Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,963 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Total Road Network By Geopolitical Zones - StatiSense Result - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Total Road Network By Geopolitical Zones - StatiSense Result (16433 Views)

2022 Insecurity: Deaths By Geopolitical Zone (infographic) / Prevalence & Frequency Of Bribery In Nigeria By Geopolitical Zones / Reported Killings In Nigeria: Breakdown Of Affected States, Geopolitical Zones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Total Road Network By Geopolitical Zones - StatiSense Result by bmaster2000: 5:57pm On Apr 01
successmatters:
How come? They said the SE is very tiny but they have up to 26k roads. The region that are always saying Ibadan is bigger than the SE only has 3k roads extra? I was expecting their roads to be at least 90k grin

God is wonderful sha

God bless the SE
God bless all lovers of peace in Nigeria.

Tell Alex Otti to fit all the poto poto roads in Aba, Isi Langua, etc..Abia, Imo Enugu state roads are all eye sore...

If you dare me, I will start posting all the dead traps. roads on these places...
Re: Total Road Network By Geopolitical Zones - StatiSense Result by successmatters(m): 5:59pm On Apr 01
bmaster2000:

Tell Alex Otti to fit all the poto poto roads in Aba, Isi Langua, etc..Abia, Imo Enugu state roads are all eye sore...

If you dare me, I will start posting all the dead traps. roads on these places...

Statisense is daring you and your hiding being your mother wrapper grin
Re: Total Road Network By Geopolitical Zones - StatiSense Result by NaijaphiliaBlog: 6:18pm On Apr 01
3exe3:
The north leads

Yes, but not as much as one would expect. Why?

Because northern Nigeria's road network is only 35.8% more than that of the south, whereas its landmass is almost 4 times that of the south.

In fact, the northwest's landmass is bigger than the entire southern Nigeria!

Read more about it here:
https://naijaphilia.com/blog/2024/04/01/snapshot-nigerias-road-network-by-regions/
Re: Total Road Network By Geopolitical Zones - StatiSense Result by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 6:23pm On Apr 01
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Compare it to landmass , check the other regions in the south and see that the SE has the best road network in the country
Which one be landmass again. You dey talk of landmass when collecting revenue of five states for a tiny region
Re: Total Road Network By Geopolitical Zones - StatiSense Result by MrGerald(m): 6:23pm On Apr 01
EmperorCaesar:
SE has the least road network
It shouldn't be surprising

If u get to Ukwu-Orji and then decide to enter Awka from there, you'd think there are no Urban planners and Architects in the SE since 1960

U no go even believe say dem don ever produce any civil engineer before

Everything just dull.... But it's well
Did you consider landmark? SE actually has more road network than other places I've visited, made possible by old Catholic missionaries and communities. Lot of shortcuts. In other places like Lagos you'd drive long way without seeing any road entrance or adjoining roads by either sides of the road

1 Like

Re: Total Road Network By Geopolitical Zones - StatiSense Result by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 6:24pm On Apr 01
Abagworo:

Per State will definitely be Lagos, Imo and Anambra cause they are the most urbanized States.
The South East is at the bottom

Re: Total Road Network By Geopolitical Zones - StatiSense Result by broadman20: 6:28pm On Apr 01
EmperorCaesar:

Its actually easier to design and develop tiny spaces,na why to rule Ghana dey easy pass to rule Naija

That u guys aren't first in everything shows the lack of creativity in governance in that region

Nigeria is smaller than India both in size and in population but how come India has better democracy and better system more than NIGERIA.

Im asking you based on your justification of size.

1 Like

Re: Total Road Network By Geopolitical Zones - StatiSense Result by NaijaphiliaBlog: 6:30pm On Apr 01
donbenie:
Does Ghana have larger road network than Nigeria?
If you can't answer that question. Ogbeni, kindly shift..

Let's help out here:

Ghana's total road network is 94,203 km.
Nigeria's total road network is 199,513 km.

Ghana's landmass 238,533 km².
Nigeria's landmass 923,768 km².

Ghana's population 35m.
Nigeria's population 227m.

1 Like

Re: Total Road Network By Geopolitical Zones - StatiSense Result by Rotji(m): 6:40pm On Apr 01
Maybe the road network in Abuja is what ramped up the North Central number cos I'm like where are the roads

Unless they are talking about the totality of roads whether tarred, paved and the roads that are yet to be constructed, even the non maintained roads. Cos there's a non existence of good roads in Benue, Kogi and some virgin never touched federal roads in Plateau State.

This report should be clear about the nature and state or status of the condition of roads there're talking about.
Re: Total Road Network By Geopolitical Zones - StatiSense Result by NSK4U(m): 6:42pm On Apr 01
EmperorCaesar:

Its actually easier to design and develop tiny spaces,na why to rule Ghana dey easy pass to rule Naija

That u guys aren't first in everything shows the lack of creativity in governance in that region

What kinda analogy is this??

