Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. (12646 Views)

Think Well Before You ‘Japa’ — Nigerian Man Shows Homeless People In US (Video) / To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) / My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by Smartguyboy(m): 11:07am On Apr 01
004gist:
There is a dentist crisis in the UK currently. If you are a dentist in Nigeria, just use any means to be in the UK. You are highly sought after. So many agencies, even the NHS, are looking for them to hand over sponsorship to them. Even the UK government is offering them £20,000 to set up practice in certain areas.

Someone I know wanted to pull a tooth and had to wait a month to get it done. Forget the hype of nurses.
This life no balance the UK doctors are running to Arab countries where they pay more while Nigerians doctors are running to UK were they over use them and pay less .

1 Like

Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by akaahs(m): 11:41am On Apr 01
004gist:

I use to advise people from travelling abroad especially through education as the cost is too much and job issue. Majority of this people come to study courses that won't pay off and this universities charges high to cash out.

But u see dentist.... They don't have dentist.
Someone I work with waited over a month to see one.

Anyone that is a dentist in Nigeria should not wast time... He will surely get job with sponsorship
I know of a friend whose son is a dentist married to a dentist, the last time i asked him about the couple, i was shocked to learned that they are still in Nigeria. I was thinking the couple ll have left the shores of the country immediately after their wedding. Sha i don't know what's keeping them.
Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by frog12: 11:59am On Apr 01
i don't believe this at all. there can't be a shortage.

it's been done to depress our economy
Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by Childofgrace18: 12:28pm On Apr 01
humilitypays:
This is the simple solution but useless APC government won't do that, instead they are busy writing petition to WHO to stop western countries from recruiting Nigerian healthcare professionals claiming that we don't have enough Doctors, Nurses, etc which made WHO to place Nigeria on red list of "do not recruit" making it difficult for Nigerian healthcare professionals now to secure job abroad from Nigeria, whereas we have more than enough idle, jobless, unemployed youths we can encourage to study medical related courses and export them abroad.

APC and their useless leaders are a curse to Nigerian, no innovative or creative thinking, they just want every Nigerian to remain in Nigeria and suffer their mismanagement and misrule angry

You people will blame APC for everything. Who do Una this obidients? You use the time u will use to better your life to start abusing and supporting politicians who never know of your existence. Continue. Did the APC you are talking about the people that ruled Nigeria from 199 to 2015? Focus on the topic and leave politics for political section.
Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by Dagger111(m): 1:22pm On Apr 01
004gist:
There is a dentist crisis in the UK currently. If you are a dentist in Nigeria, just use any means to be in the UK. You are highly sought after. So many agencies, even the NHS, are looking for them to hand over sponsorship to them. Even the UK government is offering them £20,000 to set up practice in certain areas.

Someone I know wanted to pull a tooth and had to wait a month to get it done. Forget the hype of nurses.

Make i go dust my paali.
Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by 2Radii: 1:33pm On Apr 01
Damian911:
Shortage, not absence undecided
have u ever heard shortage in Nigeria dictionary?? grin
Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by Dagger111(m): 1:34pm On Apr 01
2Radii:
Shortage of doctors,
Shortage of dentist
Shortage of this and that..

Wait, is it that this jk citizens don't like going to school ni abi dem no sabi book?.

A no understand

They hate medical courses, they are only interested in I.T, that's their mentality.
Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by 2Radii: 1:35pm On Apr 01
Dagger111:

They hate medical courses, they are only interested in I.T, that's their mentality.
aahh

This is why I love Nigerians, very dogged individuals in my country
Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by 004gist: 1:44pm On Apr 01
ItisWell22:

Nothing like hype.

For every one doctor or other healthcare professional you’ll ever need, you’ll need about 4 nurses.

When the dentist carries out complicated procedures that can’t be done on outpatient basis, who cares for the patient?

Nurses earn less. Band 5 earning 2300. While dentist could earn as high as 70k to 150k pounds per year. Not joking.
I was searching for jobs via sponsorship. I see dentist needed everywhere. I was shocked to the marrow.

