Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,137 members, 7,814,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

The Oldest Estate In Anambra State Capital Awka(udoka) - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Oldest Estate In Anambra State Capital Awka(udoka) (39187 Views)

Brand New One Bedroom And Palour Flat In Udoka Estate Awka To Let / Collapsed 3-Storey Building: ECTDA Evaluates All Structures In State Capital / Live In A Secured Environment In Udoka Estate Awka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Oldest Estate In Anambra State Capital Awka(udoka) by Konquest: 8:54pm On Apr 02
Makunahatata:
your antics is clear as the day cos the thread is clearly not about Ibadan but Awka..
well ,my answer is the truth and not an insult ..by the way, Bodija estate in Ibadan is the first modern housing estate in the whole Nigeria, constructed in 1959.
that time your grandparents just left jungle to mud houses with bamboo leaves as roofing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlm8lhJrGpU
Bodija Estate in 1959. New Bodija.
Re: The Oldest Estate In Anambra State Capital Awka(udoka) by Omoawoke: 8:57pm On Apr 02
codemaniacs:

the place is called housing corporation or new bodija.

It was not compound settlements... it was an estate of about 100 houses with spacious compounds..

its difficult to find pictures of the estate because they are not built like estates of today where your neighbour can see inside your room.. that's why omoawoke Makunahatata spagettiluv could not post pictures.

the image below shows one of the houses..

Someone posted something better, a video of the oldest estate in Nigeria which is located in Ibadan.

1 Like

Re: The Oldest Estate In Anambra State Capital Awka(udoka) by broadman20: 9:15pm On Apr 02
codemaniacs:

the place is called housing corporation or new bodija.

It was not compound settlements... it was an estate of about 100 houses with spacious compounds..

its difficult to find pictures of the estate because they are not built like estates of today where your neighbour can see inside your room.. that's why omoawoke Makunahatata spagettiluv could not post pictures.

the image below shows one of the houses..

Okay good, we can understand ourselves without fighting anybody.

I believe lack of understanding is our greatest problem in this country.
Re: The Oldest Estate In Anambra State Capital Awka(udoka) by codemaniacs: 9:20pm On Apr 02
Omoawoke:

Someone posted something better, a video of the oldest estate in Nigeria which is located in Ibadan.

the person posted a more recent video of the place...

even when I searched for the image most of the pictures showed 3 stories buildings and not the 1 story building the estate is known for..

the image I shared is how the houses were built because I remember my grand-aunty's own looking similar to that but most of the houses were white in color and had the same design and in the video Makunahatata shared I did not see a house that had the same design as the ones I used to see when I visited my grand-aunt in the 90s....
Re: The Oldest Estate In Anambra State Capital Awka(udoka) by Christlike01: 10:02pm On Apr 02
wiseoneking:
The whole of Lagos state is 452. 23 sq miles.
Awka larger than that. New York City is 469 sq miles, that means Awka is larger than New York. The GDP of New York State is more than twice the whole of Africa.

Now Lagos alone is thirty times wealthier than Oyo state alone and 5 times more populated. If Awka is just a street in Ibadan, Lagos may be just an avenue to Ibadan. You must learn that it is not by land size but by population and infrastructure. After Lagos, Anambra is the most urbanized state in Nigeria. I challenge you to compare the population of Anambra and oyo and see the difference. I used to tell people that Nigeria may be more than 80 times the size of Israel but Israel GDP is bigger than Nigeria, and also the gross manufacturing output of Israel which may be the size of Ibadan, is bigger than the whole of Africa put together. Anambra has more banks than the big for nothing Oyo. From the statistics from Jamb both in Medicine, Law, Engineering, Computer etc, Oyo is no where near the Anambra you are talking about. Is not in land size but in wealth.

Lol! Ego triggered gibberish as expected from Chinedu! "Anambra is the most urbanized state in Nigeria" - IPOB Bureau of Statistics. Lol,"most urbanized state",yet your people are running away from it,arriving in droves in other regions, especially South West,as if some demons are chasing them away from their ancestral land! Statistically proven,South West is the most developed and most urbanized region of Nigeria and that's why your people keep 'tlaffling to Ragos"! Anyway, that's just by the way,we hope you guys stay in your "most urbanized state",lol!

Now,take a look at this :

Oyo state IGR at N62.2b is greater than Ebonyi at N12.4b+ Abia at N20.1b+ Enugu at N28.7b combined!

