Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) (48174 Views)

Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir / Ahmed Musa To Complete Turkish Move From Kano Pillars This Week / Ahmed Musa Opens Filling Station In Kano (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by harizonal123(m): 12:48pm On Apr 01
From what I have read it's a sign of respect & not disrespect. More of like I'm not worthy to shake your hand

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by Kingju: 12:48pm On Apr 01
That na out of respect nah, nothing like say him no green shake hand. Musa na correct guy
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by greatseed: 12:48pm On Apr 01
NwekeUG:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGwY3GZWags?si=q09P8YdY0iQMsJp7

Why shake the other man & refused to shake the other man be it gov or ? It's sentiments to me. Musa didn't force the man to put forward his hands in the 1st place. Why reject the gesture.

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by ojun50(m): 12:49pm On Apr 01
Amotolongbo:
So?

That is Ahmed Musa and the Governor’s problem
Thank you my dear.
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by Ladiesdoctor(m): 12:49pm On Apr 01
It's a sign of respect
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by Onyedikachi231: 12:49pm On Apr 01
I am looking for the recipe one lady here gave me for peppersoup, I don find am tire.
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by Pootle: 12:49pm On Apr 01
family affair who cares
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by Chicagograduate(m): 12:51pm On Apr 01
Wicked politicians
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by bams2999(m): 12:51pm On Apr 01
is a respect
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by Jayhome24: 12:52pm On Apr 01
Likely suspecting the governor because the governor belog to kwankwasiyya movement or cult kind of.

So Musa might likely be smart on this avoiding sudden down turn of life just my thought though because naturally Musa was never a rude guy.
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by ShinjaWWest: 12:53pm On Apr 01
Wisedove:
In some parts of the North, they do not accept handshakes from the elderly ones. They'd rather bow to them

And later kidnap them
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by onatisi(m): 12:53pm On Apr 01
he did it as a mark of respect not for insult and the both of them even joked about it ..
LibertyRep:
Isn't this a sign of respect in their culture? Like 'Your Excellency, I'm too little to shake your hand'

Everything shouldn't be for clout and content.
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by Obiedun(m): 12:54pm On Apr 01
Ezewuzie01:
Sensible decision. He knows that most politicians usually rub juju on their hands and he wants no part of that.
You lie

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by FILEBE(m): 12:54pm On Apr 01
LibertyRep:
Isn't this a sign of respect in their culture? Like 'Your Excellency, I'm too little to shake your hand'

Exactly what I am thinking .

Bloggers will just be looking for unnecessary contents
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by Objectivist04: 12:55pm On Apr 01
Ahmed4002:
Bloggers sha.

This is a sign of respect for someone in highest office.

You can see clearly the body language and discussion they were having at last.
Hmmm every Mallam with his kettle.

In my culture, you don't stretch your hand first to an elder or someone higher in authority than you but if he does stretch to you, you have to remove your cap if any, bow and use two hands to shake him.
You don't reject the offer because it will amount to disrespect

3 Likes

Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by Riskymarvelous(m): 12:55pm On Apr 01
Ahmed Musa the incoming governor
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by Ahmed4002(m): 12:55pm On Apr 01
Morbeta11:

Now I see why social media
Should be regulated...

The worst thing, it's even on front page Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by alizma: 12:56pm On Apr 01
That is a sign of respect not a rejection. Sometimes about a year ago, there was this video of some state governors in the north who exhibited the same respect towards Aminu Dantata at a meeting or so

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by Alexis11: 12:57pm On Apr 01
LibertyRep:

The only sensible comment here. cool
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by peteofi(m): 1:00pm On Apr 01
It’s just respect.
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by Ejiakusmith(m): 1:00pm On Apr 01
Why is that fool mentioning peter obi in the first page....... Watin this man do una for this country 🇳🇬
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by olisaEze(m): 1:01pm On Apr 01
In parts of the north, it’s the highest form of regard accorded a respected elder by a junior or subordinate to refuse an handshake. It’s like saying ‘I’m not worthy to touch your hands'. Nigeria with over 250 ethnicities and over 300 dialects have different beliefs and cultures, it does not begin and end with your belly on the ground like a reptile. Landlord travel and see!! cool
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by Habugala(m): 1:01pm On Apr 01
Nothing concern us
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by abc115: 1:02pm On Apr 01
Nairaland, understand people's culture
..it is a sign of respect in the north
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by JOAWS: 1:04pm On Apr 01
Step into the gritty reality of life through the unfiltered lens of my diary entries. Each episode brings a new adventure in this rollercoaster we call existence. From unexpected encounters with colorful characters to navigating the treacherous terrain of fake friends, join me as I lay bare the raw truths of my journey. Brace yourself for laughter, introspection, and perhaps a few expletives along the way. This is not your average diary – it's a no-holds-barred exploration of life's highs, lows, and everything in between. Hit follow and prepare to be hooked!

JOURNAL OF A WRETCHED SOUL EPISODE 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hcv2yebI6yc
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by Lexicon123: 1:06pm On Apr 01
LibertyRep:

💯

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by 3ice9ce: 1:06pm On Apr 01
Those who use kicks on the head to wake their fathers can't understand this level of respect.

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by Okortor: 1:07pm On Apr 01
That's so rude of him
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by Lexicon123: 1:08pm On Apr 01
Confirmedzombie:
This is simply a sign of respect. Ahmed Musa is not like Peter obi that lacks respect for his elders.

Ipob and obedients biko zukwaluike
A very good point, but smeared with hate.
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by aswani(m): 1:11pm On Apr 01
Ezewuzie01:
Sensible decision. He knows that most politicians usually rub juju on their hands and he wants no part of that.

I am not sure if you know this for a fact but you are spot on.

Be careful hugging politicians as well.

A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by oluwaseyi0: 1:11pm On Apr 01
Kolayetuu:
Am surprised, Musa is a very down to heart person, why will he do that?

they you didn't watch the video,

more like I'm too little to shake your excellency

he shake others before the governor, playfully rejected the governor while bowing and they both laugh about Musa comment
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by FOOTSOLDIER2(f): 1:12pm On Apr 01
Kolayetuu:
Am surprised, Musa is a very down to heart person, why will he do that?

I'm* I'm* I'm* olodo, go school you say no!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Funny Nicknames Of Former Super Eagles Legends And How They Got Them / Ogenyi Onazi Reading Newspaper At A Vendor's Stand (Photo) / Xavier Amaechi Signs For Arsenal (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.