Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,766 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir (35172 Views)

Ahmed Musa Reacts As Victor Moses Retires From Super Eagles / Ahmed Musa Reacts After His Goal Was Ranked 8th Best At World Cup / Ahmed Musa Reacts As His Goal Is Nominated For World Cup Goal Of The Tournament (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by Riskymarvelous(m): 3:15pm On Apr 02
Musa want to unseat him in next election mark my words
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by CharleyBright(m): 3:19pm On Apr 02
BoldBrainz:

You're enjoying a sectional ban bestowed on you by some irate moderator over your words and conducts. It has nothing to do with segregation.

Who is the Moderator in charge of Politics section
I dare him or her to tell me exactly why he banned me?
Quietly hiding to ban people is a low point.

Surreptitious cowards !!!
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by lagosrd: 3:19pm On Apr 02
Don't mind them. It's not only in the north. If an elderly man stretches his had to you and you refused shaking respectfully, that's the height of respect . So far you stoop low and refuse the hand shake , you are carried , good to go

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by engrfaruq(m): 3:19pm On Apr 02
Penguin2:

He didn’t explain anything.

He just went on long vituperation instead of addressing the issue.

Why did he kneel to greet and shake the deputy governor but refused even a handshake from the governor neither did he kneel as he did for the deputy?

He has his biases and those biases informed that action but, of course, he won’t admit it.

He probably has corn 🌽 in Agbada😏

Oga, withholding handshake in a respectful manner is the highest form of respect you can accord an elder in the North. It's a way of telling him "I'm too small to shake your hand"

2 Likes

Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by BoldBrainz(m): 3:22pm On Apr 02
OChimex:

Did you read what Musa wrote?
He said "kneeling to shake hands is the highest form of respect in his culture."

If it's the highest form of respect so why didnt he accord the number one citizen of his state that highest form of respect even when he invited him to?

There was absolutely nothing wrong in Musa's reaction to the Governor's handshake. It is a cultural depiction of respect. End of story.

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by BoldBrainz(m): 3:23pm On Apr 02
CharleyBright:

Who is the Moderator in charge of Politics section
I dare him or her to tell me exactly why he banned me?
Quietly hiding to ban people is a low point.

Surreptitious cowards !!!

Don't make me laugh, please😊.
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by naptu2: 3:24pm On Apr 02
CharleyBright:

Pls who is that delusional moderator that banned me and what section is that?

He is a coward if he cannot tell me my offense but went ahead to surreptitiously ban me.
Some of these Nairaland moderators are operating like tyrants.

Click on your username. It will take you to your profile. Read everything that it written there. If you have actually been banned, then you'll see a message that will tell you why, who banned you and how long the ban will last.
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by Krak(m): 3:26pm On Apr 02
Penguin2:

Why did he kneel to greet and shake the deputy governor but refused even a handshake from the governor neither did he kneel as he did for the deputy?

He has his biases and those biases informed that action but, of course, he won’t admit it.

Whatever his intentions, reasons or biases I believe it is actually none of our businesses.

We like making a mountain out of a molehill.

2 Likes

Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by Vikto17: 3:26pm On Apr 02
Richtaiwo:

Ipob and logic are lightyears apart. You understand his mind more than him. You also understand his culture more than him. Meanwhile, even the governors action indicates acknowledgement of the cultural respect. This is how they see white but insist it is black. Example is telling us obi is competent when everyone knows he was the worst governor ever exist in Nigeria.
how is obi the worst Governor you fool? You are even more foolish than the person u are accusing,,, how on earth is Peter obi the worst Governor,, what statistics did u use to make such claim
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by IMPARTIAL: 3:30pm On Apr 02
But if the governor stretched his hand, why won't you shake or hold it?

You Sabi lie!
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by fredoooooo: 3:34pm On Apr 02
No go think about ya life na people ey get money,wey no greet themselves make you dey look for .. later blame government for ya sorrow in life
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by SporaD8: 3:37pm On Apr 02
santaclaws:
I blame Nigerian bloggers for this... they do anything to gain traffic. Everyone who's familiar with northern culture knows it's considered humility when you bow or kneel instead of shaking hands with someone older or of higher social status.

Nigerians always claim to be smart, but when the slightest things happen, you see people talking senselessly online without engaging their thinking faculty 🙄
This is not Nigeria ish please!!!
We all know those whose culture abhor respect for Elders.
Even after correcting them, they'd still insist on teaching you how to carry on with your own culture!

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by CharleyBright(m): 3:42pm On Apr 02
BoldBrainz:

Don't make me laugh, please😊.

Obviously, some of Nairaland moderators are politically biased, abnormally prejudiced and surreptitiously wicked.
And more annoying is the way some of them operate like colonial village guards that have been granted the privilege to admit people into the palace.

I would like to know the moderator that banned me in the politics section.
Let him show his ugly face.
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by Peppysco: 3:46pm On Apr 02
Penguin2:

In what way does how he greets and who he greets affect you?
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by jaymichael(m): 4:00pm On Apr 02
id4sho:
Stupid man undecided, damage control. You squat to great a elderly person. If he gives you a hand shake, you then reciprocate.
For your culture abi? Yoruba say the way fem dey do am for our side different from the way dem dey do am for another person side.
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by HRMK: 4:02pm On Apr 02
DO YOU JUST MENTION ARISE TV?IS THAT A RESPONSIBLE TV STATION?IS THAT NOT WHERE WE HAVE RUFAI OSENI THE HALF BAKED JOURNALIST?IGNORE THEM PLEASE!
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by DeGods007(m): 4:04pm On Apr 02
BeardGangJnr1:

U are Dumb...but what's more worrisome is you are yet to realize that you a Dumb

You're also dumb so shut your trap young man
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by DeGods007(m): 4:06pm On Apr 02
engrfaruq:

Oga, withholding handshake in a respectful manner is the highest form of respect you can accord an elder in the North. It's a way of telling him "I'm too small to shake your hand"

But slaughtering their elders and kids like ram is what again? 🤣🤣🤣

Yeye people plenty for this country I swear
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by Judolisco(m): 4:06pm On Apr 02
id4sho:
Stupid man undecided, damage control. You squat to great a elderly person. If he gives you a hand shake, you then reciprocate.
no be for every culture oga...