I began to read online why the sponsorship.. I now discovered the shortage. And it seems they are making a law to allow foreign dentist practice without exams just their home license
Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by RaptorX: 2:34pm On Apr 01
vibemad007:
Na only them they get shortage of this n that, wetin those oyinbo they even study for sch
Maybe they are not as superior as we were made to believe.

1 Like

Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by VULCAN(m): 3:33pm On Apr 01
This is one of the most brilliant things I have read on Nairaland in ages.

ShenTeh:
My wife and I were just discussing this just 2 nights ago.

This is very true.

I have also stated that human capital export is possibly one of the Industries that our government need to tap into.

With over 200m population, our universities need to increase the number of people admitted to study medicine.

A country like the UK does not even have enough young ones who are willing to study medicine, and they'll throw anything at such a gesture, yet Nigerian universities keep discouraging our younger ones.

Apart from the local demand for medical practitioners, the international demand is heavier. I believe the universities' quota systems should be expanded.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by MindHacker9009(m): 3:36pm On Apr 01
vibemad007:
Na only them they get shortage of this n that, wetin those oyinbo they even study for sch

Good question. What I have noticed is that they follow their passion and this video is one example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2R6NTgvEV4&t=65s
Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by humilitypays(m): 3:51pm On Apr 01
Childofgrace18:

You people will blame APC for everything. Who do Una this obidients? You use the time u will use to better your life to start abusing and supporting politicians who never know of your existence. Continue. Did the APC you are talking about the people that ruled Nigeria from 199 to 2015? Focus on the topic and leave politics for political section.
Mumu boy, what you don't know you ask question.

It is APC government under Buhari that petitioned WHO to stop western countries from recruiting our healthcare professionals that we don't have enough instead of working towards producing more medical professionals that we can export.

Tinubu came and stopped Doctors and nurses from migrating abroad to work through some draconian policies and you are here blabbing rubbish that you know nothing about sad
Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by lastkingsman: 3:51pm On Apr 01
004gist:

When people who declear themselves jobless are handed over 2500 pounds per month upwards. Imagine a couple receiving 5k per month etc while refusing to work.

While same nurses are earning same 2300 or even lesser per month while sweating their ass out.

If u are in their shoe u will decide to just relax after all u will get paid at end of the month. Most that stopped working during the covid months didn't return back as they get used to free money

And some don't even pay house rent as they inherited real estate from Papa. Where I stay in Ramsgate, there are these two ladies (siblings) that are just flexing their lives up and down on govt benefits and real estate inheritance
Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by esivue007(m): 4:11pm On Apr 01
004gist:

He is a dentist?

The other arsenal Dr is the dual type.
Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by esivue007(m): 4:13pm On Apr 01
Bigboytinz:
imagine wickedness. I'm sure you are been trained for free at a federal government University where the federal government pays majority of your fees. Why did you not try studying medicine in the UK at first and see if you would even gain admission. Or even if you would be able to afford the tuition fees which could cost upwards 50000 pounds. The federal government should just stop this free tuition of a thing
Trust me,I choose not to reply you.
Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by 004gist: 4:30pm On Apr 01
lastkingsman:

And some don't even pay house rent as they inherited real estate from Papa. Where I stay in Ramsgate, there are these two ladies (siblings) that are just flexing their lives up and down on govt benefits and real estate inheritance

If am in their shoe I won't bother to work. cheesy
Some people are just soo blessed. You cross ur legs government will start to fund u. You give birth government still fund u but they turn around to use knife to chase immigrant with taxes and strict immigration rules
Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by Childofgrace18: 5:22pm On Apr 01
humilitypays:
Mumu boy, what you don't know you ask question.

It is APC government under Buhari that petitioned WHO to stop western countries from recruiting our healthcare professionals that we don't have enough instead of working towards producing more medical professionals that we can export.

