Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,043 members, 7,814,560 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

War: Why Russia Didn’t Crush Whole Of Ukraine Overnight – Fani-kayode - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / War: Why Russia Didn’t Crush Whole Of Ukraine Overnight – Fani-kayode (1617 Views)

Russia Warships , Warplanes Launch Devastating Attack On Ukraine Overnight / 150 Russian Officials Condemn Putin's Invasion Of Ukraine In Open Letter / Tanzanite: Saniniu Laizer, Tanzanian Miner Becomes Overnight Millionaire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

War: Why Russia Didn’t Crush Whole Of Ukraine Overnight – Fani-kayode by Mj4199: 7:11pm On Apr 01
A former Nigeria’s Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode has suggested reasons why Russia is fighting Ukraine.
He said Ukraine would have been utterly destroyed if not that Russia had been mild, limited and restrained in its attack, unlike how Israel took the war to Gaza.

He also believes that NATO provoked the war in Ukraine, that Africa and Nigeria are experiencing the second slavery in the hands of Western powers

"Russians were provoked into doing what they’re doing in Ukraine. Russia is doing it in a mild way.

“They would have crushed the whole of Ukraine overnight but they try to be limited and restrained,” he said in an interview with Arise TV on Sunday.

“It would have been a hundred times worse if they were doing a Gaza on them. It would have been much worse but thank God they’re not doing that.”
On the 24 February 2022, Russia invaded Ukraine in an escalation of the Russo-Ukrainian War that started in 2014.

The invasion became the largest attack on a European country since World War II. It is estimated to have caused tens of thousands of Ukrainian civilian casualties and hundreds of thousands of military casualties.

2 Likes

Re: War: Why Russia Didn’t Crush Whole Of Ukraine Overnight – Fani-kayode by Morgan9(m): 7:15pm On Apr 01
FFK is mentally deranged..

Now I know Why they refuse to give him any appointment

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: War: Why Russia Didn’t Crush Whole Of Ukraine Overnight – Fani-kayode by helinues: 7:15pm On Apr 01
Russia didn't even have the intentions of invading Ukraine.

Ukraine started military training ( Trained by Us) around their borders which the West Media refused to cover, it was after then Russia sent their troops to Ukraine border cos they weren't sure what they were up to.

The Agreement after world war 2 was simple, Russia to withdraw their troops from Europe in agreement of NATO shouldn't step a foot in any of the East Europe countries. How many East Europe countries are currently under NATO?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: War: Why Russia Didn’t Crush Whole Of Ukraine Overnight – Fani-kayode by Fighttillvictory: 7:17pm On Apr 01
Look at mumu man discussing warfare when he can't even stand against the internal slavery in his country

3 Likes

Re: War: Why Russia Didn’t Crush Whole Of Ukraine Overnight – Fani-kayode by Thundafireseun: 7:19pm On Apr 01
All he said is true nah

I wonder why the insult from the kids above me

7 Likes

Re: War: Why Russia Didn’t Crush Whole Of Ukraine Overnight – Fani-kayode by hslbroker2(m): 7:24pm On Apr 01
Fighttillvictory:
Look at mumu man discussing warfare when he can't even stand against the internal slavery in his country
Re: War: Why Russia Didn’t Crush Whole Of Ukraine Overnight – Fani-kayode by brain54(m): 7:25pm On Apr 01
Russia doesn't have the backing of the USA...

Isreal does.

So they have to be careful and cautious because of negative propaganda!
Re: War: Why Russia Didn’t Crush Whole Of Ukraine Overnight – Fani-kayode by thesicilian: 7:26pm On Apr 01
Russia could actually have crushed Ukraine overnight. But Putin has other plans about initio.
And come to think of it, if he had destroyed Ukraine overnight the whole world would have been against him. But now by showing restraint, he has not only improved Russia's economy but has also managed to draw out the true instigators of the war - the US and NATO, and gained more support from the intellectual international community.

13 Likes

Re: War: Why Russia Didn’t Crush Whole Of Ukraine Overnight – Fani-kayode by helinues: 7:27pm On Apr 01
brain54:
Russia doesn't have the backing of the USA...

Isreal does.

So they have to be careful and cautious because of negative propaganda!

Russia waiting for Usa nodding?

Abeg, if na play make you stop am

8 Likes

Re: War: Why Russia Didn’t Crush Whole Of Ukraine Overnight – Fani-kayode by brain54(m): 7:28pm On Apr 01
helinues:

Russia waiting for Usa nodding?

Abeg, if na play make you stop am
Read what I said again...

2 Likes

Re: War: Why Russia Didn’t Crush Whole Of Ukraine Overnight – Fani-kayode by helinues: 7:29pm On Apr 01
brain54:

Read what I said again...

