Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,754 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) (48170 Views)

Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir / Ahmed Musa To Complete Turkish Move From Kano Pillars This Week / Ahmed Musa Opens Filling Station In Kano (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by Image123(m): 1:13pm On Apr 01
LibertyRep:
Isn't this a sign of respect in their culture? Like 'Your Excellency, I'm too little to shake your hand'

Everything shouldn't be for clout and content.

After shaking excellency's oga abi?
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by Hassanmaye(m): 1:15pm On Apr 01
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by baffasmall(m): 1:16pm On Apr 01
Yes he was been respectful in hausa culture you can't shake hands with your elder, even in Igbo and Yoruba land igbos bow down and Yorubas go plat on the grounds

He was being respectful [/quote]
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by onuman: 1:16pm On Apr 01
2special:
Nothing

Musa felt he was not worthy to shake governor's hand.

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by Lovelyn451(f): 1:19pm On Apr 01
In his mind he's being respectful but he just turned down an elder....accept it with two hands and bow,...him that gave u his hand to shake is foolish abi,unfortunately he's been listening to those hypocritical fraudsters from the respect capital of the whole world.
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by Pedro334(m): 1:22pm On Apr 01
most of the contents be creators are contaminated so consumers are warned of the risks is consuming content like this very one as it concerns the above mentioned player and this governor, he did it as a sign of respect and not the opposite as the narrator made is looked like ,

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by crackhouse(m): 1:26pm On Apr 01
Haba nairaland. This is something that happened over a month ago and u are posting it now.. u guys are just backward here..
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by shedy03(m): 1:34pm On Apr 01
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by superCleanworks(m): 1:42pm On Apr 01
Kolayetuu:
Am surprised, Musa is a very down to heart person, why will he do that?

Yoruba and H problems
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by adioolayi(m): 1:43pm On Apr 01
Pure respect here... nothing serious
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by Antoeni(m): 1:44pm On Apr 01
Correct , Na So , Handshake is Not By Force , He Go Away with His Satanic Occult Handshake , Musa is Fasting
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by Patojargz: 1:47pm On Apr 01
Confirmedzombie:
This is simply a sign of respect. Ahmed Musa is not like Peter obi that lacks respect for his elders.

Ipob and obedients biko zukwaluike

Normally, u needed be checked on...
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by gentleguy1975: 1:48pm On Apr 01
LibertyRep:
Isn't this a sign of respect in their culture? Like 'Your Excellency, I'm too little to shake your hand'

I think you are right, I remember when president tinubu went to visit dantata in Kano during the campaign,he went with some state governors,all the governors couldn't shake hands with the elderly billionaire out of respect!
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by Johnnyplus01k(m): 1:51pm On Apr 01
Innaruwa na
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by Abee79(m): 1:52pm On Apr 01
As a cultural rule, I don't shake hands with elders. I bow. If they insist, I bow even lower.

2 Likes

Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by Donedeal1(m): 1:52pm On Apr 01
Excellent
100%
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by achimendy(m): 1:53pm On Apr 01
LibertyRep:

That's sign of respect. That's how they do here in most part of the north, even ganduje did thesame thing to
Aminu dantata.
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by Oghene86: 1:55pm On Apr 01
NwekeUG:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGwY3GZWags?si=q09P8YdY0iQMsJp7

Why go there if you know you wi.nkt shake the governor
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by ochiosa(m): 1:58pm On Apr 01
Kolayetuu:
Am surprised, Musa is a very down to heart person, why will he do that?
His property is among the demolished ones at the old prayer ground.
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by reciprokal: 1:59pm On Apr 01
NwekeUG:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGwY3GZWags?si=q09P8YdY0iQMsJp7

worthless poverty stricken imbecilic animal, why do you mislead people to click your link?

Na so hungry done make you so shameless?
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by Kilometres: 2:03pm On Apr 01
Christistruth00:

He was being respectful

No, he wasn't.

Watch well, I think there's another reason for it.

He shook hands with Kwankwaso, so why wouldn't he to Abba?

Moreover, the governor's hand gesture showed he insisted but Ahmed refused and bowed his head instead

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by FireUpNow(m): 2:04pm On Apr 01
Na their palava
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by Peter1900(m): 2:06pm On Apr 01
It's a sign of respect... don't bring out issues where's non
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by P1PrinceKT(m): 2:09pm On Apr 01
Kolayetuu:
Am surprised, Musa is a very down to heart person, why would he do that?
Is a sign of great respect. Only if it happens together with a smile 😊 gesture.
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by Peter1900(m): 2:09pm On Apr 01
Peter1900:
It's a sign of respect... don't bring out issues where's non
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by Sportsolutions2(m): 2:23pm On Apr 01
He was trying to be respectful.
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by ufotunang: 2:42pm On Apr 01
Wisedove:
In some parts of the North, they do not accept handshakes from the elderly ones. They'd rather bow to them
U..but why did he shake hands with the first person...the first person is also elderly
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by ufotunang: 2:43pm On Apr 01
That one no concern me...their wahala πŸšΆβ€β™‚οΈπŸšΆβ€β™‚οΈπŸšΆβ€β™‚οΈπŸšΆβ€β™‚οΈπŸšΆβ€β™‚οΈπŸšΆβ€β™‚οΈ
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by Kkb1977: 2:44pm On Apr 01
It's a sign of respect in Hausa culture. You can't shake hand with people above your age and status.
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by Watinani(m): 3:00pm On Apr 01
LibertyRep:

It been a long time since i see a person with sharp IQ like you
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by Watinani(m): 3:02pm On Apr 01
Johnnyplus01k:
Innaruwa na
Yana randa
Re: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video) by Yankee101: 3:06pm On Apr 01
Know the customs of a place first
In the north you refuse the hands of an elder you respect very well but bow out of respect
It’s done for emirs and governors etc
Look for the videos of governors visiting dantata you’ll understand

This was respect not disrespect like some are trying to portray

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Funny Nicknames Of Former Super Eagles Legends And How They Got Them / Ogenyi Onazi Reading Newspaper At A Vendor's Stand (Photo) / Xavier Amaechi Signs For Arsenal (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.