.

grin
Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by Thegamingorca(m): 10:50am On Apr 01
id4sho:
Tinubu waiting for y'all at the gate.

MDCN go do shege for verification cheesy

Nah only certificate of good standing you need from MDCN nah
Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by Thegamingorca(m): 10:54am On Apr 01
Bigboytinz:

Why you dey jealous am?
Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by humilitypays(m): 10:55am On Apr 01
ShenTeh:
My wife and I were just discussing this just 2 nights ago.

This is very true.

I have also stated that human capital export is possibly one of the Industries that our government need to tap into.

With over 200m population, our universities need to increase the number of people admitted to study medicine.

A country like the UK does not even have enough young ones who are willing to study medicine, and they'll throw anything at such a gesture, yet Nigerian universities keep discouraging our younger ones.

Apart from the local demand for medical practitioners, the international demand is heavier. I believe the universities' quota systems should be expanded.
This is the simple solution but useless APC government won't do that, instead they are busy writing petition to WHO to stop western countries from recruiting Nigerian healthcare professionals claiming that we don't have enough Doctors, Nurses, etc which made WHO to place Nigeria on red list of "do not recruit" making it difficult for Nigerian healthcare professionals now to secure job abroad from Nigeria, whereas we have more than enough idle, jobless, unemployed youths we can encourage to study medical related courses and export them abroad.

APC and their useless leaders are a curse to Nigeria, no innovative or creative thinking, they just want every Nigerian to remain in Nigeria and suffer their mismanagement and misrule angry

2 Likes

Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by kunle75(m): 10:59am On Apr 01
004gist:

I use to advise people from travelling abroad especially through education as the cost is too much and job issue. Majority of this people come to study courses that won't pay off and this universities charges high to cash out.

But u see dentist.... They don't have dentist.
Someone I work with waited over a month to see one.

Anyone that is a dentist in Nigeria should not wast time... He will surely get job with sponsorship

It's all over the world, not only UK

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NRC to test run Lagos-Abeokuta rail line early February / Describe Your First Trip By Air / Tragedy As Ambulance Kills Three In Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.