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by shonepa(m): 4:13pm On Apr 02
Why so much hate? How VDM take relate to this matta?

Its like VDM dey enjoy free rent for your head, let the man breathe!

Morbeta11:
Social media .....If not for Slama that VDM just visited, he also would have twisted the narrative to conspiracy theories....Ahmed abeg don't mind them.
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by ppogba: 4:15pm On Apr 02
ARISE will never miss the opportunity to disgrace themselves as a media outfit.

Dis na BABA finishing from Ahmed Musa.

Why always ARISE?

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by realoscar84(m): 4:20pm On Apr 02
Which nonsense culture or tradition? is it islamic or hausa/fulanis? I hardly pay attention to mundane issues like this but rubbish ain't traditions in the North where I am proudly from. Even in Islam, its wrong to bow for anybody expect Allah subhana wataalla. You cant be the first to stretch a hand for an elder in greeting but if they do, you gracefully accept it with both hands. You can even accept ur father's handshake. It's highly awkward and embarrassing to leave an elder hands hanging under the guise of according stupid respect.
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by santaclaws: 4:26pm On Apr 02
SporaD8:

This is not Nigeria ish please!!!
We all know those whose culture abhor respect for Elders.
Even after correcting them, they'd still insist on teaching you how to carry on with your own culture!

Omo iya, no too loud am, make e no be like say person na tribalist. We go dey correct ourselves for this naija noni, we no get choice 🤷🏾‍♂️
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by ppogba: 4:26pm On Apr 02
Lovit:
Forget tradition, in a social setting like that, when a senior person extends his hand for shake, it will be disrespectful to ignore it and bow instead

The courtesy thing to do is receive the hand shake as a sign of respect for him. You are not the one extending your hand first, the Governor extended a hand first to you, why ignore it?

I will feel bad if I extend a hand to someone junior for a shake and he ignores it, even if he chooses to prostrate, I will feel he is disrespecting me

Somebody gave his tradition as the reason for his action and you are saying he should " forget tradition"?
Perhaps maybe his upbringing is totally different from yours. Perhaps, to get your applause, he should have borrowed your own tradition.
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by ppogba: 4:29pm On Apr 02
Chummynoni:
You shouldnt have wasted your time replying them, ahmed musa. Too many stupid people on the media space.

The response was necessary most especially as the trail was blazed by a supposedly media outfit.

If there is anything that the response achieved, the thing shuck ARISE no be small.
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by papiwyte(m): 4:36pm On Apr 02
I know say na obidients go carry the matter for head pass grin grin grin grin

Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by Nchenches: 4:47pm On Apr 02
naptu2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGwY3GZWags?si=q09P8YdY0iQMsJp7

Ahmed Musa (MON) (OON) @Ahmedmusa718

Previous thread: Ahmed Musa Rejects Hand Shake From Kano Governor, Abba Yusuf (Video)
https://www.nairaland.com/8048257/ahmed-musa-rejects-hand-shake

All the problems of Nigeria since 1914 till today are from the north.
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by broadman20: 4:48pm On Apr 02
blowjohn:

Arise tv again.

Very useless news channel.

I saw how biased they were during th pre elections period.

No wonder that cross river legislator walked out on them yesterday or so

Mumu, that arise TV that will kill you people one day.

You call them names but i wonder how many staff of that useless TVC NEWS is leaving them to join arose news or channels.

Since you people hate the truth in NIGERIA, you love all those sugar coating interviews from nta and your Tinubu's TVC NEWS but the truth will surely suffocate you all so that NIGERIA will move forward.

Nonsense.
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by YourGFsnatcher: 4:50pm On Apr 02
santaclaws:
I blame Nigerian bloggers for this... they do anything to gain traffic. Everyone who's familiar with northern culture knows it's considered humility when you bow or kneel instead of shaking hands with someone older or of higher social status.

Nigerians always claim to be smart, but when the slightest things happen, you see people talking senselessly online without engaging their thinking faculty 🙄
This is not northern matter, this is general African issue. However, it is more disrespectful when an elder stretches his hand and you decline, there's nothing in northern culture or any African culture that says you should decline handshakes from elders. The only thing we are not allowed to do is to stretch our hands first in the presence of elders. It's total disrespect to do that, but if an elder decides to shake you, it's total disrespect to leave his hand hanging.

The Ahmed Musa issue is a small one, probably the handshake came unawares and before he can calculate the next moves it has already happened. But saying he didn't shake the governor because in the north we don't shake elders is a total lie.
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by femi4: 4:57pm On Apr 02
Alexis11:
Ahmed Musa should ignore trolls.
No be Musa type that thing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Will The Suspension Of All Sporting Activities Help Our Youth To Stop Betting? / Cristiano Ronaldo Is Engaged To Georgina Rodriguez / Garba Lawal: Victor Osimhen’s €60m Price Tag Outrageous

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.