Oyo State IGR = N62.2b

Ebonyi(N12.4b)+Abia(N20.1b)+Enugu(N28.7b)= N61.2b total!

One implication of the above is that,on the basis of economic viability and self-sufficiency, the South East should not have more than two states because, as seen above, almost all the states in the South East perform poorly in revenue generation. This clearly shows that the region relies solely/heavily on FAAC allocations to sustain its growth and development! "Mtchew, a NOBODY feeling funky!"

Oh, your argument is GDP, right?! Yes, you guys are quite hardworking;producing fake pharmaceuticals, fake beverages, fake drinks, fake shoes, fake auto parts,etc,and even a fake presidential candidate! Yes, your GDP is very high in terms of fake products. I give that to you.

Mumu,your entire region don't even come any close to Ogun state alone in terms of growth and development. Lol,domestic cat๐Ÿˆ that's feeling like a ๐Ÿฆ Lion! Mtchew,a bunch of village dwelling morons from erosion ravaged land of primitive cannibals!

2 Likes

Re: The Oldest Estate In Anambra State Capital Awka(udoka) by prophetfire: 10:07pm On Apr 02
Makunahatata:
like u don't currently live in an apartment like a pig sty with your parents and 12 siblings
You can't write properly. School fees wasted.
Re: The Oldest Estate In Anambra State Capital Awka(udoka) by Makunahatata: 10:24pm On Apr 02
prophetfire:
You can't write properly. School fees wasted.
well, you're definitely looking for cheap attention..
do u know writing properly is not the key to success,I have useless people like u I dey send money to steady for upkeep...if we check well, ๐Ÿฅฒ na someone somewhere dey feed u.
Re: The Oldest Estate In Anambra State Capital Awka(udoka) by damoobaba: 10:34pm On Apr 02
Localemperor:
I asked a simple question but resort to insult..

He has told you the truth. Ibadan was in existence even when your ancestors were still evolving from APES and sleeping on trees. Social media has made foooools like you that dont research to believe that the brown roofs you see is what the whole of Ibadan looks like.

If you dont mean to INSULT Ibadan, go and research about the Old and modern estates in Ibadan.
Re: The Oldest Estate In Anambra State Capital Awka(udoka) by damoobaba: 10:36pm On Apr 02
wiseoneking:
Awka larger than that. New York City is 469 sq miles, that means Awka is larger than New York. The GDP of New York State is more than twice the whole of Africa.

Now Lagos alone is thirty times wealthier than Oyo state alone and 5 times more populated. If Awka is just a street in Ibadan, Lagos may be just an avenue to Ibadan. You must learn that it is not by land size but by population and infrastructure. After Lagos, Anambra is the most urbanized state in Nigeria. I challenge you to compare the population of Anambra and oyo and see the difference. I used to tell people that Nigeria may be more than 80 times the size of Israel but Israel GDP is bigger than Nigeria, and also the gross manufacturing output of Israel which may be the size of Ibadan, is bigger than the whole of Africa put together. Anambra has more banks than the big for nothing Oyo. From the statistics from Jamb both in Medicine, Law, Engineering, Computer etc, Oyo is no where near the Anambra you are talking about. Is not in land size but in wealth.

Coming from someone who probably does not live in Anambra.

1 Like

Re: The Oldest Estate In Anambra State Capital Awka(udoka) by MrSly(m): 11:41pm On Apr 02
Makunahatata:
Warlords and kings like Aaare latosha, Balogun Ibikunle, Bashorun Ogunmola e.t.c all owned estates during the era your forefathers dey drag space with monkeys in the jungle naked.
You were asked to show the oldest estate in Ibadan and you needed up narrating unfounded history. History as authentic as the story of palm kennel, folw and sand. grin grin grin
Re: The Oldest Estate In Anambra State Capital Awka(udoka) by Makunahatata: 11:49pm On Apr 02
MrSly:

You were asked to show the oldest estate in Ibadan and you needed up narrating unfounded history. History as authentic as the story of palm kennel, folw and sand. grin grin grin
and how you were born a dullard

1 Like

Re: The Oldest Estate In Anambra State Capital Awka(udoka) by Chukwuka319(m): 2:02am On Apr 03
noble2faith:

Mr man, go back to the first page and read the comments without biased mind to see what started this tribal argy bargy.