Tinubu came and stopped Doctors and nurses from migrating abroad to work through some draconian policies and you are here blabbing rubbish that you know nothing about sad

Ewu Gambia, you called someone old enough to be your father mumu boy. I don't blame Una na for nairaland Una dey hide Una st*pidity. Someone who haven't left their village is now calling person who is far BETTER than his generat*on a mumu boy. Quite this mentality and pray to God for mercy and leave politics for politicians.
Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by okoroemeka(m): 5:29pm On Apr 01
004gist:
No one is talking about this in Nigeria
what are we still eating that will affect our teeth
Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by Calitoscassius(m): 5:30pm On Apr 01
Offpoint1:
The big question remains, why are their citizens not interested studying those things or taking those jobs?

Most of these countries health workers are foreigners, why are the citizens not interested?
Good question, because their citizens lack nothing like immigrants, they just want to enjoy their lives without stress, working long hours and the salary is too cheap, £20,000 is not a lot of money to smell people's bad breaths as a Dentist and cannot sustain their living as cost of living is very high in the UK, but there is something UK Dentists do, they migrate Australia where the pay
is better and cost of living are affordable

£20,000 is just around £1350 a month after tax.
Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by Calitoscassius(m): 5:34pm On Apr 01
Unu think becoming a Dentists is easy, you hsve to train for 8 years atleast.

And £20,000 is not a lot of money, considering the long hours, stress and hight cost of living.

£20,000 you d end up with £1300 after taxes and N insurance.
Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by humilitypays(m): 5:46pm On Apr 01
Childofgrace18:

Ewu Gambia, you called someone old enough to be your father mumu boy. I don't blame Una na for nairaland Una dey hide Una st*pidity. Someone who haven't left their village is now calling person who is far BETTER than his generat*on a mumu boy. Quite this mentality and pray to God for mercy and leave politics for politicians.
If you are really exposed and have a positive mindset, my initial comment condemning useless Nigerian politicians managing the country shouldn't have bothered you.

Do you know how APC and her useless government policies are destroying and slowing down Nigerian youths' life?

How do you explain the fact that small broke Benin Republic, Togo are not on WHO red list of countries western nations must not recruit medical professionals from, but Nigeria a bigger country with huge population and resources is on the red list, all because useless APC government petitioned WHO to stop western countries from recruiting medical professionals from Nigeria instead of them looking for ways to increase the number of medical professionals Nigeria produces such that we will have more than enough to export abroad and earn huge FX to grow our nation?

If this comment irked you then you are not worthy to be called an elder you are saying you are angry
Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by sheeda995(f): 6:15pm On Apr 01
Offpoint1:
The big question remains, why are their citizens not interested studying those things or taking those jobs?

Most of these countries health workers are foreigners, why are the citizens not interested?
It's because you are poor that you think the money health care workers earn abroad is huge. Their children are interested in making millions which they are making and not peanuts and getting controlled by an idiots in the office. Working is slavery for rich people
Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by toprealman: 6:35pm On Apr 01
Loading….

Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by Childofgrace18: 6:48pm On Apr 01
humilitypays:
If you are really exposed and have a positive mindset, my initial comment condemning useless Nigerian politicians managing the country shouldn't have bothered you.

Do you know how APC and her useless government policies are destroying and slowing down Nigerian youths' life?

How do you explain the fact that small broke Benin Republic, Togo are not on WHO red list of countries western nations must not recruit medical professionals from, but Nigeria a bigger country with huge population and resources is on the red list, all because useless APC government petitioned WHO to stop western countries from recruiting medical professionals from Nigeria instead of them looking for ways to increase the number of medical professionals Nigeria produces such that we will have more than enough to export abroad and earn huge FX to grow our nation?

If this comment irked you then you are not worthy to be called an elder you are saying you are angry

Kid check countries on red list before you start typing r*bbish. You people are filled with us*less emotions and failed to be logical. You think the red list country was caused by buhari APC? Let me educate you kid, the list was released in 2001 and they keep updating it. Was APC in government in 2001? Get a life and leave government out of your fr*stration. Even with the red list, NHS still recruit from Nigeria. Work hard and pray to God to bless. Stop imposing your lazy a** on government.

Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by DeltaBachelor(m): 8:02pm On Apr 01
MT:

You have ruined the life of many Nurses that relocated to UK and the US with your silly runs - they have been discovered and now facing prison time and deportations.

Aint you ashamed to be advertising this disgusting service in the public ?

@Seun Osewa, time to ban this dude for life, along with his IP address.
Shut the hell up if you don't know what to say please
Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by humilitypays(m): 8:07pm On Apr 01
Childofgrace18:

Kid check countries on red list before you start typing r*bbish. You people are filled with us*less emotions and failed to be logical. You think the red list country was caused by buhari APC? Let me educate you kid, the list was released in 2001 and they keep updating it. Was APC in government in 2001? Get a life and leave government out of your fr*stration. Even with the red list, NHS still recruit from Nigeria. Work hard and pray to God to bless. Stop imposing your lazy a** on government.
Yeye APC politician forming elder lol

Common sense he doesn't have.

For your information, WHO updated the red list last year April and put Nigeria back after APC's led demonic government under Buhari petitioned WHO again reminding them that Western countries are still recruiting medical professionals from Nigeria despite the shortage in Nigeria.

The same APC demonic government under Tinubu forced Nurses and Midwifery Council of Nigeria to make a new draconian policy to stop Nigerian nurses from seeking for job abroad by making it compulsory for a Nigeria nurse seeking for job abroad to first spend at least 2 years practicing in Nigeria. It didn't stop there. They also said the Nurse must first write to the CMD of the hospital she is working to get approval and also go back to her school of nursing or university to obtain approval from her HOD and then submit them to NMC to approve before they can start the process of migrating abroad to work and a demon possessed evil APC politician like you see nothing wrong in it

Don't worry, these evil policies you are applauding will hit you one day, then you will understand better, evil men, enemies of progress angry
Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by Bigboytinz: 8:20pm On Apr 01
esivue007:
Trust me,I choose not to reply you.
reply me cos you have no justification and no morals
Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by Elxandre(m): 8:47pm On Apr 01
ShenTeh:
My wife and I were just discussing this just 2 nights ago.

This is very true.

I have also stated that human capital export is possibly one of the Industries that our government need to tap into.

With over 200m population, our universities need to increase the number of people admitted to study medicine.

A country like the UK does not even have enough young ones who are willing to study medicine, and they'll throw anything at such a gesture, yet Nigerian universities keep discouraging our younger ones.

Apart from the local demand for medical practitioners, the international demand is heavier. I believe the universities' quota systems should be expanded.
We should invest in massive brain drain?
Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by Childofgrace18: 9:23pm On Apr 01
humilitypays:
Yeye APC politician forming elder lol

Common sense he doesn't have.

For your information, WHO updated the red list last year April and put Nigeria back after APC's led demonic government under Buhari petitioned WHO again reminding them that Western countries are still recruiting medical professionals from Nigeria despite the shortage in Nigeria.

The same APC demonic government under Tinubu forced Nurses and Midwifery Council of Nigeria to make a new draconian policy to stop Nigerian nurses from seeking for job abroad by making it compulsory for a Nigeria nurse seeking for job abroad to first spend at least 2 years practicing in Nigeria. It didn't stop there. They also said the Nurse must first write to the CMD of the hospital she is working to get approval and also go back to her school of nursing or university to obtain approval from her HOD and then submit them to NMC to approve before they can start the process of migrating abroad to work and a demon possessed evil APC politician like you see nothing wrong in it

Don't worry, these evil policies you are applauding will hit you one day, then you will understand better, evil men, enemies of progress angry

