Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,394 members, 7,815,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) (48171 Views)

Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir / Ahmed Musa To Complete Turkish Move From Kano Pillars This Week / Ahmed Musa Opens Filling Station In Kano (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by toujurs: 3:09pm On Apr 01
That's a sign of respect in the north

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by Yankee101: 3:09pm On Apr 01
harizonal123:
From what I have read it's a sign of respect & not disrespect. More of like I'm not worthy to shake your hand

You got it
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by RaptorX: 3:12pm On Apr 01
Kkb1977:
It's a sign of respect in Hausa culture. You can't shake hand with people above your age and status.
But the first person he shook and knelt down for is above his age and ststus.
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by enemyofprogress: 3:26pm On Apr 01
He did it out of respect for the governor. He was just being reciprocal
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by Akhee: 3:34pm On Apr 01
LibertyRep:
Isn't this a sign of respect in their culture? Like 'Your Excellency, I'm too little to shake your hand'

Everything shouldn't be for clout and content.
you are correct. It is a sign of respect to a leader, an elder.
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by 3seriez(m): 3:41pm On Apr 01
NwekeUG:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGwY3GZWags?si=q09P8YdY0iQMsJp7

Off all the content in the world, this what you decide to post. Total Waste of data.
Obviously the blogger does not know this is normal in the North.
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by ComeToJesus: 4:47pm On Apr 01
Maximum sign of respect up north..

Hunger is making bloggers turn to dimwitted hustlers.
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by noroom4cheat: 5:00pm On Apr 01
Old video
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by Justnation: 6:15pm On Apr 01
This narrative is misleading,
he didn't shake the governor out of deep respect not that he refuse his handshake.
He bowed in respect and honor to the governor and the governor understood him and smiled to acknowledge the respect.
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by donmik: 9:18pm On Apr 01
The guy is one among the few wise Nigerians.
I love his resolve.
Just waiting for when he will declare for presidency
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by Coolgent(m): 11:00pm On Apr 01
NwekeUG:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGwY3GZWags?si=q09P8YdY0iQMsJp7

You should have enquire to know why before wasting your precious time on rumor.
For the sake of clarity...
Some traditional northern youth don't shake hand with elders.

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by MrBONE2(m): 1:16am On Apr 02

Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by Nemesis08(m): 2:51am On Apr 02
I grew up in the north, that's normal for someone you respect so much. I have seen that so many times. A person that respects you so much thinks himself unworthy to shake your noble hands.
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by zagorakis(m): 7:33am On Apr 02
The man must be diabolic, Musa is wise grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Funny Nicknames Of Former Super Eagles Legends And How They Got Them / Ogenyi Onazi Reading Newspaper At A Vendor's Stand (Photo) / Xavier Amaechi Signs For Arsenal (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.