It is u and your clans that is suffering from what I dont know. Lemme clone it "Autophobic Inferiority Complex".
Lol! Goodness Lord!
Do you have sense at all?
See what?
How does the issue of the oldest estate in Anambra state concern other ethnic groups in Nigeria?
You sound more stupid than the Igbophobic hybridised animals ranting like dogs packed together in one cage.
Re: The Oldest Estate In Anambra State Capital Awka(udoka) by InvertedHammer: 2:12am On Apr 03
/
Awka is gradually making progress.

Good one!

/
Re: The Oldest Estate In Anambra State Capital Awka(udoka) by BluntCrazeMan: 3:39am On Apr 03
Bestmanfornow:
Udoka estate is the oldest Estate in Awka Anambra state capital built during the days of former governor of Anambra state late Chief Chukwuemeka Ezife in 1993 when he flagged off the project, although this is not the first estate in Anambra state Fegge Onitsha is the first planned estate in Anambra state during colonial era,

Watch aerial coverage of oldest Estate in Awka

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JR0F-jJZFM
That OLD estate at Agu-Awka Expressway,, Beside Basino-Hotel..

WHAT IS IT'S NAME?
AND WHEN WAS IT ESTABLISHED.??
Re: The Oldest Estate In Anambra State Capital Awka(udoka) by Godsonkemz(m): 4:09am On Apr 03
That was where I lived while in Awka. It was very cool but if you don't have a ride then, navigating at night would be a challenge because bikes were barned from operating after 6pm by the local security.
Re: The Oldest Estate In Anambra State Capital Awka(udoka) by LOVEGINO(m): 4:30am On Apr 03
Makunahatata:
Warlords and kings like Aaare latosha, Balogun Ibikunle, Bashorun Ogunmola e.t.c all owned estates during the era your forefathers dey drag space with monkeys in the jungle naked.
chai! U just kee person๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

1 Like

Re: The Oldest Estate In Anambra State Capital Awka(udoka) by MrSly(m): 6:01am On Apr 03
Makunahatata:
and how you were born a dullard
If you call someone a dullard what can you call a demon from waste? grin grin grin Someone whose tribe was created by cockerel and they all believe it. How else can one best describe dumb if not to point at one of these cockerel descendants, dullard personified?
Re: The Oldest Estate In Anambra State Capital Awka(udoka) by kenny160: 6:45am On Apr 03
Makunahatata:
your antics is clear as the day cos the thread is clearly not about Ibadan but Awka..
well ,my answer is the truth and not an insult ..by the way, Bodija estate in Ibadan is the first modern housing estate in the whole Nigeria, constructed in 1959.
that time your grandparents just left jungle to mud houses with bamboo leaves as roofing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlm8lhJrGpU
wa sere omo iya mi, mo gbadun awon esi omoluabi to fun were yen je, won rope awon nikan lawon gbon abi mo oro so ni,,God bless you and I and the rest Omo oduduwa in the whole world.

2 Likes

Re: The Oldest Estate In Anambra State Capital Awka(udoka) by Makunahatata: 8:07am On Apr 03
kenny160:
wa sere omo iya mi, mo gbadun awon esi omoluabi to fun were yen je, won rope awon nikan lawon gbon abi mo oro so ni,,God bless you and I and the rest Omo oduduwa in the whole world.
amen o my bro

2 Likes

Re: The Oldest Estate In Anambra State Capital Awka(udoka) by Makunahatata: 8:10am On Apr 03
MrSly:

If you call someone a dullard what can you call a demon from waste? grin grin grin Someone whose tribe was created by cockerel and they all believe it. How else can one best describe dumb if not to point at one of these cockerel descendants, dullard personified?
you're not worth my time

1 Like

Re: The Oldest Estate In Anambra State Capital Awka(udoka) by Seunfretty: 8:32am On Apr 03
So somebody is comparing Anambra to IBADAN ..a whole Ibadan o...well let me start by saying I have been to Anambara ...awka ..and more...please let this be the last time u will compare those places with Ibadan...that rubbish fit vex me ..Ibadan has so many thing engraved in it that will take years for this places to meet up with ..You brag about estates. .I understand Ibadan some old slum which people use in dragging the place ..but u guyz need to come to IBADAN and venture into their estates...I can even count the number of cool estates that city has ..and they are fucking serene...most of the estate u brag about in east packed together will only fit into one estate in Ibadan ..

