Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir (35179 Views)

Ahmed Musa Reacts As Victor Moses Retires From Super Eagles / Ahmed Musa Reacts After His Goal Was Ranked 8th Best At World Cup / Ahmed Musa Reacts As His Goal Is Nominated For World Cup Goal Of The Tournament (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by EzekielAkins: 4:57pm On Apr 02
Penguin2:

He didn’t explain anything.

He just went on long vituperation instead of addressing the issue.

Why did he kneel to greet and shake the deputy governor but refused even a handshake from the governor neither did he kneel as he did for the deputy?

He has his biases and those biases informed that action but, of course, he won’t admit it.

He probably has corn 🌽 in Agbada😏

Can you live a day without saying anything stooopiid??
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by santaclaws: 5:00pm On Apr 02
YourGFsnatcher:

This is not northern matter, this is general African issue. However, it is more disrespectful when an elder stretches his hand and you decline, there's nothing in northern culture or any African culture that says you should decline handshakes from elders. The only thing we are not allowed to do is to stretch our hands first in the presence of elders. It's total disrespect to do that, but if an elder decides to shake you, it's total disrespect to leave his hand hanging.

The Ahmed Musa issue is a small one, probably the handshake came unawares and before he can calculate the next moves it has already happened. But saying he didn't shake the governor because in the north we don't shake elders is a total lie.

Oga rest! You don't know anything about northern culture. I know what I wrote, so don't just come here to write what you don't understand.

The height of respect in the North is to decline a handshake from a respectable figure and bow or kneel instead; it means you're telling that person that you're not up to who can even shake him! Go and confirm.
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by blowjohn(m): 5:00pm On Apr 02
broadman20:

Mumu, that arise TV that will kill you people one day.

You call them names but i wonder how many staff of that useless TVC NEWS is leaving them to join arose news or channels.

Since you people hate the truth in NIGERIA, you love all those sugar coating interviews from nta and your Tinubu's TVC NEWS but the truth will surely suffocate you all so that NIGERIA will move forward.

Nonsense.

What useless truth are they feeding u?

Ur the mumu here for not recognizing bias and unfair tactics.

How many times have people complained about about them.

I remember vividly how they ridiculed tinubu for not talking well by mimicking him. Very unprofessional

I don't even do TVC nor do I know anything about them.

But u see arise news? U only need to watch them discussing politics for 10 mins to understand how unprofessional and biased they can be once they hate someone

But it's very c
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by id4sho(m): 5:04pm On Apr 02
jaymichael:
For your culture abi? Yoruba say the way fem dey do am for our side different from the way dem dey do am for another person side.
You should know am from the north from my comment
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by id4sho(m): 5:05pm On Apr 02
Judolisco:
no be for every culture oga...
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by Blackdisciple(m): 5:17pm On Apr 02
Nothing other than respect make una rest
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by Christlike01: 5:19pm On Apr 02
Arise TV,no shame!
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by Benwallt(m): 5:19pm On Apr 02
Penguin2:

Why did he kneel to greet and shake the deputy governor but refused even a handshake from the governor neither did he kneel as he did for the deputy?

He has his biases and those biases informed that action but, of course, he won’t admit it.

Meanwhile, some people tackle their elders to the ground
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by jaymichael(m): 5:25pm On Apr 02
id4sho:

Oh, I am Sorry for the confusion. One love 🕊️✌️
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by Judolisco(m): 5:27pm On Apr 02
id4sho:

I'm also from d North, watch dis video and see how ganduje and other top northerners avoided shaking dantata

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p6_jVNZwDo
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by RaptorX: 5:28pm On Apr 02
I doubt if Musa wrote this by himself lol, have you seen him granting interview and his command of the English language.
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by broadman20: 5:34pm On Apr 02
blowjohn:

What useless truth are they feeding u?

Ur the mumu here for not recognizing bias and unfair tactics.

How many times have people complained about about them.

I remember vividly how they ridiculed tinubu for not talking well by mimicking him. Very unprofessional

I don't even do TVC nor do I know anything about them.

But u see arise news? U only need to watch them discussing politics for 10 mins to understand how unprofessional and biased they can be once they hate someone

But it's very c

Why don't you say APC and supporters are complaining.

I watched Peter Obi on arise TV and I almost pitied him on the level of drilling those people did on him.

Your Tinubu wants to be the president of Nigeria but doesn't want to face the press for questions over his shrouded personality and dealings.

Go and watch other countries election process and see how the press handle people seeking for votes.

You have seen the activities of the man who was avoiding the press, thank God all of you are enjoying his RENEWED SHEGE.
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by adecz: 5:39pm On Apr 02
People who don't understand the
culture of other people will be jumping
into conclusions...

In northern Muslim cultures, if someone
who is bigger or more important than you,
offers a handshake, you can refuse to
shake because you feel you are too small
or unworthy to shake a man of such status.

The bigger man understands this and
knows you have publicly humbled
yourself and honored him with
such a gesture...

Same as the way a Yoruba will lie completely
on his belly to greet elders or important
personalities, no matter how successful
you are.

It is only igbos that feel too big or proud
to honor anyone they are richer than.

This gesture alone by Musa will later attract a very big reward from the oga❗️❗️❗️

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by Exousiang01: 5:45pm On Apr 02
Penguin2:

You used to be smarter than this
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by firearcher: 5:57pm On Apr 02
Me sef no get work reading this
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by Almaiga: 5:58pm On Apr 02
Penguin2:

Then do your WORST

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by SonofElElyonRet: 6:08pm On Apr 02
If your superior extends his hand to shake you and you refuse to shake him that is disrespect
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by blowjohn(m): 6:13pm On Apr 02
broadman20:

Why don't you say APC and supporters are complaining.

