Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

My 2 Times Illegal Arrest Incidents By The NG Police - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My 2 Times Illegal Arrest Incidents By The NG Police (203 Views)

Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense / SARS Officer Escapes Death After Illegal Arrest Of Shop Owner, IKEJA / Illegal Arrest: How 2 Young Men Were Rescued From The Hand Of SARS In Asaba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My 2 Times Illegal Arrest Incidents By The NG Police by Miracle112(m): 9:35pm On Apr 01
So I came across this thread on nairaland https://www.nairaland.com/7657912/ever-been-arrested-share-story and I’ve decided to share my own experience/ story that lead to my illegal arrest by the Nigerian police.

I have been illegally arrested and detained by the NG police two times.
First happened in 2016 in uyo.
Then I just started my apprenticeship as a computer Engineer in epic plaza in uyo. My day 3 as an apprentice, the ng police stormed our office with one handcuffed guy and arrested me, my boss and two other apprentice without any investigations or something.. they packed all the laptops we had in stock and the ones people brought for repairs, my laptop included( this laptop used to give me some small small change to use sustain myself) they packed everything!
You need to see the way these men paraded us as if we were kidnappers or arm robbers they handcuffed me and one of the apprentice together took us to their waiting hilux and sped off with blowing their nonsense siren as if they just captured the most wanted man on earth !
Got to the police station, without even taking any statements from me they pushed me inside the sell!
Eh God! It was as if my own world had ended. I’ve never had such experience in my life before!
Turns out that the handcuffed guy they brought to our office was a criminal who stole a corper’s laptop in etinan and brought it to uyo and sell it to my boss without receipt.
Funny enough when this laptop was sold to my boss , I never started work there. Never heard of such during my 3 days in the office.
Long story cut short! I ended up spending 3 days in the police cell !
And my laptop was never recovered till date!
Sometimes I wish I can go back in time and sue those modafuka! It still pains me till date !

My second arrest happened in late 2017 in portharcourt .. this one still pains me till date too.
There’s a one room house I used to live in with my dad, I mean 1 single room house not 1 bedroom flat. So before we packed in to this house we did a lot of work, like repairing the roof cause everywhere was leaking in the house, and others stuffs like ceiling , plastering the outside wall of the room to prevent our inside wall from peeling off cause the said place was a water area!
Well, we did all these things and recorded everything on a paper to show the landlord how much we’ve spent to work on the house.
The agreement between the landlord and my dad was that, the money my dad spent to work on the house will be counted for the landlord and added to our rent after my dad had already paid the initial 1 year rent o . unfortunately my dad died like 7 months after, 2 months after my dad’s demise the landlord requested I pay my rent or pack out !
Pack out ke! Me that still have like 9 months to stay in the house ¿
Funny enough, since my Dad’s demise, the landlord never asked me to bring the note my dad made so he could see how much we spent to work on the house, instead he denied that he never had such agreement with my dad !
Me and two other tenants were asked to pack out which I refused because my rent wasn’t due !
One morning like this, this man drove in with police men and got me arrested !

I had no one in ph to come bail me , so I stayed inside cell for 3 days until my mom in uyo heard that I was arrested and sent 5k to my friend in ph to come bail me out.

See, some things are let go, but you see this particular matter ? Lai lai, I cannot forgive that man.. there’s nothing and no one can make me forgive that man.
I called one of my neighbor’s we stayed with in that compound some months ago and reminded her of that nonsense the man and she said I should let go, but I can’t let go. She said that the man is on the run now because the compound wasn’t his, it was his brother’s compound and the brother is abroad, he left the land under his care but he(my landlord) pursued everyone from the compound and rented the land to an illegal coaltar manufacturers and now no one can enter the company anymore it’s no longer accessible due to the effect of the coaltar on the ground.
Me still d hope on the day I go jam that man anywhere! I’ll use my last card to make sure I get him arrested and have him Detained for at least 3 days. Na money I go spend but for the best I will get justice.
Re: My 2 Times Illegal Arrest Incidents By The NG Police by TINTINABULATION(m): 10:57pm On Apr 01
So sad!

(1) (Reply)

Sango OTA' Electric Poles Damaged Everywhere After Rainfall (video) / Edo Police Foil Cult Initiation In Ekpoma, Arrest 35 Suspects / Thread Modifying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.