Russia doesn't have the backing of the USA

What do Russia need USA backing for? Who/What is USA?

10 Likes

Re: War: Why Russia Didn’t Crush Whole Of Ukraine Overnight – Fani-kayode by brain54(m): 7:35pm On Apr 01
helinues:

Is that the only paragraph you read...?

Or you can not stitch or link the other part to comprehend what I said?

Why would you take only a sentence or paragraph from a full statement and try to give it a new meaning?

I never insinuated Russia needs US backing. I only said they do not have it!

2 Likes

Re: War: Why Russia Didn’t Crush Whole Of Ukraine Overnight – Fani-kayode by brain54(m): 7:37pm On Apr 01
helinues:

What is USA...?

It's the name of a toy!

1 Like

Re: War: Why Russia Didn’t Crush Whole Of Ukraine Overnight – Fani-kayode by helinues: 7:47pm On Apr 01
brain54:

Is that the only paragraph you read...?

Or you can not stitch or link the other part to comprehend what I said?

Why would you take only a sentence or paragraph from a full statement and try to give it a new meaning?

Russia doesn't have the backing of the USA

This thread was about Why Russia didn't do full invasion and you responded with because Russia didn't have the USA backing, had they have it, they would have invaded Ukraine fully.

Israel who had the USA backing invaded Palestine fully.

So what was your epistle above about?

7 Likes

Re: War: Why Russia Didn’t Crush Whole Of Ukraine Overnight – Fani-kayode by brain54(m): 7:55pm On Apr 01
helinues:

This thread was about Why Russia didn't do full invasion and you responded with because Russia didn't have the USA backing, had they have it, they would have invaded Ukraine fully.

Bro why na...

Stop doing that. This is not about full invasion or not.

This is about the comparison between the devastating crushing levels of the war between the two.

Pls try to comprehend... Even the small 2 or 3 lines I wrote you still took it out of context!

1 Like

Re: War: Why Russia Didn’t Crush Whole Of Ukraine Overnight – Fani-kayode by danvon(m): 8:00pm On Apr 01
The motives are different

Russia is trying to annex Ukraine because it sees Ukrainians as it's own people albeit confused

Israel is trying to get rid of palestinians because it doesn't see them as it's people

2 Likes

Re: War: Why Russia Didn’t Crush Whole Of Ukraine Overnight – Fani-kayode by Aboks(m): 8:02pm On Apr 01
Ffk is insane
ojukwu spirit is disturbing him
Re: War: Why Russia Didn’t Crush Whole Of Ukraine Overnight – Fani-kayode by magoo10(m): 8:02pm On Apr 01
Ukraine is a brother to russia unlike the terrorist of Palestine hamas.
All over the world no one gives chances to terrorists.

Ffk always poses to be foolish,no sane mind takes him serious.
Re: War: Why Russia Didn’t Crush Whole Of Ukraine Overnight – Fani-kayode by Madmohamedslam: 8:04pm On Apr 01
helinues:

No no no no no no no no

Dude

Fvcking look for a job
Re: War: Why Russia Didn’t Crush Whole Of Ukraine Overnight – Fani-kayode by Chukwuka319(m): 8:10pm On Apr 01
Dumb hybridised idiots would and already insulting FFK, but he spoke the crystal clear undiluted truth.
If not for Russia and China, the West would have rubbished developing nations especially Africa, reducing them to economic slaves.We can see this in their neocolonial tendencies in relationships with Africa, and it's pronounced with Weak Francophone African countries.
Russia could have swiftly crushed Ukraine in their ongoing war, being the country with the world's biggest number of nuclear warheads.
But she chose not to go nuclear because she's fighting for the cause of ethnic Russians indigenous to Ukraine,who have long been marginalized.
It was that which fanned the flames of separatist movements in Russian speaking parts of Ukraine, leading to the occupation and annexation of Crimea in 2014.

2 Likes

Re: War: Why Russia Didn’t Crush Whole Of Ukraine Overnight – Fani-kayode by Savedday2: 8:21pm On Apr 01
You sure say Russia never give this man plate of Amala and Ewedu?

1 Like

Re: War: Why Russia Didn’t Crush Whole Of Ukraine Overnight – Fani-kayode by Gift96: 8:41pm On Apr 01
Savedday2:
You sure say Russia never give this man plate of Amala and Ewedu?