US against Nigeria nko?? Are you kidding me??
Re: Total Road Network By Geopolitical Zones - StatiSense Result by wiseoneking: 6:52pm On Apr 01
successmatters:
How come? They said the SE is very tiny but they have up to 26k roads. The region that are always saying Ibadan is bigger than the SE only have 3k roads extra? I was expecting their roads to be at least 90k grin

God is wonderful sha

God bless the SE
God bless all lovers of peace in Nigeria.
I am really very surprised at this. This makes SE to have more roads than other zones in respect to size

1 Like

Re: Total Road Network By Geopolitical Zones - StatiSense Result by donbenie(m): 6:58pm On Apr 01
NaijaphiliaBlog:

Let's help out here:

Ghana's total road network is 94,203 km.
Nigeria's total road network is 199,513 km.

Ghana's landmass 238,533 km².
Nigeria's landmass 923,768 km².

Ghana's population 35m.
Nigeria's population 227m.
So,in other words..
Bigger landmass entails far bigger road network..
So what was his rambling about?
Re: Total Road Network By Geopolitical Zones - StatiSense Result by Penguin2: 6:58pm On Apr 01
successmatters:

1k is generous, only about 500 km. The majority is by private individuals and organized property developers.
Abi o
Re: Total Road Network By Geopolitical Zones - StatiSense Result by tctrills: 7:00pm On Apr 01
ElSudani:

No, let talk first about an area the size of Oyo state state getting five allocations from the Federation account.
You don't get allocation for landmass. You get allocation for population. The allocation is given to humans not to the land. I hope you finally understand.

2 Likes

Re: Total Road Network By Geopolitical Zones - StatiSense Result by donbenie(m): 7:00pm On Apr 01
bmaster2000:

You have already been dared..
The very thread and it's topic is daring and you are still hyperventilating?
Ogbeni,park well.
Re: Total Road Network By Geopolitical Zones - StatiSense Result by donbenie(m): 7:02pm On Apr 01
ElSudani:

No, let talk first about an area the size of Oyo state state getting five allocations from the Federation account.
Empty landmasses don't get allocations..
Humans get allocation..🤡
Re: Total Road Network By Geopolitical Zones - StatiSense Result by ElSudani: 7:03pm On Apr 01
tctrills:

You don't get allocation for landmass. You get allocation for population. The allocation is given to humans not to the land. I hope you finally understand.

Then Lagos should get the largest allocation of all the states in Nigeria. Isn't it?
Re: Total Road Network By Geopolitical Zones - StatiSense Result by donbenie(m): 7:06pm On Apr 01
ElSudani:

Then Lagos should get the largest allocation of all the states in Nigeria. Isn't it?
Allocations are done based on variables,but none of them is by landmass.
Population, revenue generated(oil) etc
This matter is elementary.
Re: Total Road Network By Geopolitical Zones - StatiSense Result by tctrills: 7:07pm On Apr 01
ElSudani:

How I'm I sitting on the fence? I basically said the cry of marginalization is false going by the news being peddled here.
How else do you want me to say it?
Oga don't get it wrong oh. These are not federal government constructed roads. These are the total km of construction.
Mostly done by the states and in the SE, we also have many roads constructed by community or individuals.
Re: Total Road Network By Geopolitical Zones - StatiSense Result by wiseoneking: 7:07pm On Apr 01
EmperorCaesar:

Any way the igbos beats you guy, you continue to find excuses instead of telling yourselves the truth, giving excuses for the reasons why igbos are doing bettter. Now you guys are coming out of your closets in seeing that SE is not boasting in vain. So you now know that “tiny spaces” as you put it have advantage over your big for nothing empty size. Ghana you are even mentioning here got independence before you empty big size.

They already first in the most important things as you already know here from statistics;

Medicine
Engineering
Law
Computer Engineering.

For long you have been believing your media trash but the truth is coming out directly from the government. I member one full shouting , Igbo don’t go to Sch or that sw has more professors than SE. I laughed. I fake information you guys believed is now been bursted by dept of statistics been manned by your people

They left you to be first at least in your languages, management, social studies , Arabic etc

Just know you can never fight who God blessed

1 Like

Re: Total Road Network By Geopolitical Zones - StatiSense Result by wiseoneking: 7:14pm On Apr 01
EmperorCaesar:
SE has the least road network
It shouldn't be surprising

If u get to Ukwu-Orji and then decide to enter Awka from there, you'd think there are no Urban planners and Architects in the SE since 1960

U no go even believe say dem don ever produce any civil engineer before

Everything just dull.... But it's well
The Chief Mourner, I have come to console you. God truly blessed the igbos and nothing you can do about it. I’m very happy that as you go through that Igbo villages, you can notice the difference from your shanty towns. Bless them so that you will be bless, cursed them and you will forever be cursed. I pity you because I can feel the heart of a defeated man in you. You know deep in your heart that Igbo is far more powerful than your tribe. Ntoor
Re: Total Road Network By Geopolitical Zones - StatiSense Result by tctrills: 7:29pm On Apr 01
ElSudani:

Actually the 2 states with the highest federal allocations are Lagos and Kano because of their population.
That's not counting oil producing states who get 13% for oil drilled in their land.
Re: Total Road Network By Geopolitical Zones - StatiSense Result by Bimpe29: 7:55pm On Apr 01
God bless Nigeria
Re: Total Road Network By Geopolitical Zones - StatiSense Result by Error401: 8:12pm On Apr 01
What is Imo? You mean that state whose women all deal in Olosho and baby factory

Gossipninja:

The same Lagos that Imo is more built up than?
Re: Total Road Network By Geopolitical Zones - StatiSense Result by qtx(m): 8:21pm On Apr 01
opamoses1:

Cheating in everything wink
Re: Total Road Network By Geopolitical Zones - StatiSense Result by Cosbyrich: 8:45pm On Apr 01
Gossipninja:

The same Lagos that Imo is more built up than?
Stop yarning this nonsense.
Everybody knows that SE has scanty buildings even if a few place like tiny Onitsha is built up.
Do you even truly believe there is any place in Nigeria more built up than Lagos?
Okay,show Imo state and its built up areas,sir.

Even all 5 SE states combined are not as built up as Lagos.

This is just the Yaba Oyingbo axis of Lagos o.
Where mostly Yorubas live.
Is there any place in the SE half as built up like this?

Re: Total Road Network By Geopolitical Zones - StatiSense Result by Alliswell248: 9:05pm On Apr 01
successmatters:

Onitsha, Enugu and Aba are better planned than Lagos and Ibadan.

More than half of the people there have migrated to Abuja and Lagos.

No one lives in a backward and among hate filled people.

Better to live in sambisa than among these hate filled , boastful, and empty people....

Ndi ara....
Fake developers
Re: Total Road Network By Geopolitical Zones - StatiSense Result by Alliswell248: 9:08pm On Apr 01
wiseoneking:
Any way the igbos beats you guy, you continue to find excuses instead of telling yourselves the truth, giving excuses for the reasons why igbos are doing bettter. Now you guys are coming out of your closets in seeing that SE is not boasting in vain. So you now know that “tiny spaces” as you put it have advantage over your big for nothing empty size. Ghana you are even mentioning here got independence before you empty big size.

They already first in the most important things as you already know here from statistics;

Medicine
Engineering
Law
Computer Engineering.

For long you have been believing your media trash but the truth is coming out directly from the government. I member one full shouting , Igbo don’t go to Sch or that sw has more professors than SE. I laughed. I fake information you guys believed is now been bursted by dept of statistics been manned by your people

They left you to be first at least in your languages, management, social studies , Arabic etc

Just know you can never fight who God blessed

First like Mmesoma, and Obi....who claimed the system cheated them....jamb and inec, but couldn't defend their results.

Keep deceiving yourself.... you would be aiit.

1 Like

Re: Total Road Network By Geopolitical Zones - StatiSense Result by tctrills: 9:29pm On Apr 01
BeLookingIDIOT:

Which one be landmass again. You dey talk of landmass when collecting revenue of five states for a tiny region
Oga a smaller landmass would not need as much road construction as a big landmass. For example, if the distance between Enugu and Onitsha is 100km, and the distance between Kano to Kaduna is 500km, where would you need to construct more road? This is why the SE has by far the best road network.
Re: Total Road Network By Geopolitical Zones - StatiSense Result by YourKarma: 10:53pm On Apr 01
Nedu05:
Stop always trying to attach your backward imo state on Anambra. It is Lagos and Anambra

I'm sure you're an ewedu-guzzling slowpoke looking to cause problems between the SEastern states.
Re: Total Road Network By Geopolitical Zones - StatiSense Result by YourKarma: 10:56pm On Apr 01
Zico5:

Which starts. The one you guys formulated. Other regions will not make noise. Yoruba are wise and that's why they will not make noise. We are silently building but we will leave u guys to continue to make noise
lolzzz...sharrap abeg, silently ko.....you guys are the biggest loud-mouths in that shithole country
Re: Total Road Network By Geopolitical Zones - StatiSense Result by YourKarma: 11:01pm On Apr 01
Alliswell248:

More than half of the people there have migrated to Abuja and Lagos.

No one lives in a backward and among hate filled people.

Better to live in sambisa than among these hate filled , boastful, and empty people....

Ndi ara....
Fake developers
Your salty tears give me joy. Cry more, oh ye ewedu-guzzling bastard

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NLC Protests Against "Massive Corruption" (Photos) / Emir Umar Farouk: Nigerians Will Beg Buhari To Do A Third Term / South Africans Set Nigeria Embassy Ablaze, Ask Nigerians To Leave Their Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.