Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,721 members, 7,813,381 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:35 AM

Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story (13953 Views)

Have You Ever Been Wrongly Arrested? Share Your Story / Funmilade Adeyemi Declared Wanted By EFCC Has Been Arrested / Drunk Policeman Who Shot People In Warri At A Child Dedication Has Been Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by Donkogbe: 5:28pm On Apr 18, 2023
Around 2021 while in school, a phone was missing in my apartment and all effort to get the device proof abortive untill someone said they suspected my friend and due to highness I said I will monitor him if I see any strange things or move and the next thing they said was "I said he stole the phone" hin no funny oo.

THe owner went to call gangs and they beat my guh up but I was untouchable because of my physical look then. (I dey gym) my friend did not believe me and the next day he went to the police station to report and I was called to come to the station. I was detained but was freed after 3hrs and the foolish girl have to sleep in the cell.

That was the first time I will enter cell. I don learn my lesson since then not to ever put mouth for wetin no concern me and one advice I will give anyone is never to rent a room face me I slap you house. it more like digging your grave and mental health.

Share yours let learn!!!

20 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by Laurealite: 5:33pm On Apr 18, 2023
Hmmm long story
Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by illicit(m): 5:42pm On Apr 18, 2023
Hmmmm

I don't know if I should call this one "arrest or invitation or excursion"

What happened was that the vigilante in our off-campus hostel area banned movement from 6pm because some goats went missing

We students won't abide by such rule as free Nigerians and this resulted into a free for all fight one evening because they actually beat one of us who was returning from watching a football match around 7pm.

They threatened us with guns and we retaliated with stones

When the news got to the student affairs, they called in the police and when the police arrived, they rounded up every student in that fight arena and took us to the station in patrol vehicles.

Most of us were in underwears.

They put us in the DCO's office and that's where we passed the night. It was inconvenient.

We didn't write any statement.
They said they were protecting us.

The following morning they returned us to the hostel in the same patrol vehicles because a number of us had tests to write.

The vigilantes never bothered us after the incidence and we didn't bother them too

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by Flight90: 5:47pm On Apr 18, 2023
Arrested kwa? grin

Nairaland no go kee me

To be arrested is not a thing of joy na🤔

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by AchrafHakimi: 5:58pm On Apr 18, 2023
Is it by Police or Holy Spirit?
Be specific.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by Donkogbe: 5:58pm On Apr 18, 2023
omo goat went missing so funny
illicit:
Hmmmm

I don't know if I should call this one "arrest or invitation or excursion"

What happened was that the vigilante in our off-campus hostel area banned movement from 6pm because some goats went missing

We students won't abide by such rule as free Nigerians and this resulted into a free for all fight one evening because they actually beat one of us who was returning from watching a football match.

They threatened us with guns and we retaliated with stones

When the news got to the student affairs, they called in the police and when the police arrived, they rounded up every student in that fight arena and took us to the station in patrol vehicles.

Most of us were in underwears.

They put us in the DCO's office and that's where we passed the night. It was inconvenient.

We didn't write any statement.
They said they were protecting us.

The following morning they returned us to the hostel in the same patrol vehicles because we had exam to write.

The vigilantes never bothered us after the incidence and we didn't bother them too

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by Donkogbe: 5:59pm On Apr 18, 2023
na asthma na lol
AchrafHakimi:
Is it by Police or Holy Spirit?
Be specific.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by illicit(m): 6:03pm On Apr 18, 2023
Donkogbe:
omo goat went missing so funny

Yes o

The funny thing is that we don't know anything about the missing goats

It's only careless fowls that we usually achieve tongue grin

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by obicoolnino: 3:35pm On Apr 01
W
Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by jubrilELsudan: 3:35pm On Apr 01
AS E BE SO IF I SHARE MY STORY NAIRALAND GO BURN OOOOOO

20 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by Dexy4yah(m): 3:36pm On Apr 01
grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by Gbadugbakun(m): 3:36pm On Apr 01
I beat one girl in my lodge and she went and call SARS for me. The useless SARS people didn't even ask me what happened they just slapped me and dumped me inside their van and drove off.

When we got to their station, they asked me if I have any last words or will I would like to write that I've been marked for death. Later one came in and told them to take me to the stake and shoot that fresh detainees would be arriving tomorrow and they don't need us. I cry taya that day. They sha released me after my uncle paid 50k.

