Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,704 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

An Honest Act: Janitor At TFML Makes Headlines For Returning Lost Fortune - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / An Honest Act: Janitor At TFML Makes Headlines For Returning Lost Fortune (58 Views)

Is This Pure Act Of Slavery Or Real Job Vacancy? (Picture) / ACM Bashiru Promoted To Corporal For Returning Lost 37, 000 Euro To The Owner / Janitor At US Embassy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Honest Act: Janitor At TFML Makes Headlines For Returning Lost Fortune by qrymz(m): 11:55am On Apr 02
Azeezat Soliu Atinuke, a dedicated janitor at a TFML-managed facility, is more than just someone who keeps things clean. Azeezat recently became a local hero after finding and returning an envelope containing a significant sum of money. This act of honesty has not only garnered her praise from colleagues and management but also shone a light on the character and integrity of TFML's hardworking staff.
As a mother of one and the fifth of six children, Azeezat understands the value of hard work and responsibility. These values translate directly into her dedication to her role at TFML. But when Azeezat discovered the envelope, her commitment to honesty went above and beyond the call of duty.
Motivations of an Honest Heart:

We recently sat down with Azeezat to understand what motivated her to return the lost money. Here's what she had to say:

Interviewer: Hello Azeezat, How are you?

Azeezat: I am fine, thank you for asking.

Interviewer: Can you tell us about yourself?

Azeezat: I am Azeezat Soliu Atinuke, I am the fifth child of six children and a mother to a wonderful child. I currently work as a janitor with Total Facilities Management Limited.

Interviewer: How did you discover the envelope?

Azeezat: It was a normal workday until I went to the mosque and found an envelope. I was skeptical at first but summon the courage to touch it since a colleague was present. I checked and was shocked to find a huge sum of foreign currency. I decided to give it to the Imam of the Mosque during the 4 pm prayers so he could announce it. Nobody claimed it so I was made to take it home with me the next day. Someone eventually came to claim the money and was so pleased that he appreciated me with 100 dollars.

Interviewer: What was your initial reaction to finding such a large sum of money?

Azeezat: I was absolutely in shock because I was holding a sum that will pay my salary for years.

Interviewer: Did you ever consider eeping the money? Why or why not?

Azeezat: Keeping the money never crossed my mind. Growing up, I would lose twice any amount that is not mine and I pick for myself.

Interviewer: How did you feel after returning the envelope?

Azeezat: I felt fulfilled, yes, I have had several people praise my act while others condemned it saying the money could have changed my life. Yes, the money could have changed my life but it doesn’t change the fact that it was never mind and I will eventually loose twice that amount sometime in the future.

Interviewer: Has this experience impacted your perspective on your job at TFML?

Azeezat: Yes it has made me more popular, People know me more now and they are always complimenting me more these days. I am just glad to be identified as a good role model for TFML.

Azeezat's story is a powerful reminder that integrity and honesty are core values worth celebrating. Her actions not only reflect well on her personally but also serve as an inspiration to everyone at TFML.

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Professional Spa Therapist Urgently Needed In Ado Ekiti / Explore Exciting Opportunities: Public Relations Jobs Dallas Await! / Fashion Design Student In Need Of Urgent IT Placement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.