I watched Peter Obi on arise TV and I almost pitied him on the level of drilling those people did on him.

Your Tinubu wants to be the president of Nigeria but doesn't want to face the press for questions over his shrouded personality and dealings.

Go and watch other countries election process and see how the press handle people seeking for votes.

You have seen the activities of the man who was avoiding the press, thank God all of you are enjoying his RENEWED SHEGE.

That's why u don't like arguing with people like u.

What concerns me if tinubu or obi won?

Am talking about their professionalism here.

Oh so u also watched how they drilled obi ba?

And u think they are professional?
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 6:18pm On Apr 02
Penguin2:

infact he should keep quiet, he knee properly for deputy governor subsequently shook his hands with both hands, he just bend for the governor and refused to collect his stressed hand, he should apologize, this stories he's telling will not help him, trust Nigerians, they will still drag him. Assuming he didn't greet deputy governor now, we for agree
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by broadman20: 6:18pm On Apr 02
blowjohn:

That's why u don't like arguing with people like u.

What concerns me if tinubu or obi won?

Am talking about their professionalism here.

Oh so u also watched how they drilled obi ba?

And u think they are professional?

You want to have the greatest office in the land and you want us to pamper you and cover your urgly tracks?

My dear that is not done anywhere, it's like going to get a visa those people will ask you questions that will irritate you that's why they are there.

Go and watch HARD TALK on BBC news and you will tell me what professionalism is all about.

Most of you are so used to watching that useless State owned NTA that's your problem.
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by zinosleek(m): 6:25pm On Apr 02
shot at AriseTv. They always jump at any trending news sorry online amebo or gist
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by adanny01(m): 6:35pm On Apr 02
It is also disrespectful for an elder to extend his hands towards you for a handshake and you reject.
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by blowjohn(m): 6:36pm On Apr 02
broadman20:

You want to have the greatest office in the land and you want us to pamper you and cover your urgly tracks?

My dear that is not done anywhere, it's like going to get a visa those people will ask you questions that will irritate you that's why they are there.

Go and watch HARD TALK on BBC news and you will tell me what professionalism is all about.

Most of you are so used to watching that useless State owned NTA that's your problem.

Looks like u just watch interviews with normal eyes.

U don't study motives, body language, psychological traps in speech, subtle and glaring biases.

Is the hard talk u mentioned the same thing as the usual arise news channel interviews?

It's called hard talk for a reason.

Am talking about a bunch of people asking corny questions during Interviews
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by verifiablefacts: 6:37pm On Apr 02
id4sho:
Stupid man undecided, damage control. You squat to great a elderly person. If he gives you a hand shake, you then reciprocate.

Am a full breed northerner

Full bred northerner from where, just try learning more things.
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by Emman08: 7:04pm On Apr 02
Just admit you made a mistake and move on. In these parts, if an elderly offers you a hand then you're free to shake him.
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by YourGFsnatcher: 7:37pm On Apr 02
santaclaws:

Oga rest! You don't know anything about northern culture. I know what I wrote, so don't just come here to write what you don't understand.

The height of respect in the North is to decline a handshake from a respectable figure and bow or kneel instead; it means you're telling that person that you're not up to who can even shake him! Go and confirm.
grin grin grin grin I like it when people that don't know shi keep claiming they know better. The blackman doesn't even know where I'm from and he's claiming he knows Northern culture better than moi grin cheesy grin say highest from of respect is declining handshake in the North cheesy grin dumbest things I've ever heard
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by Penguin2: 7:40pm On Apr 02
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
infact he should keep quiet, he knee properly for deputy governor subsequently shook his hands with both hands, he just bend for the governor and refused to collect his stressed hand, he should apologize, this stories he's telling will not help him, trust Nigerians, they will still drag him. Assuming he didn't greet deputy governor now, we for agree
You get?

Had it been he behaved same way to both of them, there wouldn’t have been any issue. But respecting one and disrespecting another clearly betrayed his biases.

He should own it rather than talking plenty.
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by OChimex: 8:01pm On Apr 02
BoldBrainz:

There was absolutely nothing wrong in Musa's reaction to the Governor's handshake. It is a cultural depiction of respect. End of story.

There is no end of story.

So you know the culture more than the governor who extended his hand for a shake?

Refusing a handshake when someone has extended his hand, is disrespect. If the governor didn't extend his hand for a shake then, what you and Musa argurement applies, but for the fact that governor had extended his hand for a shake, then the other respectful way which is kneel and shake his hand, applies.

The major problem with most Nigerians is, common sense, when to apply what to which.
Situation calls for appropriate actions
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by santaclaws: 8:01pm On Apr 02
YourGFsnatcher:

grin grin grin grin I like it when people that don't know shi keep claiming they know better. The blackman doesn't even know where I'm from and he's claiming he knows Northern culture better than moi grin cheesy grin say highest from of respect is declining handshake in the North cheesy grin dumbest things I've ever heard

Bro, you already implied and mentioned twice you were from the north and I still put it to you that you're not aware of the culture...

Kwara state is North, Benue is North, Kogi & Abuja are north, those aren't core northern states, so anyone from those middle belt states can claim to be from the north. You could still be from the core north and be culturally illiterate!

El Rufai as a former governor, has chosen to kneel or bow instead of shaking hands in the presence of people like Bisi Akande and Buhari several times, tell me he isn't from the north. There are several examples like that.
Re: Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir by naptu2: 8:09pm On Apr 02
Video: Northern governors refuse to shake hands with Alhaji Aminu Dantata.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p6_jVNZwDo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My First Time Sky Diving / ​Red Star Belgrade Ride Army Tank To Celebrate Champions League Qualification / What's The Best Poker Variant?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.