And someone said Anambra I more richer ..are u kidding??.. all your IGR in the east will only match that of Oyo state...

Oyo state is a giant in decades ....and that status is not something u can't just measured with...South west is on a level of their own

1 Like

Re: The Oldest Estate In Anambra State Capital Awka(udoka) by Ttipsy(f): 8:44am On Apr 03
wiseoneking:

nice analysis
Re: The Oldest Estate In Anambra State Capital Awka(udoka) by MrSly(m): 9:21am On Apr 03
Makunahatata:
you're not worth my time
Your cent not mine.
Re: The Oldest Estate In Anambra State Capital Awka(udoka) by Makunahatata: 9:23am On Apr 03
MrSly:

Your cent not mine.
find your cheap attention elsewhere
Re: The Oldest Estate In Anambra State Capital Awka(udoka) by prophetfire: 10:51am On Apr 03
Makunahatata:
well, you're definitely looking for cheap attention..
do u know writing properly is not the key to success,I have useless people like u I dey send money to steady for upkeep...if we check well, ๐Ÿฅฒ na someone somewhere dey feed u.
What are you successful in? Boasting about leading useless people.
If those you are fending for are useless as you said, that shows that you are the real MVP in uselessness.
Re: The Oldest Estate In Anambra State Capital Awka(udoka) by MrSly(m): 12:30pm On Apr 03
Makunahatata:
find your cheap attention elsewhere
Who cares for a political arselicker? Bigotry ridden fellows. Pecuniary slaves.
Re: The Oldest Estate In Anambra State Capital Awka(udoka) by Makunahatata: 12:45pm On Apr 03
MrSly:

Who cares for a political arselicker? Bigotry ridden fellows. Pecuniary slaves.
cry cry dullard get the fvck out of here ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: The Oldest Estate In Anambra State Capital Awka(udoka) by MrSly(m): 1:27pm On Apr 03
Makunahatata:
cry cry dullard get the fvck out of here ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Do you even know anything? You guys are the one crying, crying of hunger. Last time I checked you were the ones masturbating on the streets and shouting out your hearts due to hardship and hunger. There is consequence for bigotry.
Re: The Oldest Estate In Anambra State Capital Awka(udoka) by Makunahatata: 1:29pm On Apr 03
MrSly:

Do you even know anything? You guys are the one crying, crying of hunger. Last time I checked you were the ones masturbating on the streets and shouting out your hearts due to hardship and hunger. There is consequence for bigotry.
I dey with u jare delusional ,brain dead ipob....yes oo!! we are selling our children for peanut to chop ๐Ÿ˜‚,
Even one man shot his child for eating too much the other day... Uwazuruike no lie about you ppl being the most foolish tribe on earth ๐Ÿฅฒ
Re: The Oldest Estate In Anambra State Capital Awka(udoka) by MrSly(m): 1:44pm On Apr 03
Makunahatata:
I dey with u jare delusional ,brain dead ipob....yes oo!! we are selling our children for peanut to chop ๐Ÿ˜‚,
Even one man shot his child for eating too much the other day... Uwazuruike no lie about you ppl being the most foolish tribe on earth ๐Ÿฅฒ
It is only stupidity and foolishness that makes sense to a hungry defendant of a fowl. How many heads were slammed due to hunger in your enclave at Ogun?grin grin grin
Re: The Oldest Estate In Anambra State Capital Awka(udoka) by Makunahatata: 1:53pm On Apr 03
MrSly:

It is only stupidity and foolishness that makes sense to a hungry defendant of a fowl. How many heads were slammed due to hunger in your enclave at Ogun?grin grin grin
blablabla, yenyenyen ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ useless ppl, worst creatures on earth, *spits๐Ÿคฎ
now fuvk of my mention bfr I make u slide into depression.
Re: The Oldest Estate In Anambra State Capital Awka(udoka) by Ubanz: 2:11pm On Apr 03
Makunahatata:
Warlords and kings like Aaare latosha, Balogun Ibikunle, Bashorun Ogunmola e.t.c all owned estates during the era your forefathers dey drag space with monkyeys in the jungle naked.

Like which year are u talking about?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Our Tenant Refuses To Vacate Our Apartment After About 10 Months Quit Notice! / Building designs and advice for your projects / Building Collapses At Lagos Island, Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.