Kid am done with you. I am not a politician and not supporting any politician nor party. But look beyond your mentality and stop blaming anyone for your misfortune. Life is far better than you thought. Always project your country well, stop demarketing your country. Nigeria might have it's challenges but Nigeria is not the worst country on earth. We far better than thousands of those countries you think are heaven on earth. I pray God give you money to travel and see, then you will value your country. So the Togo and others you are praising, na your government put them on the list? I thought you said no west African country is in the list? You knew nothing about foreign policy. But I rest my case.
Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by humilitypays(m): 7:11am On Apr 02
Childofgrace18:

Kid am done with you. I am not a politician and not supporting any politician nor party. But look beyond your mentality and stop blaming anyone for your misfortune. Life is far better than you thought. Always project your country well, stop demarketing your country. Nigeria might have it's challenges but Nigeria is not the worst country on earth. We far better than thousands of those countries you think are heaven on earth. I pray God give you money to travel and see, then you will value your country. So the Togo and others you are praising, na your government put them on the list? I thought you said no west African country is in the list? You knew nothing about foreign policy. But I rest my case.
You are a demonic supporter of APC, God will expose and disgrace you all sudden lovers of Nigeria who suddenly love Nigeria just because your tribesmen are in charge of the destruction of Nigeria in the name of politics.

You do not love Nigeria. You are only forming love for Nigeria because the people you like or your tribesmen are ruling and destroying Nigeria so whatever they do now is okay and the rest of Nigerians suffering their evil policies must pray and be patient, wicked souls.

Nature will reward you all angry

Besides I neve said no other West African country is on the red list, I said ordinary Benin Republic, Togo aren't there, but Nigeria a bigger country with huge population and resources is there just because of demon possessed APC government sent from hell to punish and destroy Nigeria yet evil bigots like you hiding under the veil of loving Nigeria see nothing wrong in it

It is only in Nigeria that demons like you see people criticizing bad government policies as haters of Nigeria yet you claim to be exposed and traveled wide, but you forgot that Western citizens even protest and hold their competent government and leaders accountable for even frivolous issues which is why their country is working but demons like you hiding under religion see anybody criticizing bad government policies in Nigeria as haters of Nigeria, God will disgrace you hypocrites angry
Re: Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. by Childofgrace18: 7:57am On Apr 02
humilitypays:
You are a demonic supporter of APC, God will expose and disgrace you all sudden lovers of Nigeria who suddenly love Nigeria just because your tribesmen are in charge of the destruction of Nigeria in the name of politics.

You do not love Nigeria. You are only forming love for Nigeria because the people you like or your tribesmen are ruling and destroying Nigeria so whatever they do now is okay and the rest of Nigerians suffering their evil policies must pray and be patient, wicked souls.

Nature will reward you all angry

Besides I neve said no other West African country is on the red list, I said ordinary Benin Republic, Togo aren't there, but Nigeria a bigger country with huge population and resources is there just because of demon possessed APC government sent from hell to punish and destroy Nigeria yet evil bigots like you hiding under the veil of loving Nigeria see nothing wrong in it

It is only in Nigeria that demons like you see people criticizing bad government policies as haters of Nigeria yet you claim to be exposed and traveled wide, but you forgot that Western citizens even protest and hold their competent government and leaders accountable for even frivolous issues which is why their country is working but demons like you hiding under religion see anybody criticizing bad government policies in Nigeria as haters of Nigeria, God will disgrace you hypocrites angry

Since Togo and Benin republic is not their in your own analysis, then what are they doing in the reality list I shared with you kid? The only thing your likes knows is insult, I pray you grow one day. You brought politics in a discussion that is entirely focused on japa. Instead of you to better your life, you choose insult. I ask again, what is Togo and Benin republic doing in the list because for you, they are heaven on earth and don't have any business to be in the red list country. Na only shit hole like Nigeria deserve to be in the list due to your hatred for your country and its leader simply because your Messiah lost an election. Continue, 2027 is around the corner. Oya insult me is in your DNA.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NRC to test run Lagos-Abeokuta rail line early February / Describe Your First Trip By Air / Tragedy As Ambulance Kills Three In Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.