Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,108 members, 7,828,912 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? (13219 Views)

Top 10 Mysterious Places Of The World / Fun Places Of Kids In Lagos / Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? by frederal(m): 10:19pm On Nov 16, 2011
Enugu is d safest place in Nigeria. Its where I was brought up, and still there now. No kidnap or rituals here. Ask me, if u need further clarifications.
Re: Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:32pm On Nov 16, 2011
@ Poster:

Don't forget you have a one-stop-shop for all your shopping needs in Shoprite, on Abakaliki road near All Saints Anglican church (if my memory serves me right).

okunoba:

Relocating to Nigeria, but not sure of the best place to move to. I am thinking of Enugu for the cleanliness, the chance to learn another language and calmness, Calaba for the same reason plus the added addition of a beach and my home town of Ife. Which is better guys?

^^^ The choices i can recommend in the SE/SS are Enugu; Owerri; Uyo and Calabar. Anyone one of these cities are ok, and you'll feel at home.
Re: Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? by YemiAdisa1(m): 5:03am On Nov 17, 2011
Re: Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? by ouigy99(m): 7:51am On Nov 17, 2011
@ spoony, if ur staying in udi, make sure u go to "AFIA MMANYA JUNCTION" (obinagu), there you would get the freshest and sweetest palmwine. Also, there is a waterfall also at obinagu, called "IYI UBA". Have a nice stay.
Re: Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? by ouigy99(m): 7:52am On Nov 17, 2011
@ proud-igbo, yeah, shoprite is at the old polo park, near IMT
Re: Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? by Konnektions146(m): 8:12am On Nov 17, 2011
My Enugu,
How much i miss thou!!!!
Re: Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? by manchy7531: 8:21am On Nov 17, 2011
God am really missing Enugu,was there last in 2010.

@Posters check out PK gardens in Nza street,new heaven.there is where you get the best of point and kill(fishes of all kind),high-life music,projector in-case there is a football match.you need to be there.i can guarantee you will never regret going there.
Re: Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? by SEGAD: 9:30am On Nov 17, 2011
Enugu is beautiful and calm. This is my third month here in Enugu. I love the city very calm .
Re: Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? by DereI(f): 12:22pm On Nov 17, 2011
Enugu is calm, cool and fun place to be, End of Discussion!!!
Re: Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? by jascon1(m): 1:25am On Nov 19, 2011
come to my place. 12 nanka street, new haven. i will be waiting. u will have a good tour of your life. wink
Re: Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? by nedu210(m): 10:58pm On Nov 27, 2011
here ar some place i know,THe ezeagu tourist complex made up of 1. Water fall. 2. Three kilometer caves. 3. Natural spring and a lake.   The opi blue lake complex with a conglomerate of eight natural lake.  The ugwueme and udi hills with beautifull tunel due to coal mines.  The amagunze/akpawfu lake complex consist of nine lakes withen the same district.   The awhum waterfall udi L.G.A.  Miliken hills  udi  L.G.A.   Ngwo waterfall  udi  L.G.A.   Ani ozalla lake and shrine nkanu   L.G.A.   Awgu crocodile lake  awgu L.G.A.   Nike lake enugu east  L.G.A   Ekwe eju or ekwe u8 or mmaku hill or awgu hill this is the hill dat hosted 2009 gulder ultimate search in enugu the name of the hill is ugwu ekwe eju or u8 due 2 the nature of the hill.  Awgu L.G.A.   NKUME NSHI OYIBO UGBO HILL AWGU  L.G.A.  And somany others places.  4 DOZE DAT WANT 2 VISIT ENUGU HAUE A COOL STAY IN COAL CITY, STAY COOL.
Re: Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? by spoony(f): 8:05pm On Dec 14, 2011
Can I use my visa debit card - are there cashpoints in Enugu and Lagos?

Also, when we land in Lagos, we have to spend one night there before the connecting flight to Enugu. Do you have any tips for inexpensive but clean and safe accommodation near the airport? I've done my research but many places might not have their websites done and still might be good!

On our return we decided to spend few days in Lagos and we'd like to stay in a nice place. I came across few websites and my fav. is Whispering Palms and Hermitage Garden Resort. Have anyone been/stayed there?

And last thing: Do you have a contact to a taxi driver in Lagos who can take us around and who'd be available between 12-16.1 ?

Many thanks!
Re: Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? by DereI(f): 5:50pm On Dec 26, 2011
Merry xmas. Hope your stay was kul?
Re: Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? by spoony(f): 2:33am On Jan 21, 2012
we're back, thanks for all your tips, have seen few of them. There are some videos http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=SpoonHere#grid/uploads%29 and I'll add more pix to my blog later. Our departure clashed with the fuel strike so we had bit of adventure too cool
Re: Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? by ak47mann(m): 10:20am On Jan 21, 2012
spoony:

we're back, thanks for all your tips, have seen few of them. There are some videos http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=SpoonHere#grid/uploads%29 and I'll add more pix to my blog later. Our departure clashed with the fuel strike so we had bit of adventure too cool
Wow shocked shocked that is beautiful good you enjoy your holiday!!!!
Re: Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? by spoony(f): 12:47am On Feb 03, 2012
Some images are posted here: http://www.spoon.bloguje.cz/918252-najdza-fotoblog-cast-prvni.php the text is in czech but you can guess whats on it anyway. Your comments are welcome!
Re: Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? by JohnNgene: 4:56am On Aug 16, 2020
Re: Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? by Kryptolord: 8:29pm On May 01, 2021
Great

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lockdown: Jerry Oche Says Lagos Mass Transit Trains Won’t Resume Yet / / "LASTMA Officials Now Operate Like Pick-Pockets"- Twitter User Shares Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.