Haahahah and gbegiri
Re: War: Why Russia Didn’t Crush Whole Of Ukraine Overnight – Fani-kayode by Mj4199: 9:56pm On Apr 01
Thundafireseun:
All he said is true nah

I wonder why the insult from the kids above me
I swear 🥰 kids indeed

2 Likes

Re: War: Why Russia Didn’t Crush Whole Of Ukraine Overnight – Fani-kayode by Mj4199: 9:57pm On Apr 01
Chukwuka319:
Dumb hybridised idiots would and already insulting FFK, but he spoke the crystal clear undiluted truth.
If not for Russia and China, the West would have rubbished developing nations especially Africa, reducing them to economic slaves.We can see this in their neocolonial tendencies in relationships with Africa, and it's pronounced with Weak Francophone African countries.
Russia could have swiftly crushed Ukraine in their ongoing war, being the country with the world's biggest number of nuclear warheads.
But she chose not to go nuclear because she's fighting for the cause of ethnic Russians indigenous to Ukraine,who have long been marginalized.
It was that which fanned the flames of separatist movements in Russian speaking parts of Ukraine, leading to the occupation and annexation of Crimea in 2014.

You're actually right dear

1 Like

Re: War: Why Russia Didn’t Crush Whole Of Ukraine Overnight – Fani-kayode by Exousiang01: 1:48am On Apr 02
Facts
Re: War: Why Russia Didn’t Crush Whole Of Ukraine Overnight – Fani-kayode by Exousiang01: 1:54am On Apr 02
helinues:
Russia didn't even have the intentions of invading Ukraine.

Ukraine started military training ( Trained by Us) around their borders which the West Media refused to cover, it was after then Russia sent their troops to Ukraine border cos they weren't sure what they were up to.

The Agreement after world war 2 was simple, Russia to withdraw their troops from Europe in agreement of NATO shouldn't step a foot in any of the East Europe countries. How many East Europe countries are currently under NATO?

Many supporters of Ukraine are actually ignorant of the history of this war, all they follow us the western media.
Let Russia set up a military base in Mexico and they will see what the US will do.
From 18 NATO member nations to 30, breaking the agreement year in year out.
Russia is our last defence against western oppression.
God bless mother Russ

2 Likes

Re: War: Why Russia Didn’t Crush Whole Of Ukraine Overnight – Fani-kayode by AcadaWriter: 3:12am On Apr 02
Ffk is insane. ojukwu spirit is disturbing him
Re: War: Why Russia Didn’t Crush Whole Of Ukraine Overnight – Fani-kayode by kingthreat(m): 4:27am On Apr 02
Crushing Ukraine overnight was never part of the military objectives.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: War: Why Russia Didn’t Crush Whole Of Ukraine Overnight – Fani-kayode by Buccalcavity2: 5:41am On Apr 02
I agree on Ukraine 💯 but disagree on Israel vs Palestine. The question is what will you have Israel do? Watch Hamas regroup?
I watched a debate from the UK parliament tonight, where even those antagonizing Israel agree that there can't be a future of Palestine with Hamas in it! So how do you implement that?
Everyday we see proof of Hamas utilizing vast resources in using civilians as human shield....instead of physically confronting Israel. Yet israel'ld quit and wait for the next attack?
Re: War: Why Russia Didn’t Crush Whole Of Ukraine Overnight – Fani-kayode by Mj4199: 6:46am On Apr 02
Anyone insulting him on this one is totally wrong please 🙏..... Ukraine was push into war by using them to provoke Russia, and now NATO is supporting Ukraine to defeat Russia since they have no balls in confronting Russia directly
Re: War: Why Russia Didn’t Crush Whole Of Ukraine Overnight – Fani-kayode by helinues: 7:11am On Apr 02
Buccalcavity2:
I agree on Ukraine 💯 but disagree on Israel vs Palestine. The question is what will you have Israel do? Watch Hamas regroup?
I watched a debate from the UK parliament tonight, where even those antagonizing Israel agree that there can't be a future of Palestine with Hamas in it! So how do you implement that?
Everyday we see proof of Hamas utilizing vast resources in using civilians as human shield....instead of physically confronting Israel. Yet israel'ld quit and wait for the next attack?

Bro the scenario is the same.

Who funded Hamas with million of dollars in Aids?

Where did Israel get chunck of their ammunitions from?

USA had prior intelligent about Hamas planned attack on Israel but look side. Their diplomats have been evacuated before Hamas terrorists even enter Isreal.

If the world leaders truly mean what they have been preaching about peace, then they should
stop manufacturing more weapons of destruction. They won't be needed if there was peace
Re: War: Why Russia Didn’t Crush Whole Of Ukraine Overnight – Fani-kayode by Chukwuka319(m): 7:18am On Apr 02
Mj4199:

You're actually right dear
Thanks brother.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Exclusive: Israel Warns Us Jews: Iran Could Strike Here / Thousands Protest In Brazil,as President Joins Protest Against Own Government / Floyd Mayweather Seen At Trump Rally, Fists Out, Wearing Muslim Headscarf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.