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by visijo(m): 3:37pm On Apr 01
Do you know that if not for Judas we for no get all this holiday cool

15 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by Jennyclay(f): 3:37pm On Apr 01
jubrilELsudan:
AS E BE SO IF I SHARE MY STORY NAIRALAND GO BURN OOOOOO
share the story undecided Why were you arrested

Are you a rapist or a murderer or a kidnapper or a serial thief That you can’t share your story

Biko, tell us your crime!!
Evil men!!

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by gaskiyamagana: 3:37pm On Apr 01
I have not been arrested because I know n Nigerian police more than they no themselves. Any matter that will carry join them, l no put my mouth or my hands on it. Even the one my legs come across, l always commot back my legs from that road and follow follow another road.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by annayawchee: 3:37pm On Apr 01
I will be back o
Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by Tokskob2008: 3:37pm On Apr 01
Nope and I'm not planning towards it either..

Nigerian police is not your friend!

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by MajorOvakporaye(f): 3:37pm On Apr 01
They never caught me, even during secondary school days. I always run away. I swam across a river when they wanted to arrest me because of 20 Naira weed in 2004.

11 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by inoki247: 3:38pm On Apr 01
Lol none I could think of....
Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by Urgent1Million: 3:38pm On Apr 01
I was arrested in 2019 for buying a fairly used TV and a DVD player.
I was still in school at the time.
I had the receipts of the purchases but the police said that the writings on the receipts didn't show at the back of the receipts so they were fake. After beating the hell out of me and detaining me in a smelly cell for two days, they collected 6,000 from me before releasing me.
Till date, I have a grudge against the police and will surely take my revenge.

74 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by AntiChristian: 3:39pm On Apr 01
Audhubillahi minnashaytanir-Rajeem!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by Festusse(m): 3:39pm On Apr 01
Nah only for questioning.. someone stole my mum's money and I was the witness.. nothing good ever make me get issues with police, so I always avoid trouble

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by Kingbuhari(m): 3:39pm On Apr 01
Very funny for my 40 years on earth I never been arrested or went to police for any criminal reasons

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by seborrhic: 3:41pm On Apr 01
Donkogbe:
one advice I will give anyone is never to rent a room face me I slap you house. it more like digging your grave and mental health.
What if you don't have money to rent a flat,even a shared one,so the person should go and be living under the bridge?
You all say some of these things like it's easy for some people in Nigeria to rent houses of their choice

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by Olalan(m): 3:42pm On Apr 01
I went to play playstation in a game house....... not a funny scenario.

The guys took us into their bus and collected money from the shop owner, before they let us go.

Since then I dread going to play games or even watch matches outside

7 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by farouk2much(m): 3:42pm On Apr 01
My story is very long i can't narrates it here.. But the answer to your question is yes....

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by Pedroslam: 3:43pm On Apr 01
I was arrested in kano after a fight ...they said nobody should bail me cause they dont know if the other guy was still alive whereas he just had a cut in the finger ....so police just wanted me to sleep till next day,me and my friend

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by Maj196(m): 3:44pm On Apr 01
No! Never!! Ever!!!

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by Risingblue008(m): 3:44pm On Apr 01
because of weed ooo
Just becos of weed

I no gree bail myself
Dem tire for me na
I begged dem with 4k dem no gree
For their front
I used the money cure jonzing den lock-up.
I was there for almost 5days
Nobody tell dpo to free me b4 he did dt

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by DenreleDave(m): 3:45pm On Apr 01
sad sad

2010 or so

I was in a game shop when police stomped the shop... I remember the game I wás playing... It was Wrestling with a friend..

I was about to do smack down for him b4 police entered and we paused.... B4 you know it, I was handcuffs with others playing game, put inside their useless danfo bus and taking to station...

They packed people standing on the road too.... Kon slap me join say I dey look am...

Wetin we do? No. Offence... Dem. Just wan collect money...

Na my dad kon bail me for doing nothing... I wish I can get the man that slapped me...

Make I deal with am..

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by OMEGA009(m): 3:45pm On Apr 01
R

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

DSS Arrests Suspected Boko Haram Gun Fabricator / Abia Man Kills Kinsman Over N800 Electricity Bill (photo) / Tokunbo Afikuyomi: How Scammers Hacked My Phone, Defrauded My Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.